• 54 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WWE STERN PROMO .jpg
10603756_10153391182314244_1862817376828538630_n.jpg
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Stern Pinball, WWE and the International Flipper Pinball Association are teaming up to sponsor a Worldwide High-Score Tournament on WWE WrestleMania Pro and LE pinball machines.

The tournament is open to players around the world and will begin on July 1, 2015 and end on December 31, 2015.
Players can enter by participating in IFPA-sanctioned King of the Ring events:

- Authorized IFPA members will organize sanctioned tournament events.
- The IFPA will establish the tournament settings for the WWE WrestleMania Pro and LE games used in sanctioned tournament events.
- Authorized IFPA members will submit high scores from each sanctioned tournament event to the IFPA.
- IFPA sanctioned events will take place in commercial locations approved by the IFPA. In-home events will not qualify.
- Authorized IFPA members will post high scores and event photos on the King of the Ring Facebook page.
- All photos must be accompanied by the hashtags: #WWEpinball and #kingofthering and include the name, city and country of the location of the event.
- The player with the highest score will remain the King of the Ring until another player tops the score.
- The player with the highest score as of midnight Chicago-time on December 31, 2015, will claim the “King of the Ring” title, trophy, tickets to a WWE event, and $500 in cash.
- The top ten runner-ups will receive WWE pinball related prizes (signed translites, shirts, and more)

Contact the IFPA for more details, and to get your event involved in the campaign! We'll be keeping a live leaderboard along with any information on upcoming events at www.ifpapinball.com/wwe.

10603756_10153391182314244_1862817376828538630_n.jpg10603756_10153391182314244_1862817376828538630_n.jpg
#3 8 years ago

This sounds really cool. Me want in!

Wait! This isn't one of these Josh Sharpe April Fool Jokes, is it?

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Haha, it's just a warm up routine.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Nope, this is legit. I heard about it before this post. I'm curious to see where this goes. Hopefully there is a cool code update to coincide with the July 1st date, otherwise I am not sure how you would compare scores through the end of the year between old code and new code whenever there is a code update.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Hopefully there is a cool code update to coincide with the July 1st date, otherwise I am not sure how you would compare scores through the end of the year between old code and new code whenever there is a code update.

Just keep using WWE in all the tournaments you can, and you'll always have a shot to win regardless of the code revisions to come

#9 8 years ago

Should be a huge boost to WWE the machine, and locations/operators with a WWE. The prize is pretty legit... and the trophy is unreal.

#10 8 years ago

No one has broken 100M on the local one here. We will have to try hard to approach the scores LesManley has posted.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Replay:

No one has broken 100M on the local one here. We will have to try hard to approach the scores LesManley has posted.

Time to offer that local operator 50% of the $500 pot to loosen the tilt just a litttttttttle bit

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Replay:

I did that on the one on route here too. Just have to replicate that now in a tournament setting...that'll be easier said than done. With bonus maxing out at a potential 24.5 million it takes a ton of work to get big scores. I do remember getting 18 million from winning the last match I won in that game which was nice, but I still was only the USA Champion, never did even get Tag Team Champion during that game.

#13 8 years ago

So in a nutshell stern basically has to pay people to play their wwe game because it's just that bad.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

So in a nutshell stern basically has to pay people to play their wwe game because it's just that bad.

In a nutshell, Stern is offering an amazing prize package in conjunction with a innovative tournament administered by the IFPA to encourage competition and provide fun world wide.

#15 8 years ago

I think the game is great fun and is doing very well on location for me. We are excited about the promotion and look forward to it!

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Just keep using WWE in all the tournaments you can, and you'll always have a shot to win regardless of the code revisions to come

but code changes can make so people that play on older code and or newer code can have a easier time as there can be big changes in game play / scoring.

establish the tournament settings is one thing but what about settings that are needed to make rom ver X better but later one are not needed / end up really braking stuff?

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

but code changes can make so people that play on older code and or newer code can have a easier time as there can be big changes in game play / scoring.
establish the tournament settings is one thing but what about settings that are needed to make rom ver X better but later one are not needed / end up really braking stuff?

That's what I am worried about but I have a feeling it's just going to be highest score at the end of the year regardless of code version. Say I kill it now on the current code and put up 300 million, now a code update comes out that makes things more attainable, adds more features and increases scoring. Suddenly 300 million isn't that big of a deal anymore and multiple people pass my score. It just means that you may have some wasted games if that scenario comes true. We don't know if it will. Maybe we will get an update before July 1st or maybe we won't get one until next year and then it wouldn't matter either way. Who knows. I'll still throw some bullets at it for fun.

#18 8 years ago

Shouldn't be a problem. Stern probably isn't burning the midnight oil cranking out new wwe code.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Say I kill it now on the current code and put up 300 million

or it's like 300 M is some what easy to get but in later code they cut down scoring and it be comes very hard. In older roms showboating had big scores and it seems to have been cut down now.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Time to offer that local operator 50% of the $500 pot to loosen the tilt just a litttttttttle bit

loosen the tilt?

just remove the plumb bob, front legs all the way up, back legs all te way down. Who wants to see 1billion on WWE

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

loosen the tilt?
just remove the plumb bob, front legs all the way up, back legs all te way down. Who wants to see 1billion on WWE

I pity the person that sits through a 1billion game on WWE. Bet that would take 2 hours or more with current code.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

I pity the person that sits through a 1billion game on WWE. Bet that would take 2 hours or more with current code.

I don't doubt you are right. The 200 million game I had was a solid 40 minutes.

#23 8 years ago

My best so far has been 133 million, but the average game is between 50-65. I'm excited that they're supporting the game with a big tournament. It really does need a good code update because some of the high scoring techniques are not fun, they're just practical and slow-going to build a big bonus. This game has a ton of potential, but it's truly a theme that if you're not into it, you're just not into it and nothing will change that. I love my LE, but the Pro doesn't interest me in the least - and that's all based on the theme alone. Anyway, looking forward to this tournament promotion, and will probably be the reason I start getting involved in tournament play this year!

#24 8 years ago

They need a timer for the ring. See Family Guy mini Playfield.

#25 8 years ago

Sweet tournament and a great prize!!! What a game room piece that trophy would be!!!

This will help the game out I think.

#26 8 years ago

Code update maybe in our future? I just got the a pro a couple of days ago so I am still learning the game.

#27 8 years ago

Busy creating dedicated pages for this campaign. Here you'll find a list of IFPA endorsed events that will have WWE in the lineup and be eligible for "King of the Ring".

http://www.ifpapinball.com/tournament_pages/wwe/events

Once we get some results coming in I'll get a live standings page up.

#28 8 years ago

Have enough wwe pins been sold that people will be able to find them in the wild to put up scores? Or will it just be the same few dozen people posting scores?

#29 8 years ago

You can't just post scores in the wild. Only registered IFPA endorsed comps will be eligible for KOTR, assuming they are using WWE for their league or tournament play.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Busy creating dedicated pages for this campaign. Here you'll find a list of IFPA endorsed events that will have WWE in the lineup and be eligible for "King of the Ring".
http://www.ifpapinball.com/tournament_pages/wwe/events
Once we get some results coming in I'll get a live standings page up.

KCAPA 403 Club Tournaments (monthly, 1st Saturday)
403 Club Pinball League (weekly, Wednesday)

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Replay:

KCAPA 403 Club Tournaments (monthly, 1st Saturday)
403 Club Pinball League (weekly, Wednesday)

Email me

#32 8 years ago

Standings page is now "LIVE":

http://www.ifpapinball.com/tournament_pages/wwe/standings

Current King of the Ring - Jason Scheffelmaer with 107,730,480

#33 8 years ago

Tell me how the f--k to advance the bonus multipliers and I will destroy 100 million on my first game, almost guaranteed. Nobody in our local group knows how the hell they work, and I haven't been able to figure it out...

#34 8 years ago

According to the wiki rulesheet on Tilt Forums, you complete the top 5 rollover lanes to advance the Bonus Multiplier.

I actually haven't played WWE enough personally to know.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

According to the wiki rulesheet on Tilt Forums, you complete the top 5 rollover lanes to advance the Bonus Multiplier.
I actually haven't played WWE enough personally to know.

Well, at least that's a lead, so thanks. I think I've been hitting only lit shots and maybe I should be trying to hit the UNLIT ones to light them?!?!

#36 8 years ago

You can also advance bonus X on the plunge. It's one of the rewards from the lights on the ramp from the shooter lane up to the ring.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

You can also advance bonus X on the plunge. It's one of the rewards from the lights on the ramp from the shooter lane up to the ring.

I always do that already.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

You can't just post scores in the wild. Only registered IFPA endorsed comps will be eligible for KOTR, assuming they are using WWE for their league or tournament play.

Is it just on factory settings? Can you play the extra ball? The original post said you were going to establish custom settings that people needed to use in the game, but I don't think I've seen those posted anywhere.

