• 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 66 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“•NEW MOD•MET - Snake Ramp Kit w/Plastic • NOW 3D - 5 LEFT”

(0 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 68 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WED_5551 (resized).JPG
IMG_6783 (resized).JPG
WED_5354 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 2.26.08 PM (resized).png
IMG_5717 (resized).jpg
IMG_5603 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 5.49.08 PM (resized).png
IMG_20160509_181214718 (resized).jpg
IMG_20160509_181245710 (resized).jpg
WP_20160513_19_23_38_Pro_(resized).jpg
dsc01979_(resized).jpg
dsc01995_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160419_122657_(resized).jpg

There are 637 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 13.
#401 3 years ago

What am I supposed to do?? I haven't heard anything yet.

#402 3 years ago

No disrepect intended but this mod isnt that great i took the plastic peice off it covers the popbumper light and isnt done right in mho if you left some of the plastic clear and not all green i think it would be way better the color is a little off on the green also

#403 3 years ago

The green is right on for my game. It does block the pop flasher and the rollover inserts, but I think the look is well worth it.

IMG_20160102_203609199_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160102_203620877_(resized).jpg

#404 3 years ago

Where it says feed snake in blue that should have been taken out and the green started there

#405 3 years ago

Could you exacto along the snake and peel the decal where you want?

#406 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Could you exacto along the snake and peel the decal where you want?

Good question ill check

#407 3 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

No disrepect intended but this mod isnt that great i took the plastic peice off it covers the popbumper light and isnt done right in mho if you left some of the plastic clear and not all green i think it would be way better the color is a little off on the green also

Thanks for the feedback. Anytime you modify something whether it's cars, motorcycles, pinball machines...your always going to sacrifice something somewhere. We did our best to avoid blocking anything.. for the half a second the ball lives up there.. we think it's fine.

#408 3 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Thanks for the feedback. Anytime you modify something whether it's cars, motorcycles, pinball machines...your always going to sacrifice something somewhere. We did our best to avoid blocking anything.. for the half a second the ball lives up there.. we think it's fine.

Im pretty sure you can make this mod way better imo

#409 3 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

What am I supposed to do?? I haven't heard anything yet.

"Authorize" you to sell a CLEAR plastic or come from Pingraffix, either way I really do not care what direction of comes from. You told me that before Christmas. The whole situation should have been avoided, a CLEAR plastic is not copyrighted not is the mod. I do not mind supporting the hobby and those people who generate parts of any kind.

#410 3 years ago

If you are worried about the decal wearing why not just put mylar over it? Will do the same thing but you wont have to double up the plastics.

#411 3 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Im pretty sure you can make this mod way better imo

@Delta, We completely appreciate your feedback. Sorry the mod isn't everything that you had hoped for. If you would like a refund on the product we would be more than happy to do that for you if you send it back to us.

PinGraffix
1082 Chestnut Street
Valley Stream, NY 11580

If you have any questions please feel free to email gina@pingraffix.com

#412 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

If you are worried about the decal wearing why not just put mylar over it? Will do the same thing but you wont have to double up the plastics.

The decal is already "mylared" (which I removed).
This is to protect the plastic from BREAKING.
As I stated it sits under TWO pop bumpers and flying airballs from Sparky.
It will happen.
The latter is reduced by the improved guard and plastic protector from Stern on LE/Premium versions.

#413 3 years ago

Just installed this mod tonight and I am super happy with it.

#416 3 years ago

sorry, without digging through nine pages of posts... which one should I buy for premium? Seems like you could avoid that question and add a pull down option? I think it's LE, that's why I waited and didn't buy pro, but want to confirm.

#417 3 years ago

Then one for the LE. The premium and LE pkayfieldnis the same.

#418 3 years ago
Quoted from scheiny:

sorry, without digging through nine pages of posts... which one should I buy for premium? Seems like you could avoid that question and add a pull down option? I think it's LE, that's why I waited and didn't buy pro, but want to confirm.

We have a pull down option... LE/PREM are the same plastic

#419 3 years ago

Hey folks
Just wanted to give you all an update.
I have been working on some really cool additions to this mod. These will be actual plastic pieces that will make up the actual "body" of the snake. Here is a rendering of the plastic that will go on top of our mod. Also I am designing another piece of "body" that will go over the top of the ramp where it turns into a U shape and finally a Tail section to really complete the snake. It's really going to look incredible once all the pieces are done. will keep you posted as we go.

Thanks!
-JoeRaptor

Screen_Shot_2016-01-14_at_1.05.24_PM_(resized).png

#420 3 years ago

Bad ass Joe! Cant wait to see the finished product.

#421 3 years ago

Joe that's a great idea!!! My my MET never RIP.

#422 3 years ago

Woah, curious to see where this one goes. Love it when a mod gets ambitious!

#423 3 years ago

Thanks guys ! I think it's going to be killer once it's done..

Ambitious ?? Yes to say the least lol I'm determined to make that snake.
Here is a 3D printed prototype I created here in the studio

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#424 3 years ago

This mod has sold very well and i bought it too because it looks awesome......but i have removed mine because it just blocks the lanes, pops, and lighting too much for me. Personal taste i guess, its an Excellent product, but i would love to see the snake routed differently to avoid pops and lanes. 3d version looks cool.

#425 3 years ago

It looks great Joe!

#426 3 years ago

I really like this mod. My only gripe is it covers the top right lanes insert.

#427 3 years ago

Whoah!! I'd love to see the ball disappear for second and end up at the end of ramp. MET RULES.

This damn snake is growing

#428 3 years ago

I am going to try to make that happen for you..

#429 3 years ago

Interesting expansion on the mod. Highly curious to see the end result.

#430 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Whoah!! I'd love to see the ball disappear for second and end up at the end of ramp. MET RULES.
This damn snake is growing

I was thinking maybe under the ramp and across the right orbit......?

#431 3 years ago

looks good joe

my only suggestion would be to change up the scale pattern so that they actually follow the direction of the snake's body instead of looking like all of the scales are flowing from the bottom upwards

snake_(scale_directions)_(resized).jpg

#433 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

looks good joe
my only suggestion would be to change up the scale pattern so that they actually follow the direction of the snake's body instead of looking like all of the scales are flowing from the bottom upwards
snake_(scale_directions)_(resized).jpg

Good suggestion! However..this is just a rendering and the final product will differ a bit..but still I will pay attention to that small detail and thanks for your suggestion and feedback.

#434 3 years ago

Just an idea / how about making some more snake decals to put on the inner side ramp the snake will be bigger plus a little more animated just a thought

image_(resized).png

#435 3 years ago

Personally, I think they are going to make a ramp "cover" which will turn the top of the ramp into a tunnel.
Works for me, if it done REALLY well, and I won't remove anything.

#436 3 years ago

Decals on top of that plastic and inner side ramp you gotta snake mabey we can get em to make em hint hint

#438 3 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Hmmm..how about both!??

I think its a hit

3 weeks later
#439 3 years ago

I want to order this mod, but I would prefer to do it in one go to avoid shipping costs to Canada. How close are you to finishing the mod?

#440 3 years ago

Actually..we are very close..here is our latest rendering.. ready for casting.

Screen_Shot_2016-02-10_at_3.26.17_PM_(resized).png

#441 3 years ago

Update....This is the prototype middle piece..this the part that replaces the clear plastic with the flame on it at the stop of the U Turn. This probably will change slightly. We shall see..

Screen_Shot_2016-02-13_at_1.41.23_AM_(resized).png

#442 3 years ago

Cool as shit bro, cant wait to see this come all together with a tail!

#443 3 years ago

looks nice, but I'm still waiting for scales pointing in the correct direction like joe mentioned that he would correct (see posts #431 and #433)

#444 3 years ago

Now that some folks have had it for awhile, I'm wondering how the sticker on the ramp is holding up? What's this thing going to look like after a couple of thousand plays?

Is it easy to remove if one wanted to?

#445 3 years ago

Few hundred plays and looks like new.

#446 3 years ago

Looking forward to seeing how this section gets painted and then the complete reveal.

#447 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

looks nice, but I'm still waiting for scales pointing in the correct direction like joe mentioned that he would correct (see posts #431 and #433)

Not to worry.. I remember and The final casting will have scales corrected. You guys are tough crowd LOL

But its awesome that you are..

#448 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Looking forward to seeing how this section gets painted and then the complete reveal.

As well as we are my friend..as well as we..

#449 3 years ago

Looks cool. I will update my game with the new version when you release it.

#450 3 years ago
Quoted from Gusphan:

Now that some folks have had it for awhile, I'm wondering how the sticker on the ramp is holding up? What's this thing going to look like after a couple of thousand plays?
Is it easy to remove if one wanted to?

Who plays a thousand games?

Lucky if mine gets 100 a year.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
$ 199.99
There are 637 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside