9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 798 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20221020-210948_Gallery.jpg
    baff 2 (resized).jpg
    baff (resized).jpg
    five star (resized).jpg
    topper 6 (resized).jpg
    topper 3 (resized).jpg
    topper 1 (resized).jpg
    bally_prospector (resized).jpeg
    rock1 (resized).jpg
    rock11 (resized).jpg
    rock111 (resized).jpg
    rock1111 (resized).jpg
    Ballyhoo (resized).jpg
    20200429_215840 (resized).jpg
    20200502_003756 (resized).jpg
    20200502_005451 (resized).jpg
    There are 798 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 16.
    #701 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spyder138:

Bally Signal listed for sale in Sacramento. $450. sacramento.craigslist.org link[quoted image]

Signal, Sr. and Signal, Jr. are very good prewar titles. Nine sequential, mechanical railroad flags activate to advance balls, accompanied by a pleasing railroad crossing bell. Aesthetically attractive Harry Williams design, with that "just one more play" addictive quality.

This one appears to be the larger version (Signal, Sr.). While the junior version is more compact, the senior version is a good choice for collectors who don't mind the larger footprint.

The senior version has a more substantial scoring card casting. This example has the correct legs and the original coin door. At $450, it's an excellent value.

If I didn't already have a Signal, Jr., I would be buying this game.

#703 4 years ago

*looks down from 4500 km away*
    oh yeah, me too.

Signal is a great game, any version.

2 weeks later
    #704 4 years ago

White Sails project $200
    sfbay.craigslist.org link

WSR_1200x900 (resized).jpgWSR_1200x900 (resized).jpgWSh_1200x900 (resized).jpgWSh_1200x900 (resized).jpgWSm_1200x900 (resized).jpgWSm_1200x900 (resized).jpgWSp_1200x900 (resized).jpgWSp_1200x900 (resized).jpg
    #705 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spyder138:

White Sails project $200
    sfbay.craigslist.org link[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Gorgeous game, and good pictures, too! I contacted I_P_D_B about possibly adding these different and better pix to the database.

#706 4 years ago

someone please buy this gorgeous horse racing machine ebay.com link: Vintage Winterbook Derby Horse Racing Coin Operated Game

#707 4 years ago

Here's a neat project. Cannon Fire Jr. in South Chicago.
    chicago.craigslist.org link

00l0l_jYA7EtScSyL_1200x900 (resized).jpg00l0l_jYA7EtScSyL_1200x900 (resized).jpg
    #708 4 years ago

San Fran,Va, Chicago.
    Always hoping something comes up local.
    All three games above are gems.

#709 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spyder138:

White Sails project $200

Very similar in styling to '39 Bally Champion
    White Sails and Chapion (resized).jpgWhite Sails and Chapion (resized).jpg
    see: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1939-bally-champion

/Mark

1 week later
    #710 4 years ago

A pair of Bally Turf King machines. $750 for the pair.

sfbay.craigslist.org link

TK5 (resized).jpgTK5 (resized).jpgTK3 (resized).jpgTK3 (resized).jpgTK2 (resized).jpgTK2 (resized).jpgTK6 (resized).jpgTK6 (resized).jpgTK7 (resized).jpgTK7 (resized).jpgTK (resized).jpgTK (resized).jpg
    #711 4 years ago

Just found a Waldorf Sr deluxe. The photo is a pic from the database not actual. I will post pics. Getting closer to my grail a Stoner baby Leland. Please sell me one

Question, the game has 5 plastic balls in it currently though calls for 10. I did not think plastic balls were original. Does any know the type of balls that were original and who sells those? Also where could I find any documentation to read upon it like an operating manual?

Thanks. Geeked to have found this. It was an hour away from pintastic of course the wrong direction.

01E645DD-B854-4153-8278-18A024C3729F (resized).jpeg01E645DD-B854-4153-8278-18A024C3729F (resized).jpeg
    #712 4 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Question, the game has 5 plastic balls in it currently though calls for 10. I did not think plastic balls were original. Does any know the type of balls that were original and who sells those? Also where could I find any documentation to read upon it like an operating manual?

Cool looking game. If the balls that are currently there seem like a proper size then just stick with that size. Measure it with a digital caliper.
    Marco specialties can sell you metal balls of all sorts of sizes. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/BALL-STEEL?VIEW_SIZE=60&view=card&sortOrder=SortProductField:totalTimesViewed
    For some games I prefer using marbles, and you can get many sizes here https://www.moonmarble.com/c-47-bulk-marbles.aspx
    but there is more variance in marbles, so I measure the ones I get and settle on 10 that are most within a desired range.

1 month later
    #713 4 years ago

On Ebay UK but thought you guys may appreciate the pics of this beauty

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#714 4 years ago
    Quoted from astyy:

On Ebay UK but thought you guys may appreciate the pics of this beauty
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How much?

