Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 80 days ago by emguy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bally Carnival (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8872 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8877 (resized).jpeg
    17004448990741201560200131352654 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20231102_203047613 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20231102_202842610 (resized).jpg
    20231031_131334 (resized).jpg
    3600Kennedy (resized).jpg
    SingAlongGlass (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231028_135230_01 (resized).jpg
    20231002_001229 (resized).jpg
    20231001_170045 (resized).jpg
    20231001_170033 (resized).jpg
    20231001_170025 (resized).jpg

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 months ago

If u had to send him a glass, that means he did not have the art on file. I'm pretty sure those will take longer.
    Everything I've ordered he has had the art, and takes a few months.
    Got 3 today. Very nice

IMG_20231028_135230_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20231028_135230_01 (resized).jpg
    #52 4 months ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

If u had to send him a glass, that means he did not have the art on file. I'm pretty sure those will take longer.

Seems he was trying to do Skill Pool off just the pics I sent him? Because he did not have the file at the time. Dunno as that is when the communication broke down.

#53 4 months ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Everyone time someone uses the “he travels a lot” defense, an innocent puppy is stomped on and killed.

It's not a defense but it's well documented that he does this on the side but yet people keep whining about it. Read up and if you're one that expect a quick turn around move on as Steve is not the guy for you.

Steve's communication sucks but he's never not come through, to my knowledge. So many people in this hobby order from people/companies with not so great practices/histories and then are shocked that they were impacted.

#54 4 months ago
    Quoted from meSz:

It's not a defense but it's well documented that he does this on the side but yet people keep whining about it. Read up and if you're one that expect a quick turn around move on as Steve is not the guy for you.
    Steve's communication sucks but he's never not come through, to my knowledge. So many people in this hobby order from people/companies with not so great practices/histories and then are shocked that they were impacted.

How many who bought from Steve said they expect a quick turnaround? We KNOW HE DOES THIS ON THE SIDE. From my knowledge hardly anyone expects a quick turnaround. Maybe someone brand new to the hobby maybe.

But people have waited till the time the 6 months is near up to file a PayPal claim and past his own timeline of 12 to 16 week turnaround time to receive their backglass or glasses they paid for.

So I guess it’s too much to ask for at least one reply that the money we sent was received. Guess call me old fashioned. It’s really not that hard to respond to an email, but apologist like you sure make it seem like it is.

He does amazing work and glad he offers so many a chance to get a replacement backglass or one restored. He is a credit to the hobby, but some better communication would go along way. I don’t think that’s much to ask for.

Bought from him before in the past and he responded to me. Just this time nothing.

#55 4 months ago
    Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Bought from him before in the past and he responded to me. Just this time nothing.

Same for Cliffy. I have not heard a word.

#56 4 months ago

And here we are again. Best promo for Bgresto is attention.

Steve is chuckling in his workshop reading this.

#57 4 months ago
    Quoted from SteveinTexas:

And here we are again. Best promo for Bgresto is attention.
    Steve is chuckling in his workshop reading this.

Or, in his United Polaris Class cube on a 787 Dreamliner over the Atlantic....

#58 4 months ago

Just got this true silk screened backglass from Ron Webb. Ron did communicate there would be a slight delay as he had something going on. Took a little over a week. Got a tracking number. $272 including shipping. Couldn't be happier.

SingAlongGlass (resized).jpgSingAlongGlass (resized).jpg

#59 4 months ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Just got this true silk screened backglass from Ron Webb. Ron did communicate there would be a slight delay as he had something going on. Took a little over a week. Got a tracking number. $272 including shipping. Couldn't be happier.
    [quoted image]

Looks great!

#60 4 months ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

[quoted image]

Wow that was fast. Looks awesome.

#61 4 months ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

[quoted image]

That looks like snow. Almost like Christmas! Somewhere.

#62 4 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That looks like snow. Almost like Christmas! Somewhere.

Ha ha we did get snow today. The view from my window at work.

3600Kennedy (resized).jpg3600Kennedy (resized).jpg
    #63 4 months ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Ha ha we did get snow today. The view from my window at work.
    [quoted image]

Nice.

It's 90 degrees here today and you guessed it, sunny.

#64 4 months ago

Clear blue skies, but a cold 74° by Caesars Palace this afternoon.

20231031_131334 (resized).jpg20231031_131334 (resized).jpg
    #65 4 months ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Clear blue skies, but a cold 74° by Caesars Palace this afternoon.[quoted image]

Best time to visit. Very nice weather and college and pro football games to bet on.

#66 4 months ago

Pretty big upgrade!

PXL_20231102_202842610 (resized).jpgPXL_20231102_202842610 (resized).jpgPXL_20231102_203047613 (resized).jpgPXL_20231102_203047613 (resized).jpg
    #67 4 months ago
    Quoted from frisbez:

Pretty big upgrade![quoted image][quoted image]

Looks amazing. When did you place your order?

#68 4 months ago

Looks amazing. When did you place your order?

June 8th

#69 4 months ago
    Quoted from frisbez:

Wow! Gorgeous, congrats!

#70 4 months ago

hopefully I get mine soon also. I was in June. Thanks for the reply!

#71 3 months ago
    Quoted from frisbez:

I just got one of these for my game too.

#72 3 months ago

I sent an email on Friday about getting a Rocky glass done. Haven't heard back, so I was a bit concerned. I'm also aware of the communication issues, so it's not surprising, but still somewhat concerning, the most concerning being that they are out of business. This thread reveals that BGResto is still a thing, so I'll just relax about it, though it would be cool to get the glass by the end of January...

#73 3 months ago

I just received a backglass from him. Great work - just need to be patient.

#74 3 months ago

And sure enough, I got the email last night. Nice discount if you can pick it up at his local VFW, but I'm two states away, so shipping it is. $325 shipped is very reasonable.

#75 3 months ago

Just got shipping notice from FedEx for my Lightning backglass!

#76 3 months ago

Arrived today. Great quality as usual. I had complained about the no replys to emails, but I will again give credit where credit is due.

#77 3 months ago

Arrived today. Great quality as usual. I had complained about the no replys to emails, but I will again give credit where credit is due.

Mine also arrived today, good stuff....

17004448990741201560200131352654 (resized).jpg17004448990741201560200131352654 (resized).jpg
    #78 3 months ago

Reposting because I could not upload images yesterday.

Received my backglass yesterday. Turned out great. I know I complained about the lack of any email replies, but I also can give credit to another job well done. Order was placed in June.

IMG_8872 (resized).jpegIMG_8872 (resized).jpegIMG_8877 (resized).jpegIMG_8877 (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
    #79 80 days ago

Ordered August 2, delivered December 13.

No communication either way between Steve and I from order date through the scheduling of delivery. I knew it was on it's way once I got the FedEx shipment tracking notification.

Steve does incredible work, and the service he provides makes it possible for me to own some of these titles. I can fix most everything else on a game, cosmetically and mechanically, but the backglass is another animal. The fact that Steve makes it so easy to get unusual titles is a huge service to this community. Here's the ones I've sourced through BG Resto:

Bally Carnival
    Bally Circus
    Williams King Pin
    Williams Space Ship
    Williams OXO
    Williams Nags
    Williams Hayburners
    Williams Fast Ball

My collection would look a lot different without him.

Bally Carnival (resized).jpegBally Carnival (resized).jpeg
    There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-bgrestocom-for-glass-restoration/page/2?hl=ballykiss1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.