Search the forum

Use the search box to search through all content on the forum.

Click here for a quick explanation of the search feature.

Tip: You may also try your search for 'star wars' using Google.

Found 27848 posts

Posts mentioning ‘star wars’ ordered by in descending order.

• CLB

Stern STAR WARS club...May The Force Be With You Post #747 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by pin2d – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply 2 days ago

Dead Flip hinted on Twitter that a gameplay video of Star Wars Premium/LE may be coming soon. https://twitter.com/Dead_Flip/status/892859806565978112

• ALL

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures! Post #5962 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by NoQuarters – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply today

Not home yet, but work counts right? You are really going to enjoy Star Wars !

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #187 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Colsond3 – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... they hit the secondary market, I might grab one just to have it. I mean........it is Star Wars.

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #182 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by MikeS – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

Well Crazy Levi said he thinks there's only 20 players in here (Pinside). Is there a definition? I'm absolutely not upset but rather completely amused and intrigued. I can't speak for Levi but it seems like most of the discussion on Star Wars focuses on such things as the artwork, the number of toys, whether the game is a "World under Glass", comparing the BOM and # of toys to JJP games, Stern quality issues,etc. If you ignore all that stuff and just play the game it's a lot of fun!

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #179 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Zitt – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

IMO, the super le would need to change multiple elements of this game to be on par from a fun perspective to recent Sterns Are there SuperLE Star Wars? I hadn't heard they were doing an SLE... but I haven't been playing close attention. Did Stern do another greed play?

• RFS

Northeast US For Sale Thread Post #8323 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by eabundy – in Regional for sale threads ‐ Last reply today

I have the following ready for a new home. Black Hole 1800 Star Wars Episode 1 2,200 Easy pickup in my garage.

• STN

Star Wars: a discussion on theme integration Post #4 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by TheLaw – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

... buzz term for this machine it seems. I think a lot of people are upset that, because Star Wars is known for having a shit of toys/figures we all grew up with, that this ... strewn with cheap shit everywhere. For me I had only a couple of them toys, to me Star wars is aboot some kick ass space action, fast & furious paced fighting but to each their ...

• HWP

ALIEN PINBALL - Game Over, Man, Game Over Post #15726 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Pinballgeek – in Heighway Pinball ‐ Last reply 7 days ago

Gone are the days when you could pick up an alien se for cheaper than a stern pro in the uk. Star wars retails for £6295, yet alien from hld went from from £5650 inc vat to £7499 inc vat

• STN

Star Wars: a discussion on theme integration Post #3 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Yoko2una – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

How many more discussion threads on SW do we really need? By Friday on Pinside: "Star Wars - Discussion on the Pro's RED t-moulding!"

• STN

Star Wars: a discussion on theme integration Post #2 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by kwiKimart – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

I'm in the minority, but I think Borg should've designed Star Wars.

• STN

Star Wars: a discussion on theme integration Post #1 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by nosro – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

... not concerned about theme, try then buy. For those who value good theme integration, Star Wars may not be a good machine even if it is a boatload of fun. Take ... machine. In fact, the playfield design looks like a better Fast and Furious pinball machine than a Star Wars pinball machine. I would buy that! I enjoy Steve Ritchie games, have owned many, and ... who like No Fear, but this seems like the wrong style for a Star Wars theme. That said, not everyone cares about theme integration tl;dr Theme integration for ...

• STN

Stern Announces Star Wars Pinball Post #6344 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Dr-Willy – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 3 years ago

So for those of you that have played both, how do you feel about SW vs Metallica? Both kind of are a mix of flowy/bashy games. As of right now Metallica is miles above what star wars is. Star Wars code still has a long way to go, and even then I doubt the code will beable to match what Metallica's is.

• STN

Stern Announces Star Wars Pinball Post #6343 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by jar155 – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 3 years ago

... bashy games. I like Metallica a lot more, but they are VERY different in feel. Star Wars isn't really a bash game. Metallica has Sparky and the coffin which do focus on bashing ... often. Star Wars asks you to hit stand ups often enough, but they don't feel anything like hitting ... the bash toys on Metallica. Star Wars is at breakneck speed from the moment you plunge and it really never lets up ...

• HWP

ALIEN REFUND? - From patient supporter to angry ex-customer - Poll Post #407 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Oneangrymo – in Heighway Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

You order $8000 toys by email? I'd just call Melissa at Cointaker by phone and actually talk to someone. Yes all the time, that is how I ordered my Star Wars LE, MMR LE, Tron LE, Dialed iN CE, Walking Dead LE Thanks

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #154 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by MikeS – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... "The Hobbit"...you probably aren't a player. I've got probably 40 games in now and think Star Wars Pro is awesome! Can I be a member of the "Players Club"? I have no interest in the ...

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #153 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by PanzerFreak – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

Good review. Star Wars is the pin that has finally bit Stern in the ass because of feature cutting and raising prices. Crazy to think that GB Premium was $6700 shipped in January, is a far more feature packed game then SW, and that a SW Premium is $7400 (I think) shipped.

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #149 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Ballsofsteel – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... this thread...but i agree 100% i put 1 hour on aerosmith pro yesterday, and 1 hour on star wars pro. star wars gameplay is more smooth, less clunky, and generally more fun. i enjoy aerosmith as a band, and ...

• EV

ReplayFX 2017 + Pinburgh Post #664 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by speederice – in Events ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... Dead were available in the freeplay area from the get-go. Vendors provided Ghostbusters, Aerosmith, Star Wars, and the Jersey Jack games, and these games were up and running most of the ...

• EV

It's over. :-( CLE•PIN #3!!! 4 day event! Sept. 7, 8, 9, and 10 2017! Post #48 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by ilovegames007 – in Events ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

Ohio Burn Unit booked for Friday night at Sunset. They will also be proforming Sat night on the floor. STAR WARS PINBALL CONFIRMED FOR THE SHOW ALSO [att=3895694,1028702 caption="star-wars-stern-pinball-600x314 (resized).jpg"]

• STN

Stern NEW policy - GHOSTING IS NORMAL....OR IS IT? Post #501 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Beez – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... earned money. I want nothing more than for this to get better, heck I wanted the new Star Wars but again must wait to see what happens. Hate to see that they are now ...

• BOO

Total Nuclear Annihilation production by Spooky Pinball Post #1875 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by RandomGuyOffCL – in Spooky Pinball ‐ Last reply over 4 years ago

Couple questions come to mind when I look at this pin... 1. Say instead of Scott/Spooky, it was Gomez/Stern that designed/produced this same exact pin...Would it be as well received? 2. This is the pin to compare to Star Wars considering after shipping it will be $1000 more than a pro & only $900 cheaper than prem. Is it a better deal than either of those?

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #144 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by KJL – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... of the theme, I didn't like TZ, LOTR, and TRON at all on location. Just like Star Wars I expected them to be IT. Now I think they are top tier games but I actually had ...

• STN

Aerosmith Ghosting? Post #17 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by PW79 – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

... I play 10:1 compared to pinball, then buy a HUO Aerosmith this fall when something better than Star Wars shakes a few Aerosmith's loose from collectors. As an added bonus maybe by then the switches ...

• STN

Stern Announces Star Wars Pinball Post #6332 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by jonesjb – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 3 years ago

What about dialed in with star wars theme? That would be epic. So much you could do with that. R2d2 as the phone, tie fighter as the moving stick ect. How well do you think the Star Wars pin with the Dialed In theme would sell? :-/= Not well. I wonder what that says?

• STN

Stern NEW policy - GHOSTING IS NORMAL....OR IS IT? Post #478 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by PW79 – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

Ice You mention Star Wars sales #'s as one of the lessons in capitalism Stern is currently learning. Unless I misinterpreted your comment. Has Star Wars stalled? I know it was a huge miss for me but it sure felt like plenty were drinking the kool-aid.

• ALL

Stern Star Wars launch party saturday august 5th MICHIGAN Post #1 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by silver_spinner – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

Stern STAR WARS PINBALL Launch! come play the newest stern pinball machine! THE MACHINE WILL BE ON FREE ... be recorded. All money in pot will be paid out and will also have additional STAR WARS prizes we will provide AND Stern Pinball Goodies.. all ages, all skill levels. IFPA points ... . www.ifpapinball.com @ Richfield Bowl in genesee township. www.bowlflint.com [att=3895092,1028394 caption="star wars prizes (resized).jpg"]

• STN

Stern NEW policy - GHOSTING IS NORMAL....OR IS IT? Post #468 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by gunstarhero – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... we don't get more games. Ad FWIW, I totally agree the PF issues are janky and Star Wars feels stripped. Stern needs to figure that crap out.

