Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 242 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Darcy
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1602 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1601 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1591 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1588 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1587 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1537 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1512 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0730 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1507 (resized).JPG
    bank shot HS (resized).jpg
    IMG_1484 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1437 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1433 (resized).JPG
    Pinside_forum_7760377_0 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1431 (resized).JPG
    There are 242 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from SilverLiningMan:

Whoa. Nice game Murphdom!

It was just a lot of luck. Don’t worry I’ll be terrible from here on out.

#52 3 years ago

I recently put 9174 on my Flip A Card. I had the specials lit on the second ball which cuts scoring down because the Ace is a special so you get a replay but no scoring. I ran up 8 replays including a match. At least two of the specials were the Ace so that's another 1000 points I could have had. Have never rolled it. That's my best game since I've owned it.

2 weeks later
    #53 3 years ago

Yesterday, I straightened out a couple things on the 2nd Cowpoke (which is spoken for) and earlier this
    morning I thought I'd play a game. Completing 1 -7 twice contributed for turning it over, but halfway in
    the game I hit the red dotted target 4 times in a row building the ball count up to 9 which enabled me
    to get a score of 13,885 breaking the previous high of 11,663. For me, any time flipping a 4 digit add-a-
    ball makes for a hell of a game..

IMG_0328 (resized).JPGIMG_0328 (resized).JPG
    #54 3 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

I recently put 9174 on my Flip A Card. I had the specials lit on the second ball which cuts scoring down because the Ace is a special so you get a replay but no scoring. I ran up 8 replays including a match. At least two of the specials were the Ace so that's another 1000 points I could have had. Have never rolled it. That's my best game since I've owned it.

That makes sense. Both times I’ve rolled mine, I never got the Specials lit. Once failing to get the Jack and the other time the elusive 7.

Both games I was able to rip the 500 point Ace rollover from the left flipper multiple times. The 12,320 game was still not enough to top Vic Camp’s top score.

0416C5EF-C182-4A08-A0C9-D5E87A13113A (resized).jpeg0416C5EF-C182-4A08-A0C9-D5E87A13113A (resized).jpeg3334B48F-3C72-46E5-8FB0-C599E6C14B23 (resized).jpeg3334B48F-3C72-46E5-8FB0-C599E6C14B23 (resized).jpeg
    11 months later
    #55 2 years ago

I'm not sure how good of a score this is for this machine,
    but it's the best I had after playing quite a few games..
    It hit the Replay level..

IMG_0587 (resized).JPGIMG_0587 (resized).JPG
    #56 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

The 12,320 game was still not enough to top Vic Camp’s top score.

Yeah, but your game probably tilts!

#57 2 years ago

I wouldn't consider myself a Replay collector, but it seems I've been
    playing Gusher a few times a day.
    I don't have any other scores to compare it to, so I'm not sure how
    well this is, but it beat my previous high of 5,870,000, and gave me
    3 Replays..

IMG_0596 (resized).JPGIMG_0596 (resized).JPG

#58 2 years ago

I'm not sure what would be considered as a superb game on Sea Wolf, and I haven't
    had it up and running for long, but this is my high to date.
    I also took a pic with most the room's lights out, and that's when I noticed its backglass
    is more colorful than I had realized..

IMG_0612 (resized).JPGIMG_0612 (resized).JPGIMG_0613 (resized).JPGIMG_0613 (resized).JPG
    #59 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah, but your game probably tilts!

ha ha, yes it does.

#60 2 years ago

To the Replay Big Boys, maybe nothing to get exited about, but
    for me, another High Score topped..

IMG_0627 (resized).JPGIMG_0627 (resized).JPG
    #61 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

To the Replay Big Boys, maybe nothing to get exited about, but
    for me, another High Score topped..
    [quoted image]

I approve.

#62 2 years ago

Haha! Did the machine's title have any influence?

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Sing Along: In Feb 2012 my score book reads 8,534 and 10 replays. Man....i had that wedgehead singing a tune.

WOW. Most impressive!

#64 2 years ago

Finally have my Big Brave scoring right and racked up some nice scores. Couple in the 130,000 range.

IMG_0750 (resized).jpgIMG_0750 (resized).jpgIMG_0753 (resized).jpgIMG_0753 (resized).jpg
    #65 2 years ago
    Quoted from Snaggerbob:

Finally have my Big Brave scoring right and racked up some nice scores. Couple in the 130,000 range.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve never played the machine but those look like great scores in comparison to other Pinsider high scores and would be the top 2 on Big Indian. Well done.

#66 2 years ago

Because this machine isn't that well known, this high score won't mean much to most,
    but the other day I topped 4,000 playing advance on Kick-a-Poo.
    It's a machine that when playing alone you can get into a rhythm, but last Winter while
    playing a 2 player game, I made 16 center pocket shots in a row and scored over 4,000,
    but didn't take a pic..

IMG_0634 (resized).JPGIMG_0634 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #67 2 years ago

I'm not sure what's known as a superb score on this machine, but for me 500 doesn't come often.
    Scoring 300, 500, and the horse selected before the race was over happened to win the race which
    totaled to 3 Replays won for this game played..
    Edit: Because the selected horse won the race in 3 balls, 2 Replays were rewarded..
    IMG_0651 (resized).JPGIMG_0651 (resized).JPG

#68 2 years ago

Put this score up a few days ago. Not my highest, but pretty close. It’s hard to put up a score on this wedge..

D5EFB78F-039C-4EAD-9480-5B307DD8FCFF (resized).jpegD5EFB78F-039C-4EAD-9480-5B307DD8FCFF (resized).jpeg
    #69 2 years ago

I'm pretty much 100% there's no other scores to compare this one with,
    but after quite a few games, this is the best I scored. 250 on the 1st ball
    set the path..

IMG_0663 (resized).JPGIMG_0663 (resized).JPG
    #70 2 years ago

Edit: Oops. Accidental send while on the phone..

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

I'm pretty much 100% there's no other scores to compare this one with,
    but after quite a few games, this is the best I scored. 250 on the 1st ball
    set the path..
    [quoted image]

Nice job. That’s got to be a pretty rare machine.

#72 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

That’s got to be a pretty rare machine.

Yea. After quite a bit of searching, the only other one I could find is on IPDB
    and it has a painted cabinet and black is it's basic playfield color. The basic
    playfield color on this one is blue, and fortunately its cabinet is 100% original.
    When rating, I'm thinking they got confused. The few ratings on the IPDB is
    either talking about the 1990 Williams Funhouse, or this one is missing its talking
    sound board. haha..
    After a while, I'll be giving this one its true rating, and it'll be a good one. It's
    a very enjoyable playing vintage multi-player..

IMG_0661 (resized).JPGIMG_0661 (resized).JPGIMG_0662 (resized).JPGIMG_0662 (resized).JPG
    #73 2 years ago

Last night while a Friend was over, not only did he leave me in the dust on this game,
    by him getting 350 points on the first ball, and 325 points on the last (5th) ball, he
    blew my previous hi score of 798 away. Twice he hit the trap doors at the right time..
    Of them all set up, he said this is his favorite. It actually is a very good player..

IMG_0665 (resized).JPGIMG_0665 (resized).JPG
    #74 2 years ago

Well, I only had this machine up and running for a short time, but last night during one
    game, that ball was cruising the playfield. I think 2.5 mil on the first ball.
    Another few thousand I would have topped it of..

IMG_0693 (resized).JPGIMG_0693 (resized).JPG
    #75 2 years ago

Last night after much work first outdoors and then inside, I thought I'd enjoy a couple games on
    Gusher and my last game (for me anyways) was a good one. This score topped the previous high
    of 6,350,000..

IMG_0698 (resized).JPGIMG_0698 (resized).JPG
    #76 2 years ago

Had a whale of a game tonight with my Majorettes a-marchin’ with gusto. I’ve never rolled a 60’s wedgehead and I thought tonight was gonna be the night! But dagnabbit…that’ll have to happen another day…

Still a nice lofty number to ink into the home record book!

1F6757EA-337E-41A4-A46A-BACC19F5463A (resized).jpeg1F6757EA-337E-41A4-A46A-BACC19F5463A (resized).jpegBC041A65-D7E5-4D71-928A-023D5AF2E39B (resized).jpegBC041A65-D7E5-4D71-928A-023D5AF2E39B (resized).jpeg
    #77 2 years ago

Had a whale of a game tonight with my Majorettes a-marchin’ with gusto. I’ve never rolled a 60’s wedgehead

I have to say, rolling over any 4 digit Gottlieb AAB doesn't happen often. I've done it on a Fun Park (which
    in my experience if there is an easiest one, Fun Park is it), and also did it on a Cowpoke which is no easy
    task..
    From the ones I've played (which is quite a few), I'd say Ice Show would be the toughest to roll over, but
    Majorettes I'm thinking could possibly be in the top 5 hardest to flip..

#78 2 years ago

First time I rolled Sky Jump, kept getting the special too! Look at that credit wheel!

IMG_1712 (resized).JPGIMG_1712 (resized).JPG
    #79 2 years ago

Earlier in the week on Balls-a-Poppin I managed to get over 1,900 on the 1st ball (that's
    a lot) and had in mind if I break 3,000, I'm taking a snap. Well not any of the next 4 balls
    were anywhere near as good, and ended up with 2,9??, but last night I did manage to crack
    that 3,000 point barrier..

IMG_0705 (resized).JPGIMG_0705 (resized).JPG
    #80 2 years ago

I once managed to get exactly 100,000 points on a "Card Trix"! Game over, and the score reels were at 00,000!

#81 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I once managed to get exactly 100,000 points on a "Card Trix"! Game over, and the score reels were at 00,000!

Are you sure you didn't have a few pops and at the end of the game accidently
    hit the reset button?

#82 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Are you sure you didn't have a few pops and at the end of the game accidently
    hit the reset button?

Nope. Had a witness as well. I was on my last ball, and was close to flipping the score. The ball drained, and we looked up at the backglass and then incredulously at each other! All zeroes!
    I did subsequently reset for the next game, and obviously the reels were already where they needed to be, so the game just counted up to five, and served the first ball.

#83 2 years ago

I'll give you another one. I was at a pinball gathering at a well known pinhead's house. He has an extensive collection of primarily add-a-ball wedgeheads. He's always on the prowl looking for games, and just happened to have two copies of "Pop A Card", set up side by side. My brother and a late friend of ours started a game on each one. When they finished, they ended up with identical scores!

#84 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Nope. Had a witness as well.

Haha, no witness needed. Only joking.
    Although the odds are highly unlikely, I believed
    you had 0s across the board..
    Now if the double Pop-a-Card scores ended with
    all zeros, maybe a witness, photo, and a hand on
    a bible may be needed..

3 weeks later
    #85 2 years ago

Well, earlier tonight a little luck must have been on my side. I had the Palooka set up years back,
    and just today it officially went back in a line up and during my last game, things aligned perfectly.
    Knocking down the set of 4 drop targets several times is what lead the way running out the numbers
    and flipping her for a score of 12,589. At one time during the game I think it was 8 balls I had it built
    up to..

IMG_0744 (resized).JPGIMG_0744 (resized).JPG
    #86 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

First time I rolled Sky Jump, kept getting the special too! Look at that credit wheel![quoted image]

Wow!!

1 week later
    #87 2 years ago

Nice to see the high scores rolling! Tonight the stars aligned and I hung a 13,929 on the old girl. I tilted twice but luckily had enough cushion to weather the -1 penalty both times. Love the flow of Majorettes.

4CF67728-5A62-48E7-A29D-227677674FC7 (resized).jpeg4CF67728-5A62-48E7-A29D-227677674FC7 (resized).jpeg
    #88 2 years ago

Tonight the stars aligned and I hung a 13,929 on the old girl.

That's pretty impressive. Majorettes isn't an easy one to get a high score on.
    I've never come close to flipping that one.
    I noticed you like the Wedge Heads AABs. That's what most of mine are.
    Your Majorettes looks like a nice one..

#89 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

That's pretty impressive. Majorettes isn't an easy one to get a high score on.
    I've never come close to flipping that one.
    I noticed you like the Wedge Heads AABs. That's what most of mine are.
    Your Majorettes looks like a nice one..

Thanks. Majorettes is very good at kicking my butt as well most of the time. I like setting my games up so that they are difficult so for example I’ve made it a steep enough that the ball very rarely kicks from the bottom kickout up into the top one that racks up the big points and AAB when the target is lit. I might tighten up the tilt a little so as to live closer to the edge. The guy I bought it from earlier this year did a fantastic restoration so it plays mighty snappy.

I do like the AABs (I lucked into a really nice Flipper as my first pin a couple years ago) and am currently going through a Big Top which I’m itching to play. Have really enjoyed reading your posts and seeing your seemingly endless string of amazing games getting set up!

As a bonus high score I played one game on Flipper Pool this morning before work and got over 6000 for the first time ever. Pin karma with successive high games, I’m sure I’ll be back to scoring in the low thousands by tonight!

7CFF38A7-0DCF-475A-82FB-B7D1D6B36CD3 (resized).jpeg7CFF38A7-0DCF-475A-82FB-B7D1D6B36CD3 (resized).jpeg
    #90 2 years ago

Not an EM but I have managed to roll my Firepower a few times, I think the highest was about 1,400,000. The bad deal about that is, you get three replays for beating the previous high score. Only, the game doesn't recognize it once it rolls over unless you manage to roll it higher than the previous high on the second time around. The current high score on the game is about 850,000. So that sucks, LOL.

#91 2 years ago

Just finished up my Skill Pool yearly maintenance and finally touched up the back glass after being in my collection 20+ years. Not my best high score but a decent one. Got to love them reverse wedge heads.

FF870C79-22AC-424A-8FA1-E11C8978B578 (resized).jpegFF870C79-22AC-424A-8FA1-E11C8978B578 (resized).jpeg
    #92 2 years ago

Played all 3 of my pins briefly yesterday. Came so close to beating my high score on royal guard. Something about this wedgehead..I find it fun, a challenge, and just love the chimes..you em guys can relate

154A8D01-03E7-4B34-8495-39EAC9B683C3 (resized).jpeg154A8D01-03E7-4B34-8495-39EAC9B683C3 (resized).jpeg
    #93 2 years ago

I do like the AABs (I lucked into a really nice Flipper as my first pin a couple years ago) and am currently going through a Big Top which I’m itching to play. Have really enjoyed reading your posts and seeing your seemingly endless string of amazing games getting set up!

Thanks! I went through a string of woodrails, and now back on metal, but I'm going back to the wood, but shuffles.
    I'm just finishing a Chicago Coin 1951 Shuffle (only because it was in a local restaurant when new, then sat in the same
    Family's basement in the same spot for 59 years when I picked it up a couple weeks ago). It's in nice shape..
    Next I believe will be a United Venus Target Shuffle, then I'm thinking about going through the Gottieb Bowlette..
    I have Flipper, but haven't gone through it yet. I also have a Big Top which I'm looking forward to go through.
    I like those true 2 Player AAB Gottliebs..
    I think on Flipper Pool, I have topped 8,000, but that's another that's tough to flip as is all the other 4 digit AAB Wedge Heads..

#94 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Just finished up my Skill Pool yearly maintenance and finally touched up the back glass after being in my collection 20+ years. Not my best high score but a decent one. Got to love them reverse wedge heads.

I never had a chance to get in, or had an opportunity to play Skill Pool, but I do have a couple Replay Reverse Wedge
    Heads. 4 Roses and Trade Winds. I haven't heard to much about 4 Roses, but looking forward to go through the Trade
    Winds. A few years ago, I was encouraged by others to do the trade deal for the Trade Winds..

#95 2 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

Came so close to beating my high score on royal guard. Something about this wedgehead..I find it fun

Not Royal Guard, and not presently set up, but years back I went through Palace Guard, and yes. Another thumbs up Wedge Head..
    I now have additional space, and eventually she will be set up again..

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

Played all 3 of my pins briefly yesterday. Came so close to beating my high score on royal guard. Something about this wedgehead..I find it fun, a challenge, and just love the chimes..you em guys can relate [quoted image]

Still love my Royal Guard too, especially getting the specials!! Your glass is in same shape as mine, wish Ron webb or Shay would run this.

1 week later
    #97 2 years ago

Although I just recently went through Friendship, years back I had it set up, and I'm
    pretty sure the score I totaled up yesterday is my all time high. Most times playing, I
    don't even hit the free ball score which is set at 3,000, so for me, this one was worth
    snapping a pic..

IMG_0768 (resized).JPGIMG_0768 (resized).JPG
    #98 2 years ago

Nice!! But how many extra balls?

3 weeks later
    #99 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Nice!! But how many extra balls?

wth. I just noticed this question.
    Not sure if you're familiar with Friendship's rule set, but when the reel and lit
    letter are the same, the red insert will light indicating hitting the reel's center
    target awards a free ball. I did earn quite a few free balls that game. I remember
    on one ball, I hit that center target (while red lit) 4 times awarding 4 free balls.
    A little luck was surely involved. It's not like Subway/Crosstown where free
    balls can be rewarded by hitting the center target non-stop multiple times. On
    Friendship, each time that target is hit, the reel steps up to the next letter..

2 weeks later
    #100 2 years ago

Earlier this afternoon I gave a neighbor a quick hand, and then after we played
    a couple games of Bristol Hills. He took me the first game, but the 2nd game
    things fell into place and I did a 360 plus with the score reels finishing the game
    with a score of 11,278
    When I first looked at the playfield's layout (years ago) I thought maybe with
    the spinners, game play might be okay, but after going through it a little while
    back, I consider it a very good player. Certainly one that will remain in the game
    room..
    btw: The high score adjustment is set on 3,200 and 6,500

IMG_0790 (resized).JPGIMG_0790 (resized).JPG
    There are 242 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-em-high-scores/page/2?hl=mopar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.