Just knowing how the multipliers work isn't going to guarantee destorying 100 million. That's a very beatable score, but the bonus maxes out at 24.5 so you are still going to have to come up with another 40 million besides bonus to destroy it and that's "if" you can max out bonus on all 3 balls which is easier said than done.

#39 8 years ago

Will you guys be accepting scores from pro and LE versions of the game? Curious to see how they differ at all. Can't wait for this one to get some code love.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Is it just on factory settings? Can you play the extra ball?

The settings are up to the tournament director. We recommend 3 ball play, no extras, competition mode = YES. Things like ball saver time, steepness, tilt setting are all at the discretion of the TD.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Will you guys be accepting scores from pro and LE versions of the game? Curious to see how they differ at all. Can't wait for this one to get some code love.

Yes . . . either version is eligible for the KOTR campaign, as long as it's associated with an existing IFPA endorsed tournament that's properly on our calendar.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

The settings are up to the tournament director. We recommend 3 ball play, no extras, competition mode = YES. Things like ball saver time, steepness, tilt setting are all at the discretion of the TD.

#43 8 years ago

Getting over a 100M on this game is painful indeed. A code update is imperative on this machine. That being said I am willing to enter our league into this if prizes are eligible in Canada, our games are all set on competition play on league nights. IFPA already has our the Die Hard Pinball league dates for the rest of the year.

#44 8 years ago

To my knowledge any IFPA endorsed leagues/tournaments around the world are eligible, so go for it . . . it's FREE!

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

I thought that we HAD to set up the machine with IFPA required settings.

If someone has extra balls set and gives an extra ball every 4 levels, then that is significantly different than another location offering 3 balls w extra balls turned off.

In my opinion, every eligible tournament should be required to set their WWE Wrestlemania machine to the required IFPA settings.

Marcus

#46 8 years ago

Even the tilt setting and pf angle are just massive on the game too, IMO...the thing plays like a 50 VDC EM... it needs a LOT of nudging.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

If someone has extra balls set and gives an extra ball every 4 levels, then that is significantly different than another location offering 3 balls w extra balls turned off.
In my opinion, every eligible tournament should be required to set their WWE Wrestlemania machine to the required IFPA settings.
Marcus

How can they enforce 3 balls w extra balls turned off?

They give recommended settings that people should use and if someone deviates and wins, they are a cheater and suck but technically they could still win. just my 2 cents..

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Marcus

This is logistically IMPOSSIBLE. There are some location based tournaments where the tournament director doesn't have access to the keys to the game, so software changes can't be made.

So far organizers have gone through their best efforts to set the games up to my recommendations, but like all IFPA endorsed tournaments, it's mostly 'honor system' type of shit.

For all I know the results being submitted for any random WPPR event are completely fabricated results. We leave it to our IFPA endorseed tournament directors to hold the ethical line on the tournaments they run to set things up fairly as best they can.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

This is logistically IMPOSSIBLE. There are some location based tournaments where the tournament director doesn't have access to the keys to the game, so software changes can't be made.
So far organizers have gone through their best efforts to set the games up to my recommendations, but like all IFPA endorsed tournaments, it's mostly 'honor system' type of shit.
For all I know the results being submitted for any random WPPR event are completely fabricated results. We leave it to our IFPA endorseed tournament directors to hold the ethical line on the tournaments they run to set things up fairly as best they can.

The difference in this scenario is that players who are playing in a tournament with a TD who DOES have the keys and wants to give one of "his" players the best shot at the high score are competing against players who are playing with TDs who use the recommended settings. So basically players at Crazy Bob's Easy Games Arcade where the tournaments are run with 5 balls, easy settings, extra ball on special, extra ball on replay are going to be the most likely to win.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from DarthXaos:

The difference in this scenario is that players who are playing in a tournament with a TD who DOES have the keys and wants to give one of "his" players the best shot at the high score are competing against players who are playing with TDs who use the recommended settings. So basically players at Crazy Bob's Easy Games Arcade where the tournaments are run with 5 balls, easy settings, extra ball on special, extra ball on replay are going to be the most likely to win.

Unless that tournament director institutes a rule that the WWE will only be played as a 3 ball game, and any extra balls will be drained. That's on the reputation of the tournament director to handle.

I'd say you are far more likely to have someone win by taking the glass off and recording a large score, and agreeing to simply split the $500 pot with the other league members/tournament participants as long as everyone is willing to keep their mouth shut about the the whole thing

This is our first attempt at this kind of campaign, so I'm sure we will learn plenty along the way before the next one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 12.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/%e2%80%9cking-of-the-ring%e2%80%9d-wwe%c2%ae-wrestlemania-pinball-tournament and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.