• STN

Stern NEW policy - GHOSTING IS NORMAL....OR IS IT? Post #464 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by iceman44 – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... Stern keeps raising price and lowering quality then the market for their pins will speak, i.e Star Wars Then they have to decide how to react. Raise the overall quality, code etc. for ...

• STN

Where is the KISS code? Post #3292 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by BudManPinFan – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 4 years ago

... . You're right that theme isn't everything, I'm wondering how long it's going to take the Star Wars fanatics to figure that one out.

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #130 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Miguel351 – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... the license would be on par with most everything else. But now that Disney owns Star Wars, all bets are off. I'm sure that license has skyrocketed. I played it at CAX. It was ...

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #129 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by SilverballNut – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

So I think I'll enjoy Star Wars because I like fast and brutal games. I do think the modes all seem to blend together ...

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #128 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by SilverballNut – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... ). Figure even 10% of the cost and you're at $500 for a pro... Something like Star Wars is probably much higher, I know Disney licenses were always the highest when we looked into ...

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #121 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by TheLaw – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

Not sure where this idea that licensing is expensive is coming from. Historically it was $50 per game. Probably just because it's Star Wars...also probably because people still want to believe it isn't just a total screw job on the costumer. 8O

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #118 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by jar155 – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

So the option is to do a compromised Star Wars or not do Star Wars because of the license cost?

• STN

Stern NEW policy - GHOSTING IS NORMAL....OR IS IT? Post #438 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by zpinman370 – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... and let's hope Stern will deliver. I have my order in already for a AS Pro and a Star Wars Premium which are all looking like great games. I know this is a crazy question but is ...

• CLB

Stern STAR WARS club...May The Force Be With You Post #719 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Rasavage – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply 2 days ago

I'm sure everyone has seen the below mod. I'm not affiliated w/ it in anyway, but I just think it's a simple and great fix to make the mini-lcd fit the theme. Kudos to the creator. Has anyone else come up with anything? https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1012-ulekstore/01106-armor-mod-for-small-lcd-display-for-star-wars-pinball-

• STN

Stern Announces Star Wars Pinball Post #6326 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by flynnsbit – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 3 years ago

... and Discs of Tron are sitting right next to Tron Legacy and I have a very lonely Star Wars arcade that is sitting next to Operation Wolf, which makes no since at all. Now ... , if Star Wars Premium is sitting next to SW arcade, that makes way more since. (I feel like this ...

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #115 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by thewool – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

Stern's thought is, Star Wars does not need a bunch of toys/bells/whistles. The license will make up for all of that. And I bet they're right. Crying shame they didn't opt to create a Star Wars world under the glass.

• STN

Stern Announces Star Wars Pinball Post #6325 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Mfsrc791 – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 3 years ago

Naw DI theme is classic Lawlor...good stuff. I just meant the layout would work with star wars also. The original poster said he would not want to see jjp do star wars because it would end up looking like the hobbit, so I said it could end up as good at dialed ins layout. But yes I agree that dialed in is a lawlor classic. I'm sure he has a few more layouts up his sleeve

• STN

Stern NEW policy - GHOSTING IS NORMAL....OR IS IT? Post #425 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Arcade – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... , they could quickly become the market leader at this rate. ^^^This Exactly^^^ Almost waited for Star Wars but pulled the trigger on AFMr LE instead. So very happy. :)

• STN

Stern Announces Star Wars Pinball Post #6324 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Reality_Studio – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 3 years ago

... away it's your money after all. That's not what he is saying. Extreme fans of Star Wars will spend more on figurines that sit in their box on a shelf and are never ...

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #114 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by pinlink – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

Stern's thought is, Star Wars does not need a bunch of toys/bells/whistles. The license will make up for all of that. And I bet they're right.

• STN

Stern NEW policy - GHOSTING IS NORMAL....OR IS IT? Post #423 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by pinghetto – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... over again with a new one now. Especially after their initial statement in the manual. My Star Wars premium dollars just bought a TNA. Got more to send Sterns way if they can win ...

• CLB

SEGA Club Post #111 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by shacklersrevenge – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply 116 days ago

On another note, an opportunity has arose for me to get a JPLW... What do you guys think about this pin? Is it definitely a must-have or not? Not a very good pin imho, it suffers from boring scoring, meaning, the points are low and your games end up being similar from one another. There are a few like this, another is star wars trilogy. The snagger mech on JPLW is a major pita too.

• STN

Stern NEW policy - GHOSTING IS NORMAL....OR IS IT? Post #416 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by PW79 – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... really bummed out last week but maybe I dodged a bullet? The Aerosmith promo video had ghosting, Star Wars has ghosting, newer GOT, GB, SMve & MET now have ghosting.... Stern now states on their ... a NIB AFMr. I'm buying something. Maybe I will be a doucher & get that pompous Rolex? Stern failed my Star Wars expectations by such a degree that I went from "take my money" to "lol fuck off" within ...

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #100 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Soulrider911 – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

I was at CAX this past weekend and stern had about 10 Star Wars pros there. I finally got to play the game. I have ... of the comments made. Let me or face by saying I am a major Star Wars fan, I still have in box series one characters lol. So I look for ... excuses to own anything Star Wars. The game is just bland. It may get better and the premium ... thing really caught my attention on the pro. I noticed the Death Star toy, which is static in pro but Opens on the prem & le ...

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #91 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Who-Dey – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... and back glass very much but I think the playfield looks pretty good. As far as Star Wars goes I don't think it looks that bad at all. I think people have been spoiled by ...

• STN

Stern Announces Star Wars Pinball Post #6312 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by DEN – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 3 years ago

... you have produced but im still buying it. Im hoping someone else will make a better star wars game than you just did and ill pay even more for it. Stern translation = We ... got another one hook line and sinker. You can translate all you want. I love star wars. I bought the LE up front. Would still doo it with the knowledge today. Stern knows ...

• STN

Stern Announces Star Wars Pinball Post #6311 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Mfsrc791 – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 3 years ago

It that would mean hobbit in the star wars theme then thanks god its Stern making it What about dialed in with star wars theme? That would be epic. So much you could do with that. R2d2 as the phone, tie fighter as the moving stick ect.

• STN

Stern Announces Star Wars Pinball Post #6308 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by flashinstinct – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 3 years ago

Jjp should buy lisences from disney and make a star wars pin, original 3 films only. I bought a LE. But was really hoping for more, AT ATs as a ... you have produced but im still buying it. Im hoping someone else will make a better star wars game than you just did and ill pay even more for it. Stern translation = We ...

• STN

Stern Announces Star Wars Pinball Post #6306 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by DEN – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 3 years ago

Jjp should buy lisences from disney and make a star wars pin, original 3 films only. I bought a LE. But was really hoping for more, AT ATs as a bashtoy. Lazers. Stormtroopers. Blowing up stardestroyers, this theme/music is epic. Stern is only init for the money, its too emvious but, come on mr jersey doo this, give us a well designed nice SW pin, we all deserve it. Ill pay 10k euro gladley, just make the pin epic

• STN

Stern Announces Star Wars Pinball Post #6304 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by rockrand – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 3 years ago

I would much prefer Star Wars in the hobbit,the 4 pops ups could be bad guys and a tie fighter from the empire and the Smaug head darth Vader speaking to you,much better than a tie fighter on a spring and a ball excelerator that does not even lock balls,I want to love Star Wars and sold my gnr to make room and help pay but after playing the pro and hearing about the le I am a no go as of now and am sad about the outcome

• STN

Stern Announces Star Wars Pinball Post #6303 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Edenecho – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 3 years ago

I can only imagine what JJP could have done with this license. I guarantee the design would look & play nothing like the Stern pin. It that would mean hobbit in the star wars theme then thanks god its Stern making it ;)

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #83 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by swampfire – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

I'm tapped out and out of space, but I played a lot of SW at Pinburgh and I really liked it. I actually have zero interest in the theme, since Star Wars has been marketed to me in every conceivable way for the last 40 years. But I thought it was a very solid layout, lots of fun to shoot, and the 2nd display is cool. I think a lot of people are going to be eating crow on this one.

• POD

BDYETP 84: Princess Bride, Barry’s BBQ, Haggis “recapitalizes,” JJP POTC Review Post #116 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by KevInBuffalo – in Podcasts and video streams ‐ Last reply 18 days ago

"Bro, do you even TALK pinball?" Ep. 18 Path of Play, Star Wars, TNA, Dracula & Pinburgh -Interview: Mike Primeau, Executive Director, Path of Play (http://www.pathofplay.com) - ... revealed -Pinburgh recap -Buffalo Pinball Summer Open preview -Q&A -Reviews: Bram Stoker's Dracula (Williams, 1993) and Star Wars (Stern, 2017) All your viewing/listening options: http://www.buffalopinball.com/podcast Connect with us ...

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #76 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Doctor6 – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... a lot in a barcade, I can't get enough of it. Meanwhile, I was super duper hyped to play Star Wars, but after watching videos of it (and seeing that god forsaken shit artwork), I couldn't care ... in the game). The last few years have seen some AMAZING games by them. But Star Wars is dreck.

• MO

**STAR WARS mod development thread** by MEZELmods Post #49 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by beelzeboob – in All modding! ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

Thanks, Teach. Fixed I'm allowed to break your balls. MezelMods is going to take my entire year's salary for Star Wars mods. :-((

• EV

The unofficial 2017 California Extreme CAX thread! Post #179 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by fireball2 – in Events ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

... stop playing Radical, Swords of Fury (omg I want one now!), Title Fight, Aerosmith, and Viking. Star Wars was actually fun. Unexpectedly sold the Triple Action I brought for a fine price. Both my EMs ...

• EV

The unofficial 2017 California Extreme CAX thread! Post #177 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Azmodeus – in Events ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

It looked like Marco brought many Star Wars pins. Besides that and Steve Ritchie sitting right by them all. The Marco people were very nice people.

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #66 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by beelzeboob – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... poorly by jjp and it was a non licensed theme too so it's a little different that star wars. People hated it because of the 'phone' theme. SW had pretty good initial reaction when ... but then seemed to lose to dialed in once people got to play both. The Star Wars reveal was about as bad as it gets as well. Yes, it's undercooked. But what ...

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #64 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by PinballAlley – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... after the next and get a feel for the game. I honestly enjoy the Star Wars pinball. I am of the generation that Star Wars was/is aimed at. I think that helps someone's enjoyment. It seems like ... for them there are some choices in todays market. Being a Star Wars fan makes it so much fun to blow up the death star (LE version). I would not judge the pinball with written ...

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #62 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by usandthem – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

Rules are of course important and so is theme, but I would imagine that I'm not the only pinhead in the world who believes that the most important thing in pinball is that when you shoot, cool physical shit happens. This is where Star Wars left me cold and empty.

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #60 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Mfsrc791 – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... with the pricetag and features when you're paying premium and LE money. That's where Star Wars is falling short (in my opinion). I wouldn't call either game a swing and a ... ... each game instantly reminds you of what you love about their designs :-). I liked star wars but I was saying "most" of pinside. Just regurgitating what I've seen between all ... jjp and it was a non licensed theme too so it's a little different that star wars. People hated it because of the 'phone' theme. SW had pretty good initial ...

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #58 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Spankey – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... very little pride and effort put forth to elevate the game given the theme. I'm a huge Star Wars fan as any but I don't just lap up every product tied into the movies. Such ...

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #56 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by megadeth2600 – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... a miss by most of pinside while di is a home run. There's absolutely nothing wrong with Star Wars' gameplay. It's a frigging great game. The pro model is worth every penny ... especially if you ... with the pricetag and features when you're paying premium and LE money. That's where Star Wars is falling short (in my opinion). I wouldn't call either game a swing and a miss ... they're ...

• STN

Stern NEW policy - GHOSTING IS NORMAL....OR IS IT? Post #360 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Trekkie1978 – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

It was a blast to their dealer and Distributor list due to concerns posted by customers and Dealers ect... JJ I'm afraid to ask how many upset customers called you today to voice their displeasure with Stern's CYA in the Star Wars manual.

