Search the forum

Use the search box to search through all content on the forum.

Click here for a quick explanation of the search feature.

Tip: You may also try your search for 'tron (le)' using Google.

Found 12785 posts

Posts mentioning ‘tron (le)’ ordered by in descending order.

• PIN

What's Tron/Tron LE like? Post #22 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by mykquillion – in Website ‐ Last reply over 12 years ago

I may be forgetting something, but I think this pretty much covers the bases. No, I think that pretty well covers it. And if you are wondering if the end product for the LE is good, then I can chime in. I loved it. I don't even care about the TRON title, and the fact that it is a Disney title, made me worry, but playing the LE, it was awesome. No idea if it's worth that much compared to other machines to get to the Czech Republic, but I had a lot of fun and I don't think it would get boring quickly.

• PIN

What's Tron/Tron LE like? Post #21 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by jarjarisgod – in Website ‐ Last reply over 12 years ago

... has an additional mode + PF changes as well? Has anyone described what they are? The LE has everything the Pro does plus the following: Chrome siderails/lockdown bar/etc. Drop targets ... for the TRON target bank The playfield has silver outlines around all the openings (nothing special but it ...

• PIN

What's Tron/Tron LE like? Post #14 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by scscottc – in Website ‐ Last reply over 12 years ago

Pinballslave... Did you happen to look at the forum post yesterday where Best Buy is now selling pins? They have the regular version of Tron for $4,799. Kinda blows away the seller offering it for $1500 off of the $8,000 LE version. At the very least maybe you can use that as a bargaining point to get a better deal.

• PIN

What's Tron/Tron LE like? Post #5 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by DrAzzy – in Website ‐ Last reply over 12 years ago

both those prices sound high - Tron is still in production, and i'm almost certain the non-LE version is available for less than 6.5k. LE version has more decorations, and some other stuff that doesn ... ); it's one of Stern's better machines. Not sure how I feel about the increased randomness of Tron (from the spinning disk). You should not buy it if you havn't played ...

• PIN

What's Tron/Tron LE like? Post #4 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by gweempose – in Website ‐ Last reply over 12 years ago

That's an insanely high price for a Tron LE. You could probably grab a barely played used one for closer to 6K.

• PIN

Stern's Transformers LE Rumored to be 8K or More.. Post #15 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by gweempose – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

Stern has been keeping a close eye on JJP, and they see what he's charging for WOZ and people are paying the price around 7K-7.5K ... Realistically, most of the WOZ’s sold for $6,500. That’s a far cry from $8,000. I wouldn’t give any weight to this rumor. Transformers or not, 8K is just not a realistic price point. It would be an almost 40% increase over what the Tron LE’s sold for, and that’s just insane!

• PIN

Stern's Transformers LE Rumored to be 8K or More.. Post #9 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by tk375 – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

MGRP: $8000-10,000 but so it was TRON LE

• PIN

Another Stern bites the dust....(= Post #3 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by smassa – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

... just still wanted the TAF as I have for a while. Good for you I hear ya....Tron LE is a fun game but too close to IM when it comes to random action & shorter ... ball times. The other thing I noticed is that about 2/3 of the game on Tron LE was basically Multiball....Dont get me wrong I love multiball action but when your starting up ... soon as the other one ended it kinda loses its feeling of starting something special. Tron LE has a fantastic light show but pretty much on par with CV so I dont really ...

• PIN

Another Stern bites the dust....(= Post #2 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by coasterguy – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

I did it too smassa. AFM will not disappoint. I am very happy to have my TAF in place of my Tron LE. No particular reason just still wanted the TAF as I have for a while. Good for you :)

• PIN

Another Stern bites the dust....(= Post #1 in topic

... TSPP I just got this weekend for a super clean Bally Corvette pin plus a lil $$$. Next week Tron LE leaves & AFM will take its place. I liked the deep rules of Simpsons but like LOTR ... i've talked to who own one its pretty fast & of course its a Bally....(= the AFM/Tron LE debate will have to be addressed later on but i've got a ton quite a few games ...

• PIN

Used TSPP or NIB IM Post #6 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by NimblePin – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

As much as I like TSPP, IM is the way to go to compliment your LOTR! Unless... TRON LE was on the table too! :wink: :D Sorry guys, gotta throw that in!

