(Topic ID: 304531)

'77 bally kick off playfield lights

By vipertblck

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

games just about ready to list for sale, except the lights! head has lights, but playfield has no lights. i've tried wiggling jones the 3 jones plugs in the head, and also the 3 down on the relay board but had no luck. i'm stuck as i've never really dived into anything other than williams. can't be that much different though...

aside from the playfield lights it's all set. plays, scores, cycles and does everything correctly. also, i'm noticing there's lights in the cabinet it looks like. under the playfield inside (when you open the coin door), there's 2 lights. one mounted on the "over the top delay", and the other mounted on the "delay". never seen this on williams stuff, looks like it's just to llight up the inside of the cabinet when the door is opened. these 2 lights do not work either.

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from vipertblck:

head has lights, but playfield has no lights.

They each have their own GI fuse. Have you checked the playfield GI fuse?

/Mark

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

They each have their own GI fuse. Have you checked the playfield GI fuse?
/Mark

no sir. where is it located? i noticed a few fuses on the inner left wall when you open the coin door. these are all good. also what is a "GI" fuse?

looking back at pictures, the lights WERE working earlier today, so it must have been something i did.

#4 2 years ago

By GI I meant general illumination. I don't know where they are but inner left wall sounds right. Since all the playfield lights are out it's more likely the fuse or something in common with all of the light bulbs unless you shorted 50 volts to the GI power rail. That could be the fuse, fuse holder, jones plug, etc.. Beware that Bally fuse holders often lose their tension and don't make good contact with the fuse.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

By GI I meant general illumination. I don't know where they are but inner left wall sounds right. Since all the playfield lights are out it's more likely the fuse or something in common with all of the light bulbs unless you shorted 50 volts to the GI power rail. That could be the fuse, fuse holder, jones plug, etc.. Beware that Bally fuse holders often lose their tension and don't make good contact with the fuse.

fixed it! the lower fuse on the inner left wall (6V15A) has a broken wire. blue wire looked ok, but when i went through and wiggled all the solder points the blue wire was loose. re soldered it and it still didn't work till i hit the reset and hit a few targets, some reason that let it all light back up after re-soldering it!

thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-77-bally-kick-off-playfield-lights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.