Search the forum

Use the search box to search through all content on the forum.

Click here for a quick explanation of the search feature.

Tip: You may also try your search for 'star wars' using Google.

Found 27970 posts

Posts mentioning ‘star wars’ ordered by in descending order.

• BUY

Star Wars or dialed in??? Post #31 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by jar155 – in Buying and selling advice ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

It's going to be a few months before we can really answer this. First, code on Star Wars has a lot of maturing left to do. Secondly, we'll need to see the premium/ ... LE versions of Star Wars in action to figure out if that or the pro is going to be the ... everybody imagines the premium. We don't know what model of Star Wars will be the one to point to. I've yet to play a Star Wars, but what I've seen hasn't riled me up and ...

• CLB

Stern STAR WARS club...May The Force Be With You Post #417 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by chuckwurt – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply yesterday

Anyone started a wiki on the rules for this game yet? I found that extremely helpful for GOT. http://tiltforums.com/t/star-wars-rulesheet-0-83/2812/16

• BUY

Star Wars or dialed in??? Post #21 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Mfsrc791 – in Buying and selling advice ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

would you rather play with bob the builder or live within the star wars galaxy is the real question? Haha. Love star wars and had fun in the 2 games I played but I just don't want to get sick of the layout after a month. I love dialed ins layout but the price is hard to swallow. Everyone says it's an easy choice with dialed in but the extra money I save could go to other (important) things.

• BUY

Star Wars or dialed in??? Post #20 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Ballsofsteel – in Buying and selling advice ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

would you rather play with bob the builder or live within the star wars galaxy is the real question?

• BUY

Star Wars or dialed in??? Post #18 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Coolpinballdino – in Buying and selling advice ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

Both are fun games but I would get a star wars premium because the pro is very stripped down and the SW le doesn't really have any extra value to make it worth it. For some reason I just don't like dialed in that much it is a very cool looking game but I just cannot like It i don't know why.

• BUY

Star Wars or dialed in??? Post #10 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by MikeS – in Buying and selling advice ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... with either Dialed In model for about $500 more over either SW Premium / LE. Star Wars LE doesnt event come with a real backglass or a shaker motor. A Dialed In ... even a real backglass... Then there's the higher build quality of Dialed In over Star Wars, the better code support, the higher quality powder powder coat, more interactive features ... on the playfield, etc. My goodness. Star Wars looks cool and fun but damn is Stern taking people for a ride when you ...

• BUY

Star Wars or dialed in??? Post #8 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by PanzerFreak – in Buying and selling advice ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... with either Dialed In model for about $500 more over either SW Premium / LE. Star Wars LE doesnt event come with a real backglass or a shaker motor. A Dialed In standard ... is around $100. Then there's the higher build quality of Dialed In over Star Wars, the better code support, the higher quality powder powder coat, more interactive features ... on the playfield, etc. My goodness. Star Wars looks cool and fun but damn is Stern taking people for a ride when you ...

• BUY

Star Wars or dialed in??? Post #1 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Mfsrc791 – in Buying and selling advice ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

There I did it. I started a dialed in or star wars thread. Not trying to start a war between the two because I'm pretty sure most people think both games are awesome. I'm stuck between getting a star wars pro or dialed in le/se.(gameplay is same not sure if I need extra bling yet). What do you guys think? Is dialed in worth the extra 3000 or so dollars? I added a poll for fun.

• POD

The Slam Tilt Podcast - Episode 227 - Better Late Than Never Post #126 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Gizmonic – in Podcasts and video streams ‐ Last reply 3 days ago

Episode 51 - Alex Jones -Pintastic -Where's the Card? -Tournament Fun -Star Wars -Bad Artwork for Steve -A Piece of News -S.T.O.M.P. -Repairs -Mail Ball Bag -We'd Buy That, or ...

• CLB

Ghostbusters Club - We Got One!!! Post #3402 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Who-Dey – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply 4 days ago

... other good choices out there also. You have AS which is amazing IMO, the new Star Wars looks promising, GOT is also really good, and i hear Spiderman is also.

• POD

STAR WARS live on Dead Flip tonight! Post #184 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by PW79 – in Podcasts and video streams ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

What fails to excite me about Star Wars? I think the art looks very Sega & the interactive toy count (0) is unimpressive. Have I played it? No. I haven't eaten Rocky Mountain oysters nor have I played any version of Stern's "The Pin" either. Why? Because nutsacks & "The Pin" look sorta shitty. I feel betrayed by this game... like when E1 introduced Jar Jar. Stern really is my favorite. I'm sure my next game will be a Stern. Not SW tho of course.

• HGR

Let's see pics of game rooms! Post #8886 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by ThatGuy – in All gameroom talk ‐ Last reply today

First time posting in this thread. This is my Star Wars Gameroom. I love Star Wars. I love video games. I love pinball. Let's combine all three! I think my room needs to, has to have a Star Wars Pro, don't you think? [att=3863214,1013068 caption="Stern-StarWars-Pro-Cabinet-RF sm (resized).jpg"]

• CLB

Batman 66 - Official Club Thread Post #3283 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by MK6PIN – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

Alright.....how did a Star Wars Pro get a code update if was supposedly much further ahead than BM66? REALLY wanting an update tomorrow!!!

• ALL

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures! Post #5649 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Jaeg – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply yesterday

Star Wars has arrived! [att=3862934,1012926 caption="IMG_20170712_163613445_HDR (resized).jpg"]

• JJP

Jjp 4- pirates of the Caribbean Post #437 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Rondogg – in Jersey Jack Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... do. It's a pretty long rabbit hole learning about it, but incredibly interesting if you're a Star Wars fan. You'll never want to watch any other version ever again. They did it ...

• TDM

Barb Wire switch problem Post #22 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by littlecammi – in Tech: DMD era games ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

Barb Wire switch problem. I found my problem and all is now working. Glad your problem is solved, but now I have a different Barb Wire switch problem: I'd like to switch my Gottlieb Barb Wire for a Stern Star Wars pro, but I don't think its gonna happen.

• CLB

Stern STAR WARS club...May The Force Be With You Post #398 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Apollyon – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply yesterday

Didn't see this posted elsewhere. If you are looking for more gameplay video of Star Wars, there is a long one on youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkQ8299suCM

• JJP

My review: Dialed In Post #162 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Jeffreyjonesbsme – in Jersey Jack Pinball ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

My first new machine was a Star Trek Premium. I really liked it. Fun callouts, great light show, LOVED the moving ship...standard ... to what else has come out the last few years...there is not much competition. Star Wars was such a let down...but honestly, I've gotten excited about the last few Sterns only ... let down by the playfield. I already own an ACDC...I don't need another one with cheesy Star Wars art. I realize not every game is for everyone. And JJP will keep improving the code ...

• JJP

Jjp 4- pirates of the Caribbean Post #432 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Rarehero – in Jersey Jack Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

I keep an operational LD player on hand still for Star Wars as it was meant to be. I still have an LD player that kinda sorts sometimes works...but man, movies look like shit on it compared to Blu-Ray or even DVD. Thankfully I don't care about Star Wars...but I still have my LD player for a few animation box sets like Tex Avery, Tom & Jerry, etc.

• JJP

Jjp 4- pirates of the Caribbean Post #431 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Rondogg – in Jersey Jack Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

I keep an operational LD player on hand still for Star Wars as it was meant to be. Star Wars Despecialized HD version. This was how it was meant to be: http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Harmys-STAR-WARS-Despecialized-Edition-HD-V25-MKV-IS-OUT-NOW/id/12713

• JJP

Jjp 4- pirates of the Caribbean Post #428 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by merccat – in Jersey Jack Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

Yeah, I remember it was a $100+ laserdisc box set. I kept returning it because I kept getting defective ones (there were some bad LD factories back then)...ended up just returning the 3rd set and getting a refund. No regrets, we've got 3D Blu-Rays now! WOO! I keep an operational LD player on hand still for Star Wars as it was meant to be.

• CLB

Stern STAR WARS club...May The Force Be With You Post #393 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Dr-Willy – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply yesterday

Scoop sorry. Nothing needed in the shooter lane but a piece of Mylar imo The right wall of the shooter lane is all covered with metal. Did you also notice the side rail on the left side of the playfield is powdercoated metal and not black covered wood like it used to be? Maybe this isn't new for star wars, but its new to me!

• STN

Stern Announces Star Wars Pinball Post #5444 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by northvibe – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 3 years ago

Have we got TNA pricing yet? (Haven't been following lately). But I think TNA fans are going to be in for a big surprise initially thinking it would be a $5k game. But Im gonna guess it'll be more around the $6500 price point. I concur. I love TnA, but I feel like it will be ~$6400. Where a Star Wars pro is 5200-5400. Stern pros are still a good bang for the buck. In today's market of expensive games

• STN

Stern Announces Star Wars Pinball Post #5425 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by waspinat0r – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 3 years ago

Haha. I love rules and love dissecting them. So while I might know all this stuff, making the shots is a whole different story. Haha. I'm gonna do something with GOT later in the summer. If people like that, I might do more. Get down here and let's make a video. ;) .....................................................of Star Wars. Besides..I could use a good run through of the rules.

• STN

Stern Announces Star Wars Pinball Post #5421 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Pinzap – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 3 years ago

Erik... you are quickly becoming the Bowen Kerins for Star Wars. You realize we're all going to be expecting a tutorial video from you once the code is a bit more complete, right?

• ALL

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures! Post #5640 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by ita47 – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply yesterday

I just picked up my Star Wars Pro :party: Unfortunately I was told it didn't ship with code and that Stern was mailing me the SD card, so I won't be able to play it until that shows up :wall: [att=3862088,1012623 caption="20170712_092542 (resized).jpg"]

• EV

2017 PINTASTIC New England show- CHECK YOUTUBE FOR LOTS OF COOL VIDEOS! Post #1266 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by DaveH – in Events ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

Considering there were more than a few die-hards that played till the 6:00a closing (over a dozen on Sat/Sun according to hotel security) this is something we'll definitely consider for next years show. Consider for next years show? Oh please do. Huge thumbs up for the VIP lounge. As a vendor I didn't have time to stand in line to play Dialed In or Star Wars in the main hall. But in the VIP room after the vendor hall closed, I got to play them both.

• STN

Stern Star Wars -- First Impressions from those who have played it Post #201 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by kidforce7 – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

Judge for yourself! Star Wars is on location at: Kidforce Collectibles 103 Front St Berea OH 44017 21 pins on site!

• MO

**STAR WARS mod development thread** by MEZELmods Post #1 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Tmezel – in All modding! ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

This is the official Stern STAR WARS mod development thread. Enjoy

• STN

Stern Star Wars -- First Impressions from those who have played it Post #192 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Rasavage – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

Kentucky has great Bourbon! Indeed! It also has 38 dry counties in which you can't drink that great bourbon. Back to the topic though, did Stern implement the Star Wars theme well?

• STN

Stern Star Wars -- First Impressions from those who have played it Post #187 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Barakawins1 – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

... . This is very lack luster for me. For me this machine is just ok. As a Star Wars fan, I was expecting more ramps, better toys, harder to reach objectives on the playfield and ...

• ALL

Choosing my third and last pinball Post #15 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by GorillaBiscuits – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

I'm gonna be the Star Wars guy. You got two great designers in there, may as well snag a Ritchie. If you didn't have Metallica I'd say go for AFMr... variety is good!

• ALL

Choosing my third and last pinball Post #10 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Pinzap – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

As for my pick of the ones you have listed, it's TWD hands-down. Of course, I don't have my Star Wars yet, but it's going to take an awesome game to take the crown away from this game, especially if you like the theme. Even if you don't like the theme, the gameplay and rules are awesome!! Brutally tough at times, but keeps me coming back for more, time and time again.

• JJP

Jjp 4- pirates of the Caribbean Post #381 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by flashinstinct – in Jersey Jack Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

If JJP would do star wars i would hope they give the rights to Rogue One. Wouldnt that be funny. Guve old rights to stern a new licence to jjp. I highly doubt that would happen because of conflicting interests. I cant believe no one's thinkning of mighty pythons... Toy story is absolutely relevant if you want to hook the younger crowd (4-12) hooked to pinball.

• JJP

Jjp 4- pirates of the Caribbean Post #380 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by RandomGuyOffCL – in Jersey Jack Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

if JJP is so set to redo a theme done by Stern recently why not revisit Star Trek? Well hell...why not take a stab at Star Wars for JJP #4 then...imagine that :party:

• ALL

Choosing my third and last pinball Post #5 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by konghusker – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

majrob Is weird but i dont like led screens in pins, i prefer that pixelated ones Then cross star wars off your list. I'd vote mm then.

• STN

Stern Star Wars -- First Impressions from those who have played it Post #173 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Nokoro – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

There are no similarities to ST whatsoever. Agreed. I own a ST Pro and have played countless games on it. Star Wars did not feel like it at all.

• JJP

Which of the JJP pins is best? Post #137 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by konghusker – in Jersey Jack Pinball ‐ Last reply over 3 years ago

including Gary Stern laughing and throwing the comic books in the trash. Seriously? I watched the whole stream, and even I could feel the initial let down, but seriously. That sounds like a total jerk move. On kanedas podcast, Jack was asked about the impression of star wars, and Jack was a stand up guy. Anyway, I found a local DI and can't wait to finally try it.

• ALL

Choosing my third and last pinball Post #1 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by kiosh – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

Already have metallica and ghostbusters premium Only one more to fill the room, i rather recent pins than classic ones Thinking in: Spiderman vault Walking dead premium ( too hard for me, but growing) Acdc vault Star wars premium Medieval remake (little expensive in my opinion) Attack from Mars ltd. Remake Please feel free to recomend me the last piece! Thank you in advance

• JJP

Jjp 4- pirates of the Caribbean Post #370 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by konghusker – in Jersey Jack Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

Am I the only one with some cash blazing a hole through their pocket spinning around in circles trying to decide on buying a dialed in, star wars, one of these used hobbits floating around for six grand or....JJP #4 ? I'm considering all those to except Hobbit (already own it). After the let down of star wars for me, I'm really looking at DI, but waiting to see jjp4 first.

• JJP

Jjp 4- pirates of the Caribbean Post #361 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by RandomGuyOffCL – in Jersey Jack Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

Am I the only one with some cash blazing a hole through their pocket spinning around in circles trying to decide on buying a dialed in, star wars, one of these used hobbits floating around for six grand or....JJP #4 ?

• MO

Star Wars mod thread Post #45 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by fosaisu – in All modding! ‐ Last reply over 3 years ago

Didn't he link the exact X-Wing game miniatures you used...what am I missing? I was asking if OP used the "Star Wars: X-Wing" ships, sounds like DS_Nadine thinks he did not! People have said in this post that Stern appears to be using those for the Falcon, just wasn't sure if people were using the same set for X-Wings. Sadly, looks like they don't make a Snowspeeder, which would have gone nicely with the Premium theme.

• MO

Star Wars mod thread Post #42 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by fosaisu – in All modding! ‐ Last reply over 3 years ago

Added Star Wars diecast tie fighters, Xwing fighter Were those Tie Fighters and X-Wing Fighters miniatures from the "Star Wars X-Wing" tabletop game, i.e.: https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-X-Wing-Expansion-Pack/dp/1616613777/ https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-X-Wing-Fighter-Expansion/dp/1616613785/

• JJP

Which of the JJP pins is best? Post #123 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by CrazyLevi – in Jersey Jack Pinball ‐ Last reply over 3 years ago

... at the VIP lounge at Pintastic there was always a longer line for Dialed In than Star Wars. I can't help but look back to the reveal and chuckle. There were people here saying ...

• STN

Best mods for a NIB Ghostbusters Premium? Post #21 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by RobF – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

Up there with Metallica as far as the most modded game. And soon to be a distant second to Star Wars.

• STN

Stern Announces Star Wars Pinball Post #5403 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Frax – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 3 years ago

... the saying.. "When you play the Game of Thrones....you win or you die." :lol: Star Wars should be better in that regard, since people can just cradle up and pound the ...

• JJP

Jjp 4- pirates of the Caribbean Post #343 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by konghusker – in Jersey Jack Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

I was definitely in the camp of wishing jjp had star wars. I can't begin to describe my level of disappointment my household has with the new SW. ...

• BOO

Total Nuclear Annihilation production by Spooky Pinball Post #1417 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by northvibe – in Spooky Pinball ‐ Last reply over 4 years ago

... out in 15 min-60 min. THen you could buy one without issue for a while. Star wars le, same thing you can now find canceled ones. It ALWAYS happens. :/

• RFS

Chicago Trader/Seller Club Post #4554 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Jediturtle – in Regional for sale threads ‐ Last reply yesterday

Thinking about shaking up the collection. Blackout w/new repro BG: $1000 Pinbot: $1500 Doctor Who w/color DMD: $3000 No Fear w/black powder coat, upgraded speakers, and all new ramps and plastics: $3000 Spiderman w/shaker, LED-OCD, speaker lights, etc: $4700 (ad in marketplace) Trades toward Metallica pro, Star Trek pro, Star Wars pro only. Most prices are somewhat negotiable so feel free to make offers, but low-balls will be ignored. I will try to get pictures and ads posted in the next couple days.

• RFS

Official Wisconsin-Minnesota Thread Post #9849 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Jediturtle – in Regional for sale threads ‐ Last reply today

Thinking about shaking up the collection. Blackout w/new repro BG: $1000 Pinbot: $1500 Doctor Who w/color DMD: $3000 No Fear w/black powder coat, upgraded speakers, and all new ramps and plastics: $3000 Spiderman w/shaker, LED-OCD, speaker lights, etc: $4700 (ad in marketplace) Trades toward Metallica pro, Star Trek pro, Star Wars pro only. Most prices are somewhat negotiable so feel free to make offers, but low-balls will be ignored. I will try to get pictures and ads posted in the next couple days.

Found 27,970 forum posts. Currently showing results page 188 of 280.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/search?s=1&q=star%20wars&&page=188 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.