• PIN

Any cool arcades in Chicago area??? Post #9 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by DarthPinhead – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

http://gallopingghostarcade.com/ Went here pretty cool place. Like 500 arcade games and 6 pins lol. Gweem that brixies was like 2 blocks down so we went and played Tron: LE and had some beer! Met another fellow pinhead who was a member of the Chicago Pinball Mafia. All in all a great night!!! Thanks guys! :D

• PIN

Any cool arcades in Chicago area??? Post #6 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by gweempose – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

http://brixies.com/ I'm pretty sure they have a few pins, including a Tron LE.

• PIN

Back in March 2011 my NIB Spidey! Post #4 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by jarjarisgod – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

A NIB is a beautiful thing! I got to experience it for the first time a couple weeks ago with Tron:LE. Gotta chase that feeling. :D

• PIN

Any Transformer information? Post #25 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by kmoore88 – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

I wont be buying it at that cost. I don't think that $8-10K (MSRP) "quote" in the article was from Stern. Also, I believe the MSRP for Tron LE was $8k. Having said that, the buzz seems to be that Stern will be adding more substance to Transformers and costs could be higher as a result.

• PIN

Massive Tron Review Post #11 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by guymontag451 – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

Tron's got nothing but stellar marks from me right now. It's definitely top 5 Stern pins of all time easily in my book, and I only get to play the pro version on route no LE eyecandy for me.

• PIN

Thread of about to do something very foolish(anyone else done this) Post #14 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by boogies – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

... ownership" was in repairs. My most expensive one was about 1/3 the price of the NIB LE Tron(I have been drooling). There is no doubt, that 3 of my nicer pins would be better ... than the NIB LE Tron. There is 3 times the market for cheaper pins, as more people "qualify", so to resale ...

• PIN

Tron LE finally fixed....Ummm well kinda Post #8 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by TavaLee – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

.....I'm pretty sure most Tron owners are going to have an issues with the disc rubber soon or later.. Have you contacted Stern about it? I dont follow RGP so hearing about it here. Us Tron LE owners will want to know about this. Problem sucks but thank you for sharing.

• PIN

Tron LE finally fixed....Ummm well kinda Post #6 in topic

... easily(i hope) fixed. Ya ive already have that fix taken care of.....I'm pretty sure most Tron owners are going to have an issues with the disc rubber soon or later....seems ... wasnt the greatest thing they could have used. I barely have like 15 games on my LE & it flew off completely.

• ALL

Opinions Wanted Please...IM, Tron, TSPP, or Wait for Transformers? Post #22 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by SealClubber – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

Also the Transformers has a 'new way to play pinball'. I like the current way to play pinball. I wouldn't get a TRON Pro but I would get an LE. The extra music and mode makes me not want the pro at all. I would go with TSPP over IM. If you don't like it, you can easily sell it and get your Transformers later when it comes out.

• PIN

Stern game evolution Post #5 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by Waldo – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

I have quite a few Stern games in my wishlist, but I still don't like the feeling of them as much as the 90's WPC games. That being said I've played Tron quite a few times and love the lightshow/music of the LE and it is a great pin. I'm also really hoping Stern hits a home run with Transformers!

• ALL

Anyone Play Multiplayer? Post #24 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by jarjarisgod – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

Played a lot of 4 player tonight. About 4 hours worth! Had a group of 10 people over to christen the Tron:LE. It was a total blast!

• MO

Tron Mods on Pro model anyone? Post #5 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by markmon – in All modding! ‐ Last reply over 11 years ago

I added the pinball pro sub. It sounds amazing in tron. I also did a full LED conversion of the PRO. Since you're able to use colored LEDs, the LED scheme looks way nicer than the LE version of the game. I also ordered a fiber optic light emitter and 10 meters of 21 strand fiber optic cable. I'm going to try to do the ramps like the LE model. The emitter and fiber cable was about $275.

• MFS

4-Sale !! 2004 HUO ." Ripley's Believe it or Not ! Post #11 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by jarjarisgod – in Pinball machines for sale ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

Same here, That's a great price and i'm sure it wont last too long So did you place your Tron:LE order yet? You liked you were pretty near convinced the other night. Or did SOF take care of your needs for now?

• PIN

LOTR doesn't have to be lonely anymore... Post #26 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by Rum-Z – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

Wow, nice couple of games!! They look awesome together. I need to check out a Tron LE in real life, the lighting must be incredible.

