3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 150 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by oilspot
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 44 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

26aa5bd07fa15db3e6925a5f52bdcddbc5676ad2 (resized).jpg
    received_1447433198716080 (resized).jpeg
    received_1447373495388717 (resized).jpeg
    20180326_174832 (resized).jpg
    68B73171-0AE4-4C9F-A08E-EA94044E624C (resized).jpeg
    1870F4D1-F3BA-48BF-8AC5-7FC7764F4406 (resized).jpeg
    F7311519-CBEE-4740-9E00-3E8E51878190 (resized).jpeg
    F8470687-0F01-4B37-9618-ADBA7DD3CF9F (resized).jpeg
    DA80808A-BA8E-4C62-8745-A09AB8808C45 (resized).jpeg
    E60D68E7-92D6-46A5-8470-2645E5F0909B (resized).jpeg
    95535A37-C6EB-4C33-A64F-D789114598DE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20180128_145425 (resized).jpg
    image-4 (resized).jpg
    Strat (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180117_191025 (resized).jpg
    20180115_131352 (resized).jpg

There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 6 months ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

Glad this post brought back - while not in the class of the greats who get games for free to $75.00. Hope my $250 painted blue - non working Spot Bowler, $300 Fun Fest, $200 Triple Action, and $400 Time Zone at least get me in the LEP club. Don't have the skills or time to do full restorations, but enjoy getting a machine that isn't working well and is looking tired and worn into playable and reasonably good looking condition.

It's great to see another Sacramento area Pinhead.

#102 6 months ago

I've always been a low end man when there is a deal to be had, however most games that are priced low usually get snatched up before I have a chance.

But I've still got my $100 Pinky!

164f0b4c968b41d712a8f78caa9ea10336ce8b0c (resized).jpg

#103 6 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I've always been a low end man when there is a deal to be had, however most games that are priced low usually get snatched up before I have a chance.

It's an honor to have you in the club O-din.

#104 6 months ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

It's an honor to have you in the club O-din.

Thanks! I grew up digging beer cans out of trash cans and delivering newspapers to deadbeats that didn't want to pay, so I know what being a low end man is all about.

#105 6 months ago
    Quoted from willbeEM:

Itch scratched, 1955 Marathon, no working lights, shy a few parts, lots of potential and used the wife's KIA Soul as the pinhauler
    definitely LEP man

How about 2 EMs in a Honda Fit? The heads slid right in on top. Living the LEP dream (though these were on the way out to pass along the low end love to a new home)

20180115_131352 (resized).jpg

#106 6 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Thanks! I grew up digging beer cans out of trash cans and delivering newspapers to deadbeats that didn't want to pay, so I know what being a low end man is all about.

Digging beer cans out of the trash, wow that brings back memories...thanks for that reference.

#107 6 months ago
    Quoted from Al:

Digging beer cans out of the trash, wow that brings back memories...thanks for that reference.

There is a lot of competition in that industry now, it seems.

#108 6 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Hey, they are .10 in Oregon now..... 16 cans is a shiny new pinball..

#109 6 months ago

They were half a penny each when I made my living that way. Of course living with my folks there was no rent to be paid.

#110 6 months ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

It's great to see another Sacramento area Pinhead.

Thanks, yep got addicted fast and hard. But still have a lot to learn. Are you in CCPL or do you go to the shows like the now moving Pin a Go Go?

#111 6 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

O-din think you are a leader of the club. And have appreciated your helpful responses to some of my rookie posts in the past. Also like the dart board on the wall behind your games. Start new dart league season tonight.

#112 6 months ago

Thanks!

Like when my three year older brother got a new Schwinn ten speed for his 12th birthday, and I was drooling over the Krates all lined up and my mom said "you can have a new bike when you turn twelve too."

Yeah, I got my brother's beat up ten speed.

Low end man strikes again!

#113 6 months ago

Krates were pretty expensive.
    We had a Schwinn dealership, and even I didn't get one!

See what they are going for today.

#115 6 months ago

Low Ends rule

#116 6 months ago

Is there no glory for the HEPs?

#117 6 months ago
    Quoted from PinballFever:

Is there no glory for the HEPs?

Yes. They can be placed closer to the window in the room to shade our low end machines to keep the original paint from fading anymore than it already has.

#118 6 months ago

A repro fork and an old Stingray.
    Low end Krate for low end pinball man!

IMG_20180117_191025 (resized).jpg

#119 6 months ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

A repro fork and an old Stingray.
    Low end Krate for low end pinball man!

Whoa you got the shifter upgrade from the pedal duomatic ... nicely done! I believe I delivered a few newspapers on a ride like that to feed my pinball habit back in the day

#120 6 months ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

Thanks, yep got addicted fast and hard. But still have a lot to learn. Are you in CCPL or do you go to the shows like the now moving Pin a Go Go?

Yup, I'm in ccpl. I play in Lodi because they play on Thursday. I can't play in Folsom due to it being Tuesday and my boys have Scouts that night. I always attend pin a go go/ Golden State pinball Festival and for the last 4 years have volunteered at the shows.

#121 6 months ago

How low can a LEP man go? I have this Grand Prix for sale. It's mechanically complete and trys to start a game. That's the good news. The play field paint is bubbled and lifting and the back glass is poor. Still it could be resurrected or re-themed. Would consider parting it out as well.

janesville.craigslist.org link

#122 6 months ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

How low can a LEP man go. I have this Grand Prix for sale. It's mechanically complete and trys to start a game. That's the good news. The play field paint is bubbled and lifting and the back glass is poor. Still it could be resurrected or re-themed. Would consider parting it out as well.

A true LEP man would be all over that!

#123 6 months ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

How low can a LEP man go. I have this Grand Prix for sale. It's mechanically complete and trys to start a game. That's the good news. The play field paint is bubbled and lifting and the back glass is poor. Still it could be resurrected or re-themed. Would consider parting it out as well.

If you were closer it would be in my garage already, next to my $150 Bally Amigo.

#124 6 months ago

A true LEP man would be all over that!

I can't believe that Alex is the only LEP man in WI

#125 6 months ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

How low can a LEP man go? I have this Grand Prix for sale. It's mechanically complete and trys to start a game. That's the good news. The play field paint is bubbled and lifting and the back glass is poor. Still it could be resurrected or re-themed. Would consider parting it out as well.

As you said, it really doesn't look all that bad in the photos.

#126 6 months ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

I can't believe that Alex is the only LEP man in WI

I was sitting in the living room when I read this and chuckled out loud. My wife asked me what I was laughing at. Just for fun I told her my girlfriend said something funny. But then of course I had to explain the whole LEP thing. She seemed to get it. I'm sure I'm not the last of the Wisconsin LEP members. I've sold a few machines that could qualify over the years. We're a pretty frugal and resourceful bunch generally.

#127 6 months ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Lots of parts in a Grand Prix! Actually it looks in better shape than mine does...whoops did. I'd say it's a LEP man dream machine. Make it work and give it to the local youth drop in center.

#128 6 months ago

Guitar guys are paying big bucks for brand new guitars that are pre-stressed.
    These are new guitars that are made to look like they have been drug behind a truck.

Why doesn't this concept work for the LEP man?

Just imagine what your collection could be worth!

E

This is a brand new guitar.
    Strat (resized).jpg

#129 6 months ago
    Quoted from willbeEM:

Lots of parts in a Grand Prix! Actually it looks in better shape than mine does...whoops did. I'd say it's a LEP man dream machine. Make it work and give it to the local youth drop in center.

Yeah, there are three of those hard to find mini-steppers in this thing. Tons of relays, steppers etc. But it's always nice if a machine can remain intact. I have a couple nibbles on this now and am hoping it will be gone by the weekend.

#130 6 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I was only digging around for them to add some new ones to my beer can collection. Do people still collect beer cans?

#131 6 months ago

These are new guitars that are made to look like they have been drug behind a truck.

I was pretty tempted to drag Metallica behind my truck when I owned it.

#132 6 months ago

E

I have built a few "Relics", came out nice. Relic pinball machines will be the next craze, and I am the Founder. Thanks!

#133 6 months ago

I suppose Chicago coin owners are LEP men by default.

#134 6 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I was pretty tempted to drag Metallica behind my truck when I owned it.

You knew I would see this haha. But the j remembered you don't on dinasaur rock themed games!

#135 5 months ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

you don't on dinasaur rock themed games!

Depends on if can get one cheap enough.

image-4 (resized).jpg

#136 5 months ago

E

"Pre-stressed", huh? I like it. I was getting a little tired of "patina" anyway. Sounds like something you put tomato sauce on.

#137 5 months ago

Yes, but if they were worth more, would you be a LEP man? It's a mixed blessing

#138 5 months ago

Low end pin stories:

I got my F14 Tomcat for 800 dollars, broke down real good. Put some money and time into it and got it working all fancy-like.

I got my Klondike at an auction for 120 dollars not working. It's in pretty good shape, and a few hours cleaning it up and switch adjusting got it working.

I got my World Series at auction for 150 dollars not working. It had a locked on coil that would blow a fuse as soon as the start button was pressed. I cut that coil (pop bumper) off, and the game fired right up and played. Replaced the coil and it's working fine since.

