Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by paulace
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ProFootball V relay (resized).JPG
    #1 1 year ago

Say Guys, the Vari Target Score Control Relay's circuitry's wiring on the Pro Football
    has been tampered with. If anyone might have the schematic, could a pic be taken
    of that circuit? That Relay's label letter is "V"
    I'm going to order a schematic, but I wouldn't mind getting that part of it straightened
    out over the weekend while the bottom board is out. Any assistance would be appreciated. (T)

#2 1 year ago

This what you need?

ProFootball V relay (resized).JPGProFootball V relay (resized).JPG
    #3 1 year ago

Yes. That made it an easy fix. Thanks!

#4 1 year ago

The schematics for the Pro Football came in today, so it's now working 100%,
    but still have a question on where's the 1st and 2nd Coin Chute adjustment?
    According to the schematics, it has 3 females for the single plugin. 2 coins
    for 1 play. 1 coin for 1 play, and 1 coin for 2 plays.
    I see the Extra Chute Adjustment that has 4 females for the plugin, but I
    don't see anywhere the 1st and 2nd Coin Chute adjustment. It's registering 2
    plays for for a quarter, so wherever it is, it seems to be plugged in 1 coin/2 plays.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

still have a question on where's the 1st and 2nd Coin Chute adjustment?

My working assumption is that the schematic shows "typical" coin circuits, not necessarily exactly what your game has. For Outer Space (1972) and Big Brave (1974), I have separate sheets with "supplemental coin chute circuits", which Pro Football probably had as well.
    .................David Marston

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

I have separate sheets with "supplemental coin chute circuits", which Pro Football probably had as well.

Yes. I'm thinking you're right. That era's when 2 plays/quarter was common.
    It came with no paperwork. Just have the schematic from PBR..
    I had a Bow & Arrow out in a few different places for years, and it needs
    a freshen up badly, and want to replace it with the Pro Football. I'll just have
    to wire the coin switch direct to the Start Relay so it fires up the machine without
    giving it the 2 credits..

#7 1 year ago

hi guys,
    my pro football EM will power on, but when you start a game, nothing happens. I am totally new and totally ignorant on EM Machines. I've never worked on one.

can someone provide some tips? thank you for any advice/help! I'm hoping to become proficient in EMs, as I now own two (pro football and Big Shot, gottliebs both i believe).

thank you!

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

my pro football EM will power on, but when you start a game, nothing happens

Like many, I'm suspecting the machine hasn't been played for quite some time.
    You need to take your time and go through the Score Reels, Step Up Units, and
    the Score Motor switches (clean and make sure they're adjusted properly) to start
    things off. The one I just went through was pretty clean, but hadn't been played
    for years. Score Reels wouldn't move freely. Step Ups were frozen, and Score Motor
    switches needed a little filing and adjusting. The small Relays with the smaller switch
    blades I use to clean them all, but because them having such close tollerance, I now
    make sure they're switch stack screws are tight and they're blades are adjusted
    properly, and only if needed I clean (lightly file) the switch blades during trouble
    shooting..

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Like many, I'm suspecting the machine hasn't been played for quite some time.
    You need to take your time and go through the Score Reels, Step Up Units, and
    the Score Motor switches (clean and make sure they're adjusted properly) to start
    things off. The one I just went through was pretty clean, but hadn't been played
    for years. Score Reels wouldn't move freely. Step Ups were frozen, and Score Motor
    switches needed a little filing and adjusting. The small Relays with the smaller switch
    blades I use to clean them all, but because them having such close tollerance, I now
    make sure they're switch stack screws are tight and they're blades are adjusted
    properly, and only if needed I clean (lightly file) the switch blades during trouble
    shooting..

thank you for the input. the machine was working well, then all of a sudden, no start game. it didnt sit for years or anything. I'm surprised its doing this, because I've heard if you keep playing em, they stay alive...

i've checked all fuses, and coil continuity, and the coin switch and everything looks good. all wires are solid. I guess next, I'll clean all the switches. there's a thousand of em, but thats em's.

#10 1 year ago

the machine was working well,

With the machine on, what happens if you manually push in the Start (S) Relay?

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

With the machine on, what happens if you manually push in the Start (S) Relay?

where should I look to find the start relay? I'm assuming its not the start button. Sorry, I'm the most new at EMs you could ask for. Apologies in advance...

#12 1 year ago

Check the fuses under the play field with a multi-meter

#13 1 year ago

where should I look to find the start relay?

You'll have to take off the lock down bar, lift the playfield, and the Start Relay (S)
    is on the Bottom Board (the board that's bolted to the base of the machine).
    It should be labeled "Start", and an S on the Relay itself.
    It sounded like your machine was set on free play. After manually activating the
    Start Relay and if it does fire up, manually give the Credit Unit (in the back box)
    some credits. If the Start Relay doesn't fire the machine, slightly turn the Score Motor
    (on the bottom board) counterclockwise to see if the Score Motor will continue turning
    1/3 of a turn on its own..

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

You'll have to take off the lock down bar, lift the playfield, and the Start Relay (S)
    It sounded like your machine was set on free play. After manually activating the
    Start Relay and if it does fire up, manually give the Credit Unit (in the back box)
    some credits. If the Start Relay doesn't fire the machine, slightly turn the Score Motor
    (on the bottom board) counterclockwise to see if the Score Motor will continue turning

thanks for the guidance. I will try that immediately!

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

fuses all check fine. no open lines at all.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

so, one of the fuses (the 15A fuse; its the first one in the line of 3), reads 0.00 when I check continuity. the others read different numbers like 0.132, 0.144 etc....

would the 0.00 reading indicate failure or open line? I've been told that as long as its not reading "OL" it is fine, but this ONE fuse says 0.00 with NO numbers at all.

thanks for any input!

HOG

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

so, i did like you said and manually hit the start relay. no results. machine is on, and when I hit start or the start relay, it is ready to play and a credit is deducted accordingly. however, it will not launch a ball, and no switches on the playfield are active. you cannot manually hit the switches while the game is in "game mode"

also, I turned the score motor like you said, and it continued on its own like you said as well. totally stuck....

#18 1 year ago

it will not launch a ball, and no switches on the playfield are active.

So the ball is down below where it launches, and the score motor keeps running?
    The Ball Unit needs to step up to Ball 1, then the by pressing in the right Flipper
    Button, the ball will launch. Once it's launched, the playfield is alive and points will
    score, Flippers are active, Pop Bumpers are active, ect..

#19 12 months ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

So the ball is down below where it launches, and the score motor keeps running?
    The Ball Unit needs to step up to Ball 1, then the by pressing in the right Flipper
    Button, the ball will launch. Once it's launched, the playfield is alive and points will
    score, Flippers are active, Pop Bumpers are active, ect..

the ball is placed, but the score motor is not running because no switches are active at this time, despite the game being "started," and a credit being taken for the game. the game will not commence; the ball won't launch. the flipper switches are all good with continuity etc...

I guess the good thing is that when I press on the score motor, it finishes the turn on its own, so that is ok...

4 weeks later
    #20 11 months ago

hi guys. I need a Gottlieb A-4893 coil. it is the shooter coil on pro football. anyone have a spare? or know where I'd get one besides marco?

#21 11 months ago

The Pinball Resource...it'll be cheaper than Marco's anyway.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-1973-gottieb-pro-football and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.