• PIN

LOTR doesn't have to be lonely anymore... Post #1 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by jarjarisgod – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

I finally added a second pin to my collection today... Tron:LE! My first ever NIB and it was every bit as awesome as I thought it ... LOTR starts to suspect something is up. [att=51346,159948] Tron arrives unscathed at my company's warehouse. [att=51346,159949] Tron settles in at my humble abode. [att=51346,159950] LOTR ... and Tron make friends. Eventually they will become drinking buddies. [att= ...

• STN

Can only buy one Stern machine. Which one should it be? Post #6 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by NimblePin – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

Since this will be my only machine forever That makes me sad to hear... :-(( Mr. Binks is right! One might be the loneliest number- but for pins... They will find a way to multiply like the mighty Tribble! [att=51086,159906] Be on Guard!!! 8O As for the post... SM followed by (WHAT!? A TWO way tie!!! :???: ) LOTR and TRON LE... You can't kick any of these greats out of bed! Well... Smassa could! :kidding:

• STN

Can only buy one Stern machine. Which one should it be? Post #4 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by gweempose – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

For me, it would be between TSPP, SM or a Tron LE. You may want to wait to see what is coming down the pipe, though. Both Gomez and Ritchie have games coming out that could be awesome.

• STN

Can only buy one Stern machine. Which one should it be? Post #3 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by jarjarisgod – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

My Tron:LE arrives tomorrow so I can't speak to that just yet, but as of right now I would say LOTR hands down. If this is going to be your only machine forever it will serve you well with it's deep ruleset and great theme. It is just a fantastic pin all the way around. Of course if you don't care for the theme then that all goes out the window. But honestly... Don't kid yourself. Pins are like Lay's Potato Chips. You can't stop with just one! :D

• STN

Can only buy one Stern machine. Which one should it be? Post #2 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by RawleyD – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

Tron LE looks pretty sick.

• MO

TRON LE-D'd! Post #53 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by gweempose – in All modding! ‐ Last reply over 11 years ago

The mirror blades look fantastic on that machine! I truly believe Tron LE may very well be the best looking pin ever made.

• PIN

Tron:LE and Addams Family Gold Post #1 in topic

... Addams Family. On the other hand there is only a single Tron:Legacy entry even though there is an LE of it with more modes, chrome rails/legs/lockdown bar, and ... enhanced lighting. So why isn't there a separate entry for Tron:LE? There seem to be ... enough differences between the LE and the Pro to warrant having a separate entry for the ...

• PIN

Tatmann....IM or Tron? Post #23 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by taylor34 – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

... popular. So, I would keep CV ( on rarity alone ), same with NGG ( Prototype ). Sell IM or Tron as it will be easy to pick these up again if you want to sell ... IM right now is much harder than finding a MM, and I'm guessing that in 6 months finding a Tron LE will be much harder than finding a MM. # of MM I could have bought locally in the ...

• MO

TRON LE-D'd! Post #47 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by NimblePin – in All modding! ‐ Last reply over 11 years ago

Okay! As promised... I am showing as I go! Here are the freshest ingredients for my TRON LE..! Please to enjoy!!! First off... Chrome shooter. Because I hated the drawer pull... [att=50456 ... [att=50456,159860] Is this a Widebody?!?!? :thinking: [att=50456,159861] I hope you all enjoy TRON as much as I have! Hopefully these pics will inspire smassa to keep his ... LE! Oh yeah- can't forget about the Flipper Fidelity kit either! [att=50456,159858] ...

• PIN

Rank the Stern Machines Post #28 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by jimjim66 – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

... . Something seemed lacking, or missing. When I saw pictures and videos of Tron LE, It all came together. Tron LE really looks cool. Tron was meant to glow. Aesthetics shouldn't matter as much as game play ... , but in this case I believe Tron is not Tron without the neon. Biggest difference between a pro and limited edition for Stern. Tron LE will rank as one of Stern's best pins.

• PIN

Tatmann....IM or Tron? Post #8 in topic

... . Would not sell either one. Ya i understand the "new kid on the block" status of Tron & i'd really like to keep both but you just dont get a chance to pull the trigger ... out of the question. Plus the fact that im still waiting to play a fully functioning Tron LE makes it even harder to make a fair judgement but from what Ive seen the only ... thing Tron has on IM is the LE package & light tubes. Would have been interesting to see what a IM ...

• PIN

Tatmann....IM or Tron? Post #1 in topic

Hey Tat since your one of the few I know has both if you were going to keep one what would you keep? I know Tron LE has all the bells n whistles but to me I feel it just does not play as well as IM. Whats your opinion on the 2??? Ive got a hard decision to make tonite & would appreciate your input on each pin.

• PIN

Tron LE "problems" Post #1 in topic

I set up my Tron LE last weekend. I noticed that some of the lights(under inserts) were flickering. The affected lights ... are sending me a harness kit that they say will fix the problem. Have any other Tron LE purchasers experienced this problem? Have any purchasers seen a delay in the shipment of the machine ...

• PIN

Rank the Stern Machines Post #26 in topic

I don't think you understand the strategy of IM yet Drazy....to me it's one of if not the best Stern pin to come out in a long time. Playing a location machine may skew your perception of it but I'm really close to dumping my Tron LE and keeping IM cause I just feel it's the better game. There is strategy in how you need to shoot at the targets with magnets. Watch the PAPA tutorial, you'll get a better appreciation of IM after!

• BUY

Would you consider buying a NEW Capcom Kingpin ? Post #23 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by SealClubber – in Buying and selling advice ‐ Last reply over 12 years ago

Not for that price. I can get a WoZ or a Tron LE for that.

• PIN

Plea to have members post pic in the archive Post #2 in topic

All I can add right now are LOTR pics. Soon I can add Tron:LE pics if necessary. Good idea on putting out the call for pics. There have been many times where I have come here to look for pics of particular pins and either come up empty or been left wanting.

• JJP

Did you buy a Tron/WOZ? Post #11 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by Waldo – in Jersey Jack Pinball ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

It makes me feel like this... Every time I play it!!!!! I want that feeling! Looks like I need to jump on a Tron LE as well....

• PIN

Rank the Stern Machines Post #18 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by MrTilt – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

1- Lotr LE (shaker makes a difference) 2- Spiderman (Top flow and overall package) 3- Tron Le ( Absolute ripper!!) 4- Avatar Le ( Underated, gets played alot) 5- POTC ( They dont make games like this anymore!) 6- TSPP ( No land available for anything else - Packed playfield so they went up)

• PIN

Rank the Stern Machines Post #14 in topic

At least Smassa will be happy! You mean i've finally convinced you to see the light??? :D How are you enjoying your Tron LE....Ive still been tweaking with mine a lil bit but havent had the chance to play it with the new update. I still think it could have been crazy fast if they designed it so a left orbit shot could have flown through the pops. May have been neck n neck with SM as far as flow goes.

• PIN

Rank the Stern Machines Post #10 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by tatman9999 – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

I would rank the ones I have owned SM fast fun never gets old Tron LE fast fun great light show IM Very fast and short games TSSP STOP AND GO,LOTS TO DO Avatar LE great pin not sure why people dont like it. it is much better then the regular LOTR lots to do BDK love the crane FYG funny and a diffrant lay out POTC stop and go Ship is great toy

• JJP

Did you buy a Tron/WOZ? Post #6 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by tatman9999 – in Jersey Jack Pinball ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

I bought a Tron Le and am getting a WOZ to.Loving Tron with the new code. Still need to pick my Shaker up from GAP.

• PIN

Rank the Stern Machines Post #9 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by VegasAlleycat – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

... , great theme, great modes, great speech call outs, lots going on on the playfield) Avatar LE (Yes, I think it is that good! Just my opinion... :) Great art, sounds, shaker integration, fast ... even weaker skill shot) SpiderMan (great full playfield layout, great theme, solid overall) Haven't played Tron although it seems to be getting a lot of love...

• PIN

Rank the Stern Machines Post #8 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by NimblePin – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

... - SM- Hands down- best flow! LOTR- Just an "EPIC" undertaking. Best bang for the buck! TRON- All it is missing is that GEM pop moved 2mm to the left. To get ... THAT good of a game... TSPP- Best challenge/mode variety out of Stern's stable... Deserves the "LE" treatment. IM- Fast, fast, fast! POTC- Sink the Bismarck! Wait... That's not right. :thinking: BDK ...

• PIN

Rank the Stern Machines Post #5 in topic

1. SM....flow & depth that no other Stern offers...great mini wizard mode and near impossible wizard mode to complete...good multiball stacks. 2. IM....simple rules yet very challenging...best sound effects of any sterns 3. LOTR...great depth and pretty impossible to complete 4. TRON.....great light show in LE and best music of all Sterns 5. TSPP....another super deep Stern and great Wizard Mode

• MO

TRON LE-D'd! Post #34 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by NimblePin – in All modding! ‐ Last reply over 11 years ago

I still have a some bulbs left over from that too. I have a 200+ bin ready to go if you are missing some colors Mr. Binks! Pretty much all of them (in TRON LE) are 44's with a peppering of 89's... (Other than the 3 555's above the pop's.) Let me know! [att=49557,159734] "It never hurts to help!"

• MO

TRON LE-D'd! Post #30 in topic

you enjoy those cointakers huh? I usually go with both Cointaker and PL's array... But since TRON LE has the surface mount LED's in the center, I did not need to get my usual ...

• PIN

Tron LE ? Post #60 in topic

Use extra caution handling the glass off a Tron LE. A Florida owner had the glass shatter(disintergrate!) while holding it in his hands. Good news is that I don't think there was serious injury or pieces getting in the machine and, of course, the "Made in America" sticker was undamaged.

• PIN

Tron LE ? Post #58 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by bw1138 – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

What was the problem bw.......did you figure out what was wrong? I'm having trouble lifting the playfield on my Tron LE. I want to try to fix the recognizer problem (it won't move to the left anymore). On the weekend, I removed the lockbar and the glass and lifted up on the apron, but it only moves a 1/4 inch or so before catching. From what I understand, it should just pull up fairly easily. Blair

• MO

TRON LE-D'd! Post #1 in topic

Hello all! Just wanted to give you some updates on my TRON LE... Just finished putting the LED's in! Figures and topper (and knick-knacks), at a later date- ...

• PIN

Multi Ball Mode Craziness Post #6 in topic

Yeah Apollo 13 is the craziest multiball I have ever played. Ditto! Although- (Yes, I am now VERY smitten with it! :roll: ) TRON LE's Disc multiball is fantastic! "LoOk At AlL tHe PrEtTy CoLoRs..." 8O [att=49126,159691]

• PIN

LOTR Problems Again I Swear One More Post #27 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by Shapeshifter – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

That's funny... I thought the new ramps on TRON felt like they had a little more elasticity to them than any Bally/Williams pin that I ... and Golden Lasso to remedy the "trash-talking" on my new baby!!! Well, I haven't played Tron LE but it does look great and sounds great. Where possible I love wireform ramps but maybe ...

• PIN

Tron LE tech update...(LED boards) Post #2 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by VegasAlleycat – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

I'm glad to hear you are back up and running with your Tron LE! I hear the PHOF has one now--I hope to check it out soon...

• PIN

LOTR Problems Again I Swear One More Post #22 in topic

Did the good "Pin-Doctor" remedy the situation with yours Smassa??? Yep looks like my Tron LE is a fuctioning unit finally!!!!!! Of course Stern sending me a opto board that was bad didnt help. Luckily the tech got mine to work. Anyone with LED issues you need to check the wires that connect to the boards & be sure they dont run too clost to a coil. One area to look at is near the left slingshot. Light optics working correctly now too.

• PIN

LOTR Problems Again I Swear One More Post #17 in topic

Get yourself a SM (: (I know what nimble will say). Actually, I would say TRON! :D I thought you meant VUK... Once I heard "ramp" I thought you were going flipper. Sorry Mike! Hmmm... That is an odd one... I actually had to step down my coils in the menu! I am running the OS v 10 on mine... I think all LE's have this pre-installed. That is weird that it is not just one coil... :thinking:

• PIN

Ok all you Tronies.....been throwing down on the LOTR LE all aft! Post #1 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by iceman44 – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

Hit some new levels I haven't seen before...kept me going for a few more hours! Tron Le looks like a lot of fun and hope you guys are enjoying it........ JPOP should have priced that 13 production run a lot higher, he has to be killing himself right now!

• PIN

Tron LE ? Post #43 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by bw1138 – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

Hi all, I'm a newbie pinball owner and my first machine is a Tron LE (#292). I'm experiencing the problem with the Recognizer not moving to the left. I tried to lift the playfield in order to loosen the screws on the motor to fix this, but I can't seem to lift up the playfield. I've removed the lockbar and the glass, but it seems to be catching somewhere. I try to lift up on the apron and I'm basically lifting up the whole machine. Any idea what this stupid newbie is doing wrong? Thanks, Blair

• PIN

Pinsiders? Post #14 in topic

Looking for the latest risque pic from Nimble Sorry TG! I have been slacking... TRON LE on the brain! :roll: So I was playing TRON the other day.... [att=47966,159557] D-A-F-T P-U-N- (Mach-5 outlane!)... S#!T! S#!T S#!!!!!!!T! :x So close... Snurdley, you are one demented pooch! Keep up the good work!

• PIN

Tron Gameplay thread Post #15 in topic

... seem to range from 8 mil to 25 mil and that is usually all I can get! TRON is a harsh mistress... She taketh more than she giveth! I am in awe of the speed ... won't take long!) "Solid and fast" are the two words I would use to describe my TRON LE... (For now at least!) I am sure with the newer/later codes and future modding to ... come- TRON will cement itself onto the top 20 list... If it doesn't... I will eat my identity ...

• PIN

Tron LE with LED and mod. Post #15 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by tatman9999 – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

I only had yellow. Nimblepin did you get your Tron LE yet?

• PIN

Shooter Lane Protector Question Post #3 in topic

One thing that did impress me about the Tron LE is that both sides are protected from Stern. One more notch in the + column for Tron:LE.

• PIN

Shooter Lane Protector Question Post #2 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by coasterguy – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

If the left side is just wood it would probably work there too. Just guessing though. One thing that did impress me about the Tron LE is that both sides are protected from Stern.

• PIN

Tron LE ? Post #1 in topic

Ok guys just unboxed my LE & right near the pop bumpers just above the mini tron arcade unit there is a metal post that looks like it needs a mini post rubber. Just to the left of the lower middle pop bumper. Any of you that have got your have a rubber there or is it just a metal post also?

• PIN

IM over SM??? Fun factor Post #44 in topic

My Rank out of my collection for fun not collectable or $ would be 1.MB. 9.GNR. 17.POTC 2.SM 10.LOTR. 3.IM 11.CV 4.MM 12.Avatar LE 5.wh20. 13.RFM 6.AFM. 14.BDK 7.TRON LE. 15.IJ 8.TAF. 16.FYG

• PIN

IM over SM??? Fun factor Post #40 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by iceman44 – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

That's a nice collection Smassa with Woz no matter what you decide! Based on what Tatman said I guess I might keep IM and SM over MM..... Ok Tatman, since I'm not going for the Tron LE and both of you guys regard SM so highly I'm gonna go SM Nib! As a newcomer, that will give me WOZ, LOTR LE and SM......

• PIN

IM over SM??? Fun factor Post #11 in topic

You realize that if you let SM go, you'll have to change your Avatar right? Thats the least of my problems.....LOL I'm going to wait till I get Tron LE to see how similar the game play is to either IM or SM.....Ive heard its fast like IM but may have some similarities to SM with the 3-bank target & upper flipper shot.

• PIN

IM over SM??? Fun factor Post #6 in topic

... as deep. But still is there a pin out there that is such a blast to play??? Tron LE will be here this week so I may wait to see how it turns out before ...

• MFS

Is $5,000 a good price for a NIB LOTR LE? Post #17 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by iceman44 – in Pinball machines for sale ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

... , Nimble would be the best judge of that for you, since he just bought the Tron LE as well and I know you have seen his masterpiece that he put together on LOTR ... LE! As for NIB's, you will see almost any recent title you can think of available ... SM NIB's from distributors right now? There were 400 of Tron LE and 500 of LOTR LE made and I guarantee you, there will be plenty of Tron LE NIB's available from distributors a year from now!

• MFS

Is $5,000 a good price for a NIB LOTR LE? Post #7 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by iceman44 – in Pinball machines for sale ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

I paid $5250 for my LOTR LE NIB with shaker and free shipping so if you can pick it up I'd say it's a really good deal...... Automated, the place I bought mine from, has them for $5895 without the shaker and same thing for a NIB Spidey......Tron LE is going for $6295..... You won't find a NIB any cheaper or even close to that price.....

• PIN

Star Wars geek in need of aid! Post #7 in topic

Actually that same buddy believe it or not has a NIB Episode one that hes selling. Hes askin I believe $6500 for it if your interested Ill find out for sure. Hes here in Chicag so about an hour from you Holy crap! That's a little more than I'd want to pay for an Episode 1. :lol: Decent HUO's of it go for around $2K it seems. Plus, I could buy a Tron:LE for that kind of money! :D

• PIN

Star Wars geek in need of aid! Post #2 in topic

Best one so far... [att=46377,159431] Wait a minute! Shouldn't you be saving up for 'TRON LE' right about now..? 8)

• PIN

TRON LE in the house. Post #68 in topic

NP your gonna flip for this machine. Knowing you and how you have waited for TRON LE. It is amazing. It is a "Simple" layout but it is so damn intense and crazy ... makes it different. I am thinking of getting the target bag out that is full of Tron Toys to see what I should try and install where. I dunno though I sorta like it open ...

• PIN

I've read the reviews of Tron on the ratings page and RGP and.... Post #32 in topic

... back from seeing HP7pt2 and there is all of this buzz about what I think of TRON! ...waiting for the Nimble review! Looks in the mirror... [att=46136,159391] Nope- that is ... right... :thinking: Oh look, there's Selma!!! [att=46136,159390] .... :whistle: But seriously guys! TRON is awesome... Pro or LE! (Mine will be delivered next week...) I don't have quite the time on it ...

• PIN

I've read the reviews of Tron on the ratings page and RGP and.... Post #26 in topic

... agree with the comparison to WOZ, Tron is overpriced absolutely. I will say though if you think you want a TRON LE I would think twice about waiting. LOTR LE did not sell out. You can ... still get them all over the place. TRON LE sold out to Distributors very ... quickly. Also, their seems to be a ton of hype about TRON in general. I say if you ...

• PIN

I've read the reviews of Tron on the ratings page and RGP and.... Post #11 in topic

I would not say TRON is spidey on steroids as the playfield is more sparse. I would say it is a FASTER game with a very crazy ball that is unpredictable. They are very different. I had a spidey and traded it though. But, I also had a MB, CV, TZ so I do not keep a game just because it has a high fan base. The recognizer does nothing at all.. JUST moves. It is not big deal. LE your paying for Chrome, Lit ramps, and game code changes along with some other stuff. I dig the ramp lights so I am happy.

• PIN

I've read the reviews of Tron on the ratings page and RGP and.... Post #4 in topic

If you had to pick one... Which would you go with... Tron:LE or Spider-Man?

• PIN

Do cliffy protectors change the gameplay? Post #32 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by Cliffy – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

I truthfully expected Mr Laser Dude to tell me the Tron scoop was cut todya but... nope. I'm thinking next week. If not end of July latest. I'll be working on the ramp protectors with Chris Heffner very soon too, well, as soon as his LE shows up :)

• PIN

Do cliffy protectors change the gameplay? Post #28 in topic

Cliffy!!!! When are we gonna see some scoop protectors for Tron? I'm getting my LE next week and want it protected by a hyperthin. On a side note anyone who doesn't use his protectors is putting their pin at unneccessary wear risk. The best protectors on the market!!! Steve

• MO

Upgrading a regular TRON to LE ? Post #1 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by robin – in All modding! ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

I was just wondering, what are the main differences between the regular, the pro and the LE editions of TRON? And would it be easy to transform a regular TRON into an LE one? Is the software different between the three? And is it interchangeable or "locked" like LOTR? Reason I'm asking is because getting your hands on a regular TRON is quite easy, but the LE's are all sold out.

• PIN

TRON LE in the house. Post #62 in topic

... . In comparison to what WOZ looks to be I cannot honestly say that the price of TRON LE makes it a value that's for sure. We have not seen WOZ yet in completion but ... any regrets I think it is a blast to play. I don't think many will be disappointed with TRON LE. I bet when I get the shaker it will even get better.

• PIN

TRON LE in the house. Post #46 in topic

HeHeHe!! I hate being in this position I better call the 1-800 number. Ha! Speaking of temptation... The pics of Tatman's machine are making me seriously consider a Tron:LE since it appears I just missed out on an AFM today. That or a Spider-Man anyway...

• PIN

New led application? Post #4 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by boogies – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

Looks cool - I am so jealous of the Tron LE owners :P Not sure if the circuit boards are good or bad.... Good: Reliability, LEDs = longer life & No connectors = less little problems. Bad: If an LED goes out (uncommon), it will be a harder fix.

• PIN

New led application? Post #3 in topic

It looks great. No ghosting. I like how they look. The game is very fun and fast. What do you think coasterguy? I have about 50 games on mine so far. Have you gotten daft punk multiball yet? That is the mode the regular TRON dose not have. Hit left ramp 4 times to spell Daft hit right ramp 4 times to spell punk. It will play a new tune only the LE has and the ramps are the only think lite up.black out mode.

