Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 242 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by Darcy
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1602 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1601 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1591 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1588 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1587 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1537 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1512 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0730 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1507 (resized).JPG
    bank shot HS (resized).jpg
    IMG_1484 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1437 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1433 (resized).JPG
    Pinside_forum_7760377_0 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1431 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mopar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

A couple months back, I scored a good enough score on Cowpoke (ignore the high score
    written on the backglass) to take a pic..
    On the Surfer, years back, a score of 259,670 was once scratched in. A couple weeks ago, I
    scored a 239, and change. Today, I flipped it on the first ball and throughout the game a 2nd
    flip, and fell just short of a 3rd for a score of 293,770.
    Any other rememberable high scores out there (especially a flip on a 4 digit AAB machine)?

IMG_1361 (resized).JPGIMG_1361 (resized).JPGIMG_1444 (resized).JPGIMG_1444 (resized).JPG
    #5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

'Hi Dolly' (it is not a AAB) scores that were on Pinside, by a past member were posted in the 7,000 range. That seemed really high. To get a score over 1500 is tough to do. The game has an Extra Ball feature it is only by chance that the Extra Ball is won.

And what surprised me, a couple machines I haven't yet owned has an Extra Ball feature. I just learned that about
    Dancing Lady also. I think I know of a wild Dancing Lady (actually maybe a few, but I mean pinball) that I think I'll be
    looking further into..

Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Flipper Pool: This (add a ball) game is no longer in my collection, but got a high sore of 19,847 in 1999.Many pool ball racks were reset and i remember it going on for much longer then a replay game.

I don't have many Replay machines set up, but if your scores has reflection off the Flipper Pool score,
    I have to think somewhat they're world class..
    I may have gotten in the 9 thousands on F.P., but I know I haven't turned it, and actually as far as I can
    remember, Fun Park is the only 4 digit AAB that I have flipped..

1 week later
    #8 5 years ago

The other day, while letting wax on a couple playfields set, I played a game on the Star Slugger
    and got the hundreds reel in motion by getting the 3 decks in the same inning 3 different times..
    Coincidentally, today while waiting for paint to dry, I got the same score on the World Series Shuffle.
    Topping 100 on this Shuffle (for me anyways) is a pretty good score..

IMG_1447 (resized).JPGIMG_1447 (resized).JPGIMG_1452 (resized).JPGIMG_1452 (resized).JPG

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

AAB make it worse. Once you get good at getting the extra balls it’s too easy to keep it going.

On some of the Wedge Heads also. But on those 4 digit AAB Wedge Heads, you can't
    get enough extra balls. Very hard to flip..

Quoted from Vic_Camp:

You have a fantastic collection of machines too. It's great you share them here on pin side.

Check some pages from my 20 year old High Score Book..

Thanks!
    Cool that you kept track of those scores. I wrote a few in pencil on the back of the light box panel,
    but wish I kept better track. Kinda like wanting to see that memorable photo that never was takin'..

#18 5 years ago

I had never played a Jet Spin, but if I get the chance, I will now
    certainly give it a try..
    This machine perhaps the majority hasn't played. But anything over
    20 on the Ringer I would consider as a very decent score. A ringer
    on the 3rd, 6th, and 7th shots = a free shot..
    Earlier today, I tossed 2 ringers in the 3rd, 4 in the 6th, and 2 in the
    7th and rang up a score of 36 points. Scoring 14 and 20 points = a free
    toss also..

IMG_1457 (resized).JPGIMG_1457 (resized).JPG
    4 weeks later
    #22 5 years ago

On this particular machine, I have to consider 4,000 or higher a very good score.
    Earlier today, I rifled off my highest score to date with a 4,520
    I believe the previous high was 4,430
    From the Bally and Midway compressor Rifle/Pistol gun machines, I have to place
    Rifle Gallery 1st..

IMG_1462 (resized).JPGIMG_1462 (resized).JPG
    2 weeks later
    #23 5 years ago

After recently replacing the manikin's torsion spring, he is now bowling much
    more accurately. On the 7 ft. version, I'd have to say a 200 is a very good game..
    Earlier today, while bondo was hardening, I rolled a couple of games and this 227
    I believe to be the highest since having the machine (maybe 18 or 20 years)..
    This past Saturday a Friend nickled in a 410 on the Bally "Skill Roll"..

IMG_1468 (resized).JPGIMG_1468 (resized).JPG
    #24 5 years ago

While paint was drying on the League Leader, I topped the previous high of 227 on
    the Ten Strike. As long as the Manikin is rolling accurately, they're a nice player..

IMG_1469 (resized).JPGIMG_1469 (resized).JPGIMG_1470 (resized).JPGIMG_1470 (resized).JPG
    #26 5 years ago

Team One was the 2nd pinball that I owned, and although not presently set up, I still and always
    will have it. I've heard much about it's unappealing art work, but that never stopped me from enjoying
    its game play..
    Last week a Friend stopped over and one of the machines we played was Mini Golf. A low score of
    18 was played which I believe is the best score since having the machine (maybe 10 years)..

