9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 798 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20221020-210948_Gallery.jpg
    baff 2 (resized).jpg
    baff (resized).jpg
    five star (resized).jpg
    topper 6 (resized).jpg
    topper 3 (resized).jpg
    topper 1 (resized).jpg
    bally_prospector (resized).jpeg
    rock1 (resized).jpg
    rock11 (resized).jpg
    rock111 (resized).jpg
    rock1111 (resized).jpg
    Ballyhoo (resized).jpg
    20200429_215840 (resized).jpg
    20200502_003756 (resized).jpg
    20200502_005451 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flukebat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#443 6 years ago

Hey everybody, I'm new here and hoping to collect info on a restoration project. I picked up a 1947 United's Hawaii flipperless machine on eBay last week and I figured that the online community for this sort of thing would be a pretty strong resource. I plugged it in and was pleasantly surprised to find that it almost works! But it does have some issues. I'm going to start with cleaning it up and replacing the burnt out bulbs, missing inserts and rubber rings. Does anyone know what size the small inserts are? It seems like the best fit would be 5/8" but I'm not sure. Also I was thinking about replacing the bulbs with LEDs to use less power and expose the inserts and backglass paint to less heat...is that advisable? If so what size bulbs do I get? I'd really appreciate and info you guys can share! Thanks!

Hawaii (resized).jpgHawaii (resized).jpg

hawaii2 (resized).jpghawaii2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #462 6 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Welcome, Flukebat!

Congrats! Looks like a neat game! Always nice to see another flipperless game in some caring hands.

Here's another opinion for you. I would suggest not for a couple reasons:
    1) LED's were not around when this game was made and would look quite out of place. As BingoPodcast mentioned...

2) PERSONALLY...I wouldn't worry much about the heat because you're not going to be leaving it on day-in day-out for 8 hours a day in an arcade waiting for someone to stuff a nickel in it. Now that it is in your care, it will be powered on far less frequently in the privacy of your home. For the scant minutes or hours you turn it on, it's not going to start warping plastics or burning the house down.
    ...again, just another opinion for you.

Loving the feedback!! I think I agree with you on keeping it as close to period as possible so I ordered new #47 incandescent bulbs to replace the old ones. Now I'm trying to tackle the next most obvious issue... when the coin slide is pushed in to start the game the ball ejectors on the playfield run constantly until I depress the "reset" button on the underside of the machine, which stops the ejectors but the playfield seems to deactivate and the "Tilt" light on the backglass turns on. I cleared all the debris and made sure the sensor switches weren't stuck in the "on" position but that did not help. Any ideas on what could cause that?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flukebat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/%e2%97%8bsome-flipperless-just-came-up-on-cl-e-bay%e2%97%8b?tu=flukebat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.