9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 798 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20221020-210948_Gallery.jpg
    baff 2 (resized).jpg
    baff (resized).jpg
    five star (resized).jpg
    topper 6 (resized).jpg
    topper 3 (resized).jpg
    topper 1 (resized).jpg
    bally_prospector (resized).jpeg
    rock1 (resized).jpg
    rock11 (resized).jpg
    rock111 (resized).jpg
    rock1111 (resized).jpg
    Ballyhoo (resized).jpg
    20200429_215840 (resized).jpg
    20200502_003756 (resized).jpg
    20200502_005451 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#78 9 years ago

She's a beauty! I like the transport cocoon.

#84 9 years ago

Hmm, Pewaukee isn't too far from me. Price is right but what's up with that red paint. Well, I guess that's why the price is right.

1 month later
    #112 9 years ago

They called that a Wisconsin roll down cabinet. Made to circumvent some type of gambling law by removing the plunger. Which is odd because I thought the plunger made it a skill game? Anyway I wonder of this one has traveled that far or if other states also had those laws in place. Like NY with the AAB laws.

#115 9 years ago

Here's a Tropicana rolldown.

Tropicana.jpgTropicana.jpg
    1 month later
    4 weeks later
    1 month later
    #138 8 years ago
    Quoted from jjpm:

Haven't seen one of these in a while:
    ebay.com link » 1955 Genco Champion Baseball An Arcade Classic

Very cool, but would be challenge to find all the pieces needed to bring it back.

11 months later
    #152 7 years ago

Has the wrong legs too.

#155 7 years ago

Is this your's Joe? That is a sweet deal.

2 months later
    #159 7 years ago

Wow, this one looks pretty cool.

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

#161 7 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Photo is from the IPDB.

Yes, I noticed that too. Maybe it's the same game as he references the IPDB? Or maybe he's one of those guys that borrow pics? That's never cool but on the upside maybe this one has the correct coin door.

#163 7 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Possibly. But I would think that he would have posted all of his photos in his Craigslist ad if that were the case. I contacted him to see if it is indeed a photo of HIS game.

Let us know. I'm curious.

4 months later
    #174 7 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

Alex,
    please do not post things like this while i am in a buying freeze.
    Thank you
    Jeff

Ha, I hear you Jeff. I'm thankful it's far away so temptation can be avoided.

7 months later
    #177 6 years ago

I just put my Baby Leland up for sale.

janesville.craigslist.org link

6 months later
    #283 6 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

No creepy clowns!

Fortunately I think Genco made 4 uprights if you don't like clowns. A friend once had them all and was starting to complete the Bally uprights. It was neat to see them all lined up together.

Here's a "400". A bit overpriced I think?
    fayetteville.craigslist.org link

1 week later
    #325 6 years ago

Tom Taylor has one of the coolest pinball collections I have had the privilege of visiting. It's been a few years and he is always changing things up. So not sure it's still relevant. Anyway he used to have a bunch of bagatelles hanging up on the walls and in the bathroom. It looked so cool I contemplated collecting them myself.

And Dirtflipper who is a Gottlieb nut, I believe has a Baffle Ball home game. Because why not?

#326 6 years ago

Here's a pretty nice looking 1936 Bally Bumper. Seems to be the 1930s game that comes up the most for sale but I like it.

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

#330 6 years ago

Did I post this one before? I may have. I wondered about the cab colors but never checked IPDB to verify. Anyway in my area it seems if a 1930s game comes up for sale about 80% of the time it's a Bumper for some reason.

Quoted from way2wyrd:

he is getting better on his asking price. NIce machine tho i think the colors are wrong. FIrst machine with bumpers i think,
    Id wrangle a deal if i was closer
    --Jeff

#358 6 years ago

So many rules now. We need to ask Pin-it what's acceptable? Where is that guy anyway? He pops in every couple years it seems.

#367 6 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

Among my favorite art packages is that of Genco Metro. Here's a Metro playfield for sale on eBay.
    ebay.com link » 1934 Genco Metro Pinball Game Top
    https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/-LsAAOSwBV5adLld/s-l1600.jpg

It is pretty. I can't think of Metro without associating it with Russ Jensen.

#380 6 years ago

I like it. I've seen similar tables but nothing quite like that one.

All the images I could find of the style I'm thinking of were in Europe. I have seen something similar to this for sale locally more than once. No idea how you play?

20170729_154334 (resized).jpg20170729_154334 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #405 6 years ago

There was a 1933 Genco 42nd Street on Milwaukee Craigslist yesterday for $60. Looked nice. I was so excited but you just know a deal like that rarely works out.

#407 6 years ago

Yeah, it was nicer than the one pictured. Although the cab had been repainted. Looked nicely done though. One of those that is super cheap and you discover it while your at work. You just know it's going to be gone in a short time and there isn't much you can do about it.

1 week later
    #436 6 years ago

Has an aftermarket flipper kit installed. Seems worth it in parts to the right guy.

#438 6 years ago

I hate to see a game die also. If it was just the legs cut it wouldn't be that big of a deal. It's the missing head mechanicals that make it seem like too much trouble. For me anyway.

1 month later
    #482 6 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

I'm speaking from personal experience with Jack, the owner of these games.

You've gone to see them? I admit I've always been a little curios about this pile of games. I keep hearing they are a dilapidated pile of mismatched wood rails. Must be something in there worth salvaging? Maybe not at his price point?

2 weeks later
    #508 6 years ago

1940 Bally Charm. Name seems fitting.

chicago.craigslist.org link

#513 6 years ago

I see Goofy once in awhile and this one reminds me of it both in colors and design. I like it. If it wasn't 7 hours round trip...

#519 5 years ago

You bought that? Sweet. A neat piece of pinball history. Congratulations.

#528 5 years ago

This looks interesting for the money. Couldn't find it in IPDB.

ebay.com link: Early 1930s Coin Op Pinball Bagatelle Game Vintage

3 weeks later
    #544 5 years ago

This Gottlieb Score Board looks pretty neat. It appears to be missing the coin door.

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

00D0D_5xiMEtRgulx_1200x900 (resized).jpg00D0D_5xiMEtRgulx_1200x900 (resized).jpg

#548 5 years ago

Here's another neat one with some cool castings. 1934 Cannon Fire Jr. at a fair price. This one has it's coin door. Seems uncommon on this era.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/475916836174261

33864164_10205412821478034_2142190590433951744_n (resized).jpg33864164_10205412821478034_2142190590433951744_n (resized).jpg

#551 5 years ago

1947 P&S Tom Tom. This one has been on my short list forever but I won't be able to get up there to get it. At least for awhile. I'd like to see it get saved though as it's such a rare and cool game. More arcade than pinball but it is flipperless and has a plunger.
    appleton.craigslist.org link

00N0N_59T6yKbKeGJ_1200x900 (resized).jpg00N0N_59T6yKbKeGJ_1200x900 (resized).jpg
    #554 5 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Alex!
    I've never even heard of this title before. I can't even figure out what in the world it is! ...besides more of everything I want:

It's in your home state, Alex. With this being so high on your wishlist (and who knows when/if you're ever gonna see one again), I really hope you nab it. Please, at least contact the seller if you've not already. Maybe he'd be willing to hang onto it for a bit if you paypal him a deposit to let him know you're serious. It's worked for me before.
    *begging*
    -Ryan

Tom Taylor has one and I've played it a few times and really loved it. It's sort of like a mini-skee ball with a rotating barrel. I'm not sure how long the gameplay would hold up but it sure isn't lacking in charm.

Ugh peer pressure. I've been mulling it over. Half thinking I need to make a move and half hoping somebody else grabs it. I like to let destiny play a role sometimes. If it's still lingering for some crazy reason in another week it may be meant for me. It can't be a priority for me before then so that's how it's going to be anyway. If someone else gets it, it's ok. As long as they don't make furniture out of it. I've had some previous grails come and go and the world is still turning. It does need some work but looks to be mostly there and worth the trouble I think.

Hey Ryan you've never been afraid of a road trip.

1 week later
    #575 5 years ago

$85 BIN Jiggers. Dang needs a little love but for under $100 how can you go wrong. Lists a shipping price but looks like pickup only in Alexandria, VA.

ebay.com link: Vintage JIGGERS Pin Ball Machine Local Pickup

#589 5 years ago

Looks really cool. Not $4k cool, but cool nonetheless.

1 week later
    #602 5 years ago

Whizz Bang for $350 in Chicago. Very dry looking. I bet it would really soak up a new coat of finish but could be a nice transformation.

4 weeks later
    #630 5 years ago

Nice looking game for the money. 1940 Exhibit Star Lite. $300
    https://us.letgo.com/en/i/pinball-machine_0eb21457-b3a6-4fe7-8847-332694d76af5

7 months later
    3 months later
    #707 4 years ago

Here's a neat project. Cannon Fire Jr. in South Chicago.

00l0l_jYA7EtScSyL_1200x900 (resized).jpg00l0l_jYA7EtScSyL_1200x900 (resized).jpg
    1 year later
    #783 3 years ago

Here's an attractive game. Looks like it would be something Cait001 would have in her collection. Says it's from Cincinnati but looks English or German to me? Also l imagine this had lock instead of a latch on it originally.
    https://www.ebth.com/items/12081775-coney-island-wondermatic-wooden-tabletop-penny-pinball-machine-1920s-1930s

4 months later
    #787 3 years ago

1936 Bally Bumper at a good price.
    minneapolis.craigslist.org link

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/%e2%97%8bsome-flipperless-just-came-up-on-cl-e-bay%e2%97%8b?tu=alexf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.