IMG_1471 (resized).JPGIMG_1471 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #27 5 years ago

I know, I should be playing pinball more, but I did it two more times..

IMG_1478 (resized).JPGIMG_1478 (resized).JPGIMG_1481 (resized).JPGIMG_1481 (resized).JPG
    2 months later
    #32 4 years ago

Already having a great game going, and then topped it off by striking out in the 10th..

IMG_1505 (resized).JPGIMG_1505 (resized).JPG
    7 months later
    #34 4 years ago

After working on a little project in the game room, I'd figure its been a while,
    so I'll play a game of Cowpoke. By completing 1-7 three times, with the added balls,
    I was able to flip her over. Outside of Fun Park, I believe it's the only 4 digit Gottlieb
    Add-a-Ball that I ever turned over..

IMG_1563 (resized).JPGIMG_1563 (resized).JPG
    2 weeks later
    #36 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

, but I finally beat my high score on Roller Coaster tonight!

What was your old high Score?
    Years back, I went through a Roller Coaster for a Friend, and can't remember what a decent
    score would be. I'm sure it's not in the 7,000s like yours, but I'll have to ask him what a pretty
    good score is on that machine..

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

I’ve never played Hi-Score Pool. It looks like it would be frustrating trying to guess where the ball is. Did you miss the one at Truck City when it was gone?

Back in the early/mid 90s, I got a call on a High Score Pool. It actually kinda played and after
    playing a couple balls, I turned it down for $20.00 Already having quite a few Wedge Heads
    and others, it was a machine that I knew would never be set up in the basement..

#44 4 years ago

Last night, one of the games played with a pinball pal was Hollywood and was able to
    turn her over four times and having a score of 450,140
    For a machine that doesn't go for a whole lot, it's simple, but not a bad little two player..

IMG_0027 (resized).JPGIMG_0027 (resized).JPG
    1 month later
    #47 4 years ago

It's been a little while, so I thought I'd check out the Star Slugger.
    Getting a Home Run in all 3 decks in the same inning (which I did
    twice in this game) isn't very uncommon, but hitting a "Super Home Run"
    rarely happens which I also did during this game. Hitting all 3 decks twice,
    along with hitting the Super Home Run accounted for 90 runs alone which
    helped break the previous high of 125 runs. Cracking 100 runs doesn't
    happen often..

IMG_0071 (resized).JPGIMG_0071 (resized).JPGIMG_0072 (resized).JPGIMG_0072 (resized).JPG
    2 months later
    #48 3 years ago

Last week, a couple of the Fellas was over and Joe "The Hitman" Perfetti managed to roll the Hollywood
    5 times landing a score of 502,370 beating the previous high of 450,140

IMG_0180 (resized).JPGIMG_0180 (resized).JPG
    2 months later
    #53 3 years ago

Yesterday, I straightened out a couple things on the 2nd Cowpoke (which is spoken for) and earlier this
    morning I thought I'd play a game. Completing 1 -7 twice contributed for turning it over, but halfway in
    the game I hit the red dotted target 4 times in a row building the ball count up to 9 which enabled me
    to get a score of 13,885 breaking the previous high of 11,663. For me, any time flipping a 4 digit add-a-
    ball makes for a hell of a game..

IMG_0328 (resized).JPGIMG_0328 (resized).JPG
    11 months later
    #55 2 years ago

I'm not sure how good of a score this is for this machine,
    but it's the best I had after playing quite a few games..
    It hit the Replay level..

IMG_0587 (resized).JPGIMG_0587 (resized).JPG
    #57 2 years ago

I wouldn't consider myself a Replay collector, but it seems I've been
    playing Gusher a few times a day.
    I don't have any other scores to compare it to, so I'm not sure how
    well this is, but it beat my previous high of 5,870,000, and gave me
    3 Replays..

IMG_0596 (resized).JPGIMG_0596 (resized).JPG

#58 2 years ago

I'm not sure what would be considered as a superb game on Sea Wolf, and I haven't
    had it up and running for long, but this is my high to date.
    I also took a pic with most the room's lights out, and that's when I noticed its backglass
    is more colorful than I had realized..

IMG_0612 (resized).JPGIMG_0612 (resized).JPGIMG_0613 (resized).JPGIMG_0613 (resized).JPG
    #60 2 years ago

To the Replay Big Boys, maybe nothing to get exited about, but
    for me, another High Score topped..

IMG_0627 (resized).JPGIMG_0627 (resized).JPG
    #62 2 years ago

Haha! Did the machine's title have any influence?

#66 2 years ago

Because this machine isn't that well known, this high score won't mean much to most,
    but the other day I topped 4,000 playing advance on Kick-a-Poo.
    It's a machine that when playing alone you can get into a rhythm, but last Winter while
    playing a 2 player game, I made 16 center pocket shots in a row and scored over 4,000,
    but didn't take a pic..

