Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dfrazer
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200728_160646 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200728_160701_1 (resized).jpg
    where'sthebeef (resized).JPG
    66b5bdfb1d186c08e27ed118915bce95cb5197c7 (resized).png
    YN6qUXj4HdXoY.gif
    2020-07-24_7-39-18 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200724-191155_Chrome (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    2020-07-23_17-01-49 (resized).jpg

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 3 years ago

Let me start off by saying that within the near 6 years I have been on pinside, I have had nothing but good experiences and interactions with members of the community. From both giving and receiving technical help, to buying and selling machines & parts. However, it is unfortunate that I recently had an experience in which I sent $200 to pinsider Pinball7507 on June 11th, and have yet to receive my Playfield (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/94254). In fact they have neglected to respond to any emails / texts sent since June 30th, and deleted our email thread from their inbox; I have been checking daily and their pinside pulse has shown them visiting pinside every day up through July 18th, so I know that they have been made aware of my emails to them.

Order of communications is as follows:

1) June 11th: $200 sent via Paypal; told playfield would be shipped out on June 12th

2) June 18th: Playfield not yet received; requested a tracking number from seller; was told that I should receive the playfield around June 22nd or June 23rd. No tracking number sent.

3) June 26th: Playfield not yet received; requested a tracking number again. No tracking number sent.

4) June 30th: Seller responded that he was having some family issues (which are private and I won't go into detail here). Apologized for the delay, and said it would be shipped out by EOD on July 1st. Said that he would be shipping the playfield personally, and I would get a tracking number as soon as he was back in his car after dropping the playfield off for shipping. No tracking number sent.

5) July 8th: Playfield not yet received; requested confirmation from the seller. No response.

6) July 11th: Playfield not yet received; requested confirmation from the seller via text. No response.

....somewhere between July 8th and July 17th, the seller deleted our pinside email thread from their inbox...

7) July 17th: Playfield not received; new email sent requesting either a valid tracking number or a refund of my $200 by EOD on July 18th. No response.

Unfortunately for me, based on all of my previous positive experiences with fellow pinsiders, my guard was down and without even thinking, I sent the $200 via PayPal Friends and Family. Funny thing is that the very same day after sending the $200 for the playfield, I contacted another pinsider who had the backglass that I needed to match the playfield. Went through sending the $$$ via Friends and Family, and in a week I had my glass.

Don't get me wrong: It's totally on ME that I sent the $$$ via Friends and Family; I just wanted to put a warning out there for my fellow pinsiders, in an effort to hopefully prevent this from happening to someone else.

#2 3 years ago

Absolute despicable that people feel the need to steal. Dfrazer is one of the nicest guys that you will ever meet. Makes me sick!!! Hope this guy enjoys his $200

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from dfrazer:

Don't get me wrong: It's totally on ME that I sent the $$$ via Friends and Family; I just wanted to put a warning out there for my fellow pinsiders, in an effort to hopefully prevent this from happening to someone else

Paying Paypal f&f isn't so much the problem, as Pinball7507 needs to do the right thing and stop stalling with reasons or excuses and get your playfield shipped out to you with tracking #.
    -Mike

#4 3 years ago

0% feedback and only on Pinside for 7 months. 2 red flags right there.

#5 3 years ago

Shitty, sucks that looks like you got burned. On a kinda related question when you guys make a deal and agree on price. Do people assume that is the friends and family pay pal price or the business pay pal amount. I always feel like a bit of a dick if I don't do friends and family, so I look up how much the fee will be and add it. What is the proper etiquette?

#6 3 years ago

Every one of these threads goes off the rails.
    Once the seller shows up and gives his side of the story this should get real interesting.

#7 3 years ago

Not thinking the seller is going to post

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

0% feedback and only on Pinside for 7 months. 2 red flags right there.

Yep, again my fault for being "too trusting".

Quoted from Darscot:

Shitty, sucks that looks like you got burned. On a kinda related question when you guys make a deal and agree on price. Do people assume that is the friends and family pay pal price or the business pay pal amount. I always feel like a bit of a dick if I don't do friends and family, so I look up how much the fee will be and add it. What is the proper etiquette?

I should have just sent regular Paypal of $207.00, which would have netted the seller ~$200 after the 3% fee. The $7 is no big deal, and like I said, I wasn't even thinking about being possibly ripped off, due to the number of purchases I have made with my fellow pinders over the years, all via F&F. LESSON LEARNED

Quoted from no-extra-balls:

Every one of these threads goes off the rails.
    Once the seller shows up and gives his side of the story this should get real interesting.

Considering that I have screenshots of all emails and texts with the seller, I would assume that they will not be claiming anything that is not already contained within our previous conversations.

#9 3 years ago

I could go and retrieve it for you if you ever regain contact with the seller. No charge. Orlando traffic sucks and only venture there on weekend mornings. Shipping is gonna be a problem for you since I believe it’ll run a tad higher than $50.

#10 3 years ago

This is terrible. These people are what give honest people a bad name. Hope you get your part or refund.

#11 3 years ago

No forum topics, offered 22 items for sale, never sold (or reported as sold).

Maybe after 10 ads without payment Pinside should start to charge listing fees.

#12 3 years ago

This totally sucks....I guess if theres any good news it was only $200 and not thousands.....chalk it up to an expensive lesson

#13 3 years ago

All of this seller's current Pinside ads should be taken down. Anyone know the best way to get the admins to look at his account?

#14 3 years ago

Just speaking for myself, but there is no way I will purchase something on Pinside from a user whose account is 6 months old.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Just speaking for myself, but there is no way I will purchase something on Pinside from a user whose account is 6 months old.

I initially thought the same, but after researching the seller, I noticed via another post that he was affiliated with a Pinsider who's been around for 6 years, so I gave it a shot. Again, LESSON LEARNED.

Here's the post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/average-monthly-rental-4-home-use-during-cv-19-#post-5624170

#16 3 years ago

Same guy over here on the village
    http://villagebbs.com/forum/index.php/topic,43962.msg350022.html#msg350022

I tried to deal with him and had a bad feeling right away with what he posted

If theres anything I can do let me know
    I hate dirtbags like that

#17 3 years ago

Another leech that uses Pinside as his personal Craigslist and never pays any fees. Fuck you @Pinball7507!
    I hope you get this resolved.
    YOU SOLD IT HERE PAY YER GODDAMN FEES.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

All of this seller's current Pinside ads should be taken down. Anyone know the best way to get the admins to look at his account?

Ding ding ding. Site does jack squat to weed our potential scammers once they find this place, and once they do... they still do jack squat.

Don’t forget, for every 99 scammers that come here, 1 may actually be legit... and we can’t lose THAT revenue, right? No matter the cost to site reputation or integrity...?

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Site does jack squat to weed our potential scammers once they find this place, and once they do... they still do jack squat.

Anybody notified the mods or Robin ?

LTG : )

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Yes, mods have been notified.

#21 3 years ago

Robin needs to block his IP address on Pinside until he ships your playfield or returns your money.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

At this point I feel like myself and others keen to this issue make the same point every few days. Vetting out scammers isn’t hard (i.e. set up a criteria before one can post things for sale) but maybe it is because we have countless threads on “how not to get scammed” that we keep the gates wide open. But obviously anyone with a pulse can come here and try to scam us because of this.

I’d be guilty of being a broken record... if the record wasn't spot on accurate.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

That's typically what I do with anybody I haven't seen around here often or if it's over like $100 I'll message them to see if that is okay with them and go from there.

#24 3 years ago

I hate to see this. I hope he is able to see this and responds. Hopefully you can still get your playfield.

Lack of communication is simply unacceptable for sellers.

#25 3 years ago

After going through a very similar situation with another pinsider (scary how similar, in fact), I feel your pain. I wish you luck and hope everything turns out well.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

At this point I feel like myself and others keen to this issue make the same point every few days. Vetting out scammers isn’t hard (i.e. set up a criteria before one can post things for sale) but maybe it is because we have countless threads on “how not to get scammed” that we keep the gates wide open. But obviously anyone with a pulse can come here and try to scam us because of this.
    I’d be guilty of being a broken record... if the record wasn't spot on accurate.

