Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dfrazer
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200728_160646 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200728_160701_1 (resized).jpg
    where'sthebeef (resized).JPG
    66b5bdfb1d186c08e27ed118915bce95cb5197c7 (resized).png
    YN6qUXj4HdXoY.gif
    2020-07-24_7-39-18 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200724-191155_Chrome (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    2020-07-23_17-01-49 (resized).jpg
    There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 3 years ago
    Quoted from ctviss:

Is there a time limit on when Paypal will issue a refund? He could be stalling.

That's not an option with friends & family PayPal.

#102 3 years ago

It's noon my time. Where's the tracking?

where'sthebeef (resized).JPGwhere'sthebeef (resized).JPG
    #103 3 years ago

Of course he is stalling, it's been like six weeks.

#104 3 years ago

High Noon/ He's late an hour here

#105 3 years ago

UPDATE: $200 refund received! Seller said that they were taking care of refund first, and are now on the way to ship the playfield.

#106 3 years ago

UPDATE: Tracking Number Received!

#107 3 years ago

Seller has lived up to his previous statements about shipping the playfield and issuing a refund. Based on both our locations, I'm estimating that I'll have the playfield within a week (The DF backglass I purchased was from Tampa, and arrived UPS within the same time frame).

#108 3 years ago

I’ll leave my original thumb down on the guy. And reason why:

He only came out of the woodwork after getting whooped here on pinside, he made his purchaser whole only on the reason that he was completely outed.
    Shitty/lazy seller is still a shitty lazy seller.

Although I believe in second chances, his first chance (that I saw) was a fail.

#109 3 years ago

I think the original poster did himself a big favor not revealing the playfield in question was a Disco Fever... Let's be honest. This thread would have not got the same level of attention as it did... just busting your chops (look at my collection)...

#110 3 years ago

So weird that this thread has turned into a judge, jury, executioner kinda deal. Speaks to how we engage one another via the net, and well offline too.

Seems like things are swinging positive for the OP, and that's great! Doubt the seller will garner any sales after this, that is for sure.

#111 3 years ago

I'm going to hold my downvote until you receive what he said he was going to send.

That said; I don't believe you should do much to change the title of this thread...
    Maybe edit the body to claim - eventually, the seller made it right; but I'd leave the rest there too.

#112 3 years ago
    Quoted from danczaz:

I think the original poster did himself a big favor not revealing the playfield in question was a Disco Fever... Let's be honest. This thread would have not got the same level of attention as it did... just busting your chops (look at my collection)...

I thought the exact same thing! I basically decided to put this together for my wife, as she's a fan of the movie Saturday Night Fever. I had a complete set of boards, and a spare Flash cabinet (although I've got someone who has a DF head and cabinet for me), so when I saw the populated playfield I thought, "Great! All I need to do is find a backglass". Pinsider Pinfan01 (A Really nice guy!) had a backglass, and got it to me within a week of my paying him.

Over this past 6 weeks I kept thinking, "All of this drama for a Disco Fever!"

Quoted from Zitt:

I'm going to hold my downvote until you receive what he said he was going to send.
    That said; I don't believe you should do much to change the title of this thread...
    Maybe edit the body to claim - eventually, the seller made it right; but I'd leave the rest there too.

I planned on adding " - Issue Resolved" or something similar in the title, and changing my feedback to Neutral. Like I said, $hit happens at times, but at least the seller has come through on what he stated, and that should be made public. I will post when the playfield has actually been received.

#113 3 years ago
    Quoted from dfrazer:

"All of this drama for a Disco Fever!"

As long as it has a disco ball topper; it's all good!

#114 3 years ago

Glad to hear it!!! But in the same breath, I say it should never have gotten to this point, in the first place.

#115 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I honestly expect him to deactivate before the weekend is over, it seems to be the thing to do when acting out judging by Otaku and MrMoberg actions lately

Looks like I called that one right. I'm just glad he made or appears to have made things right before he left.

#116 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Looks like I called that one right. I'm just glad he made or appears to have made things right before he left.

Yup, inactive account.
    Still hope OP gets playfield.

#117 3 years ago

Can say I'm surprised either...
    But; will he activate a different account? that's the real question.

#118 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Can say I'm surprised either...
    But; will he activate a different account? that's the real question.

Ding ding ding!

#119 3 years ago

Sent this via PM to dfrazer and figure I should share it here:

Hey Dave,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Been super busy offline this week.

Jason helped me with a couple service calls and deliveries, but is not an employee, never was an employee and he is no longer associated with me or my business.

I read the thread and appears your playfield is on the way and glad to see at least you were refunded. Hope this hasn’t left a bad taste for Little Shop of Games and that you’ll reach out if you need parts or a machine in the future.

Sincerely,

Marshall Dickson
    Little Shop of Games

#120 3 years ago

Good of you to post so at least everyone will know he's not involved in your business and should harbor no ill will towards you as a result of it all.