IMG_0634 (resized).JPGIMG_0634 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #67 2 years ago

I'm not sure what's known as a superb score on this machine, but for me 500 doesn't come often.
    Scoring 300, 500, and the horse selected before the race was over happened to win the race which
    totaled to 3 Replays won for this game played..
    Edit: Because the selected horse won the race in 3 balls, 2 Replays were rewarded..
    IMG_0651 (resized).JPGIMG_0651 (resized).JPG

#69 2 years ago

I'm pretty much 100% there's no other scores to compare this one with,
    but after quite a few games, this is the best I scored. 250 on the 1st ball
    set the path..

IMG_0663 (resized).JPGIMG_0663 (resized).JPG
    #70 2 years ago

Edit: Oops. Accidental send while on the phone..

#72 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

That’s got to be a pretty rare machine.

Yea. After quite a bit of searching, the only other one I could find is on IPDB
    and it has a painted cabinet and black is it's basic playfield color. The basic
    playfield color on this one is blue, and fortunately its cabinet is 100% original.
    When rating, I'm thinking they got confused. The few ratings on the IPDB is
    either talking about the 1990 Williams Funhouse, or this one is missing its talking
    sound board. haha..
    After a while, I'll be giving this one its true rating, and it'll be a good one. It's
    a very enjoyable playing vintage multi-player..

IMG_0661 (resized).JPGIMG_0661 (resized).JPGIMG_0662 (resized).JPGIMG_0662 (resized).JPG
    #73 2 years ago

Last night while a Friend was over, not only did he leave me in the dust on this game,
    by him getting 350 points on the first ball, and 325 points on the last (5th) ball, he
    blew my previous hi score of 798 away. Twice he hit the trap doors at the right time..
    Of them all set up, he said this is his favorite. It actually is a very good player..

IMG_0665 (resized).JPGIMG_0665 (resized).JPG
    #74 2 years ago

Well, I only had this machine up and running for a short time, but last night during one
    game, that ball was cruising the playfield. I think 2.5 mil on the first ball.
    Another few thousand I would have topped it of..

IMG_0693 (resized).JPGIMG_0693 (resized).JPG
    #75 2 years ago

Last night after much work first outdoors and then inside, I thought I'd enjoy a couple games on
    Gusher and my last game (for me anyways) was a good one. This score topped the previous high
    of 6,350,000..

IMG_0698 (resized).JPGIMG_0698 (resized).JPG
    #77 2 years ago
    Quoted from SilverLiningMan:

Had a whale of a game tonight with my Majorettes a-marchin’ with gusto. I’ve never rolled a 60’s wedgehead

I have to say, rolling over any 4 digit Gottlieb AAB doesn't happen often. I've done it on a Fun Park (which
    in my experience if there is an easiest one, Fun Park is it), and also did it on a Cowpoke which is no easy
    task..
    From the ones I've played (which is quite a few), I'd say Ice Show would be the toughest to roll over, but
    Majorettes I'm thinking could possibly be in the top 5 hardest to flip..

#79 2 years ago

Earlier in the week on Balls-a-Poppin I managed to get over 1,900 on the 1st ball (that's
    a lot) and had in mind if I break 3,000, I'm taking a snap. Well not any of the next 4 balls
    were anywhere near as good, and ended up with 2,9??, but last night I did manage to crack
    that 3,000 point barrier..

IMG_0705 (resized).JPGIMG_0705 (resized).JPG
    #81 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I once managed to get exactly 100,000 points on a "Card Trix"! Game over, and the score reels were at 00,000!

Are you sure you didn't have a few pops and at the end of the game accidently
    hit the reset button?

#84 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Nope. Had a witness as well.

Haha, no witness needed. Only joking.
    Although the odds are highly unlikely, I believed
    you had 0s across the board..
    Now if the double Pop-a-Card scores ended with
    all zeros, maybe a witness, photo, and a hand on
    a bible may be needed..

3 weeks later
    #85 2 years ago

Well, earlier tonight a little luck must have been on my side. I had the Palooka set up years back,
    and just today it officially went back in a line up and during my last game, things aligned perfectly.
    Knocking down the set of 4 drop targets several times is what lead the way running out the numbers
    and flipping her for a score of 12,589. At one time during the game I think it was 8 balls I had it built
    up to..

IMG_0744 (resized).JPGIMG_0744 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #88 2 years ago

Tonight the stars aligned and I hung a 13,929 on the old girl.

That's pretty impressive. Majorettes isn't an easy one to get a high score on.
    I've never come close to flipping that one.
    I noticed you like the Wedge Heads AABs. That's what most of mine are.
    Your Majorettes looks like a nice one..

#93 2 years ago

I do like the AABs (I lucked into a really nice Flipper as my first pin a couple years ago) and am currently going through a Big Top which I’m itching to play. Have really enjoyed reading your posts and seeing your seemingly endless string of amazing games getting set up!

Thanks! I went through a string of woodrails, and now back on metal, but I'm going back to the wood, but shuffles.
    I'm just finishing a Chicago Coin 1951 Shuffle (only because it was in a local restaurant when new, then sat in the same
    Family's basement in the same spot for 59 years when I picked it up a couple weeks ago). It's in nice shape..
    Next I believe will be a United Venus Target Shuffle, then I'm thinking about going through the Gottieb Bowlette..
    I have Flipper, but haven't gone through it yet. I also have a Big Top which I'm looking forward to go through.
    I like those true 2 Player AAB Gottliebs..
    I think on Flipper Pool, I have topped 8,000, but that's another that's tough to flip as is all the other 4 digit AAB Wedge Heads..

