By dasvis

2 years ago

Stats

• 125 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by jrpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20180117_191025 (resized).jpg
    20180115_131352 (resized).jpg
    164f0b4c968b41d712a8f78caa9ea10336ce8b0c (resized).jpg
    20180111_113203[1] (resized).jpg
    20180111_134246[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1479 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1252 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1462 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1425 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1241 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2815 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2816 (resized).jpg
    20180104_202408 (resized).jpg
    20180104_202753 (resized).jpg
    2017-09-17 10.40.22 (resized).jpg
    Spot Bowler partial restore 1 (resized).jpg

There are 125 posts in topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 8 days ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

Glad this post brought back - while not in the class of the greats who get games for free to $75.00. Hope my $250 painted blue - non working Spot Bowler, $300 Fun Fest, $200 Triple Action, and $400 Time Zone at least get me in the LEP club. Don't have the skills or time to do full restorations, but enjoy getting a machine that isn't working well and is looking tired and worn into playable and reasonably good looking condition.

It's great to see another Sacramento area Pinhead.

#102 8 days ago

I've always been a low end man when there is a deal to be had, however most games that are priced low usually get snatched up before I have a chance.

But I've still got my $100 Pinky!

164f0b4c968b41d712a8f78caa9ea10336ce8b0c (resized).jpg

#103 8 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I've always been a low end man when there is a deal to be had, however most games that are priced low usually get snatched up before I have a chance.

It's an honor to have you in the club O-din.

#104 8 days ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

It's an honor to have you in the club O-din.

Thanks! I grew up digging beer cans out of trash cans and delivering newspapers to deadbeats that didn't want to pay, so I know what being a low end man is all about.

#105 4 days ago
    Quoted from willbeEM:

Itch scratched, 1955 Marathon, no working lights, shy a few parts, lots of potential and used the wife's KIA Soul as the pinhauler
    definitely LEP man

How about 2 EMs in a Honda Fit? The heads slid right in on top. Living the LEP dream (though these were on the way out to pass along the low end love to a new home)

20180115_131352 (resized).jpg

#106 4 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Thanks! I grew up digging beer cans out of trash cans and delivering newspapers to deadbeats that didn't want to pay, so I know what being a low end man is all about.

Digging beer cans out of the trash, wow that brings back memories...thanks for that reference.

#107 4 days ago
    Quoted from Al:

Digging beer cans out of the trash, wow that brings back memories...thanks for that reference.

There is a lot of competition in that industry now, it seems.

#108 4 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

There is a lot of competition in that industry now, it seems.

Hey, they are .10 in Oregon now..... 16 cans is a shiny new pinball..

#109 4 days ago

They were half a penny each when I made my living that way. Of course living with my folks there was no rent to be paid.

#110 4 days ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

It's great to see another Sacramento area Pinhead.

Thanks, yep got addicted fast and hard. But still have a lot to learn. Are you in CCPL or do you go to the shows like the now moving Pin a Go Go?

#111 4 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

O-din think you are a leader of the club. And have appreciated your helpful responses to some of my rookie posts in the past. Also like the dart board on the wall behind your games. Start new dart league season tonight.

#112 4 days ago

Thanks!

Like when my three year older brother got a new Schwinn ten speed for his 12th birthday, and I was drooling over the Krates all lined up and my mom said "you can have a new bike when you turn twelve too."

Yeah, I got my brother's beat up ten speed.

Low end man strikes again!

#113 4 days ago

Krates were pretty expensive.
    We had a Schwinn dealership, and even I didn't get one!

See what they are going for today.

#115 4 days ago

Low Ends rule

#116 4 days ago

Is there no glory for the HEPs?

#117 4 days ago
    Quoted from PinballFever:

Is there no glory for the HEPs?

Yes. They can be placed closer to the window in the room to shade our low end machines to keep the original paint from fading anymore than it already has.

#118 4 days ago

A repro fork and an old Stingray.
    Low end Krate for low end pinball man!

IMG_20180117_191025 (resized).jpg

#119 4 days ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

A repro fork and an old Stingray.
    Low end Krate for low end pinball man!

Whoa you got the shifter upgrade from the pedal duomatic ... nicely done! I believe I delivered a few newspapers on a ride like that to feed my pinball habit back in the day

#120 13 hours ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

Thanks, yep got addicted fast and hard. But still have a lot to learn. Are you in CCPL or do you go to the shows like the now moving Pin a Go Go?

Yup, I'm in ccpl. I play in Lodi because they play on Thursday. I can't play in Folsom due to it being Tuesday and my boys have Scouts that night. I always attend pin a go go/ Golden State pinball Festival and for the last 4 years have volunteered at the shows.

#121 12 hours ago

How low can a LEP man go? I have this Grand Prix for sale. It's mechanically complete and trys to start a game. That's the good news. The play field paint is bubbled and lifting and the back glass is poor. Still it could be resurrected or re-themed. Would consider parting it out as well.

janesville.craigslist.org link

#122 12 hours ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

How low can a LEP man go. I have this Grand Prix for sale. It's mechanically complete and trys to start a game. That's the good news. The play field paint is bubbled and lifting and the back glass is poor. Still it could be resurrected or re-themed. Would consider parting it out as well.

A true LEP man would be all over that!

#123 11 hours ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

How low can a LEP man go. I have this Grand Prix for sale. It's mechanically complete and trys to start a game. That's the good news. The play field paint is bubbled and lifting and the back glass is poor. Still it could be resurrected or re-themed. Would consider parting it out as well.

If you were closer it would be in my garage already, next to my $150 Bally Amigo.

#124 11 hours ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

A true LEP man would be all over that!

I can't believe that Alex is the only LEP man in WI

#125 7 hours ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

How low can a LEP man go? I have this Grand Prix for sale. It's mechanically complete and trys to start a game. That's the good news. The play field paint is bubbled and lifting and the back glass is poor. Still it could be resurrected or re-themed. Would consider parting it out as well.

As you said, it really doesn't look all that bad in the photos.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 202.00
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 4.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 129.99
    $ 49.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 16.00
    Tools
    PinballSolutions.eu
    $ 5,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Mafia
    € 3.95
    $ 989.00
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Double Danger Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 46.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 98.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 129.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 76.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Tim's Pinball Mods
    £ 31.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    There are 125 posts in topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside