• 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 66 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“•NEW MOD•MET - Snake Ramp Kit w/Plastic • NOW 3D - 5 LEFT”

(0 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 68 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WED_5551 (resized).JPG
IMG_6783 (resized).JPG
WED_5354 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 2.26.08 PM (resized).png
IMG_5717 (resized).jpg
IMG_5603 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 5.49.08 PM (resized).png
IMG_20160509_181214718 (resized).jpg
IMG_20160509_181245710 (resized).jpg
WP_20160513_19_23_38_Pro_(resized).jpg
dsc01979_(resized).jpg
dsc01995_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160419_122657_(resized).jpg

There are 637 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 13.
#451 3 years ago

Can't wait to see(and buy) the final product! Good stuff!!! You guys just keep making a great game even better!!!

2 weeks later
#452 3 years ago

Anything new to report?

#453 3 years ago

OK..so yes.. The modeling process is over and now the mold maker has the pieces to make the mold. Which then he will be able to start pouring the resins which when dry..will become our plastic..getting close.

#454 3 years ago
Quoted from Gusphan:

Now that some folks have had it for awhile, I'm wondering how the sticker on the ramp is holding up? What's this thing going to look like after a couple of thousand plays?
Is it easy to remove if one wanted to?

Well...mine has. I installed this mod prior to two Pinball events and have had no wear issues at all. This is after a total ball count of 7,853 balls played. Only thing you can barely see is where the ball tracks but it is from dirt, not wear. One thing to remember is when the ball is coming around the ramp, most of the force is on the side of the ramp, not on the bottom.

My playfield has been sent back to Stern but will snap some pictures of the ramp when it returns. (Stern said they would reinstall my old ramp for me because it already had the snake mod sticker applied). This is a great mod to a great game. Buy with confidence and I can't wait for the new model to be released.

Well done Pingraffix crew...

1 month later
#455 3 years ago

Thanks Burningman....can't wait to hang with you at ALLEntown for i have another goodie for your machine.

Here are the 3 D Plastics I promised.

Brock did an amazing job!!! We will have pictures installed on the game shortly.

These will also be available for sale at Allentown. I will have twenty sets with me.

IMG_5507_(resized).JPG
IMG_5508_(resized).JPG
IMG_5509_(resized).JPG

#457 3 years ago

Shoot, I just bought the old one.

#458 3 years ago

TAg for my wife...I want these now.

#459 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Shoot, I just bought the old one.

for those of you who bought the existing kit..no worries..we can sell you just the 3D part that will attach with double sided heavy duty 3m tape.

#460 3 years ago

When can I order?

#461 3 years ago

Looks great, I can't wait to see photos of the whole package.

#462 3 years ago

OK, NOW you have my attention

#463 3 years ago

I just bought the old one also at the Ohio show. Looks awesome .

#464 3 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

for those of you who bought the existing kit..no worries..we can sell you just the 3D part that will attach with double sided heavy duty 3m tape.

Im definately in for the 3D part to attach to the existing kit I bought awhile back..

#465 3 years ago
Quoted from S3G:

Im definately in for the 3D part to attach to the existing kit I bought awhile back..

Me too.

#467 3 years ago

Can we get a pic of it installed in a game

Thanks, looks nice !

#468 3 years ago

When can owners of the old style order the 3d add on

#469 3 years ago

Looks great. Would love to upgrade out flat set as well.

#470 3 years ago

I want bad! Please let us know when they are available. Great Job guys.
Harley D.

#471 3 years ago

Mmmmmm yes

#472 3 years ago

I'm in!

#473 3 years ago

Hey gang, we've been designing this to fit directly over the original mod. I'm hoping to have test fitting completed by tomorrow and will post pics of these on the game.

#474 3 years ago

Now that is cool. Cant wait to see the install pictures.

#475 3 years ago

Thanks Hooked!.. we should have some soon..keep checking back.. Brock is on the job!

1 week later
#476 3 years ago

Any pics installed yet.

#477 3 years ago

Pics and pricing please.

#478 3 years ago

Still waiting.very nice

#479 3 years ago

Looking forward to the 3D kit when available. Anybody mention adding a third piece at the end like a rattle?

#480 3 years ago

I want the 3D Kit, I already have the standard kit installed. I would love to see some pics of the 3D Kit installed!

#481 3 years ago

I'll take one,

Following

#482 3 years ago

I'm interested in a set as well.

#483 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Looking forward to the 3D kit when available. Anybody mention adding a third piece at the end like a rattle?

Thats what im waiting for, it would look killer!

#484 3 years ago

I am willing to make an immediate "test purchase".
However, I would still like to see the 3D plastic installed on a machine.
I don't care if it just on a Pro, as I can drill the holes if required.

#485 3 years ago

Hey all, sprry for the delay in getting pics. I had to go "back to formula" on the ramp plastic. In the meantime, here's a pic of the plastic by the head.

20160419_122648(0)_(resized).jpg

#486 3 years ago

And here

20160419_122657_(resized).jpg

#487 3 years ago

That looks great

#488 3 years ago

looks great, but my only concern is have you created a "trap point" where an airball can get lodged (on top of the "feed snake when flashing" area)?

#489 3 years ago

Hmmm possibly ... But we haven't had any issues in testing so far here are pictures of the final units that will be on sale at Allentown ...

First come first serve .. At Allentown ..
Thanks
Joe

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#490 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

looks great, but my only concern is have you created a "trap point" where an airball can get lodged (on top of the "feed snake when flashing" area)?

No more so than the original 2D plastic mod I would imagine. If a ball were to get up there, it would be trapped by the light and snake head regardless

I hope you all enjoy! Had a lot of fun workong with Joe on this one. Expect many more team projects from us in the future!

#491 3 years ago

will this mod be available to purchase online?

#492 3 years ago

Great job as always Brock! With you and Joe teaming up we should see some great things.

#493 3 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

will this mod be available to purchase online?

Off their web site, sure.

#494 3 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Hmmm possibly ... But we haven't had any issues in testing so far here are pictures of the final units that will be on sale at Allentown ...
First come first serve .. At Allentown ..
Thanks
Joe

hey joe, what's the price for just the 3D pieces @ allentown for those of us that have already purchased an earlier version of the mod? I believe that hemi from "the refinery" is supposed to be set up next to you guys and I've asked him to pick me up a set and bring it back for me since I will not be attending the show

#495 3 years ago

Parts are now en route to Joe's booth!

#496 3 years ago

Here a pic made by burningman at allentown. Dont know yet if I like it or not. Color seems to be off a little. Would also be nicer I think it the upper 3D part would have come down the ramp more to connect better to the 3D part on top of the plastic.

But it is all a matter of taste. Price was apparently usd 60 but I assume that's for the whole set (I hope at least)

image_(resized).jpeg

#497 3 years ago

I am confused, love this mod, but why not make the top ramp Snake piece curve and connect like the decal did?? Almost think the original works better visually.

#498 3 years ago

I did a blog post with pics and an install video for the mod. Looks great and easy to install.

MOD INSTALL : PINGRAFFIX METALLICA SNAKE MOD 2.0

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2016/05/09/mod-install-pingraffix-metallica-snake-mod-2-0/

Video :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog: http://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/

FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/pbsupernova?ref=hl

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PinbalSupernova

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/pinballsupernova

Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/pinballsupernova/

dsc01995_(resized).jpg

dsc01979_(resized).jpg

#499 3 years ago

Thanks for posting, Wiggy

#500 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Would also be nicer I think it the upper 3D part would have come down the ramp more to connect better to the 3D part on top of the plastic.

Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I am confused, love this mod, but why not make the top ramp Snake piece curve and connect like the decal did?? Almost think the original works better visually.

^This! The way it is now looks like Snake got run over by a dump truck. He's just missing the tread marks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
5,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Green Bay, WI
Sale Pending!
Evansville, IN
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 637 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside