• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2B23D919-1606-4A15-BF25-4A9E8452FDFF (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mopar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

A while back, I believe I remember seeing a member owning an AAB version of Loop-the-Loop.
When accumulating added balls, I was interested in knowing where are those extra balls displayed?
I have both versions with the AAB's glass not being in good condition. They're tucked back in storage,
but from what I see on the data base, the backside of both glasses look pretty much identical. Only
difference is the AAB can step up to 7 balls because (I read) it was a 5 or 7 ball adjustment for a game..
I had a glass made for the AAB, but just quick from a photo. It'll work, but wouldn't win any contest..
On 5 ball play (outside maybe a Replay window), anyone knows if the Replay glass is interchangeable
with the AAB version? Can anyone say where the accumulated balls are shown on the machine?
Thanks for any response(s).. (T)
Edit: After looking back, both glasses have 0-9. Might it be possible that the 1-9 is used to display the
added balls? (just determining if I'll go through the machine down road, or maybe nearer future)..

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Try the club thread:

Thanks! That was quick. Especially for the hour.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I rarely sleep when there’s pinball involved.

Haha. Lately I haven't been tired enough to get to bed at a normal hour. Most recently
I've been watching Mannix, and he comes on at 2:00. Actually he's on right now..

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

You might be asking yourself why I'm up right now!

I bet I can answer that question in your own words.

Quoted from jrpinball:

I've been sacking out very early lately

For an older show, Mannix not bad, but my all time favorite, The Fugitive.
Sundays (Monday mornings) at 2:00

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from dmarston:

There is a precedent for that. I mentioned it in my presentation about AABs at Pintastic 2016. I can't remember that game I cited, but I think it was a Bally.

On the AAB version of Loop the Loop, I don't see anything else (from IPDB) that would
show the additional balls that have been accumulated. I'm almost thinking the glass from
the Replay version would work in the Add-a-Ball's when set for 5 balls per game..

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Another good/fun multiplayer AAB game is GTB's Big Top.

Quoted from pinwiztom:

but does seem to have backlit numbers for up to 7 balls to play.

Yes, I have a Big Top also, but I'm going to be waiting for a backglass on that, so I'm thinking
about doing Loop the Loop first after I'm done with Lariat which is also a true 2 Player AAB.
The only true 2 Player AABs that I've played is Pleasure Isle and Chicago Coin's Bronco, and
on those a player's added balls need to be played off before it's the opponent turn..
On Loop the loop, read on IPDB that the AAB version can be set to 5 or 7 ball play, so I was thinking
that's why the added 6 and 7 (for balls) were on the backglass. The AAB has the 0-9 numbers (as
does the Replay version for must be the match feature). I was wondering if that's how the AAB version
displays the balls that are added/accumulated. From the 0-9 numbers, minus the 0..
My replay version's glass is nice, and if it interchanges in the AAB version's when set for 5 ball/game,
I'd use that glass until the AAB repro was made.
Edit: I also have Hyde Park set up which is also a 2 Player AAB. It's added balls also need to be played
off before the next player shoots, so pretty sure all the true 2 player AABs are designed that way..

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

They look the same to me except no replay unit window on the AAB glass. I have an AAB Bally "Gold Rush", and the backglass looks identical to the replay version, except no window for a replay unit.

Yea, no Replay window and also the add-a-ball version has 2 additional numbers (6 & 7)
for the ball count. I read that can be set for a 5 or 7 ball game..
I had the Replay version Gold Rush, but hadn't known there was an AAB version.
Looked it up, and it was made for Italy. No pics shown. You should send pics to
IPDB.
AAB, so how far does the ball count go up to? I'd like to sometime see pics if you
get the chance and it's fairly easy to get to. .

1 week later
#17 2 years ago

A little favor would be much appreciated if anyone can
provide a pic of Loop-the-Loop's AAB version Instruction
Card?
Between playing a few games (after it's gone through)
and the Replay's Instruction Card, I'd probably be able to
make one that's fairly accurate, but having a pic of an
original would be ideal..

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Your command is my wish.

Great, Thanks, Perfect! I'm thinking you still have L-t-L aab.
Those are satisfying/recommended high scores?
The Bonus Scores: 200, 180, 160 Those are automatic?
Non adjustable? (T)

#20 2 years ago

I could use (and would appreciate) another favor..
I'm able to get L-t-L Replay schematic (which is on its way),
but I'd really like a copy of the AAB version's schematic..
Might anyone have that schematic? I certainly would pay for a copy..
Thanks for any replays.. (T)

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Replays? I thought you wanted the add-a-ball!

Son of a Gun! No wonder I'm not getting any responses..

Edit: Thanks for any Add-a-Balls.. (T)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mopar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-1966-bally-loop-the-loop-add-a-ball?tu=Mopar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.