(Topic ID: 277548)

"1950s Bally Baseball Shuffle" Anyone Have One?

By Mopar

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Mopar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0341 (1) (resized).JPG
    #1 3 years ago

I wouldn't mind a little information on a Bally Baseball. It seems to be a pretty rare
    machine, and it is Baseball Theme, but was a little curious on its playability and and fun
    factor. I'm thinking on Two Player, it may be a pretty fun machine.
    If anyone happens to have one or has played one, I'd like to hear. Thanks..

http://www.pinrepair.com/baseball/ballybb.htm

#2 3 years ago

I remember seeing the head or glass for sale before but have never seen a complete machine. Pretty cool.

#3 3 years ago

Yea, It's light scoring, but has close to the same Baseball Player graphic as
    the 1960 Bally Ball Park P&B
    I'm not sure on its year..

#4 3 years ago

It's from 1951. I found the issue of Cash Box magazine where it was announced.

I'd have to guess that its fun factor was deficient, since neither they nor the competition ever made another one like it, as far as I can tell. There were a lot of experiments with non-bowling shuffle alleys, and some ideas were tried several times.
    .................David Marston

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

I'd have to guess that its fun factor was deficient

I must confess I'm a sucker for these oddball games. What some of them lack in pure playability they make up for in charm. It's always fun to visit a collection and play something you've never seen before. If I had Tim's capacity I'd probably have a bunch.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

It's from 1951. I found the issue of Cash Box magazine where it was announced.

Thanks for checking.
    Because of the light scoring and coin slide, I had an idea it was from the
    early 50s, but I know it's side player graphic is similar to the one on Ballys
    1960 Ball Park. The grayish speckled cabinet is also about the same.
    In the 50s, bowlers were the thing. This game probably did get ignored..

IMG_0341 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0341 (1) (resized).JPG
    #7 3 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I must confess I'm a sucker for these oddball games. What some of them lack in pure playability they make up for in charm. It's always fun to visit a collection and play something you've never seen before. If I had Tim's capacity I'd probably have a bunch.

My capacity is presently full Alex, but I'm working on getting the Additions Upstairs
    cleared out so I can run the electric, drywall, ect. and then I'll have space for other machines
    that I had stored for many years..
    I think this game has a chance of being a fun player. On Bally Star Jet, if the player up fails
    to release the trapped Blast Off balls, then they carry over to the next player. On this game,
    what ever pucks remain in the pockets after that players inning has ended, those pucks carry
    over which could make it an okay of a player when playing two players. It'll take a pretty good
    trading piece(s), but still considering..

#8 3 years ago

My son sent this photo to me a few days ago. Did you get this game? Interesting piece.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #9 3 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

My son sent this photo to me a few days ago. Did you get this game? Interesting piece.

That's the machine, but nothing final yet.
    I'm working on it, but not going to be very cheap.
    I have a couple machines sold later in the month,
    so maybe good chance I'll take the chance and pick
    it up. Not only an interesting piece, but I think it also
    has a chance of being a decent player when playing
    two players..

1 month later
    #10 3 years ago

Cool game, did you pick it up?

Diffidently more enjoyment with two players

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from TimL:

Cool game, did you pick it up?

I was heavily considering it, but it wasn't that cheap, and I do have another
    Shuffle Baseball (United 5th Inning, 4 Player), and I'm also putting money
    into 2 of my cars and also finishing off the additions upstairs, so I shied away.
    I still have quite a few other machines in storage I'll be going through once the
    Addition's upstairs is completed..

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-1950s-bally-baseball-shuffle-anyone-have-one?hl=mopar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.