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #50 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by DaveH – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

I enjoyed playing Star Wars. Skipping all the issues with Stern, I had fun. Shit, I guess I need to go start a thread with my opinion rather than let it be lost in one of the many Star Wars threads.

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #49 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by twenty84 – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

I'm not surprised the OP doesn't like SW. None of his earlier recommendations made it into the pin: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-star-wars

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #48 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Guinnesstime – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

And SW is ground zero for this one now. Besides all the replacement, ghosting, & code concern (all legit), A lot was it didn't look they way it wanted to, "I always imagined an AT-AT would be there wouldn't that be cool?" "holy cow you want me to multiply things and hit a 3rd button" turn offs before you touch the goddamn thing. Practicing for Star Wars multipliers... http://j.gifs.com/vqer3j.gif [att=3893464,1027443 caption="press (resized).png"]

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #47 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Psw757 – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

I'm glad I got my very nice DE Star Wars with color dmd and pinsound. I'm not impressed with this offering from Stern.

• HB

Spaceballs: The Pin Post #657 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by ForceFlow – in Homebrew pinball ‐ Last reply 8 months ago

... gave Spaceballs his blessing if there was no merchandising (mainly action figures) to compete with Star Wars merchandise. I'm not sure how that agreement migrated over to Disney, if that was just a gentleman ...

• EV

The unofficial 2017 California Extreme CAX thread! Post #174 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by PismoArcade – in Events ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

... did a great job in bringing so many games to try. I logged about 10 games on Star Wars and another half dozen on Aerosmith. I've played and have enjoyed Aerosmith in the past ... , but I really enjoyed Star Wars. Not a fan of the theme, but the game blew me away. Of course, the friends ...

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #32 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Ballsofsteel – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

Well, here star wars is...GOT all over again i suppose.. "the artwork sucks" "there's nothing on the pf" "these rules make no sense" if these people think/thought the same of GOT, then i can't wait to get my SW premium. thanks for all the feedback.

• EV

The unofficial 2017 California Extreme CAX thread! Post #173 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Azmodeus – in Events ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

... who helped me and they were top notch. I thought that there were a nice bunch of Star Wars to play. They were full but no big deal. I met a few nice new people playing ... Star Wars. I had good first impressions on it. Everyone seemed to love it. I thought a great product. And ... ten to play. Or a couple more. Nice. They also had a last day raffle to win a Star Wars and take it home. Must be present to win. I had to leave but that is ...

• CHR

Help the Children and WIN a NEW STERN Post #2280 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by BrewinBombers – in Pinball charity ‐ Last reply 4 days ago

I've been in many ProjectPinball raffles and will do more in the future, but no more Star Wars for me. I'd pay extra for a Dialed In / JJP raffle though. I'd buy several chances at Spooky TNA. Please try to make them both happen.

• STN

Stern NEW policy - GHOSTING IS NORMAL....OR IS IT? Post #326 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by GorillaBiscuits – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

Well maybe it won't get any worse... apparently it's the "new norm" these days. Heh, yup. Lesson learned. Ordered it before I heard of the new crop of issues, thought they had them all squared away after Aerosmith. Will hurt resale value for sure, unless it literally affects every single game haha... which I guess makes it normal! Luckily I really dig the gameplay and I'm a huge Star Wars nerd... so it'll be with me for some time :)

• STN

Stern Announces Star Wars Pinball Post #6298 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by jar155 – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 3 years ago

... and they have effects and animations in there that are leagues beyond what is in Star Wars. Maybe Stern will improve what they do with the screens going forward, but some of ...

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #29 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by megadeth2600 – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

Hmm. debating.. cancel or keep. I'm a Star Wars fan.. but the playfield does look plain and ordinary. Maybe hyperloop will be worth it?? ... that are a bit too obvious with their mediocrity and cash grabs with my money. I'm a Star Wars nut myself (old trilogy only for the most part ... never cared for the prequels and ... like the way I love the old stuff :-) ). Never in a million years did I think I would cancel a Star Wars pin based only on the old trilogy designed by Steve Ritchie. Bottom line ... I doubt you ...

