Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0874 (resized).JPG
IMG_0873 (resized).JPG
IMG_0041 (resized).JPG
IMG_0040 (resized).JPG
#1 4 years ago

It took a while, but last night my Graphic Designer completed the Fun House bg.
Oddly, the original glass's backing is white, so I produced as original, but on the repro,
seems a little light will bleed through where it should be darkened out, so I'm going
to have gray applied on the back. That will shade out any light where it's not suppose
to be seen through. Not sure, but I wouldn't think white backing was Williams' norm
from the era. (?)
Most likely unlikely, but I had an extra glass made, so if anyone could use a glass, it
came out nice. A couple of the small colors look to be a shade off, but I'm more than
happy with it. Looks to be very limited Fun Houses around.
Now I have a nice glass to go with a decent playfield, and okay of an original cabinet also..

IMG_0040 (resized).JPGIMG_0040 (resized).JPGIMG_0041 (resized).JPGIMG_0041 (resized).JPGIMG_0873 (resized).JPGIMG_0873 (resized).JPGIMG_0874 (resized).JPGIMG_0874 (resized).JPG
#2 4 years ago

.Never seen this one before.nice looking game.

#3 4 years ago

Hey Ted.. Years back before I had internet, despite that it had a chunk missing from the backglass,
I traded the machine in for the sole purpose that I kinda liked its looks. Only later is when I discovered
on its rarity..

#4 4 years ago

VFW has one and I seem to remember it's BG is not the best, so Clay might be interested in your extra BG

Added over 4 years ago:

In checking the VFW Pinball website, it does not list 1956 Fun House in its inventory (anymore).
I know when i attended in 2017 there was one there in the smaller room with most of the other
EMs and gun games, etc.

#5 4 years ago

Thanks, good to know where there's another. Perhaps Clay will shoot an email.
I wouldn't mind asking him a couple questions. The only other one I've seen
(on IPDB) looks as if the playfield has a different basic color (black) than the blue
on mine. The rating comments on there has to be referring to the 1990 Funhouse..

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=fun+house&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#967

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-1956-williams-fun-house-backglass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.