screen-capture-18 (resized).png
IMG-2264 (resized).jpg
IMG-2257 (resized).jpg
IMG-2256 (resized).jpg
20200115_195928 (resized).jpg
20200115_194325 (resized).jpg
20200115_200057 (resized).jpg
20200115_195928 (resized).jpg
CFTBL Snackbar Mod v4.0 - Manual rev1.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_2267 (resized).JPG
IMG_2266 (resized).JPG
IMG_2237 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Latest news - I have been quietly developing and now have completed the proto Snackbar Mod v4, which turned out nicely with the new magnetic lockdown feature and also with improved top lighting. Edit - All 12 spots being made have already been allocated (as of 14-11-19 8.20am Aus Time) and not sure when a second batch will be started - see how the guys like v4 first.

The lighting, decal and outer look is 98% the same, EXCEPT there is now no lock in screw on the front anymore and the other photo shows the lighting feature "on" now lighting up the top nicely. The mod is held down with magnets and makes for an easy process to remove to service / clean etc. Big thanks to j_m_ (for being my best customer as he has already bought every version of Snackbar - big Thank You) for the comment a while back as it spurred me on to develop this new concept. Yes I could of just done a batch of v3's but I can't help improving designs but this v4 is now the final version (not doing a v5) and will be ordering all the tops & lighting over the next 24hrs. All the light blades, signage, decals, and plates have already arrived are already in stock.

I also now finally have my website up and running which has a heap of creature parts / mods as well as many other things and will be posting the new manual there soon in the RESOURCE section.

https://swinks.com.au/

Mod Prices

Option 1
Snackbar Mod v4a - $340AUD + Postage
- has Pinball Haus 9 led strip in the snackbar top for the neon - dark blue
- has Comet Pinball led strip in the sign - purple
IMG_2189 (resized).JPGIMG_2189 (resized).JPG

Option 2
Snackbar Mod v4a - $340AUD + Postage
- has Pinball Haus 9 led strip in the snackbar top for the neon - purple
- has Comet Pinball led strip in the sign - ice blue
IMG_2191 (resized).JPGIMG_2191 (resized).JPG

Option 3
Snackbar Mod v4b - $350AUD + Postage
- has Comet Pinball led strip in behind the neon tubes - ice blue
IMG_2194 (resized).JPGIMG_2194 (resized).JPG

Option 4
Snackbar Mod v4c - $390AUD + Postage + you need to source your own Powertap (approx $17.50 USD + postage)
http://www.kimballspinballs.com/dk-pinball/
- has the 5vdc power lead from the mod to the backbox, mini controller and 9 led RGB strip with a mode already stored in the unit ready for plug and play.
it is hard to capture the cool effect of this version so check out the video

I am not taking any more people at this point, sorry.
"The lists are closed at this point of time"

The older versions threads are linked here just so new people know this isn't a new thing rather a refined design.

Snackbar Mod Version 1
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-cftbl-retro-building-neon-mod

Snackbar Mod Version 2
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-creature-snackbar-mod-v20

Snackbar Mod Version 3
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-snackbar-mod-v3-2018

#2 4 years ago

Also for anyone that buys a Snackbar v4 and posts / sends me the best photo of the mod installed that the makes the mod look awesome in which I can use on my website will get a free short sleeve t-shirt posted to them in the design, colour and size of there choice from my website. Shirt design can be found under the Surfing and Pinball drop downs on the website.

Why, because I am struggling to get a decent photo and want to have at the front and centre of the website - similar to the one currently there from a previous design, which is a awesome photo (- which I need to track that pinsider down and offer them a shirt as well).

#4 4 years ago

thanks Mike, much appreciated and much sharper than my photos.

At this stage I am offering the comp to the future v4 owners once they get them, but I think might run another Christmas type comp very soon - so keep an eye out and enter on that thread for the fun of it - and I can share some Christmas Spirit.

#7 4 years ago

Made a minor change to the tops for wires to pass through as an option for the top lighting and ordered the 12 tops and I should get them by the end of November all going well and then will get into painting.

2 weeks later
#8 4 years ago

I am experimenting with a new lighting effect for the snackbar neon section. All going well people with v2, v3 and v4 can upgrade to what I am calling the TOLT Lighting Kit into your game though still have to test in a mod but the concept works and this truely allows everyone to customise their snackbar.

#11 4 years ago

Good News and Bad News

Good News - I have taken photos with the different lighting and had to dummy fit the RGB lighting and man it looks nice.

Bad News - The RGB will not power off the GI as the GI is AC and I need DC. Any one know of a easy accessible 5-6 vdc under the playfield ? that is always on to tap into as trying to avoid going into the backbox as want a easy plug and play.

#12 4 years ago

Well after hunting through my spares I found a new power tap to get 5vdc for the RGB lighting from Kimball's Pinball (DK Custom Pinball brand)

http://www.kimballspinballs.com/dk-pinball/

and got a chance to add the RGB lighting effect to the Neon in the Snackbar Mod v4 which as a concept looks awesome. The downside is I wanted to keep it simpler with just connecting to playfield lighting socket but no such luck as all GI and lights that stay on for a while are 5vac and all flashing lights are 6.3vdc unless I missed something.

For the v4 mod I will have to work out a price for this lighting option and there is no reason why the guys with a Snackbar v2 & v3 could add this to their game as well - I will create a small manual soon.

#13 4 years ago

I have updated the 1st post with prices & pictures and updated the list, and the list is now officially closed at this stage and anyone in the reserve list will be bumped up to the wait list if people bail.

I have messaged all the wait list people to decide on their option (by the end of this weekend) and ask for their commitment.

I am hoping to have this batch painted and ready to send out before Christmas all going well but sadly you will not get them before Christmas - sorry.

Painting will take a little bit of time as I start a new job next week and we have been experiencing extreme fires, smoke and floating ash for 3 weeks now and I want to make sure the mods are good for you all.

#14 4 years ago

Good news - the tops have arrived and one person dropped off the list and a reserve moved up into the now able to get a mod with one reserve still hoping.

This weekend I hope to tap holes and paint the units 2 coats of undercoat (both top and bottom).

From there after work this week I hope to paint some colour on to these but weather dependent as we have so much floating ash at the moment from all the bush fires and I am starting a new job so just have work with them this week - bare with me.

12 units have arrived and 13th will be coming in a few weeks as I ordered it late due to finding one more plate.

IMG_2237 (resized).JPGIMG_2237 (resized).JPG
#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

This is one of the best mods ever. If we still had our Creature this would most certainly be on it.
I hope that if CGC ever remakes this game they contact you and make this standard issue.

thanks for the kind comments

I would be open to making it happen.

1 week later
#17 4 years ago

Snackbar Mod Weekly Update:

this is for 12 units, parts for 13th are still coming from overseas.

Following work completed on just the tops
1. holes tapped
2. 2 x coats undercoat top and bottom
3. 1 x coat of blue on the underside
4. 12 x signs assembled

Work to do on just the tops
4. 2-3 coats of blue on the top side (all going well over the next week)
5. 5 day curing time
6. snackbar top decal assembly
7. lighting assembly

IMG_2266 (resized).JPGIMG_2266 (resized).JPG
IMG_2267 (resized).JPGIMG_2267 (resized).JPG

As for parts for the whole project in stock:
SS Plates - in stock
Hardware (bolts and allen keys) - in stock
Decals - in stock
Packaging (boexes and clip lock bags - in stock
Magnets - 1/2 in stock
Lighting strips - Pinball Haus & Comet - in stock
Plugs, wiring, pins for RGB power leads - in stock
Paint - in stock (and should have enough)

As for parts for project waiting on:
Magnets - 1/2 waiting to arrive
Lighting strips - RGB - waiting to arrive
RGB Mini Controller - waiting to arrive
Molex Crimper tool - waiting to arrive

#18 4 years ago

FUN FACT

Paint, boxes, clip lock bags aside, there are alot of parts to stock to build one mod, and time to locate and purchase these:

Option 1 & 2 Pinball Haus & Comet Lighting - 42 parts
Option 3 - Comet Lighting - 42 parts
Option 4 - Comet and RGB - 46 parts

So currently 2 people still have not responded so it is assumed they are happy with the Option 1,2 & 3. Therefore what is being made is

Option 1 - 1 person
Option 2 - 1 person
Option 3 - 4 people
Option 4 - 6 people
& 1 person still need to select from Option 1,2 or 3 when it comes to payment

So in total not including packaging, paint there is 570 parts to build one batch of mods of 13 units.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Which one is mine?!!!
Call me crazy, but I’ve purchased all four versions!

one of them .....