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #26 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Oneangrymo – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

I was able to cancel mine Thursday with no issues. Hmm. debating.. cancel or keep. I'm a Star Wars fan.. but the playfield does look plain and ordinary. Maybe hyperloop will be worth it?? I need another thread to vote for keep it or cancel it Mo!

• LOC

East Side Pinball (Saint Paul, Minnesota) Post #133 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by policano – in Locations to play ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

... , August 20th, 2017 - Moving the following games to the Minnesota State Fair, Pinball on-a- Stick: Star Wars, Aerosmith, Ghostbusters, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Metallica, South Park, & Meteor. 3 games will remain at ... continue and all prizes will be doubled through December. $25 —> $50 September Super League Games: •Star Wars •Aerosmith •Game of Thrones •Metallica •Meteor Date: 9/6/2017 - 10/6/2017 Play as many games as ...

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #19 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by wxforecaster – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... honest, AC/DC cannon, bells... STTNG, Spider-Man, etc. all had interactive parts. However, it's Star Wars and the evolution of technology would have allowed for at least one or two interactive ...

• EV

Saratoga Pinball Show - 8/12/17 - Saratoga Springs, NY - Next Show Announced! Post #129 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by ForceFlow – in Events ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

Based on a comment I just heard from someone-- If you're one of the people saying that you're not registering a game because you're not seeing enough registered games, all I can say is this: if you register a game, then there will be more. It only takes a few people to get things snowballing. So what are you waiting for? :wink: Also, if you haven't noticed yet, someone is bringing a Star Wars Pro--surely that game alone is worthwhile to play if you haven't had a chance yet. :party:

• STN

Stern NEW policy - GHOSTING IS NORMAL....OR IS IT? Post #312 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Doctor6 – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

I am actually dead serious on this. If someone wants a sw pro known to have a good playfield with maybe 100 plays,, let me know. I'll include a lighted millennium falcon too. Game plays really nice. I'd want 5700 for it...includes shaker and mirrors. Saying a star wars has a "good playfield" is impossible. The art and inserts on that thing are the ugliest I've seen in recent memory. I'm aware you mean "good shape," but don't ever say star wars has a good playfield. That's impossible.

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #11 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by jar155 – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... the game's physical and code design. It's such a vanilla layout. Playing it super safe on Star Wars feels pretty unsatisfying, to be honest. The game is actually fairly easy as well. SUPER ... soup. I very much prefer how Game of Thrones works right now. We'll see how Star Wars continues to develop. The shots themselves feel very nice. The sound is also solid. The ...

• STN

Stern NEW policy - GHOSTING IS NORMAL....OR IS IT? Post #309 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by SilverballNut – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... is really disappointing to me. I've committed to buying a SW Premium, mainly because it is Star Wars and my wife and son are both excited as can be to get it. They ...

• CHR

Help the Children and WIN a NEW STERN Post #2279 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Project_Pinball – in Pinball charity ‐ Last reply 4 days ago

... by our booth! This great turn out of supporters really pushed our sweepstakes this weekend! Star Wars Pro: $50 an entry, only 200 entries. 67% Sold! https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/starwars-pro ... -sweepstakes Star Wars Premium: $75 an entry, only 200 entries. 18% Sold! https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/starwars-premiumsweepstakes ...

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #5 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Hawkeyepin – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

I was fortunate enough to have a DI about 4 machines away to compare the two. It was clear where the extra 2500 bucks went. DI just had much more interesting things to do and an excellent light integration. I'm not a jjp fanboy and always preferred Stern. If there ever was a game primed for a playfield pop up, magnets or centered bash toy, clearly star wars was that game but it seemed like an opportunity was missed sadly.

• RFS

AZ What's FS/FT Post #952 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Darkwing – in Regional for sale threads ‐ Last reply yesterday

Any local star wars pins on route out there to try? I couldn't make it to JJC on Sat unfortunately since I had to work. I really want to try it before my LE ships just in case. The Star Wars Pro is staying at Jimmy James Comics AFAIK. $1/game, cheaper than Tilt... :D

• POD

Head2Head Podcast - **New episodes every Year** Post #6 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by FalconPunch – in Podcasts and video streams ‐ Last reply 95 days ago

... Fails at pinball - Pinburg has the shakes - Ryza and Marty fight over TNA - Heighway Shipping? - Star Wars scoring and review - Stern quality issues - We make a deal - Our first mailbag Website - http://www ...

