IMG_20131220_162411_648.jpg
IMG_20131220_162356_358.jpg
IMG_20131220_162336_826.jpg
IMG_20131220_162322_189.jpg
IMG_20131220_161904_291.jpg
IMG_20131220_161849_131.jpg
IMG_20131220_161826_597.jpg
IMG_20131220_161813_660.jpg
There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#100 10 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Why were you skeptical at first?... These make the machine come alive even more and added a great effect to it.
Thanks for the post,
Steve
Pinball Refinery

I'm just a fan of mirror blades is all and never had a game with blade art. I love em now and it really fits the theme well!

#101 10 years ago

Thanks Times 2...

Quoted from SealClubber:

I like the fact the left and right aren't identical.

Joe and I designed them to look like the battle was in the movie, just on the outside of Earth....

Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'm just a fan of mirror blades is all and never had a game with blade art. I love em now and it really fits the theme well!

I know the feeling. I like the mirror blades also, but the artwork gives this machine a Great finished look and the lighting effects that I add really make them come alive.

Steve
Pinball Refinery

1 week later
#102 10 years ago

I shipped out your PinBlades with lighting effects today and the Klingon ship is coming soon
Thanks,
Steve
Pinball Refinery

Got them today Steve, looks great! Now have to wait till end of May for the Star Trek Premium.

2 months later
#103 9 years ago

Oke I must be a complete idiot but I have no clue how to install the led strips... Can't find instructions online..

edit:
got it.

1 month later
#104 9 years ago

Bump.... I have these in stock for all versions of the ST machines. You can order them from my website under the store tab..

www.pinballrefinery.com

Thanks,

Steve

3 weeks later
#105 9 years ago

With the current software update how does this mod look during Klingon MB now that the game goes dark. Can anyone post a video?

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

With the current software update how does this mod look during Klingon MB now that the game goes dark. Can anyone post a video?

I'll post a new video with the 1.5 software installed in my STLE...

Thanks for asking,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#107 9 years ago

Steve, Love my pinblades on ST Premium! so my question is are you guys concidering making pinblades for IMVE ?

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Here is a video of the STLE 1.5 version of the Klingon Multi-ball.... The camera shows everything washed out because it has trouble with UV lights, but in reality it's very well balanced and looks great in person.

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Steve, Love my pinblades on ST Premium! so my question is are you guys concidering making pinblades for IMVE ?

We have talked about having these made, so stay tuned .

#110 9 years ago

Will Pinblades for ST Pro be available for purchase at Chicago Expo (avoids shipping)?

#111 9 years ago

Here is a video of the STLE 1.5 version of the Klingon Multi-ball.... The camera shows everything washed out because it has trouble with UV lights, but in reality it's very well balanced and looks great in person.
Steve
Pinball Refinery
» YouTube video

Ya, that video doesn't do them justice. They are a much more mellow purple color in real life not the bright blue as this looks.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

Will Pinblades for ST Pro be available for purchase at Chicago Expo (avoids shipping)?

I can have some of them at Expo for anyone that would like them.

Thanks,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

2 years later
#114 6 years ago

hi there,
i have a stupid question to ask as i have never installed pinblades before. do i need to remove the playfield to install them?
thanks

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

hi there,
i have a stupid question to ask as i have never installed pinblades before. do i need to remove the playfield to install them?
thanks

You can install them with the playfield in place.

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

You can install them with the playfield in place.

But it's way easier to put them on with the playfield out. Pulling it out also allows you to put felt on the sides of the playfield to protect the decals.

You don't have to unplug anything as there is more than enough wiring to stand the playfield up beside the game while you install the decals.

It's easier with help but can be done alone. Just keep a towel handy to place between the cabinet and the playfield so you don't scratch the cabinet.

#117 6 years ago

I read the entire thread.
I wondered what is the best atmosphere/look between this lightened mod and the blackout mod which both work during the Klingon multiball. Unless I am wrong, I can't combinate both, can I?
Thanks

#118 6 years ago

colonel,
The pinblades are lit by a purple LED strip which I have in my machine. The problem is that strip is 100% on- all the time; so it will further wash out your laser during KMB.

I fixed that with my GI_Dimmer mod by running the strips off one of my Aux GI channels. That way I can control the brightness of that strip using PWM for both modes. One setting during "normal" non-laser mode... and one during KMB. This unique to our GI mod; no one elses.

#119 6 years ago

Ok, now I understand this GI mod that I did not understand before.
You have also the black out mod on your machine?
Thanks

Édit: I understand you don't need the blackout mod with yours.

#120 6 years ago

colonel_caverne,

I have the STLE pinblades with pinball Refinery's pinblade lighting system.

The difference is I have Refinery's pinblade lighting system controlled thru my Blackout mod instead of directly attached to the laser harness which is instructed by Pinball Refinery.

Not sure if that answers your question

#121 6 years ago

No effectively. But my problem is I have the game incoming and so I don't know it as well as you.
When the laser lighting is on? Only Klingon MB?

Why the PR kit (pinblades and lighting system) does not work with GI?

sorry for my question, I need to understand how it works to know how I want my game.

#122 6 years ago

The laser is only active during KMB on the LE or Premium. Pro does not have a laser.
Stock machines do not have pinblades or the pinblade lighting kit.
Refinerys pinblade lighting kit connects to the wiring harness of the Laser so that it comes on only during KMB. It does not have a "brightness" setting; it's on 100%.

Things may have changed since I bought my kit - as I bought mine back when the LEs first shipped.

#123 6 years ago

i guess the KMB is factory played in blackout GI or not fully and so you need this mod that also enhance the PR uv lighting system?

Does your mod works with mac application?

#124 6 years ago

Kmb is played in full gi. The gi does not dim in stock machine.

No. My app is not mac compatible. I have no data if it works on emulator.

3 weeks later
#125 6 years ago

Hi,
I would like to buy these uv interactive pinblades for premium. ( the ones with earth and meteorites)
Who can help me please?
Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/%e2%80%a2star-trek-le-pinblades-first-glimpse%e2%80%a2/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.