9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 798 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20221020-210948_Gallery.jpg
    baff 2 (resized).jpg
    baff (resized).jpg
    five star (resized).jpg
    topper 6 (resized).jpg
    topper 3 (resized).jpg
    topper 1 (resized).jpg
    bally_prospector (resized).jpeg
    rock1 (resized).jpg
    rock11 (resized).jpg
    rock111 (resized).jpg
    rock1111 (resized).jpg
    Ballyhoo (resized).jpg
    20200429_215840 (resized).jpg
    20200502_003756 (resized).jpg
    20200502_005451 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stoomer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#255 6 years ago

RYAN Claytor Well you've done it...gone and driven me out of my lurker's cave and made me make a post on Spinside.

I just had to commend you publicly on your love of, and dedication to the flipperless pin world. These beauties are underappreciated and run the risk of being forgotten if it wasn't for the work of you and a handful of others.

Keep the faith Brothers!!

OH!! And go buy that Midget Racer!! Cool game...but aren't they all...

Sean Kavanagh

1 week later
    #285 6 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Amen! It really looks to be in amazing condition, too. I think this might be the "steal" of this thread so far.

Nasco made a conversion games for many of these United titles...Mexico turned into Bazaar: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2849

And many had interesting and unique toys added as part of the conversion...like the "spinning disk" on Bazaar. But they always jammed them into places that weren't really designed for it - like on Bazaar, they stuck it in an old kickout hole.

Check out the "compression bumper" on Madame Butterfly...and my finger! lol
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1505

Sean

#287 6 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

I've been on a low-key lookout for a game with a compression bumper or two. Really neat.
    The spinning disk is pretty cool, thank you for sharing!

Exhibit seemed to use them for a while...I wonder how they worked compared to POP bumpers...

#290 6 years ago

Correct Nick! My finger IS the solenoid in that series of pics! There's two on the IPDB of the bumper, one at rest, the other "compressed".

2 weeks later
    #372 6 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

Among my favorite art packages is that of Genco Metro. Here's a Metro playfield for sale on eBay.
    ebay.com link » 1934 Genco Metro Pinball Game Top
    https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/-LsAAOSwBV5adLld/s-l1600.jpg

Uh-oh @ryanclaytor...there's the PF and caps we need for OUR Metro...lol. 400 is very steep for what appears to be a PF with a de-populated underside. I've emailed the seller...we'll see what happens...

Sean

3 weeks later
    #418 6 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Here's another interesting ad, this time for Williams' last flipperless game:
    1947 Williams "Bonanza":
    westernmass.craigslist.org link
    ...in a different cab! Can anyone identify the cab this was swapped into?

Looks like IPDB (and the original flyer) show the game with a pegasus on the cab:

That's a cab for Ginger: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1008

My Bonanza has a pegasus cab...also used on 51 Hayburners. The coolest thing about this era games is the schematic is built right into the circuit board - check out my pic of the interior of Bonanza: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=346&picno=53925

That games in nice shape for 250...especially the BG - but it's got the added flippers. Understandable, but always a bummer...

Sean

#423 6 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

1940 Genco "Four Roses"
    philadelphia.craigslist.org link
    "Circa 1948 Genco "Four Roses" pinball machine
    Complete and last used 10 years ago.
    Playfield is clean, no serious signs of wear.
    Backlight is clean little separation
    Coin receiver works
    All playfield bumpers work(ed) last time out.
    Needs playfield glass and front wood rail that holds glass in."
    They're asking $1200. No pix in the ad. This one's from IPDB:

Hey @ryanclaytor....I was under the impression that only Metro used those "liberty bell" style bumpers...then came along Four Roses!! So I went and looked...turns out they used those on 5 games in a row, with this Four Roses being the last.

So maybe finding bumpers for the Metro will be a little easier - never heard back from that Metro PF wall hanger those ebayers wanted 500 for...and it didn't sell. Ces't la vie I guess....

Dude Ranch - Four roses all used those - snip from IPDB:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 week later
    #449 6 years ago

Unfortunately, no - get a set of calipers to measure accurately, then contact the Pinball Resource to see if they have that size. That said, are you certain that the inserts are no under the playfield, stuck under something on the bottom of the game? I realize the bottom of the game is probably pretty empty, but you'd be surprised with how much junk can accumulate in the bottom of the game. You may be able to push one of the other inserts out from underneath the playfield (through the top) to make measuring easier and more accurate, but using a caliper on top of the playfield should be good enough.

What type of inserts are in that game? They might be the "tiddlywink" style, as I call them, that are just disks without the cylinder-type flange we are used to in more modern EMs. If the OP strikes out with the cabinet search, and Pinball Resource, please send me a PM and I might have some of those for you...

Sean

1 month later
    #500 6 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I heard back from Jay at IPDB already. Despite STILL being in the throws of correcting the site mishap of this past week, he's still returning my email. Good guy. Anyhow, he rightfully pointed out that the pictures shown above were from a GENCO "Cadillac", not the conversion game by Sullivan Nolan. Darn it...thought we had another undocumented gem here. Oh well.
    Because I've Jay's astute observation, I've revised my original post.

Hey Ryan...you had me confused with your first post...that game Jay had no pics of sure LOOKED alot like I remembered Cadillac looking like, and I sure thought I sent pics...glad it all got straightened out. )

Sean

4 weeks later
    #537 5 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

No report of a flipperless for sale, but rather another flipperless PURCHASED! I nabbed this gorgeous example of a 1940 Genco "Metro" this past weekend and I'm excited it's all set-up and fully-functional in my basement.

Man, this thing is gorgeous. ...and FUN! Cool ruleset on this one with a couple difference sequences and a very early bonus collect (not simply available by draining!).

You are such a Metro slut... ;oD

Congrats Ryan! Enjoy...

Sean

1 month later
    #605 5 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

...another one:
    nh.craigslist.org link
    This time in Raymond, NH instead of Binghamton, NY. This time $300 instead of $1750.

I didn't notice the first one was local...I have a feeling I know who that seller is. If it's who I think, he runs an antique store and when he has a pinball machine it's always priced astronomically...no exception here. lol

1 month later
    #638 5 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Hey, Amber has flippers as well!

Not originally it didn't...unknown whether this one in this ad had flippers added or not...

Hopefully not - they were rarely added in places that made much sense...

#640 5 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

The seller also has separate ads for some of the machines.[quoted image]

Ah-ha!! Thanks! I've been talking to him...he didn't mention the other ads. Which would have been helpful...but he's also not the most enthusiastic seller I've ever dealt with either...lol

And like I expected - that's a terrible place for the flippers...they are right in the way. Maybe if you shortened the distance between the posts adjacent to the flippers it'd be better...what can ya do!

Sean

#641 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pecos:

"5 Old Wood Rail Pinball Machines - $1200 (Rock Hill). These are in good condition,but do not work."
    hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link
    Located near New York, NY.
    Boston has flippers but I don't think you will mind me posting this.

I went and picked up the Boston from this seller yesterday. He is a longtime jukebox collector/parts dealer and a really good guy...his long collecting career made it seem like he's un-enthusiastic like I said, but I think he's just been doing this a while. He got the games in a package so he could get some jukes, and doesn't know pins very well.

The four games he has left have nice BGs, but one, a Genco Victory, is missing the glass, and all the caps. Same story on the caps for Exhibit Grand Canyon. The Baker On Deck is an interesting game from a unique manufacturer and except for some PF wear, in decent shape. The Amber is also decent, but has flippers added as we already discussed. I should've looked closer at them when I was there, but I'm chatty and was busy chewing the cud with Mike.

I made several lowball offers for all the pins, the Boston alone, Boston&Amber, and Boston&OnDeck - but he accepted my Boston only one. Judging by the differences, I'd say he's looking for 100 each on the games that have BGs...maybe a little more for Amber, and the Victory is a parts game, so less on that obviously...

I just have too many games and not enough room to give him what he wanted for them...the Boston is my third example of this game, and the best one as far as condition of everything but the BG. But the BGs on the other two are very nice, and one of the PFs is very rough, so it'll probably be a "make two out of three" type project someday.

Sean

5 months later
    #668 5 years ago

Line-up is cool! I think those Baker games are interesting...never played or even seen one working. They only made a dozen or so pins from 39-41. I have a Salute in the project pile - some pics of it are here: https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2047

#671 5 years ago

Did you play the Twinkle at York year before last? It was fantastic!

I remember the game...I don't know if I played it. I also didn't know it was a Baker game... <kicking self>

I musta been to busy trying to get three in line... ;0)

6 months later
    #719 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

1951 Gottlieb Watch My Line: ebay.com link » Rare 1951 Gottlieb Whats My Line Woodrail Pinball Shopped Beautiful L K

Very cool...I'm restoring one of these right now. Hoping to have it ready for York. :0)

Sean

#722 4 years ago

Sean, I've wanted to play this game for some time. Looking forward to it, if you're able to have it ready!

Incentive! :0) Since there are no inserts on this game it should be doable...I did have to fix some damage around some of the gobble holes and so there's touch-ups to do, but the inserts are what normally take alotta time. I've got the damage fixed - haven't started the touch-ups, but it's minor. Should be able to deliver...

#723 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

How does the scoring work on Watch My Line? I understand the lines giving replays, but what's up with the scoring?
    Is this the final game to be made with a figure 8 playfield, popularized by games like Five Star Final?

I'll have to LYK...I rarely try my games before tearing them apart - I know this is not the suggested method, but I suck at rules.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stoomer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/%e2%97%8bsome-flipperless-just-came-up-on-cl-e-bay%e2%97%8b?tu=Stoomer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.