#94 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Just finished up my Skill Pool yearly maintenance and finally touched up the back glass after being in my collection 20+ years. Not my best high score but a decent one. Got to love them reverse wedge heads.

I never had a chance to get in, or had an opportunity to play Skill Pool, but I do have a couple Replay Reverse Wedge
    Heads. 4 Roses and Trade Winds. I haven't heard to much about 4 Roses, but looking forward to go through the Trade
    Winds. A few years ago, I was encouraged by others to do the trade deal for the Trade Winds..

#95 2 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

Came so close to beating my high score on royal guard. Something about this wedgehead..I find it fun

Not Royal Guard, and not presently set up, but years back I went through Palace Guard, and yes. Another thumbs up Wedge Head..
    I now have additional space, and eventually she will be set up again..

1 week later
    #97 2 years ago

Although I just recently went through Friendship, years back I had it set up, and I'm
    pretty sure the score I totaled up yesterday is my all time high. Most times playing, I
    don't even hit the free ball score which is set at 3,000, so for me, this one was worth
    snapping a pic..

IMG_0768 (resized).JPGIMG_0768 (resized).JPG
    3 weeks later
    #99 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Nice!! But how many extra balls?

wth. I just noticed this question.
    Not sure if you're familiar with Friendship's rule set, but when the reel and lit
    letter are the same, the red insert will light indicating hitting the reel's center
    target awards a free ball. I did earn quite a few free balls that game. I remember
    on one ball, I hit that center target (while red lit) 4 times awarding 4 free balls.
    A little luck was surely involved. It's not like Subway/Crosstown where free
    balls can be rewarded by hitting the center target non-stop multiple times. On
    Friendship, each time that target is hit, the reel steps up to the next letter..

2 weeks later
    #100 2 years ago

Earlier this afternoon I gave a neighbor a quick hand, and then after we played
    a couple games of Bristol Hills. He took me the first game, but the 2nd game
    things fell into place and I did a 360 plus with the score reels finishing the game
    with a score of 11,278
    When I first looked at the playfield's layout (years ago) I thought maybe with
    the spinners, game play might be okay, but after going through it a little while
    back, I consider it a very good player. Certainly one that will remain in the game
    room..
    btw: The high score adjustment is set on 3,200 and 6,500

IMG_0790 (resized).JPGIMG_0790 (resized).JPG
    3 weeks later
    #102 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Can’t believe I rolled this one.

From your reaction, I'm sure it was a once in a life time score, and I never
    played a Wild Card, but every time the game is mentioned, it reminds me
    when I was checking one out, but they would not come down from $200.00
    It was back in he 90s when I was picking up projects for $100.00 (and less),
    so I didn't pull the trigger. I'm now thinking big mistake. Cosmetically out of
    a 10, it was a 9.99 or better and always question myself when Wild card is
    mentioned..

1 week later
    #104 2 years ago

While I was waiting for a 1st coat of paint to get tacky, I figured I'd play a
    game of Loop-the-Loop, and it turned out to be a good one to pick. For me,
    1,000 points and up is a pretty good score, but this time I did that X 4 with a
    score of 4,196. It's the AAB version, so that does contribute on achieving a
    higher score..

IMG_0810 (resized).JPGIMG_0810 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #107 2 years ago

Within' a week or so after getting the P.I. in the line up, I figured a score of 4,000 or
    higher would be eligible for a pic. While taking a little breather today cleaning up the joint,
    I played a game and got fortunate enough to rack up 4 extra balls on the 1st ball which
    lead the way to breaking the 4,000 barrier. It may not seem like a whole lot, but I've found
    even 2,000 (which is the 1st added ball by points) is not always an easy task..

IMG_0817 (resized).JPGIMG_0817 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #108 2 years ago

I was thinking if Lariat gets flipped, it would qualify for a high score. A couple
    days ago it didn't get flipped, but it's the high score to date..
    I'm not usually into vari-targets, but this one I like. A solid flipper hit can get
    the target to the top.
    A new backglass is on order..

IMG_0820 (resized).JPGIMG_0820 (resized).JPG
    #109 2 years ago

Only by a few hundred, but I topped the previous high score of 11,278 on Bristol Hills
    by rolling it to 11,924..

IMG_0822 (resized).JPGIMG_0822 (resized).JPG
    #110 2 years ago

After giving me a quick hand moving a machine, a Friend and I played a couple games of
    B.H., and I happen to spin and top it again. 12,513

IMG_0823 (resized).JPGIMG_0823 (resized).JPG
    #112 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Your buddy said maybe next time you can top his 12,921, ha ha.

Haha, Yea. I almost circled him. I had a hellava 5th ball maxing out the bonus which is where
    most the points comes from (especially on the 5th ball) and was hoping to get back around to
    3,200 which is a "Shoot Again", but with the bonus already maxed, I had to keep the ball on the
    table for quite some time hitting those spinners, but fell a few hundred short..