• PIN

TRON LE in the house. Post #21 in topic

Not sure what is up with the coin door. I don't like it. Just another example of cost cutting. Considering how much they charge for the LE's, I think it's kind of ridiculous. Edit: I just looked at some photos of the regular Tron, and it has the normal door with two coinslots. Now I'm even more confused. :thinking:

• JJP

JJP Whitewood Hotness Post #39 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by VT8man – in Jersey Jack Pinball ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

... around WOZ is higher and the number of "iffy" people are definitely higher on Tron. It seems also that people are trying to figure out what is the difference between ... the LE Tron and the Pro model - after it's release???? Why is that? People are also ... the customers, I think it's working for JJP. Maybe those numbers of the sales on Tron and WOZ might prove Gary's statement. Plus, all you veterans in the pinball community - ...

• JJP

JJP Whitewood Hotness Post #22 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by NimblePin – in Jersey Jack Pinball ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

... 't get to mod anything on this magical pin... Bummer. Get the TRON as well Binksy- whether it be pro or LE. You only live once! Man 2012 is gonna rock so hard ...

• JJP

JJP Whitewood Hotness Post #14 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by jarjarisgod – in Jersey Jack Pinball ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

Patience! This is why I'm keeping plenty of dry powder....the world of pinball is a changin....and with Stern having to adapt there is gonna be plenty of awesome new titles comin down the road fellas... This is why I keep trying to resist buying the Tron:LE with every fiber of my being. It seems like there is going to be something amazing just around the corner. Perhaps we are on the bleeding edge of the next golden age of pinball! WOZ #647

• PIN

Steve Ritchie Post #25 in topic

I dont think Tron is better then LOTR or TSPP It is just different playing... Much like SM and LOTR are polar opposites, but both great games. TRON is a tad bit better than TSPP- and just slightly under SM and LOTR. I am glad I got the LE... No buyers remorse on this one guys! :D

• PIN

Tron LE Video Post #24 in topic

... I might go insane watching those lights...hehe Just got back from Best Buy grabbing the Tron 3D and 3D Dvd player with my......yes, 3d enabled Samsung......have we come a ways ... Pong? Gonna watch the Tron 3d with kids after I hit Transformers 3d tonight at the movies! Nimble, let's see you create a work of art on that Tron LE like you did with the ... LOTR LE.....soften the strobes up!

• PIN

Need help on what pinball to buy? Post #1 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by RobKnapp – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

I have 12 machines.room for one more.All my Pinball are Midway. Should I get Lord of the Rings LE. Spider-Man New last run. Iron Man. TRON LE.I was Thinking LOTR, but then was leaning toward Spider-man.Never played TRON it looks cool.IRON Man is good to.Help me choose.Thank you.

• PIN

Pinball convention & shows list on Pinside Post #6 in topic

So far it (CAX) has been fun!! Got in early- played whatever was running... It seems to be shaping up to be a good show this year! No TRON LE- but a Pro nonetheless! I am starting to climb aboard that WH20 bandwagonraft..! Thanks guys! Now I will be eating Ramen for ANOTHER year or two... :roll:

• ALL

Pinball Themes You Are Amazed Don't Exist Post #52 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by NimblePin – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 10 years ago

... about the frazzled posts! I am still getting over the video of the "Recognizer" on the TRON LE... "Work Time Fun!!!" Right!?!?

• PIN

What pin(s) is next on your radar? Post #40 in topic

Have a trade in the works for a MM. Hopefully I'll have it done around the same time Tron LE arrives.

• PIN

Tron Le production Post #11 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by emo – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

I have a friend with a Tron on order who tells me he has been told the first batch, which includes a few LE's is due in to the UK this month. He hasn't received a definite date as yet so it may not happen. There are no Tron's yet in the UK or in Europe as far as I know, other than one test one in Belgium somewhere. That is why there hasn't been a Pinball News review yet so don't begrudge us a batch. Stern need to keep the market going over this side of the water as well. :applause:

• PIN

Tron Le production Post #1 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by GAP – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

From what I have been told Tron LE's are currently being made for Austria and Canada. US models could start being produced, possibly this Friday or next Week. I am not a spokesperson for Stern, just updating my customers from what they told me. Don't shoot the messenger! :)

• PIN

Tron enters the Pinside Top 100 at #8 Post #35 in topic

Posted over 13 years ago by Medieval_Gofers – in Website ‐ Last reply over 13 years ago

Has anyone else seen the IPDB top 300 recently? Tron is at #1 Avatar Le is at #7 LOTR LE is at #26 Black Spiderman is at #54 While I don't 100% agree with these ratings, I'm so glad STERN titles have been given the break they deserve on the IPDB :D

Found 12,785 forum posts. Currently showing results page 127 of 128.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/search?s=1&q=tron%20(le)&page=127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.