9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 798 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20221020-210948_Gallery.jpg
    baff 2 (resized).jpg
    baff (resized).jpg
    five star (resized).jpg
    topper 6 (resized).jpg
    topper 3 (resized).jpg
    topper 1 (resized).jpg
    bally_prospector (resized).jpeg
    rock1 (resized).jpg
    rock11 (resized).jpg
    rock111 (resized).jpg
    rock1111 (resized).jpg
    Ballyhoo (resized).jpg
    20200429_215840 (resized).jpg
    20200502_003756 (resized).jpg
    20200502_005451 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcrand.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#495 6 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

P.S. The cabinet looks like it's different than the promo photos for this game:

...and the images uploaded to IPDB:

Just curious if anyone knows what game this cabinet:

...was originally paired with.
    P.P.S. Looks like the backbox is original:

Hi, I am owner, guessing that it is either model 1 or 2 as it appears there were two models of this game, and they may have had different cabs. Jay at ipbd is trying to sort it out. Bought this with Chicago Coin Swing in a package deal and can only keep one. Seller commented someone had talked about a coffee table conversion for it and didn’t want it to have that fate. So really hoping to find a home with someone who will restore it. I just don’t have room.

#496 6 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

I located the "before" and "after" photos of these two restoration projects, posted here.
    As the photos reveal, the Spot Bowler was in need of a lot of love. Jack sent photos in advance so I knew the extent of my undertaking. I found Jack to be delightful. I much enjoy sharing pinball stories with longtime enthusiasts, like Jack. I know that Jack had hoped to sell his remaining games in large lots. Alas, piecemeal sales are more likely and he has probably acknowledged that reality by now.
    The only game which consumed more of my restoration time than this Spot Bowler was my EM Whoa Nellie (Continental Cafe conversion). Who can resist a Spot Bowler, even a half-dead one? Apparently, not me.

Beautiful Spot Bowler, I found mine in horrible condition too. But don’t have the pf touch up skills you have, so just removed the varnish, yes varnish from pf and keeping it well waxed. Also had to remove the blue paint from cab, back box and legs.

#498 6 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

P.S. The cabinet looks like it's different than the promo photos for this game:

...and the images uploaded to IPDB:

Just curious if anyone knows what game this cabinet:

...was originally paired with.
    P.P.S. Looks like the backbox is original:

Ryan,

Good eye. Just found the label in pic below inside side cabinet door. So I have a Beauty of a Triumph. What the heck do I do with this machine? I really can't keep it and would be a shame to part it out or have it junked. Any ideas?

IMG_2500 (resized).JPGIMG_2500 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcrand.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/%e2%97%8bsome-flipperless-just-came-up-on-cl-e-bay%e2%97%8b?tu=dcrand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.