1 week later
    #113 2 years ago

Well, last night a Friend stopped over to help set up the laptop (for the stereo), then played a
    few games and it must have been 4 or 5 free balls I got while on Ball 2 and was able to finish
    out the game and rolling Lariat with a score of 108,520.
    I haven't yet gone through the Big Top, but like the other 2 True Two Player AABs that are set up,
    Lariat's a good player, especially when two's playing..

IMG_0826 (resized).JPGIMG_0826 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #114 2 years ago

A couple nights ago I cracked Lariat's previous high score of 108,520
    with a flipping 123,640.
    Seems the more I play this machine, the more I'm liking it..

IMG_0834 (resized).JPGIMG_0834 (resized).JPG
    #115 2 years ago

And P.I. gets a new high pic..

IMG_0841 (resized).JPGIMG_0841 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #116 2 years ago

A couple days ago I racked up a score of 4,157 on Hyde Park.
    A good player, just another that's not so easy to get a high
    score on. I believe it's the high score to date..

IMG_0844 (resized).JPGIMG_0844 (resized).JPG
    #118 2 years ago

Hellava score on the Melody, but that 13,929 on Majorettes is a standout!

#119 2 years ago

After working a few hours on pin, I thought I'd play a couple
    games of P.I., and the last game turned out to be a pretty good
    one topping the previous high of 4,422.

IMG_0856 (resized).JPGIMG_0856 (resized).JPG
    4 weeks later
    #123 2 years ago
    Quoted from Garrett:

Just got this Gridiron up and running recently.

Years back I had a nice Gridiron, but I end up trading it, but maybe I
    should have kept..
    Recently I saw a video of a Pro Football in a Tournament, and it looked
    like a pretty nice player. I have a nice Pro Football and eventually I think
    I'll have to shop it out..

#124 2 years ago

The game room's looking a little bit like a workshop once again, but
    since Pleasure isle is one of the machines that's still cleared off, I thought
    I'd take a little breather and play a quick game. Well, it turned out to be a
    fairly lengthy game. I had a hellava 2nd ball hitting the star in one of the
    kick-out holes multiple times and pegged out the extra balls getting all 5
    of the animated beach balls to show in the backglass. The other balls played
    weren't near as fortunate, but still was able to easily beat the previous high
    of 4849..

IMG_0877 (resized).JPGIMG_0877 (resized).JPG
    #125 2 years ago

Earlier this morning I cracked the previous high of 123,640
    on the machine that when I do play a game, this one seems
    to be my mostly go to machine. Simple, but I like its play..

IMG_0878 (resized).JPGIMG_0878 (resized).JPG
    #126 2 years ago

Today CNYPINBALLGUY and his Son Sean stopped by and picked up a couple
    games and after loading, we had an enjoyful day playing machines and Sean's
    2nd game on Palooka was explosive hitting a score of 15,045 easily beating
    the previous high of 12,589. A score that I'm sure will be holding up for a long
    time..

IMG_0881 (resized).JPGIMG_0881 (resized).JPG
    2 weeks later
    #128 1 year ago

I hadn't kept track of the highest score on this game yet, but I'm pretty sure
    it hadn't reach 2,500 until earlier today when I had a few good balls on the
    C.C.'s Bronco ending up with 3,795.
    This is the Add-a-Ball version where one can build up the balls. High Score
    Points are adjusted so every 1,000 points awards an added ball.
    This game seems to be another one where the more you play it, the more
    you like it..

IMG_0906 (resized).JPGIMG_0906 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #132 1 year ago

I forgot to post, but a couple weeks ago while a Friend stopped over,
    I topped the previous high (12,513) on Bristol Hills..

IMG_0903 (resized).JPGIMG_0903 (resized).JPG
    2 weeks later
    #138 1 year ago

A couple weeks back I topped the old Lariat's score rolling out a 129,670

IMG_0914 (resized).JPGIMG_0914 (resized).JPG
    #139 1 year ago

Also, last week I rolled my highest on Black Jack,
    but on the right day, I believe B.J. to be flippable..

IMG_0913 (resized).JPGIMG_0913 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #144 1 year ago

Must’ve played Flipper 25 times last night without breaking 1500

Yes, now having my Flipper set up, I can vouch that even reaching 2,000 doesn't happen often..
    Like Ice Show, probably a 4 digit AAB that I'll never see turned over..

#149 1 year ago

My daughter rolled Melody today! 10,630–wow.

Nice! My neighbor reached over 9,000, but this is the first I've
    heard of Melody being flipped..

#150 1 year ago

A couple days ago I beat the previous high of 615,280 on B.J. I had a
    hellava ball getting an extra ball twice on ball 5 and came so close
    flippin' her..

IMG_0921 (resized).JPGIMG_0921 (resized).JPG
    #154 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Just let me know when you get tired of it and want to sell. My grail pin.

Because last year another collector was interested in my 2nd B.J., is the reason I picked
    and went through the one I'd be keeping, and after playing a few games, I realized how
    much I liked its game play. Years ago I picked one up from an old time Vendor (a really
    nice one), and can now kick myself for trading it before shopping it out.
    However, I do know of another one within' driving distance. He's hard to get a hold of,
    but I'll keep giving it a shot, and if so, you'll be the first I'll get in contact with..

#156 1 year ago

Cowpoke I've turned over before, but not yet Flipper Cowboy,
    but getting closer..

IMG_0929 (resized).JPGIMG_0929 (resized).JPG
    #157 1 year ago

Earlier this morning I flipped a good game on Gusher.
    Although I missed the high score by 10,000 points, I
    did get all numbers (1 -12) lit on the backglass along
    with 8 Replays..

IMG_0930 (resized).JPGIMG_0930 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #158 1 year ago

Earlier today I had a terrific first ball on Gusher which highly contributed to break the
    previous high score of 7,170,000
    Although it fell quite short from pegging out the machine, if any of the last 4 balls had
    half the performance as the first, it would have been pegged..

IMG_0937 (resized).JPGIMG_0937 (resized).JPG
    #159 1 year ago

Yesterday I scored the high on Lariat with a 133,680
    I definitely rate this machine a Thumbs Up.
    If you spot one, worth grabbing..
    btw: new bgresto backglass installed..

IMG_0938 (resized).JPGIMG_0938 (resized).JPG

1 week later
    #160 1 year ago

Now and then I'll hit up Night Rider and today,
    276,150 is the highest I've scored..

IMG_0942 (resized).JPGIMG_0942 (resized).JPG
    2 weeks later
    #162 1 year ago

Put another 6 grand plus on Lariat's high score
    rolling out a 139,850

IMG_0950 (resized).JPGIMG_0950 (resized).JPG
    3 weeks later
    #163 1 year ago

I'm primarily into AABs, but now and then I do enjoy playing a few of those 50s woodrails.
    Today I topped Rocketship's previous high of 7,180,000 just coming a few hundred thousand
    short from pegging it out..
    IMG_0963 (resized).JPGIMG_0963 (resized).JPG

1 week later
    #164 1 year ago

Earlier tonight I had a stand out game on Lariat blowing away
    the previous high of 133,680 barely missing a double flip..

IMG_0967 (resized).JPGIMG_0967 (resized).JPG
    #165 1 year ago

Discussing Bristol Hills in a thread earlier today, I figured I'd play a couple games on her and
    the 3rd game was by far the high to date flipping it twice and blowing the previous high of
    12,755 away racking up a 21,683 score, and yes. Because of it's game play, despite the not so
    mint condition, in my personal opinion, the Bristol Hills presently up for sale is worth the effort
    to try and work out a deal for..

IMG_0969 (resized).JPGIMG_0969 (resized).JPG
    #166 1 year ago

I don't play this machine often, but earlier today I fired her up and it's not
    my best score, but I was primarily going for the cities and getting the ball in
    the center Kick-Out 4 times (3 city step ups each time) helped achieved
    reaching Tahiti for the first time. Not an easy task to do (well at least not
    for me anyways)..

IMG_0971 (resized).JPGIMG_0971 (resized).JPGIMG_0972 (resized).JPGIMG_0972 (resized).JPG
    #167 1 year ago

Here's a machine I don't play often, but it was a bit rainy today so I thought I'd
    exercise the L the L, and my 2nd game easily topped the previous high of 4,196.
    This is the add-a-ball version, so that certainly contributes to achieving a higher
    score..

IMG_0973 (resized).JPGIMG_0973 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #172 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Second best ever score on "Hay-Ride".

Years ago (back in the Pennysaver small hick town wanted ad days) I got a phone call and made the
    rural trip and picked up a Hayride right out of a cow barn. I went threw it but it's been so long, I can't
    remember its game play. IPDB has 1 rating at an 8.2 Looks like you play yours from time to time. How
    would you rate it? My space is once again limited, but thinking about maybe taking her out of storage..

#174 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

It's challenging for sure, but fun.
    Very satisfying to beat it.

Yea, okay. One of the barns is wired to set up machines.
    I'll have to see about unloading some stored pins to make
    enough space so one side can be used for shopped and
    set up machines..

1 week later
    #176 1 year ago

Was talking about L-t-L in a post earlier today, so I thought I'd play a couple games on
    her and the last turn out to be a good one topping the previous high of 5,773
    This is the add-a-ball version (which surely contributes) and on the 1st ball I was able
    to top it out at 5 added balls.

IMG_1029 (resized).JPGIMG_1029 (resized).JPG
    1 month later
    #178 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

New high game on "Hay-Ride".

Although my space is once again limited, I need to get Hayride set up again.
    I went through it back in the 90s after picking it up from a (very rural)hay barn.
    It had no playfield glass and it was the hay covering the playfield that saved it from
    all the pigeon crap. The backglass is so so, but the playfield's pretty decent..
    I haven't had the machine set up long, but this is my high on Add a Ball (Skill Ball).
    btw: If anyone has an idea where I can maybe get a pic of this machine's instruction
    card, it would me much appreciative if you could pass that info my way..