1 week later
#21 4 years ago

Christmas / Boxing Day Update

Done
- all the tops are painted and curing
- all parts have arrived

To Do
- decals go on in a day or 2 (after curing)
- making up a new wiring cable for my game for the 5vdc to check everything
- complete the manual
- finish all wire looms

I will have to do things a little different this time and ask for people to pay and then I install the lighting in the top as I don't want to waste the led strips for change of mind though will not have enough rgb strips as limited. So expect a message around this weekend and where possible pay before New Years Day so I can pack / post before I go back to work on the 2nd Jan.

Merry Christmas and hope you have had a awesome Christmas

#22 4 years ago

update - 28-12-19

Payment requests sent out to first 12 people and you have a week to pay otherwise will be offered to the next people itching to get one. On payment I can then finish the lighting in each mod given I gave so many options .....mmmm

the 13th mod had print issues from iMaterialise so being remade so a delay on that one - sorry.

#24 4 years ago

downloadable manual of the Snackbar V4 explaining the installation and RGB LED feature.

For those getting the RGB option you can now source your Power Tap and download the software to your phone to allow you to customise the neon colours when your mod comes.

The manual is also available via my website on the resource/ mod manual page
https://swinks.com.au/mod-manuals

CFTBL Snackbar Mod v4.0 - Manual rev1.pdfCFTBL Snackbar Mod v4.0 - Manual rev1.pdf
#25 4 years ago

Also for those getting the mod I will have a fun competition of who ever posts the best photo of the Snackbar Mod v4 installed in your game before the end of Feb 2020 will be in the running for a free t-shirt sent to you for free. I will choose my favourite and use the image on my website.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

How do you order one?

list is closed, sorry

pm sent on a few leads

#28 4 years ago

8 of the first 12 units packed and mailed off today 30-12-19

1 week later
#30 4 years ago

11 units have departed and 1 US mod delivered today and 8 more all going to be delivered in the next few days.

1 week later
#32 4 years ago
Quoted from NarcGN:

Recieved my snack bar mod today and couldn't wait to install it. Looks awesome adds a really nice touch to the game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great to hear and glad you like it.

Thanks for posting the pictures - looks awesome especially the last ones - has a nice mood about them.

Remember to everyone there is a photo comp for the v4's best one gets a free t-shirt - you pick the design and colour shirt and I will cover purchase and postage.

#33 4 years ago

Just checked the tracking and all Aussie and USA ones have been delivered with only one going to Germany at the Germany Airport and one US one leaving on Monday.

Don't forget the photo competition in which the I will definitely give a t-shirt away.

1 week later
#35 4 years ago

thanks mate, glad you appreciate the quality / design and posted your thoughts

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

I was surprised at how well this was made!
Perfect fit, well perfect everything.
Really really nice.
I will get some pics up tomorrow.
Thanks Swinks!

thanks for the review, glad you like it.

I am an mech engineer by trade so I aim for a good fit and design - though perfect is a big call .... but I greatly appreciate that you like the mod and shared, enjoy

#38 4 years ago

actually for those that purchased the rgb version, have you tried the effects out and what option is your preferred.

1 week later
#42 4 years ago

thanks for the feedback and sharing ,great to hear

1 month later
#44 4 years ago

Update - 13-3-20

All mods have been finally sent out. Also a reminder that I will extend the photo comp to end of April 2020.

Best photo of a Snackbar Mod v4 wins, and that person gets a free regular t-shirt of their choice (size, colour, design) from my website from either my surf or pinball range.

For those that still want a Snackbar Mod, unfortunately I am taking a break for a while and with the dollar taking a dive due to the Coronavirus I will leave it until late in the year where I will do a batch (v5) and release when ready.

I will release a unique alternative Snackbar mod soon.

POST YOUR PICTURES HERE AND SEND ME A MESSAGE OF YOUR SUBMISSION

Thanks for your support

regards Jady / Swinks

3 weeks later
#45 4 years ago

Do forgot to send in your photos (of your Snackbar Mod v4) for a chance to win a free tshirt

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from rmerlo88:

