9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 798 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20221020-210948_Gallery.jpg
    baff 2 (resized).jpg
    baff (resized).jpg
    five star (resized).jpg
    topper 6 (resized).jpg
    topper 3 (resized).jpg
    topper 1 (resized).jpg
    bally_prospector (resized).jpeg
    rock1 (resized).jpg
    rock11 (resized).jpg
    rock111 (resized).jpg
    rock1111 (resized).jpg
    Ballyhoo (resized).jpg
    20200429_215840 (resized).jpg
    20200502_003756 (resized).jpg
    20200502_005451 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DennisDodel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#149 7 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

who ever is bidding against me please stop!!!
    ebay.com link » 1933 Rock Ola Chicago Worlds Fair Pinball Machine Works Penny Arcade Rock Ola
    --Jeff

Uhhhh...you just directed more people to possibly bid against you.

#153 7 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

yeah i know. Its an ugly restore and it might possibly be misdirection!!
    --Jeff

Ah...very clever Mr. Bond.

2 months later
    #160 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Wow, this one looks pretty cool.
    minneapolis.craigslist.org link

Photo is from the IPDB.

#162 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Yes, I noticed that too. Maybe it's the same game as he references the IPDB? Or maybe he's one of those guys that borrow pics? That's never cool but on the upside maybe this one has the correct coin door.

Possibly. But I would think that he would have posted all of his photos in his Craigslist ad if that were the case. I contacted him to see if it is indeed a photo of HIS game.

1 year later
    #188 6 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Someone save this Knockout:
    ebay.com link » Vintage Superior Amusment Portland Or Knockout Pinball Game Antique Woodrail

This has been up on e-bay a few times. For some reason he will not allow Jay to post photos of the game on the IPDB.

1 week later
    #203 6 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

A 1940's(?) Bally "Play Feature"
    ebay.com link » Very Rare 1940s Bally Play Feature Horse Racing Pinball Arcade Game
    The ad heading says "Very Rare" and I'm actually inclined to believe them for once...as I couldn't even find a listing for it on IPDB:

It's a Bally Citation with an altered glass. Was talked about on the Bingo Forum a while back.

1 week later
    #245 6 years ago
    Quoted from Snorzel:

ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=273&picno=24724
    This looks like it on ipdb.
    Great thread love seeing these oldies. I would love to have a Rockola game if the opportunity ever arises

Similar, but there are a few differences. Graphics, tilt etc.

#249 6 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

1935 Automatic Industries "Dealer"
    ebay.com link » Like
    Jimeney...I'm starting to think we might need to make form an UnscrupulousIPDB.org to house all these found images, cause it sure would take a lot of time to ask each of these sellers for permission to post. Maybe that's what this thread is becoming. Ha-ha! Just for instance, here's another game with only a single black and white ad image for the game:

...when there are a couple handfuls of reasonable-quality, full-color images just waiting to be preserved:

Sooooo...who wants to contact this seller for permission and upload 'em to IPDB.

It's better to just send a link to the ads to Jay at the IPDB. He has to contact them directly for permission to post the photos. Some folks will not give permission for various reasons while others are very happy to and will sometimes send other detailed photos to Jay.

1 week later
    #299 6 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Sooo...I'm guessing this is a 1935 Bally "Majestic"
    boston.craigslist.org link
    ...because it's certainly not from the 40's or 50's (as the ad suggests) and there's no pictures on IPDB:
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4150
    Gameplay looks crazy-difficult! ...like every scoring pocket is only accessible from the side, except for that 5000pt jampot that requires you to skate between those upper two holes. That's straight cray!
    BTW, I just realized after staring at this thing for about 10 minutes straight that it is a nautical theme; playfield graphics show a big overhead shot of a ship, flanked by little metal ships for those 200 and 300 scoring pockets (perhaps life boats?). Also, does it really say S.O.L. near the drain (Sh!t Out of Luck!??! *LOL*), or is that a nautical term I'm not familiar with?
    Regardless, enjoy your gander of another title not on the database:

It's the Majestic Jr. http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1522

#300 6 years ago

RMS Majestic YouTube video.

#303 6 years ago

Here's a little history of Hooper's Automatics. Scroll down to see a nice photo of this particular machine.

https://pennymachines.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4312&hilit=hoopers

#312 6 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Astyy! Givin' me a run for my money! Lemme try to keep up with some nice images from a...
    - --- ----- -- -
    1932 Gottlieb "Baffle Ball Sr."
    ebay.com link » Gottlieb Baffle Ball Sr Antique 1931 Baguette Pinball Machine 1st Pinball Made
    ...that doesn't appear to have non-advertisement images on IPDB:
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=131
    ...but my favorite part of the ad is that the title purports this to be a "Baguette Pinball Machine." I think you'll agree that this breaded piece of history has held up quite well over the course of it's eighty-six year leavened life:

Nice find Ryan. If you haven't already, please send the link to the ad to Jay.

1 week later
    #354 6 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I know this is a collective group and I won't pretend to speak for the whole, but in my feelings "Flipperless" pinball games do not include pitch 'n' bats. I enjoy the pitch 'n' bats (and perhaps they deserve their own for sale thread?), but in my opinion they probably don't quite fit into the focus of this thread. But thanks for thinking of us, Astyy!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/em-arcade-games

1 week later
    #381 6 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Okay, so here's an unexpected find. There's not a coin-chute on this thing BUTIDON'TCARE. Check out this amazing piece of pinball history!!!
    jerseyshore.craigslist.org link

I have one of these. Tough game to beat. Very heavy slate.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6104

#384 6 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Wow, yours looks to be an identical layout, but in much better condition. What a cool find. Wish I could play one of these...I've never even seen one (outside of the hobby history books).

Both those statements look to be true! Ha-ha!
    Also...

I sincerely dig that red carpet in your gameroom. Nice touch.

I'm sure my game has had new felt and numbers added sometime in its past.

Unfortunately, my carpet had to be pulled up a few years ago after the basement sewer backed up. Just bare concrete now.
    One of the hazards of having basement game rooms.

#385 6 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Hey Dennis,
    Just a quick follow-up question:

What in the world are these? I was looking at them from every angle in an attempt to better understand them. Are they, like, a little ramp of raised wood? What's their purpose? They're positioned directly behind one of those pigeon hole columns, so it's not as if you could launch a ball off them like a ramp. Are they just glorified diverters? They seem a bit short for that.
    Looking forward to your thoughts on these and how they influence gameplay.
    Best,
    Ryan

The two "ramps" appear to be aftermarket pieces. Either added by an operator or a later owner. The guy I bought it from said that he did not add them. They are crudely cut and of a different type of wood than the rest of the game.
    Being rounded at the ends, they very slightly divert a ball running next to them off to the left or right making it just a little easier to direct the ball into one of the bell scoring areas. Probably not an operator add on for that reason!

2 weeks later
    #410 6 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Gonna see if I can contact them about the S/I card. Mine is totally missing.

The card on the Mystery game at the Tulsa auction was missing a chunk of copy Nick. I took a photo for you anyway and will send it to you when I get to the rest of the auction photos.

#425 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tyamry:

This one was just posted on Seattle's Craiglist.
    seattle.craigslist.org link

Really good price on this one. I sold mine for $1500.00 a few years ago. Mine was not in as good of shape as this one.

1 month later
    #479 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hula:

cincinnati.craigslist.org link
    'Large storage bin full of pinball machines. Over 100'
    And there you have it.

Beware.

#481 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hula:

That goes without saying. The ad leaves quite a bit to be desired.

I'm speaking from personal experience with Jack, the owner of these games.

2 weeks later
    #503 6 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Here's a couple project pre-wars:
    A 1933 Peo "Mat-Cha-Skor"
    ~and~
    A 1934 Bally "Signal"
    $600 for the package deal (I believe) in Lancaster, PA:
    lancaster.craigslist.org link

Says "$600.00 each" in the ad.

#509 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

1940 Bally Charm. Name seems fitting.
    chicago.craigslist.org link

I sent Jay a link to this one. No photos on the IPDB except for a lousy scan of a copy I put up some time ago.

1 month later
    #555 5 years ago

'39 Exhibit 'Chief' on Craigslist. stlouis.craigslist.org link

2 weeks later
    #581 5 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

193(X???) Bally "Rambler"
    Currently for auction on eBay at $117.50 with a day an a half remaining, located in Concord, NC:
    ebay.com link » Bally Pinball Machine Rambler 1 Cent Coin Operated Table Top 1930s
    The example listed on eBay bares no resemblance to the 1936 Bally "Rambler" listed on IPDB:
    http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1914&picno=67952&zoom=1
    IPDB Jay has been concacted. In case Jay is unable to secure permissions for the photos from eBay, here they are for posterity:

Wrong Rambler. This is it. http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6041

#585 5 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

A Beautiful 1938 Daval "Odd Ball" for $500 in Northern California:
    sfbay.craigslist.org link
    In my memory, this is the first example of a Daval-manufactured pingame on this thread. There's also a ton of nicely shot photographs, including one of the serial number (which I submitted to the IPSND - http://www.ipsnd.net/view.aspx?id=1691 ). Jay has also been contacted in an attempt to add some of these to the database:

Nice looking game. Great photos.

1 week later
    #624 5 years ago

Beautiful '38 Exhibit El Toro on e-bay. Check out that angled head. Has backglass animation. Jay has been notified.

ebay.com link: RARE 1938 El Toro Flipperless Pinball Machine FREE SHIPPING

#626 5 years ago

Jay calls them "Reclined Back Boxes". I like 'Slant Heads' or 'Slope Heads', but they both sound racist now that I think about it.

Here's a list of games with "Reclined Back Boxes" on the IPDB. Many of them also have animated backglasses.

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?ft=reclined+back+box&sortby=name&searchtype=advanced

1 year later
    #747 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

This one looks interesting. Anybody know the title?
    losangeles.craigslist.org link[quoted image]

Gtb. Merry-Go-Round. Printed at the top of the playfield. https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3104

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DennisDodel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/%e2%97%8bsome-flipperless-just-came-up-on-cl-e-bay%e2%97%8b?tu=DennisDodel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.