11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

You know those games that kick your @$$ on a regular basis? Which one is your favourite, and why do you keep coming back?

#2 11 years ago

Tron is up there. I can have great games on it...but if it's in a bitchy mood you're toast!
    Got to sea of stimulation 3 games in a row last week...goddamn portal is killing me.

#3 11 years ago

AC/DC
    BSD
    LWJP
    FT
    Those games for me always kick my butt.
    I originally bought LWJP to flip but it is so brutal I am keeping it.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Tron is up there. I can have great games on it...but if it's in a bitchy mood you're toast!
    Got to sea of stimulation 3 games in a row last week...goddamn portal is killing me.

Yeah, definitely agree with Tron. Nice and punishing when you miss shots. The spinning disk adds a good bit of random challenge that you really have to compensate for with good flipper control.

#5 11 years ago

Flash Gordon
    Catacomb
    Central Park
    TX-Sector

#6 11 years ago

Tommy. The game kicks my a** on a regular basis, and I have yet to get to the wizard mode. I still love it, though.

#7 11 years ago

Tron, SWEP1, CFTBL

#8 11 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic - owned it for almost nine months and still haven't seen wizard mode yet.

I'd also nominate IM and BSD as pretty brutal @$$-kickers.

Later,
    EV

#9 11 years ago

Creature can surely be a bastard. You can play forever and get a chance to catch him a couple times a game and just whif the shot.

#10 11 years ago

DE:SW

Not the most difficult pin for sure, but my roommate and i are having a bit of an arms race to get the top scores. Takes a bit of work/luck to get into the 400M+ range.

Have to get the top score so you can clam dominance over the old DE:SW board before the new rom hits.

#11 11 years ago

I second LWJP. No mega-points combos or stacked modes here. You have to earn all points, and be able to consistently make ALL pf shots to do so.

#12 11 years ago

Shadow kicks my butt alot.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

Shadow kicks my butt alot.

Amen, brother!

#14 11 years ago
    #16 11 years ago

Pinball. Any. I suck...

#17 11 years ago

Paragon and Flash Gordon

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from ink_blot:

You know those games that kick your @$$ on a regular basis? Which one is your favourite, and why do you keep coming back?

RBION. A real beast. Super deep, tons to do and unforgiving. That right outlane is far worse than STTNG's IMHO.

#19 11 years ago

Tron - Portal is always so close but I always blow it.

ACDC - Challenging and fun as hell.

#20 11 years ago

I've only made it to Wizard mode once on Shadow but I like the mini playfield, the modes, and game play a lot. I've made it pretty far, but have never really beaten Creature but love the theme of the 50's drive in.

#21 11 years ago

Getting to the Sun on Pinbot.

#22 11 years ago

TSPP - embodiment of "challenge", there are so many different things you can do. Lately, I've been trying to get to AI. Embarrassingly enough, this is one that has eluded me. Whenever I get that mode flashing I tend to choke....

Flash - When I just want to get my arse handed to me in a hurry. It can take me less than 2 minutes to be reminded that I suck.

#23 11 years ago

RBION for me.

#24 11 years ago

Yeah RBION can be a little S.O.B. for sure.

#25 11 years ago

My TSPP kicks my ass while entertaining me. The Shadow seems to put up with me while kicking my ass.The Paragon has been unforgiving since the day I rescued her!

#26 11 years ago

Bram Stoker's Dracula and Tron

#27 11 years ago

Taxi has been a thorn in my side from day one. I don't think I have gotten a jackpot for almost a year now. Looks easy.... should be easy... nope. Stupid Taxi.

#28 11 years ago

Paragon, Flash Gordon, and Fire Power (really tough to get multiball imo)

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from Foo:

Taxi has been a thorn in my side from day one. I don't think I have gotten a jackpot for almost a year now. Looks easy.... should be easy... nope. Stupid Taxi.

Geez, your built up jackpot must be huge. What does it max out at, 4 million or something?

#30 11 years ago

LOTR. Yes, I get good ball times, but advancing past Destroy the Ring is quite a challenge for me. I have had the game less than a month, so that is a factor.

#31 11 years ago

IM, AC/DC, BSD, Tron

#32 11 years ago

AC/DC and RFM (set real steep) they both kick my ass

#33 11 years ago

Fish Tales for me, getting jackpots let alone up to super jackpot is difficult!

#34 11 years ago

I'm going to second Flash Gordon, that game was brutal, but great!

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Bram Stoker's Dracula and Tron

I must have missed the "got one" post!

#36 11 years ago

MM, TSPP, Shadow are all fun games that are difficult for me.

Tron is very difficult but not fun for me at all.

#37 11 years ago

Iron Man, Funhouse

#38 11 years ago

LOTR and IM. Well, and TRS, too. TRS being challenging for me to play a game without laughing hysterically at it's ineptness

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

LOTR and IM. Well, and TRS, too. TRS being challenging for me to play a game without laughing hysterically at it's ineptness

#40 11 years ago

BSD. I cannot play the game enough, the simplicity makes it addictive.

#41 11 years ago

The Shadow.

#42 11 years ago

+ whatever on BSD...I have more bad games than good.

#43 11 years ago

Xmen My best is 1 hero away from Danger room and 2 completed Villians
    Taxi haven't hit the jackpot in a while and is over 3 million
    Whirlwind always 1 shot away from the mega door bonus when I try to get it.

#44 11 years ago

Have three of them IM, Tommy, and AC/DC.

#45 11 years ago

Corvette and Shadow. I find Corvette to be more difficult.

I just realized I have a pretty good spread of the top designers.
    Gomez, S.Ritchie, M.Ritchie, Borg, Lawlor, Eddy and some unknown Gottlieb designer.

#46 11 years ago

1. F-14 with lights off almost impossible.
    2. BSD.
    3. BK 2000
    4. AcDc.
    Funny 3 out of 4 SR pins.
    Al

#47 11 years ago

TFTC, after 6 months I still haven't made it to the Crypt Jam.

#48 11 years ago

Shadow- Unique fun pin. Ahead of its time.

My buddy has an IM I like to play. The simple layout works on that as it is wicked fast.

#49 11 years ago

Tron, IM, and TS come to mind...

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/%e2%97%84-your-favourite-challenging-pin-%e2%96%ba and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.