1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mopar
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ffru (resized).jpg
    IMG_6280 (resized).JPG
    #1 1 year ago

On and off I've been working on a Flipper Fair that had many issues, and all is sorted
    out but I'd like to know where's the Rollunder Switch? The Rollunder Switch is a switch
    that's N.C. and completes the circuit to the Score Motor when the 50 Point Relay is made.
    I went through a couple other Flipper Fairs, but never had an issue with a Rollunder
    switch. It's not any of the Trough Switches. I jumped and bypassed the Rollunder
    Switch, so the game does function properly, but I can't locate a mis-adjusted or dirty
    Rollunder Switch which has to be the reason the 50 Point Relay doesn't give juice to
    the Score Motor when it's energized. I can just solder a hot lead to one of the switches
    on the 50 Point Relay and all should be fine, but I wouldn't mind knowing where a Roll-
    under Switch suppose to be locate on the playfield. Maybe a switch I worked on dozens of
    other times, but I don't remember. Any ideas?

#2 1 year ago

Maybe I'm misreading your post. A rollunder is where the ball physically rolls under something and triggers a switch. Here's one from my 1962 Friendship 7. The actual switch is under the playfield.

IMG_6280 (resized).JPGIMG_6280 (resized).JPG
    #3 1 year ago

There's yours! Right between the two top pop bumpers.

ffru (resized).jpgffru (resized).jpg
    #4 1 year ago
    Quoted from hjh632:

There's yours! Right between the two top pop bumpers.

Hey, Clearance Center. Not too far away!
    I checked and tested those switches a couple times, and now I just went
    back and you're right. Like many I found on this machine, a cold solder joint
    except this one was attached but not feeding. I wiggled, it fell off, I re-soldered,
    and all is good.
    I went though a Friendship 7 earlier this year, and a couple reasons I kinda
    quickly shied away from that being the Rollunder switch is because Friendship
    7 refers it as a gate Switch (which I always have), but even more so is because it's
    a make/break, and the schematics shows it being just a 2 bladed set of switches.
    When I test, I usually just quickly make inside connection between the contacts
    with a small screwdriver which I've done 1,000s of times, but in this case, if I elegator
    clipped it, I would have caught it right away. I worked on many machines with Gates
    as such, and never knew it being known as a Rollunder switch. Thanks for responding!

#5 1 year ago

Not far away at all. I've communicated with you before via craigslist ads you had on. Almost went to your game room party many months back but couldn't make it. Henry

#6 1 year ago

Oh that's right Henry. I remember now.
    If you ever happen to be coming up this way, let me know..

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-flipper-fair-s-rollunder-switch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.