(Topic ID: 234493)

Deeproot Quinn Johnson interview

By Jerryuop

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hey, Pinsiders! I am not trying to troll, just wanted to let anyone know, who is interested, that Kaneda has put his interview with Quinn Johnson of Deeproot online. I for one, am interested to see what he has to say.

#2 5 years ago

Thanks for posting, it's an interesting conversation at least in trying to guess what Deeproot is working on. Quinn does say the world "physical" a bunch of times, and also talk about the trick of looking at the playfield and looking up to the screens.

So I think that they are working on a physical playfield and one or more lcd screens with animations, quite standard as a base architecture. But having a dedicated story teller in a pinball design team does sound a bit overkill, but who knows it is how the video game industry brought a small hobby to a much bigger level so it might not hurt the pinball industry.

Link here btw : https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/episode-303-deeproots-quinn-johnson

#3 5 years ago

Can this guy Kaneda talk any slower! He'll put you in a coma!

#4 5 years ago

I really liked this podcast. I like the cut of this Quinn's fellas jib. Thanks to Deeproot for granting the interview and only adding more fog to the 'what is Deeproot working on' questions... I'm so interested in what's going on at Deeproot and Quinn's answers only confused me further.

It seemed like a minefield answering some of Kaneda's questions so hats off to Quinn on his skillful ballroom dancing answers. All in all, a great interview and discussion.

Kaneda is a 'tell it like it is' kinda guy which I find refreshing. You don't have to agree with everything he says but it is nice to hear a differing opinion.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-deeproot-quinn-johnson-interview?hl=jerryuop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.