#121 3 years ago
    Quoted from King_Jelly:

Sent this via PM to dfrazer and figure I should share it here:
    Hey Dave,
    Sorry for the delayed reply. Been super busy offline this week.
    Jason helped me with a couple service calls and deliveries, but is not an employee, never was an employee and he is no longer associated with me or my business.
    I read the thread and appears your playfield is on the way and glad to see at least you were refunded. Hope this hasn’t left a bad taste for Little Shop of Games and that you’ll reach out if you need parts or a machine in the future.
    Sincerely,
    Marshall Dickson
    Little Shop of Games

Glad this all got resolved, but I was especially glad to see this. LSOG is such a great store, and while I've only ever bought online, I always find the stuff I need; their inventory is great and service has always been outstanding.

#122 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Glad this all got resolved, but I was especially glad to see this. LSOG is such a great store, and while I've only ever bought online, I always find the stuff I need; their inventory is great and service has always been outstanding.

Agreed. Always a perfect buying experience with them for us.

#123 3 years ago

LSOG was the only place that still had the Whirlwind lift ramp I needed in stock!

#124 3 years ago

LSOG is all good.

Many a purchase from them. Zero issues ever.

#125 3 years ago

Little Shop of Games and Curly have been nothing but top notch service for me as long as I can remember!
    Marshall is a great guy to!

#126 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Little Shop of Games and Curly have been nothing but top notch service for me as long as I can remember!
    Marshall is a great guy to!

Great to hear. Thanks for sharing.

#127 3 years ago

Infuriating, and so pathetic to ripoff someone like that.

#128 3 years ago

WTB: grand lizard, diner and earthshaker.

#129 3 years ago

Having dealt with both Curley and Marshall at LSOG over the years they are both the best of the best to deal with. i have bought and sold to them and hands down they are honest and represent what a pinball distributor should be.

#130 3 years ago

All of this drama has finally come to an end, as the playfield was delivered this afternoon! And as danczaz had previously mentioned, all of this for a Disco Fever playfield!

IMG_20200728_160701_1 (resized).jpgIMG_20200728_160701_1 (resized).jpg

I must thank the pinside community, as I'm pretty sure that they were part, if not all, of the reason the seller reached back out to me, and rectified the situation, so I must say THANK YOU again!!

In addition Marshall from LSOG reached out to me, and (as I figured) explained that he was acquainted with the seller, but the seller was in no way his employee or associated with LSOG. He was very polite, and hoped that the situation would get resolved (which it now has), so thanks Marshall! After reading all of the recent comments, Marshall seems like the kind of pinsider that you DO want to do business with

If I took anything from this whole experience: Do NOT pay with PayPal Friends & Family if you don't already know/trust the seller.

#131 3 years ago
    Quoted from dfrazer:

All of this drama has finally come to an end, as the playfield was delivered this afternoon! And as danczaz had previously mentioned, all of this for a Disco Fever playfield!
    [quoted image]
    I must thank the pinside community, as I'm pretty sure that they were part, if not all, of the reason the seller reached back out to me, and rectified the situation, so I must say THANK YOU again!!
    In addition Marshall from LSOG reached out to me, and (as I figured) explained that he was acquainted with the seller, but the seller was in no way his employee or associated with LSOG. He was very polite, and hoped that the situation would get resolved (which it now has), so thanks Marshall! After reading all of the recent comments, Marshall seems like the kind of pinsider that you DO want to do business with
    If I took anything from this whole experience: Do NOT pay with PayPal Friends & Family if you don't already know/trust the seller.

(Looks at pic). That playfield has literally turned your world upside-down.

#132 3 years ago

I see dimples on that playfield ; )

#133 3 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

(Looks at pic). That playfield has literally turned your world upside-down.

Haha.....The first pic I was going use would have really looked strange since my dog walked into the frame....

IMG_20200728_160646 (resized).jpgIMG_20200728_160646 (resized).jpg

#134 3 years ago
    Quoted from dfrazer:

[quoted image]

Glad you got your playfield! It may be reasonable to consider renaming this thread - I know this wasn't fun but you did end up with a fairly reasonable outcome

#135 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

I see dimples on that playfield ; )

You mean "dimples" the dog don't you?

#136 3 years ago

Glad it all worked out, + 1 for LSOG. Top notch customer service and always going above and exceeding expectations Babee!

#137 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Glad you got your playfield! It may be reasonable to consider renaming this thread - I know this wasn't fun but you did end up with a fairly reasonable outcome

He's already done that to show the issue was resolved.

#138 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

And it appears that Pinball7507 has deactivated their account, so I can only assume that no other pinsider will be responding to an ad from them.

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-buyer-beware-pinsider-user-pinball7507/page/3?hl=moat-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.