IMG_1150 (resized).JPGIMG_1150 (resized).JPG
    #179 1 year ago

Earlier today I cracked 4,000 on Skill Ball, which beat the previous high.
    Years back someone said that I'd like this game, and I do.
    It's a nice little player..
    Oh yes, it ended on a Tilt while trying to save it. It was on the last ball..

IMG_1152 (resized).JPGIMG_1152 (resized).JPG

1 week later
    #180 1 year ago

Had a nice game on the Add a Ball (Skill Ball) earlier today topping
    the previous high of 4,307
    I've been playing this one quite a bit lately..

IMG_1158 (resized).JPGIMG_1158 (resized).JPG
    2 weeks later
    #182 1 year ago

Nice looking machine!

1 month later
    #188 1 year ago

I may have gotten a higher score on Subway at one time,
    but so far, this is tops on F.F.

IMG_1220 (resized).JPGIMG_1220 (resized).JPG
    3 weeks later
    #190 1 year ago

I recently went through the Sun Valley, and this by far is my best score.
    This is now the Add-a-Ball version. It's a tough one to get a high score on.
    I'd be a bit surprised if the Replay version ever saw a score in this range.
    It was either 9 or 10 extra balls that I was awarded..

IMG_1242 (resized).JPGIMG_1242 (resized).JPG
    4 weeks later
    #191 1 year ago

Earlier this morning I changed out a couple rubbers on the Big Top,
    and when finish, I thought I'd play a game, and it turned to be one
    that was worth taking a pic. For sure my best score that I played on
    it to date..

IMG_1259 (resized).JPGIMG_1259 (resized).JPG
    3 weeks later
    #192 1 year ago

Earlier tonight I hit the slopes on Sun Valley, and tallied up
    my highest score to date..

IMG_1277 (resized).JPGIMG_1277 (resized).JPG
    1 month later
    #197 11 months ago

I'm out of room once again. There's still quite a few more I'd like to have set up.
    Thinking about letting loose of one of the Ball Bowlers to make room for a few more
    with Cleo being one of them..

#200 11 months ago
    Quoted from SteveinTexas:

Set on 5 frames per game. 7 strikes in a row,

Looks like that torsion spring did wonders!
    Post #32. My highest score on a 10 frame game..

1 week later
    #206 11 months ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

It is interesting that even with the ball below the flippers, one can nudge the ball into the kicker

Same with Majorettes. That last #5 Bumpers can be gotten,
    and still have a chance to get the ball back into play..
    I wasn't much into woodrails years back, but from a Penny
    Saver wanted ad, I should have picked up that Globe Trotter
    for $200.00

3 weeks later
    #208 10 months ago

I had the Hula Hula in the line up for a few months now, but hadn't taken a
    high score pic until this one, so I have to believe this is the highest score to Date.
    This is the Add-a-Ball version which definitely help topping 4,000

IMG_1328 (resized).JPGIMG_1328 (resized).JPG
    #209 10 months ago

Had another good game on the Hula Hula beating
    the high score from just a few days ago

IMG_1334 (resized).JPGIMG_1334 (resized).JPG
    2 months later
    #211 8 months ago

I only had this game up and running for a few days, but so far this
    is the high score.
    Although the 2nd Top Hand has some playfield wear and is missing
    a couple pieces, if I could find a center plastic, I think it's a game
    worth saving..

IMG_1361 (resized).JPGIMG_1361 (resized).JPG
    #212 8 months ago

Played another few games on Top Hand, and the last game had a superb 1st ball.
    3,194 points, and 3 extra balls (topping 3,000, beating the dealers hand, and losing
    the ball down the Special lane while lit.
    My plans were to trade/sell this machine, but I think I'll be hanging onto her..

IMG_1362 (resized).JPGIMG_1362 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #213 7 months ago

Earlier today I sat in for a game of Top Hand, and happen to beat
    the dealer a few times which enabled me to toss the numbers
    scoring a 10,310!

IMG_1367 (resized).JPGIMG_1367 (resized).JPG
    #214 7 months ago

Started out a little slow on this game, and
    then came on strong finishing with a score
    of 10,329 edging the previous high by 19
    points..

IMG_1370 (resized).JPGIMG_1370 (resized).JPG
    2 weeks later
    #215 7 months ago

Not the high score, but got all the numbers out on the playfield,
    and lit on the backglass. Doesn't happen often.
    From the woodrail line up, I dare to say Gusher is the one I
    mostly go to..

IMG_1390 (resized).JPGIMG_1390 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #216 7 months ago

I've flipped Extra Inning over before, but 18,716
    and 66 runs I believe is the best at bat I've had..

IMG_1400 (resized).JPGIMG_1400 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #217 6 months ago

I played quite a few trial games on Gold Rush (AAB version),
    and this by far is my best score. Hitting 2,000 alone (which is the
    first points to get an added ball) more than not don't come easy..

IMG_1431 (resized).JPGIMG_1431 (resized).JPG
    #221 6 months ago
    Quoted from Theo_Ioannis:

I see 4,830,000 but I don't know on the last 3-4 digits......
    What are these #1–12 on the storage tank and a star?

The Gobble hole scores 500,000 points. If all 12 numbers are hit off the playfield and lit on the
    backglass, randomly one of the numbers 1, 2, or 3 will light and if the ball goes in, not only
    500,000 points, but the Gobble Hole will also give 1, 2, or 3 Replays.
    The star is for the Match Feature. It lights at the end of the game. If it's lit underneath your
    last 2 digit score, it's 1 Replay. Also, if all numbers (1-12) are lit on the backglass, at the end of
    the game, I believe it also awards 1 replay even if the ball doesn't enter the Gobble Hole.

IMG_1433 (resized).JPGIMG_1433 (resized).JPG
    #222 6 months ago
    Quoted from AndyGarber:

The artwork on Gusher's backglass is just groovy

Yes. Not only a good player, it is a nice looker.
    btw: I was pretty sure I had a decent used Flipper Fair backglass.
    You being close by, I looked where I figured it would be, but
    didn't see it. If I spot it, I'll check if you may be interested in it..

#224 6 months ago

20 ft. Chicago Coin Ball Bowler.
    Best score I've seen on Red Pin.

IMG_1437 (resized).JPGIMG_1437 (resized).JPG
    1 month later
    #225 5 months ago

Quite a while back, Ten Strike's Maniken's torsion spring broke, and last month I finally got around putting
    in a new one and tuning the machine up..
    Here's the best game rolled since that time..

IMG_1484 (resized).JPGIMG_1484 (resized).JPG
    #227 5 months ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

How many frames per game is it set for?

It's the full 10 frames, and actually if you made 9 straight strikes, then struck out
    in the 10th, you could get a score of 360, but a strike doesn't come very easily.
    If a strike is made, and you kept the maniken in the exact same position, usually
    the 8 or 9 pin stays down.
    I haven't played the 5' version, but when it's playing 100% (once totally gone through,
    it's reliable), the 7 footer is a pretty fun player..

#229 5 months ago
    Quoted from BubbaK:

I just had my best game on Bank Shot.. 896,190.

It's been quite a while since I went through and played a Bank Shot,
    but I do remember that getting a score like yours is A Lot!

2 weeks later
    #231 4 months ago

This by far is the best score I played on Hayride.
    At one point, I had the added balls built up to 10, and
    maintained between 6 and 8 for a few balls.
    Getting the Freeball Gate open is one of the keys to
    getting a high score..

IMG_1507 (resized).JPGIMG_1507 (resized).JPG
    4 weeks later
    #233 3 months ago

Although this may seem like a rather low score, just getting double digits alone
    is usually a challenge..
    This room hasn't been used in a while, and while testing some of the machines
    and fixing a sticky score reel on Champ, I thought I'd give her a little workout,
    and to my knowledge, this 3rd game I played is the high score to date..

IMG_1512 (resized).JPGIMG_1512 (resized).JPG
    3 weeks later
    #234 88 days ago
    Quoted from out_of_order:

I had a once in a lifetime game on my friends granada.

I've never played Granada, but back when, I picked up a really nice one for $125.00, but
    traded it before I went through it. Last Sunday, a friend (only has one pinball), asked if I'd
    come along to pick up a pinball he saw on fb. He was the 1st to respond.
    Traveled around 45 minutes, and the machine sat in their basement for close to 50 years.
    It still pretty much played. Rubbers were broken, but after going through it, she should
    look pretty nice. He picked it up for $250.00. They said they later had a string of callers.
    Anyways, before long, it looks like I'll be able to check out a Granada..

#235 88 days ago

Earlier today I Pitched Hit on the League Leader.
    Scoring 30 runs on this game I consider very good.
    It was more than 30 runs before I got my 1st out.
    3 outs can come pretty quickly, but I thought damn,
    I have chance to get a really good score, and the 3
    outs certainly did come faster than they did while
    scoring the first 30 runs, but I still believe this is the
    high score to date..

IMG_1537 (resized).JPGIMG_1537 (resized).JPG
    2 weeks later
    #236 71 days ago

Well, I hit the range earlier today on Rifle Gallery. Taking my time
    trying to pin-point my shots, I didn't get that last (35th) shot off
    before the 50 second timer expired, yet still managed to score
    a 4,510. 4,000 and up I'd consider an exceptional score..

IMG_1587 (resized).JPGIMG_1587 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #237 62 days ago

I got dealt a hellava hand on the 3rd ball racking up 400,000 (plus) points
    enabling me to flip B.J. Barely, but did flip her.
    I have come close before, but this is the 1st time..

IMG_1588 (resized).JPGIMG_1588 (resized).JPG
    2 weeks later
    #238 47 days ago

A few days ago after doing a couple repairs on
    the Rifle Gallery, I rifled an all time high..

IMG_1591 (resized).JPGIMG_1591 (resized).JPG
    1 month later
    #239 17 days ago

Last week I rifled off another high score on the Rifle Gallery..

IMG_1601 (resized).JPGIMG_1601 (resized).JPG
    #240 15 days ago

Another high on the Rifle Gallery.
    5,000 is reachable, but would take
    a near perfect round..

IMG_1602 (resized).JPGIMG_1602 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mopar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-em-high-scores?tu=mopar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.