(Topic ID: 130288)

----- Creed of the low end pin man --------------

By dasvis

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7875 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7874 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7873 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7872 (resized).jpeg
    8C442D3F-2ED5-4EFA-9919-65BFEDA982A2 (resized).jpeg
    BFED4407-D7D4-4838-8908-11A1E1CDE797 (resized).jpeg
    95890068-033C-4365-AB85-892B072D980A (resized).jpeg
    AC5FBCD9-EA73-4E8A-9FE5-D986392666F5 (resized).jpeg
    BF876931-6119-4FCF-B7D9-3F23AE987823 (resized).jpeg
    843612B4-4E27-470F-AF25-E99CF374AF9A (resized).jpeg
    7470F4EC-095F-42CD-8E27-50B1ABF6A557 (resized).jpeg
    B580B435-16AE-4C85-A395-E8C0E741A7EB (resized).jpeg
    6AF75C9E-9662-4E74-A09F-0EDDD3105283 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1130 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1129 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gotemwill.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#283 3 years ago
    Quoted from Peruman:

The Domino I just finished was my first LEP find, $85. I thought it was going to be a parts machine but after getting it running I decided to bring it back. [quoted image][quoted image]

Wow I love seeing these posts! Once they’re gone, they’re gone forever. Now this game will go back into circulation in better shape than found. Nice job!

5 months later
    #335 3 years ago
    Quoted from BeachPickle:

Pulled a Bally bow and arrow out of an unheated junk shop in Vermont for $400. It was buried and surrounded on all sides by junk. Took me an hour just to get everything cleared away enough to disassemble the game.
    It needed a ton of help, but is cleaning up nicely. I’m currently touching up the playfield and rebuilding the pops. Will install a playfield protector to take care of the cupped inserts/ unsealed paint. I Already rebuilt the flippers and serviced every stepper.
    The only real problem I’m having with it is the stupid sealed motors Bally used. The flash motor was seized up, so I soaked it in alcohol, which freed it a bit, but not enough. So I tried this stuff called liquid bearings, which is supposedly a solvent that breaks down old grease, while also lubricating with a modern synthetic. It freed it up so it’s not struggling , but now it sounds like it has grit or broken teeth in the works. Very likely I’ll just disable the motor and set it permanently on the 3000 pt & open gate for hitting the target/ kick out.. which is unfortunate, but a LEP is rarely perfect.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Don’t give up on it until you try some Kano Labs AeroKroil. Everyone should have a can of this stuff sitting on the shelf.

“The oil that creeps!”

https://www.kroil.com/

2 months later
    #365 2 years ago

Holy cow, you win!

3 months later
    #388 2 years ago
    Quoted from Peruman:

Lugged it out of a garage attic this past summer for $200. Working through some scoring issues but it’s getting there. [quoted image]

you win!

3 weeks later
    #405 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

How many of my fellow LEP-ers will jump in the truck when they get off work drive 3 hours one way and back home for a good deal and be up at 6 am for work? I’m guessing most all of us.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yep! I might even get up at 4 am to start working on it.

1 year later
    #520 7 months ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:The thing that sucks is we all know there’s some dude with a box of 250 of these things out in a garage somewhere just being hoarded and will get thrown away by the grand kids as soon as they pass away.
    I respect the parts hoarders for holding on to stuff for the games but at the same time, come on dudes let this stuff go for a good cause. To quote LyonsRonnie1 from Joes Classic Video games “Stop parting them out people we need to part them IN!”

Yep.

At what point do you realize you are just supposed to be a caretaker - not an owner- of this stuff? Answer: too late for most people.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gotemwill.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-creed-of-the-low-end-pin-man-?tu=gotemwill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.