Search the forum

Use the search box to search through all content on the forum.

Click here for a quick explanation of the search feature.

Tip: You may also try your search for 'star wars' using Google.

Found 27969 posts

Posts mentioning ‘star wars’ ordered by in descending order.

• STN

Aerosmith Ghosting? Post #43 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by PW79 – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

Star Wars looks like a F'n Zizzle... Fo shizzle :D I think any version of "The Pin" has a higher BOM than ...

• CLB

Aerosmith owner? Then walk this way! Post #377 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by rockrand – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply 5 days ago

Joined the club yesterday after having my dreams destroyed on Star Wars I bought HUO,s premium and just love it. Mirror blades look killer on this game and the art is on par with the best Does anybody know,if this code is cooked or more to come? [att=3898487,1029998 caption="image (resized).jpeg"]

• ALL

Wisconsin State Fair pins Post #1 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by FrankJ – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

Red's tent has Star Wars and Ghostbusters. Both brand new.

• CLB

Metallica Club - Ride the Lightning! Post #11296 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Shrumdog – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply yesterday

just canceled my star wars premium and went with metallica premium. Ordered shaker motor, snake fangs, tongue decal, 2d and 3d from graffix, mystery hole protector, and shooter cliffy. Anything Im missing? too much unknown with the sw premium, thought better to wait and see and go with this met winner in meantime

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #239 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by jar155 – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... throughout the game. Stern usually does a pretty solid job on sound packages, and Star Wars is definitely no exception. I'm really not digging the code on the game. Bugs ... the flippers are overpowered here. It's just one speed to experience: maximum. The Star Wars films aren't some adrenaline-fueled spaz fest. They are very measured in how they ... that's really my biggest disappointment here. It doesn't feel like Star Wars at all. It looks like Star Wars, but once you start playing, it just melts away. Stacking ...

• POD

STAR WARS live on Dead Flip tonight! Post #231 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by megadeth2600 – in Podcasts and video streams ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

... one as well. I don't think so ... I mean, it's always going to have value since it's "Star Wars" and it isn't a dog of a game unlike the others prior to Stern's newest. However, the ... my opinion ... and that's what seems to be the problem with it. If the new Star Wars was about $1.25K/$1K/$500 less across the LE/Prem/Pro, I think people would forget ...

• STN

Stern Announces Star Wars Pinball Post #6366 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by PinMonk – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 3 years ago

LE ACTION TOMORROW! When the subject of Star Wars still being a buggy .85 beta comes up, ask about KISS and Batman'66 while you're at it. I doubt you'll get a straight answer ("stay tuned!"), but it can't hurt.

• MFS

For sale: Star Wars Post #2 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by dirtbag66 – in Pinball machines for sale ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

Good price on the best Star Wars pinball ever made. GLWTS.

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #230 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Rarehero – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... the UK - that people whose main attraction to pinball is gameplay are going to enjoy Star Wars. It's super fast and has the best flow yet of any Stern I've played. Flow ... thinking "meh". As a "PLAYER" I find it boring and a GOT theme fan I find it disappointing. For Star Wars fans, theme integration is important. The theme has been done a ton of times before, it ...

• STN

Stern NEW policy - GHOSTING IS NORMAL....OR IS IT? Post #565 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Multiballmaniac1 – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

Er.....everybody is..... It looks like I am going with AFMr this fall. Why gamble? My money doesn't grow on trees. It's printed by the federal reserve and I have to slave for it. Get it together Stern, jeesh. I love my AS pro, no issues, playfield actually looks like they stepped up quality, this type of crap will hurt them, people talk, youtubes, forums, this and Star Wars will be a blow to the gut for them. Ugh . If they screw up again and again, there's plenty of room for JJP, CgC, etc

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #219 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by CrazyLevi – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

I could write 2 reviews on Star Wars: Review 1: Is this game worth $9000 for many years play in my home. Is it ... , I can put $5 in another game and never look at Star Wars again. The "value" discussion is a complete distraction for me. At around $5,200, Star Wars is STILL the best NIB value as far as ...

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #218 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by CrazyLevi – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... a perfect live catch has got to be pretty small. And, the complaints about how "dull" Star Wars might be all seem to stem from the fact that there isn't some kind of ... the UK - that people whose main attraction to pinball is gameplay are going to enjoy Star Wars. It's super fast and has the best flow yet of any Stern I've played. And ...

• STN

Stern NEW policy - GHOSTING IS NORMAL....OR IS IT? Post #560 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by flashinstinct – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

I really don't think Stern can recover from this. When you are talking thousands of dollars for a luxury item, nobody is putting up with shit quality, and that is not so easy to turn around and fix when Stern has already gone this far down the rabbit hole. If they started right now, it would take them years to get back to TSPP quality, and I'm not sure Stern investors even care to do it. They"ll recover if they want to but the cash cow they imagined with star wars was a failure of their own making.

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #216 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by cooked71 – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... new games is completely irrelevant when I form an opinion on one. I could write 2 reviews on Star Wars: Review 1: Is this game worth $9000 for many years play in my home. Is it ... play for a night. If I get bored, I can put $5 in another game and never look at Star Wars again. The 2 reviews will be completely different, and considerations like gameplay, cost, value, toys, art ...

• ALL

Whats best in visual pinball today?? Post #34 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Crile1 – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 4 years ago

... all the bumps, shaker, and lights for VP, FP, and FX2. FYI, for star wars fans, check out SlamT1lt's Star Wars titles. If only his game was the one stern built. On the Empire ...

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #210 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by trunchbull – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... a decade) and also having a really negative track record of late. I had almost no faith in Star Wars after the Batman 66 fiasco, which I still think is an absolute bomb of a game, and ...

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #204 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by playboywillis – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... back and delete old posts, everything we say is recorded. So if I say I don't like Star Wars (which I've played a few times and it hasn't "grabbed" me yet), then I have to stick ...

• STN

Star Wars: a discussion on theme integration Post #15 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by trunchbull – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

If the 3-bank dropped to reveal an interactive toy where the pops are, that would've been cool. It's just fun to have things that feel like they're "there" on the playfield and add to the physical element. Right now, the most interactive thing on the Star Wars playfield is the rubbers.

• STN

Stern Announces Star Wars Pinball Post #6350 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by trunchbull – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 3 years ago

... game, which I appreciate, none of the shots are impossible and some are pretty easy. Death Star shot has a nice flow to it, and once you've got it mentally mapped it ... " is the big thing right now, because these pins are basically becoming flashy arcade games. Star Wars scoots around that by a lot of nice lateral motion, which brings an old-fashioned anticipatory ...

• STN

Stern NEW policy - GHOSTING IS NORMAL....OR IS IT? Post #549 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Lamprey – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... , but I don't know what those are precisely. Here is a quote from page 55 of the Star Wars Pro Manual: STERN PINBALL INC LIMITED WARRANTY Stern Pinball Inc (‘SELLER’) warrants only to the ...

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #198 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Deez – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... authentic rather than put a few more hallmark ornaments that shake like you guys enjoy. It's star wars - go out and play, or don't, whatever.

• CLB

Stern STAR WARS club...May The Force Be With You Post #747 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by pin2d – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

Dead Flip hinted on Twitter that a gameplay video of Star Wars Premium/LE may be coming soon. https://twitter.com/Dead_Flip/status/892859806565978112

• ALL

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures! Post #5962 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by NoQuarters – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply yesterday

Not home yet, but work counts right? You are really going to enjoy Star Wars !

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #187 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Colsond3 – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... they hit the secondary market, I might grab one just to have it. I mean........it is Star Wars.

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #182 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by MikeS – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

Well Crazy Levi said he thinks there's only 20 players in here (Pinside). Is there a definition? I'm absolutely not upset but rather completely amused and intrigued. I can't speak for Levi but it seems like most of the discussion on Star Wars focuses on such things as the artwork, the number of toys, whether the game is a "World under Glass", comparing the BOM and # of toys to JJP games, Stern quality issues,etc. If you ignore all that stuff and just play the game it's a lot of fun!

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #179 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Zitt – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

IMO, the super le would need to change multiple elements of this game to be on par from a fun perspective to recent Sterns Are there SuperLE Star Wars? I hadn't heard they were doing an SLE... but I haven't been playing close attention. Did Stern do another greed play?

• RFS

Northeast US For Sale Thread Post #8323 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by eabundy – in Regional for sale threads ‐ Last reply today

I have the following ready for a new home. Black Hole 1800 Star Wars Episode 1 2,200 Easy pickup in my garage.

• STN

Star Wars: a discussion on theme integration Post #4 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by TheLaw – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

... buzz term for this machine it seems. I think a lot of people are upset that, because Star Wars is known for having a shit of toys/figures we all grew up with, that this ... strewn with cheap shit everywhere. For me I had only a couple of them toys, to me Star wars is aboot some kick ass space action, fast & furious paced fighting but to each their ...

• HWP

ALIEN PINBALL - Game Over, Man, Game Over Post #15726 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Pinballgeek – in Heighway Pinball ‐ Last reply 9 days ago

Gone are the days when you could pick up an alien se for cheaper than a stern pro in the uk. Star wars retails for £6295, yet alien from hld went from from £5650 inc vat to £7499 inc vat

• STN

Star Wars: a discussion on theme integration Post #3 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Yoko2una – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

How many more discussion threads on SW do we really need? By Friday on Pinside: "Star Wars - Discussion on the Pro's RED t-moulding!"

• STN

Star Wars: a discussion on theme integration Post #2 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by kwiKimart – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

I'm in the minority, but I think Borg should've designed Star Wars.

• STN

Star Wars: a discussion on theme integration Post #1 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by nosro – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

... not concerned about theme, try then buy. For those who value good theme integration, Star Wars may not be a good machine even if it is a boatload of fun. Take ... machine. In fact, the playfield design looks like a better Fast and Furious pinball machine than a Star Wars pinball machine. I would buy that! I enjoy Steve Ritchie games, have owned many, and ... who like No Fear, but this seems like the wrong style for a Star Wars theme. That said, not everyone cares about theme integration tl;dr Theme integration for ...

• STN

Stern Announces Star Wars Pinball Post #6344 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Dr-Willy – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 3 years ago

So for those of you that have played both, how do you feel about SW vs Metallica? Both kind of are a mix of flowy/bashy games. As of right now Metallica is miles above what star wars is. Star Wars code still has a long way to go, and even then I doubt the code will beable to match what Metallica's is.

• STN

Stern Announces Star Wars Pinball Post #6343 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by jar155 – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 3 years ago

... bashy games. I like Metallica a lot more, but they are VERY different in feel. Star Wars isn't really a bash game. Metallica has Sparky and the coffin which do focus on bashing ... often. Star Wars asks you to hit stand ups often enough, but they don't feel anything like hitting ... the bash toys on Metallica. Star Wars is at breakneck speed from the moment you plunge and it really never lets up ...

• HWP

ALIEN REFUND? - From patient supporter to angry ex-customer - Poll Post #407 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Oneangrymo – in Heighway Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

You order $8000 toys by email? I'd just call Melissa at Cointaker by phone and actually talk to someone. Yes all the time, that is how I ordered my Star Wars LE, MMR LE, Tron LE, Dialed iN CE, Walking Dead LE Thanks

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #154 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by MikeS – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... "The Hobbit"...you probably aren't a player. I've got probably 40 games in now and think Star Wars Pro is awesome! Can I be a member of the "Players Club"? I have no interest in the ...

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #153 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by PanzerFreak – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

Good review. Star Wars is the pin that has finally bit Stern in the ass because of feature cutting and raising prices. Crazy to think that GB Premium was $6700 shipped in January, is a far more feature packed game then SW, and that a SW Premium is $7400 (I think) shipped.

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #149 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Ballsofsteel – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... this thread...but i agree 100% i put 1 hour on aerosmith pro yesterday, and 1 hour on star wars pro. star wars gameplay is more smooth, less clunky, and generally more fun. i enjoy aerosmith as a band, and ...

• EV

ReplayFX 2017 + Pinburgh Post #664 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by speederice – in Events ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

... Dead were available in the freeplay area from the get-go. Vendors provided Ghostbusters, Aerosmith, Star Wars, and the Jersey Jack games, and these games were up and running most of the ...

• EV

It's over. :-( CLE•PIN #3!!! 4 day event! Sept. 7, 8, 9, and 10 2017! Post #48 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by ilovegames007 – in Events ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

Ohio Burn Unit booked for Friday night at Sunset. They will also be proforming Sat night on the floor. STAR WARS PINBALL CONFIRMED FOR THE SHOW ALSO [att=3895694,1028702 caption="star-wars-stern-pinball-600x314 (resized).jpg"]

• STN

Stern NEW policy - GHOSTING IS NORMAL....OR IS IT? Post #501 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Beez – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... earned money. I want nothing more than for this to get better, heck I wanted the new Star Wars but again must wait to see what happens. Hate to see that they are now ...

• BOO

Total Nuclear Annihilation production by Spooky Pinball Post #1875 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by RandomGuyOffCL – in Spooky Pinball ‐ Last reply over 4 years ago

Couple questions come to mind when I look at this pin... 1. Say instead of Scott/Spooky, it was Gomez/Stern that designed/produced this same exact pin...Would it be as well received? 2. This is the pin to compare to Star Wars considering after shipping it will be $1000 more than a pro & only $900 cheaper than prem. Is it a better deal than either of those?

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #144 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by KJL – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... of the theme, I didn't like TZ, LOTR, and TRON at all on location. Just like Star Wars I expected them to be IT. Now I think they are top tier games but I actually had ...

• STN

Aerosmith Ghosting? Post #17 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by PW79 – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

... I play 10:1 compared to pinball, then buy a HUO Aerosmith this fall when something better than Star Wars shakes a few Aerosmith's loose from collectors. As an added bonus maybe by then the switches ...

• STN

Stern Announces Star Wars Pinball Post #6332 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by jonesjb – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 3 years ago

What about dialed in with star wars theme? That would be epic. So much you could do with that. R2d2 as the phone, tie fighter as the moving stick ect. How well do you think the Star Wars pin with the Dialed In theme would sell? :-/= Not well. I wonder what that says?

• STN

Stern NEW policy - GHOSTING IS NORMAL....OR IS IT? Post #478 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by PW79 – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

Ice You mention Star Wars sales #'s as one of the lessons in capitalism Stern is currently learning. Unless I misinterpreted your comment. Has Star Wars stalled? I know it was a huge miss for me but it sure felt like plenty were drinking the kool-aid.

• ALL

Stern Star Wars launch party saturday august 5th MICHIGAN Post #1 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by silver_spinner – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

Stern STAR WARS PINBALL Launch! come play the newest stern pinball machine! THE MACHINE WILL BE ON FREE ... be recorded. All money in pot will be paid out and will also have additional STAR WARS prizes we will provide AND Stern Pinball Goodies.. all ages, all skill levels. IFPA points ... . www.ifpapinball.com @ Richfield Bowl in genesee township. www.bowlflint.com [att=3895092,1028394 caption="star wars prizes (resized).jpg"]

• STN

Stern NEW policy - GHOSTING IS NORMAL....OR IS IT? Post #468 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by gunstarhero – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... we don't get more games. Ad FWIW, I totally agree the PF issues are janky and Star Wars feels stripped. Stern needs to figure that crap out.

• STN

Stern NEW policy - GHOSTING IS NORMAL....OR IS IT? Post #464 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by iceman44 – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... Stern keeps raising price and lowering quality then the market for their pins will speak, i.e Star Wars Then they have to decide how to react. Raise the overall quality, code etc. for ...

• STN

Where is the KISS code? Post #3292 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by BudManPinFan – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 4 years ago

... . You're right that theme isn't everything, I'm wondering how long it's going to take the Star Wars fanatics to figure that one out.

Found 27,969 forum posts. Currently showing results page 183 of 280.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/search?s=1&q=star%20wars&&page=183 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.