Hey Guys,
Just wanted to update you on my most recent experience with a Swinks Mod.
Money doesn't come easy for all of us, especially at the moment.
We purchased a Creature From The Black Lagoon Snackbar MOD v4 for $491. It was very expensive however loved the innovation and decided we had to have it. After purchasing it, it arrived and the product was decently manufactured and simple to install.
However, it did not include 5v/12v power tap that was essential for the mod to work. This is very disappointing, spending almost $500 AUD on a mod that doesn't work/or come equipped to work.
I was informed from Swinks that this power tap was needed for it to work by Swinks prior to purchasing, and it also said on in the installation guide. We didn't ask questions and thought we could easily pick one up locally, from an Australian pinball website (RTBB.com etc) or Jaycar etc. Didn't think it would be a MAJOR issue. Looking into acquiring the power tap, it was only available from international websites. a $10 USD part and $40 USD for shipping (from somebody he recommended) I even posted a WANTED add on pinside it was that expensive and hard to find. It ended up costing us $75 AUD (after delivery costs). Furthermore, I now have to wait additional time to see the mod at work.
I would strongly recommend buying a few of these at once Swinks and including them with the sale of your mods mate, even if you charge $500 instead of $491 to save everyone the headache that we went through.
Looking forward to finally seeing it light up.
Thanks
Rob

I am sorry you experienced the stressful side of this and I don't believe that I have dealt with you rather your partner blaise08 who I tried to help via Facebook. The RGB version was the top end option and since it was a small run with the RGB option it was the choice of the buyer to locate the power tap as it was limited to only 11 out of 16 Snackbar v4's made with only 2 for Australia.

Prior to any sales of the v4 I made the manual available so people could read, it was noted in the thread and I encouraged people to read the manual to be aware of locating the power tap prior to paying for the mod so it is up to the buyer to proceed and is not my mistake. I also must correct you that the sale to you as others was $397.50 AUD posted (small discount as I used a v3 SS base plate) and not the $491 that you claimed and a little offended buy the misleading info.

Ideally yes this time the mod had 3 lighting options and I normally offer no option so it was different this time around that I put some of that responsibility to the buyer to source the power tap - so I am sorry but I did provide this information prior to people purchasing.

My apologies and hope once you get the parts that you appreciate the design.
screen-capture-18 (resized).pngscreen-capture-18 (resized).png

1 week later
#48 3 years ago

We are nearing the end of April and for something positive and fun.......

Please send me / post up one or a few of your best photos of your installed Snackbar v4 lit up and in action for a chance at winning a free Swinks t-shirt of your choice. Might even add a Snackbar t-shirt as an option.

8 days left...

#50 3 years ago

thanks Mikespinball

I am doing a v4 photo comp and then might do a pinsider choice for best overall photo of a v1, v2, v3 t-shirt comp

2 months later
#52 3 years ago

thanks for the interest maglar - notes

also surprisingly no one entered the v4 photo comp so there were no results

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from rmerlo88:

I would have entered however we are still having issues with our ordered V4 mod, no power tap and still not working.

I do think the above comment is misleading and it is similar to your post 46
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-cftbl-snackbar-mod-v4-#post-5582867
and my response in post 47
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-cftbl-snackbar-mod-v4-#post-5582876

The mod was sold to your girlfriend working, and it was clearly stated for the RGB version she needed to purchase the power tap herself and in addition the manual was made available prior to any purchases stating the same and where to get it. I agree that Covid-2019 and the AUD to USD dollar does not help fellow Aussies but that was a choice when buying the mod. I too have been waiting for parts up to 2 months as held up in US and / or Aus customs due to Covid but suggesting the mod is not working or that I am not supporting you is misleading to others.

I do have 2 possible solutions below or once your power tap arrives you can enjoy you mod fully.

Solution 1
That said I offered to help your girlfriend (the purchaser) at the time via Facebook with no response, but I can hook you up with a regular led strip and 1 to 2 splitter so you can fully enjoy the non-rgb version of the mod for the interim for $12.50 AUD including postage (my cost only). The GI provides the power for the sign which you would currently have working and with the 2 way splitter also can then supply power to a standard led strip (same as the standard lighting kits). (I have a feeling I still provided a 2 way splitter in all mods so you would need to double check but happy to supply that part free just in case). The downside is you are spending more money and you have to remove the RGB strip to install this one colour strip meaning the RGB strip looses some of it's stickiness if you want to re-use this.

Solution 2
I only learnt of this gadget yesterday for another mod I am just doing for myself as I need to step down from 12vdc to 5vdc but is a potential great power tap alternative as it could step down from the GI (7.2to 6.2vdc) to the 5vdc for the RGB strip and controller but requires a little extra wire, snipping and soldering.
https://www.jaycar.com.au/arduino-compatible-dc-voltage-regulator/p/XC4514

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

€ 24.00
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 27.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-cftbl-snackbar-mod-v4-?tu=swinks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.