#716 4 years ago

A 1940 Genco Formation popped up for sale on Facebook in West Lincoln, ON. (44 miles West of Buffalo, NY)
    The advert is titled "1930s pinball machine"
    Nice backglass, decent playfield.
    They are asking $499 (Canadian!) so $380 USD approx

#717 4 years ago

To bad Ski-Hi wasn't in the states.

2 weeks later
    #719 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

1951 Gottlieb Watch My Line: ebay.com link » Rare 1951 Gottlieb Whats My Line Woodrail Pinball Shopped Beautiful L K

Very cool...I'm restoring one of these right now. Hoping to have it ready for York. :0)

Sean

#720 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stoomer:

Very cool...I'm restoring one of these right now. Hoping to have it ready for York. :0)

Sean

Sean, I've wanted to play this game for some time. Looking forward to it, if you're able to have it ready!

#721 4 years ago

How does the scoring work on Watch My Line? I understand the lines giving replays, but what's up with the scoring?

Is this the final game to be made with a figure 8 playfield, popularized by games like Five Star Final?

#722 4 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Sean, I've wanted to play this game for some time. Looking forward to it, if you're able to have it ready!

Incentive! :0) Since there are no inserts on this game it should be doable...I did have to fix some damage around some of the gobble holes and so there's touch-ups to do, but the inserts are what normally take alotta time. I've got the damage fixed - haven't started the touch-ups, but it's minor. Should be able to deliver...

#723 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

How does the scoring work on Watch My Line? I understand the lines giving replays, but what's up with the scoring?
    Is this the final game to be made with a figure 8 playfield, popularized by games like Five Star Final?

I'll have to LYK...I rarely try my games before tearing them apart - I know this is not the suggested method, but I suck at rules.

1 week later
    #724 4 years ago

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bally Skill Parade 1958
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$499 obo
    ebay.com link: Bally Skill Parade 1958

#725 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bally Skill Parade 1958
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    $499 obo
    ebay.com link » Bally Skill Parade 1958

Zero feedback seller, so do be careful.

#726 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Zero feedback seller, so do be careful.

it's pickup only, and purchase is protected, so I wouldn't be too worried. If someone's in the area go check it out.

#727 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bally Skill Parade 1958
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    $499 obo
    ebay.com link » Bally Skill Parade 1958

So I decided what the heck and reached out to seller to see if he'd take cash at pick-up (allowing me to view it and deal in person) and to se how soon he needed it picked up. He definitely wants it picked up sooner than later. We did some back and forth conversation, and I offered him $800 and I'd come out and get it this weekend. He was all for pickup this weekend- but was concerned as he had see this game sell for $4500.....so he politely declined which is fine, but it does give you an indication that he is really looking for a LOT more. My feeling is he prolly would have passed at 1500...

#728 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

So I decided what the heck and reached out to seller to see if he'd take cash at pick-up (allowing me to view it and deal in person) and to se how soon he needed it picked up. He definitely wants it picked up sooner than later. We did some back and forth conversation, and I offered him $800 and I'd come out and get it this weekend. He was all for pickup this weekend- but was concerned as he had see this game sell for $4500.....so he politely declined which is fine, but it does give you an indication that he is really looking for a LOT more. My feeling is he prolly would have passed at 1500...

I'm suuuuuper sceptical he saw a Skill Parade sell for 4500.

#729 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

So I decided what the heck and reached out to seller to see if he'd take cash at pick-up (allowing me to view it and deal in person) and to se how soon he needed it picked up. He definitely wants it picked up sooner than later. We did some back and forth conversation, and I offered him $800 and I'd come out and get it this weekend.

So it's just about the weekend, he wants it gone, yet it's received zero bids? I would maybe follow up with dude and see if he wants to change his mind. Either way, I'm sending him a $300 offer.

#730 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

So it's just about the weekend, he wants it gone, yet it's received zero bids? I would maybe follow up with dude and see if he wants to change his mind. Either way, I'm sending him a $300 offer.

At least maybe if you do that, he will contact me back and take my offer...

#731 4 years ago

That Bally Skill Parade looks like a scam.

They are using the same machine image found on this site.

http://www.pinrepair.com/arcade/bskillr.htm

#732 4 years ago
    Quoted from millertnt:

That Bally Skill Parade looks like a scam.
    They are using the same machine image found on this site.
    http://www.pinrepair.com/arcade/bskillr.htm

The picture on the pinrepair site was taken from the eBay listing. Many images on that site come from various 'for sale' and elsewhere postings.
    It was not a scam as I now own said game.