• POD

Eclectic Gamers Podcast: Episode 215 - 2024 Post-TPF Post #78 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by DennisK – in Podcasts and video streams ‐ Last reply 10 days ago

Episode 40: https://soundcloud.com/user-465086826/episode-40 We have the following topics in the pinball segment: 1) Ghosting clause in Stern's manuals 2) Total Nuclear Annihilation (Spooky's formal announcement with full art/details reveal and pricing) 3) My Sharkey's Shootout project 4) The best modern-era billiards-themed pinball machine. You can vote here: http://www.pollandmatch.com/chooser?pollownerid=5773431236722688&pollid=5668600916475904 5) More thoughts on Stern's Star Wars pin

• STN

Stern NEW policy - GHOSTING IS NORMAL....OR IS IT? Post #290 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by vdojaq – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

I have one other thought as to why this may have happened. We all know Star Wars has been in the pipeline for a long time and has been pushed back from release a ... announce the playfield issues have been resolved? In other words, a calculated gamble because hey, it's Star Wars, it's going to sell no matter what?

• LOC

Where to play in Cincinnati? Post #25 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by snyper2099 – in Locations to play ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

... "classic" tournaments on them soon. Also, the Bar Edition of Arcade Legacy has a Batman66 and Star Wars for 50c / play.

• BOO

Total Nuclear Annihilation production by Spooky Pinball Post #1771 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by jonesjb – in Spooky Pinball ‐ Last reply over 4 years ago

So now people are complaining about the art? Pinside is an odd place. Perhaps Spooky should have just pulled a Stern and Photoshopped the source photos or just took the source material and ran a filter over them to make it look like hand drawn art, a la Star Wars or Game of Thrones; everyone loves when they do that. Oh wait, they can't? People get an original theme, and still find reason to complain. :roll:

• STN

Stern NEW policy - GHOSTING IS NORMAL....OR IS IT? Post #274 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by flashinstinct – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... thr pro model wad at the top of what i wanted to pay and i knew eventually star wars would come around and that i would have to sell a game ro get it. But the ... fact that the price difference between my gb and star wars is more than 1k makes this title unworthy on price alone. Now factor in ghosting ...

• EV

The unofficial 2017 California Extreme CAX thread! Post #163 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by merccat – in Events ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

... there were way more games than you can possibly play in a weekend. Kingpin was a blast. Star Wars was a lot of fun and I liked it a lot but my wife says she still preferrs ...

• ALL

Star Wars - A negative review Post #1 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Hawkeyepin – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

... for their first NIB pin. If you're a huge fan like me (had all the star wars figures including the mail away Boba Fett) then this game may be a let down. I imagine ...

• EV

The unofficial 2017 California Extreme CAX thread! Post #162 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by danisme – in Events ‐ Last reply over 7 years ago

... extra space was really, really nice. The Marco Specialties booth was fantastic with all the Star Wars pros, Aerosmith, GOT, and Metallica, it was great to be able to play without really ...

• STN

Stern NEW policy - GHOSTING IS NORMAL....OR IS IT? Post #221 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Trekkie1978 – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 6 years ago

I know of some examples, but I think they are few and far between. I just don't get how Star Wars could be ghosting. Star Trek LE, Transformers LE, and KISS LE had no ghosting on my games...no clue why stern would change things up.

• RFS

AZ What's FS/FT Post #951 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Jarbyjibbo – in Regional for sale threads ‐ Last reply yesterday

Any local star wars pins on route out there to try? I couldn't make it to JJC on Sat unfortunately since I had to work. I really want to try it before my LE ships just in case.

• STN

Stern Announces Star Wars Pinball Post #6270 in topic

Posted over 7 years ago by Stones – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply over 3 years ago

Just played a few games today on the pro. The game is smooth to shoot and fast. I love Star Wars, but the game is not for me. I enjoyed watching others play.....so I could see the different movie clips play on the lcd.

Found 27,848 forum posts. Currently showing results page 182 of 279.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/search?s=1&q=star%20wars&&page=182 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.