I got my Gay 90's from a friend for 150 dollars. I can't remember what was wrong with it, but I had it fully working in an hour or two.

Today, I'm going to pick up a Bally Knock Out from a friend for 150 dollars. I think it's working, but I'll find out more over the weekend.

#139 5 months ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Yes, but if they were worth more, would you be a LEP man? It's a mixed blessing

I didn't realize it would be this complicated.

#140 5 months ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

I got my Klondike at an auction for 120 dollars not working. It's in pretty good shape, and a few hours cleaning it up and switch adjusting got it working.

Klondike is now a $140 game folks!

#141 5 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Klondike is now a $140 game folks!

I will give you $150

#142 5 months ago

So......I had my truck all ripped apart in the driveway. My wife comes and tells me that we need to drive into New Jersey because she just bought a pinball machine on Facebook.

We ended up with a nice Magnotron for $100.00. Way to go Barb !

IMG_20180128_145425 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #143 5 months ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Cool.
    Make that Jubilee into a "rat rod" pin project. Rusty bent legs, taped backglass, beat up coin door, etc. - but make it all work & play as it should. Then take it to a show.........

That’s what I did with a dealers choice i picked up for free - game was complete but needed a complete shop out. Just completed it and its heading to the Allentown show in May.

#144 5 months ago
    Quoted from Dono:

That’s what I did with a dealers choice i picked up for free - game was complete but needed a complete shop out. Just completed it and its heading to the Allentown show in May.

Hah! We have something in common then. I once picked up a free "Dealer's Choice" as well. I did seriously bust my ass though taking it out of a second floor midtown Manhattan walk-up on a blistering hot summer day. Had to be at least ten years ago already. It had a super nice cabinet. Sold it to a local guy who still has it in his collection.

1 week later
    #145 5 months ago

$100 Hokus Pokus Free mouse nests, and schmatic and manual in the pinball s... folder.

95535A37-C6EB-4C33-A64F-D789114598DE (resized).jpeg
    E60D68E7-92D6-46A5-8470-2645E5F0909B (resized).jpeg
    DA80808A-BA8E-4C62-8745-A09AB8808C45 (resized).jpeg
    F8470687-0F01-4B37-9618-ADBA7DD3CF9F (resized).jpeg
    F7311519-CBEE-4740-9E00-3E8E51878190 (resized).jpeg
    1870F4D1-F3BA-48BF-8AC5-7FC7764F4406 (resized).jpeg

#146 5 months ago

Very nice. Bonus points for mouse nest

The top arch on that era of Bally is so classy.

#147 5 months ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

$100 Hokus Pokus Free mouse nests, and schmatic and manual in the pinball s... folder.

In my experience with rodent invasions, that looks like a relatively recent settlement. Should clean up fairly neatly.

#148 5 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

In my experience with rodent invasions, that looks like a relatively recent settlement. Should clean up fairly neatly.

Both the playfield nest and in cabinet nests cleaned up well. Unfortunately the in cabinet nest was made up of most of the in cabinet labels chewed into confetti.

68B73171-0AE4-4C9F-A08E-EA94044E624C (resized).jpeg

1 month later
    #149 3 months ago

Proud LEPer here! My first pins (sold a couple years after I got em) were a Klondike and a Hayburners II, bought at auction for $5 and $10 respectively. Was swillng beer and playing pinball with my pals a half hour after getting them home. Then a friend of a friend hooked me up with "Supersonic" free for hauling it out of their basement because it didn't work. 20 minutes of cleaning board connectors and I entered the solid state era. This was all nearly 20 years ago now.
    Recently I got to thinking how much I enjoyed those old pins. Searching locally has turned up a couple finds, though not as good as my $15 arcade from years ago .. A couple weeks ago I scored a GamePlan Sharpshooter in rough shape for $100. Not sure I'll ever get it going due to scarcity of parts and techs willing to do board work on it. So last week a $150 Firepower followed it. Immediate buyers remorse for paying so much for a game that looks like it spent years outside! But closer inspection revealed a decent PF under all the grime and fungus, along with boards that looked okay and almost worked! (The sound / speech does work! So I'm starting to rebuild it. Boards sent out, load of new parts on order, and building new head box top and back.

20180326_174832 (resized).jpg

received_1447373495388717 (resized).jpeg

received_1447433198716080 (resized).jpeg

#150 3 months ago

FP backbox

26aa5bd07fa15db3e6925a5f52bdcddbc5676ad2 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 45.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ...redshiftLED
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 1,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    £ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 160.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 18.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 209.99
    $ 104.00
    $ 19.95
    $ 11.99
    $ 219.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Mods
    $ 1,000.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside