(Topic ID: 222500)

BM66 vs IRON MAIDEN,Which to choose? Help!

By slashfive

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by dts
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“ BM66 vs IRON MAIDEN,Which to choose? Help! ”

• BATMAN 66 51 votes
      39%
    • IRON MAIDEN 71 votes
      54%
    • NEITHER 9 votes
      7%

(131 votes)

#1 5 years ago

Love the Batman theme, Game play is very good. (Code and such). Iron Maiden, game play excellent. Theme is decent. I’ve been going nuts trying to decide. Help with any opinions!

#2 5 years ago

If you can get a BM66, get it. There'll always be tons of Iron Maidens around

#3 5 years ago

I vote iron maiden.

#4 5 years ago

The use of the video screen is better in Batman with all the clips from show. Games play different.

#5 5 years ago

BM66 is a dream theme for me and its a pretty good game too, but IMDN blows it away in my opinion. Another nice thing about IMDN is the pro kicks ass so you're probably looking at a 2k difference if you went with a pro model. I love the BM66 theme but i dont like its inflated price tag and the gameplay is just ok. IMDN is the easy choice here.

#6 5 years ago

Both are great games.

Both are long ball times.

Layout better on Maiden.

If you can score a BM66LE for a decent price, that is worth doing.

Otherwise pick up a Maiden pro.

#7 5 years ago

BM66 had a bad start and will still reflect that in a poll. I own and enjoy both, but completely different. I currently give a slight edge to BM66 based on risk/reward total theme integration. (Thanks Lyman)
    You won’t be disappointed either way.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

BM66 is a dream theme for me and its a pretty good game too, but IMDN blows it away in my opinion. Another nice thing about IMDN is the pro kicks ass so you're probably looking at a 2k difference if you went with a pro model. I love the BM66 theme but i dont like its inflated price tag and the gameplay is just ok. IMDN is the easy choice here.

Sums it up very well IMO

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I agree about the price tag. It’s the one variable that I don’t like.

#10 5 years ago

Iron maiden
    Batman

#11 5 years ago

Just recently bought both! IMaiden Premium is awesome( as is all the Maiden Pin options)and so is the new code Batman 66. IMO you cant go currently wrong with either.

#12 5 years ago

I have both and they are great. Iron Maiden is more fun to play and has that “it” factor that you find only in the best of machines. If I had to choose between them, IMDN would be the choice, but these are personal decisions that may be influenced variables such as your family.

#13 5 years ago

I can't do IMDN ( theme is not for me) and never saw it or played it. I played Batman 66 and like it so that's my vote not wild about the price point though.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from indybru:

I can't do IMDN ( theme is not for me) and never saw it or played it. I played Batman 66 and like it so that's my vote not wild about the price point though.

Funny, although I'm familiar with Iron Maiden I far from follow them. That said, played a game and really liked it!

I also played a BM66, that was fun as well.

If it were me, and I had the funds, I'd do BM66. There should be some nice IMDNs for sale in about a year.

#15 5 years ago

i would go IM. it's a faster game and the code is better right now. If you like slower and hit shots, go with Batman. I like both, but I find batman is a bit of repeat and make a bunch of shots lit up. IM is more like adrenaline in pinball. The code is better in batman than 6 months ago, but of the minor villains there are still more needed in season 2 and 3 i think.

don't know if you played star wars, but i would consider that right there with both of those 2. for the money, star wars pro is a better value than batman 66 premium.

#16 5 years ago

You have to get both. I have em and can't pick one.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Come on Iceman, you KNOW that BM66 isnt as good as IMDN bro! Lol

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If you can score a BM66LE for a decent price, that is worth doing.

I got a little chuckle from this... From my perspective it seems to be difficult to score a BM66 LE at any price, much less a decent one. Been trying for over 9 months now with no luck. Giving up and going with a premium soon.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Gonna change my vote and side with Iceman, get both! I put in the art blades on my premium, the shaker, and a couple of other mods. The two pins are so different and both excellent. Also, Lyman keeps polishing this machine, which is fantastic. It is just a different experience than IMDN.
    So, much as I like the flow and adrenaline of IMDN, I love the crazy, slightly manic quality of BM66, in addition to the video integration and layers of code. It is great. IMDN also has layers of great code and flow that is up there with MM. Tough call. Maybe see what your family and friends like.

#20 5 years ago

Iron Maiden, and it's not even close.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I agree 100%. Both great pins!!

#22 5 years ago

I just joined pinside and I'm not an experienced pinball dude, but I gotta go with BM66. It's just better, I think.

1 month later
    #23 5 years ago

Batman 66 will definitely hold its value better than IM. 5 years time won’t even be close. Batman is different but overall a better experience. Very family friendly and fun to play. In do like IM game play although. Just not the music. Batman will keep you coming back longer and more than IM. I think it is much deeper game play with all the villains etc to capture. Both are quite different for sure.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Batman 66 will definitely hold its value better than IM.

I dont know how you figure that .... they have dropped in price significantly, seen a mint HUO Prem with 5/7 hundred in mods that was only two weeks out of box sell for less that 6500.

#25 5 years ago

I honestly don't see how this is even a serious question, Iron Maiden is really, really good, BM66 is really, really bad!!

#26 5 years ago

Batman 66 all the way... keep in mind on the level of content it is already huge and it's nog even finished!
    Iron maiden feels like every game is the samen and I don't like the voice announcers on the game. Iron maiden plays faster though... but batman is just epic.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from dgpinball:

I honestly don't see how this is even a serious question, Iron Maiden is really, really good, BM66 is really, really bad!!

I dont think Batman is really really bad or even bad at all for that matter, but it sure as hell isnt IMDN either. The only area that BM66 wins in is the theme, maiden wins in every other catagory.

#28 5 years ago

They are both fantastic and as different as night and day.

#29 5 years ago

66 plays and feels clunky and cheap...... One of the worst "feeling" Stern pins ever IMO. IMDN is solid and butter smooth.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

66 plays and feels clunky and cheap...... One of the worst "feeling" Stern pins ever IMO. IMDN is solid and butter smooth.

My IMDN LE wasn't so butter smooth until I spent a fair amount of time getting the machine dialed in. Same with Batman. They both play and feel like Stern games. No wonder, they were both built in the same factory with the same type of parts, such as the identical autoplunger. Frankly, I have been playing more BM66 lately and it's a great game. If I had to keep one, it would be IMDN over BM66, but it isn't an easy call.

#31 5 years ago

For the record, we bought both games. No regret on either. So different, so wonderful! Iron Maiden is smooth and addictive. Batman is too cool and never gets boring.
    It’s amazing what Lyman has made in code for this game to help fit George’s vision. I think if this was released now, with the current code. It would never have had the level of negativity it had.

Also, we appreciate everyone who designs, codes, builds and engineers pinball at all companies, new and old! After learning that this whole industry could have been extinct. I’m grateful for them and the hobbyists, collectors, fixers, players.

Thanks for love of this unique game. Nothing else can replace it, Nor does anything existing comes close to how cool and fun pinball is.

#32 5 years ago

Great call! I was just playing them thinking you'd probably love both. Shaker is more fun on IMDN but great on both, subwoofer is the same but in reverse, better on BM66.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-bm66-vs-iron-maidenwhich-to-choose-help- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.