It's harder than you think. A lot of scammers aren't stupid. Some of them will jump through any hoops we put in place, and those same hoops also make things more difficult for legitimate members, and end up deterring legitimate members. Keep in mind that scammers are very different from spammers. Spammers are generally pretty easy to spot and some simple roadblocks stop them in their tracks. They don't really want to put much effort in, whereas scammers will actually put forth some effort since there's a potential payday on the table.

In cases where things appear to be in dispute and/or one party just goes silent, it's harder to tell what's going on. Did the member cut and run? Did they have a personal emergency? Something else? It's a bit different than how things go down with an obvious foreign scammer. We don't normally like to close accounts in this type of situation in order to keep a line of communication open, but we do try to keep tabs on the account from that point forward for suspicious activity.

The best thing you can do if you find yourself in this situation is post feedback on the member's profile describing your experience with them. A lot of times, people are hesitant to post feedback, especially negative feedback, which is unfortunate for the next person who's trying to decide about proceeding with a deal.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from dfrazer:

I sent $200 to pinsider Pinball7507 on June 11th, and have yet to receive my Playfield

If you really want to warn your fellow Pinsiders - LEAVE SOME FEEDBACK! https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/pinball7507/feedback

Pinside has a mechanism in place for transaction feedback. Why haven’t you used it?

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

If you really want to warn your fellow Pinsiders - LEAVE SOME FEEDBACK! https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/pinball7507/feedback
    Pinside has a mechanism in place for transaction feedback. Why haven’t you used it?

Negative feedback was actually left this morning. I had hoped that by initially creating a post explaining the situation that there was a slight possibility that someone who knew Pinball7507 would have chimed in with a possible explanation for his lack of communication. As ForceFlow had mentioned, perhaps there was a personal emergency, possibly medical, which prevented the user from responding; I simply didn't want to just post negative feedback immediately. However, the fact that the account's pinside pulse has shown daily activity up through July 18th tells me that SOMEONE was logging into that account, and therefore had access to the account's Inbox.

There have already been pinsiders in the Orlando, Florida area who have graciously offered to pick up the playfield for me and ship it to me if the situation allowed it, which is the type of person that I am used to dealing with on pinside: helpful, polite and prompt!

I have Pinball7507 's name, email address and business name, so if I choose to pursue this matter legally, I have a starting point; it's not about the $$$, it's about the principal of what happened. I chose not to expose that information in this thread, because I don't want to be 'that guy'.

#29 3 years ago

Sorry to hear this OP. Hope things turn out ok and Pinball7507 grows a pair to make this right

Not sure of the etiquette, should a link to this post be added to his 7 current ads?

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Robin needs to block his IP address on Pinside until he ships your playfield or returns your money.

Sorry you have had a bad experience and I hope all ends well for "both" parties and it all works out. I agree Robin should block further sales and new ads until he/OP know all the circumstances but, freezing his account outright might inadvertently contribute to no communication should that be done. I only say this in case the guy really had an emergency of some type and if froze out it cuts the him off.

I'm fortunate that in all the years I've been on here I'm had nothing but positive interactions with Pinsiders as it applies to sales/trades and information sharing when fixing problems, I hat to see these things happening and unfortunately it appears to happen more often than ever anymore.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Robin needs to block his IP address

totally pointless.

#32 3 years ago

Looks like this pinsider actually works for Little Shop of Games judging from the link to a pinside thread dfrazer provided where he is referred to as one of the crew. Could it be that this guy had some sort of emergency given the fact he surely knows his place of employment is on pinside? Seems that may be the case or else he just doesn't GAF one way or another. Other pinsiders are named as well so maybe they could offer some clarity on the situation.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Looks like this pinsider actually works for Little Shop of Games judging from the link to a pinside thread dfrazer provided where he is referred to as one of the crew. Could it be that this guy had some sort of emergency given the fact he surely knows his place of employment is on pinside? Seems that may be the case or else he just doesn't GAF one way or another. Other pinsiders are named as well so maybe they could offer some clarity on the situation.

