By PinballGiant

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballgiant.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Okay I just finished up a major GI overhaul on my Party Zone and am having some interesting problems. I replaced J115, J120, and J121 and plugged the board back up. On a standard outlet in my house the MPU (I think that's what it's called. Whatever is responsible for stuff besides basic power) will come on after a couple seconds and reset after a couple seconds and the process repeats and I never can get the game into attract mode. On a higher voltage outlet for my computers I can get the game to boot into attract mode fine and my general illumination is fixed, but when I start a game or run a solenoid test the machine restarts. I'm stumped on this one. Why would my general illumination fix be causing the the game to reset when the solenoids are supposed to fire? When I unplug the GI power connector J115 on the board, I have no GI but my game works just fine...Thanks!

#4 11 years ago

Okay I'll check that out thanks. Would that theory still hold if it works fine until I plug up my j115 for the general illumination? Seems like something has changed now that my gi is wired up...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Walbridge, OH
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Glen Rock, PA
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, IN
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballgiant.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/%c2%bfgeneral-illumination-reset?tu=pinballgiant and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.