3 weeks later
    #733 4 years ago

1940 Keeney "Super Six". Looks nice. Not a bad B.I.N. price on it.
    ebay.com link: Vintage Pinball Machine Keeneys 1940 Super Six Flipperless

1 week later
    #734 4 years ago

FS: 1939 Bally Pick-Em Pinball Game, $250 Free delivery to Pinball Expo and points along the way from Knoxville, TN.
    It's listed on eBay also but I'd prefer to sell it on Pinside.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/86046
    Annotation 2019-10-09 144238.jpgAnnotation 2019-10-09 144238.jpgAnnotation 2019-10-09 144238-2.jpgAnnotation 2019-10-09 144238-2.jpg

#735 4 years ago

FS: 1946 EXHIBIT BIG HIT PINBALL GAME, $250 Free delivery to Pinball Expo and points along the way from Knoxville, TN.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/85950

Annotation 2019-10-09 145147-2 (resized).jpgAnnotation 2019-10-09 145147-2 (resized).jpgAnnotation 2019-10-09 145147-2-2 (resized).jpgAnnotation 2019-10-09 145147-2-2 (resized).jpg
    #736 4 years ago

FS: 1947 Williams Bonanza Pinball Game, $200 Free delivery to Pinball Expo and points along the way from Knoxville, TN.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/86086

Annotation 2019-10-09 155555 (resized).jpgAnnotation 2019-10-09 155555 (resized).jpgAnnotation 2019-10-09 155555-2 (resized).jpgAnnotation 2019-10-09 155555-2 (resized).jpg
    #737 4 years ago

Jim is a solid seller. Buy with confidence.

My Rockola 21000 was as described.

--Jeff

#738 4 years ago

Time to buckle in for winter projects, folks! What do you all have in mind for fixing this winter?

I'm doing a bunch of work on my Signal, Merry-Go-Round, Contact Master, a Ballwin machine, a Corinthball, etc etc

1 week later
    #740 4 years ago

someone posted a project machine of a 1949 Bally Hot-Rods... for $2500 USD. I don't know what some people are smoking but this was in the same group where someone tried to post a Super Mario Mushroom World for $6000, then lowered it to $4800... I guess some people hope to find a sucker more than they want the space.

Here's the entry at IPDB: https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1246
    Has anyone played Hot-Rods before? It's a variant of the old "all 5 balls roll down at once" horse race trade stims, but with contemporary-to-the-time replay gambling logic thrown on top.

You select a horse (1-7) with the front knob, insert a coin. 5 balls are loaded in the shooter lane and you send them all out at once.
    Winner slots at the bottom are numbered 1-7, plus a left and right "Blow Out" drains (which you can see someone has taken out of service in one of the playfield photos)
    Get one ball in your bet hole, it's 3 credits. Get more balls in? 5, 8, 20, 40 credits awarded. (good luck...)
    You can actually play up to 7 horses, one coin per horse, but why?

Let's look at the math...
    Assuming we play one horse, assuming the drains are in play, each ball has a 1 in 9 chance of landing in our winning horse hole (0.111 repeated)
    The odds of NOT winning? 8 in 9. 8/9 = 0.88888 repeated
    The odds of 5 outs? (8/9)^5 = 0.5549
    Therefore the odds at least one WIN? = 1 - 0.5549 = 0.445

I'm not even going to look at the odds of the higher payouts for multiple balls in the winning slot, let's look at the expected values:
    5 outs: 1 coin bet, 0 coins won, net of -1
    Expected net value: -1 * 0.55493 = -0.55493

not 5 outs: 1 coin bet, 3 coins won, net of 2
    Expected net value: 2 * 0.4451 = 0.890

The sum expected value of a single try? -0.55493 + 0.890 = 0.335

So just playing with one bet, you are expecting an overall net gain per try.

If you were to remove the outlanes and the odds for a win become 1/7, the net expected value jumps to 0.612!

This MUST have been a poorly received machine because it's not set to make the operator any money!
    If you reduced it to only 3 balls played, THEN the operator would start having profit.

#741 4 years ago

Where was it posted?

2 months later
    #742 4 years ago

1941 Gottlieb "Horoscope" near Harrisonburg, Va. $150

harrisonburg.craigslist.org link

1 week later
    #743 4 years ago
    1 week later
    #744 4 years ago

$90 Gottlieb Marjorie in Connecticut ebay.com link: USED Gottlieb Marjorie Pinball

$800 for a 1934 Drop Kick in unknown working condition seems high but you can make an offer ebay.com link: ANTIQUE COIN OP EXHIBIT SUPPLY DROP KICK BAGATELLE PINBALL MACHINE 1934

1 week later
    #746 4 years ago

This one looks interesting. Anybody know the title?

losangeles.craigslist.org link

00t0t_85BCct332Pw_1200x900 (resized).jpg00t0t_85BCct332Pw_1200x900 (resized).jpg
    #747 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

This one looks interesting. Anybody know the title?
    losangeles.craigslist.org link[quoted image]

Gtb. Merry-Go-Round. Printed at the top of the playfield. https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3104

#748 4 years ago

Thanks! I was trying to make out the name, but it was a little dark.

#749 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Thanks! I was trying to make out the name, but it was a little dark.

Pm sent to seller. Thanks Odin, I will let you know, but suspect its already gone.

#750 4 years ago

1934!

f8dcf5dbcff23cacc44a275dabae47072222219a (resized).jpgf8dcf5dbcff23cacc44a275dabae47072222219a (resized).jpg
    There are 798 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/%e2%97%8bsome-flipperless-just-came-up-on-cl-e-bay%e2%97%8b/page/15?hl=gotemwill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.