Emergency or not, he has numerous sales ads up and has been regularly logging in to pinside. A simple message to the OP takes only seconds.
    I find it inexcusable.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Emergency or not, he has numerous sales ads up and has been regularly logging in to pinside. A simple message to the OP takes only seconds.
    I find it inexcusable.

I agree 100% so long as it is "him" logging in everyday (and I know it's a long shot). Not excusing this guy just trying to give him the benefit of a doubt in the face of what looks to be a scam.

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

this pinsider actually works for Little Shop of Games

Like it or not...
    This just put Little Shop of Games (LSG) ( King_Jelly ) in my "don't do business" category.
    Regardless of LSG intending to support bad faith employees... I just won't risk it. While I agree; in general it's not LSG's responsibility to fix this employee's problem... King_Jelly made it a point of listing this scammer as an employee; so, it's now "fair use" to keep my business from them.

As much as I don't want to be part of the CancelCulture running around these days; I'm not going to be sending them any of my money.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Like it or not...
    This just put Little Shop of Games (LSG) ( King_Jelly ) in my "don't do business" category.
    Regardless of LSG intending to support bad faith employees... I just won't risk it.

I'm just surprised that no one from that company has reached out to help clear this situation up or at the very least clear their co. name from it.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I'm just surprised that no one from that company has reached out to help clear this situation up or at the very least clear their co. name from it.

They maybe unaware of the situation.

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Like it or not...
    Regardless of LSG intending to support bad faith employees... I just won't risk it. While I agree; in general it's not LSG's responsibility to fix this employee's problem... king_jelly made it a point of listing this scammer as an employee; so, it's now "fair use" to keep my business from them.
    As much as I don't want to be part of the CancelCulture running around these days; I'm not going to be sending them any of my money.

CancelCluture is based off political ideology, not theft.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

They maybe unaware of the situation.

They are on the site.

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

They are on the site.

Just trying to be fair, plenty of traffic and easy enough to miss something.

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Just trying to be fair, plenty of traffic and easy enough to miss something.

True that's what I said earlier as well

Quoted from RWH:

Not excusing this guy just trying to give him the benefit of a doubt in the face of what looks to be a scam.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I actually did reach out to King_Jelly yesterday, asking if he could offer any assistance in this matter, but also stated that if he is not comfortable getting involved in this issue, (since he is not a party to the actual transaction) I would understand. I'm hoping that I will get a response; we shall wait and see.

#43 3 years ago

Any chance seller, being in Florida where Covid-19 is hitting pretty hard, is in the hospital? Just grasping at straws here.

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Any chance seller, being in Florida where Covid-19 is hitting pretty hard, is in the hospital? Just grasping at straws here.

Sure, that's a definite possibility given the situation in Florida. However the fact is that the seller's pinside account had activity as recent as July 18th, which is 18 days after the last time I had spoken with them, in which I had continued to make numerous requests for either a tracking number or simply an update. Even if someone was checking the account in the seller's absence, I find it hard to believe that I would not get a response based on my numerous requests.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

If he/she is they've still been logging into Pinside everyday and could easily have told the OP that.

#46 3 years ago

I had sent him an email 2 days ago on a different matter......an earlier sale of mine.
    Ill Let you know if I hear anything back....
    I have chatted on the phone before, and didnt sense any issues.....

#47 3 years ago

I will be rather brief with my response as admission of guilt is quick and elaboration is not necessary. Plain and simple this is purely out of laziness and dragging my feet. I have begun the refund process and the money will be refunded as well as the play field shipped out. It is 100% my fault as an individual and has no responsibility on anyone beyond myself.

This is a public apology and admission of guilt which will be made right. No proof in words, there will be with actions.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball7507:

This is a public apology and admission of guilt which will be made right.

I’ve seen all these words used on Pinside before over the years, but never arranged in this particular order. I’m wondering if I accidentally typed in Punside.com by mistake

#49 3 years ago

Wtf no one takes responsibility for there actions let alone apologises these days, what is going on....

#50 3 years ago

Your honesty is refreshing. But please, if you sell something here, pay your Pinside fees.

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-buyer-beware-pinsider-user-pinball7507/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.