Search the forum

Use the search box to search through all content on the forum.

Click here for a quick explanation of the search feature.

Tip: You may also try your search for 'orbit 1' using Google.

Found 19324 posts

Posts mentioning ‘orbit 1’ ordered by in descending order.

• CLB

Stranger Things Club. Join our Party! Post #21416 in topic

Posted today by Boof-Ed – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... the flipper strength down about as far as I can go without causing too many left orbit issues and still probably getting a 30% success rate. Has anyone looking into the possibility of ...

• STN

Dah dum…Jaws hype thread. Post #7226 in topic

Posted yesterday by flynnibus – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply today

Forgive me if this already has been answered but how do you access the 3D mode? qualify video mode at fish finder - shoot right orbit to start

• CLB

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park..... Post #20979 in topic

Posted yesterday by EaglePin – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply yesterday

Did i lose a screw out of my O shot ? The ball seems to be bouncing and feeding the upper flipper inconsistently as of late. [quoted image] Where is it bouncing? Is it bouncing off the guide before it gets to the flipper? If so then adjust the wireform a bit to get the feed from the wire into the orbit smoother. Is it flipper hop where it’s bouncing away from the face of the flipper as it transitions from the ball guide to the flipper? If so, then adjust the end of the ball guide out a bit.

• CLB

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over. Post #6157 in topic

Posted yesterday by vec-tor – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply yesterday

There are 2 star rollovers on the top corners. What are those for? To read orbit shots. Spinner to first button acts like a complete score reference if the orbit is not complete.

• CLB

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park..... Post #20978 in topic

Posted yesterday by scootss – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply yesterday

Did i lose a screw out of my O shot ? If you're referring to the hole in the metal, that is an opto that tracks if the ball goes around the orbit. No screw missing there.

• CLB

Final Resistance Club - Join The Fight - Everyone Welcome Post #135 in topic

Posted yesterday by Pmaino – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply yesterday

Is there anyway to increase the flipper hold power? Every time the right orbit kickback fires it hits the tip of my right flipper and there isn’t enough power to top the ball. The flipper gets pushed down and the ball goes down the middle. If I don’t hold my flipper up it goes straight down the middle. Basically if I hit that right orbit when the kicker is on I drain my ball.

• CLB

The Lord of the Rings LOTR Journey begins here members club Post #10017 in topic

Posted 2 days ago by Valinor – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... Gandolf Arrow 1SMD Red frosted 555 1 Large Arrow 38 C Orbit Man 1SMD Orange frosted 555 1 39 C Orbit Dwarf 1SMD Yellow frosted 555 1 40 C Orbit Elf 1SMD Warm White frosted 555 1 41 Gimli Arrow ... Merry Arrow 1SMD Red frosted 555 1 Large Arrow 46 R Orbit Man 1SMD Orange frosted 555 1 47 R Orbit Dwarf 1SMD Yellow frosted 555 1 48 R Orbit Elf 1SMD Warm White frosted 555 1 49 Aragon Arrow ...

• CLB

Labyrinth owners club - Give me the Child! Post #1361 in topic

Posted 2 days ago by mpdpvdpin – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

I’m struggling to break 150 mil on mine and I’m a decent player. The inner orbit shot is very tough. It’s almost at the tip of the flipper. I was getting a lot ...

• CLB

Halloween owners thread…He’s Coming Home Post #16673 in topic

Posted 3 days ago by Lostcause – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply yesterday

Yep, same with upper Michael, right orbit and Judith shot :doh: Pretty cool how the ball sways on the magnet before it drops, I do hit the bridge shot easily though thank god!

• CLB

The Official JJP GnR Owners Thread Post #27653 in topic

Posted 3 days ago by daveyvandy – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply yesterday

And touring shots progress from hitting the orbits correct? Yes that's right, don't forget the inner orbit from the upper right flipper.

• CLB

Venom (Stern) Owner's Club. Choose Your Host, Change the Game! Post #2850 in topic

Posted 3 days ago by Eskaybee – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... (Police Station) Flash = Right Ramp (Argo Lab) Gwen = Inner Left Loop (Life Foundation) Peter = Left Orbit (Ryker’s Prison) Hulk = Right Orbit (The Vault Prison) Cpt America = 180 ramp (Life Foundation) Wolverine = Left ... Orbit (Ryker’s Prison) If you complete all 4 shots in a combo, the host hurryups will light at ...

• CLB

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park..... Post #20942 in topic

Posted 4 days ago by bwalter – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply yesterday

... never regretted that, because Disco Multiball is a tiny part of the game and the left orbit diverter back to the right flipper is mostly unnecessary. The big exceptions in my [current ...

• CLB

Venom (Stern) Owner's Club. Choose Your Host, Change the Game! Post #2835 in topic

Posted 4 days ago by CitizenDrain – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... this is happening. 2) Keeping on the same topic, for a Premium or LE sometimes the right orbit swinging target can be a pill, especially from the right flipper! Never fear you can ambush ... him from behind! If you hit a left orbit at a high rate of speed the rebounding swinging target will qualify the hit!

• CLB

Labyrinth owners club - Give me the Child! Post #1333 in topic

Posted 4 days ago by billsfanmd – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... several of my multi ball. Something with stone ??? when 2 balls were trapped in the left orbit and I drained the game seemed to not know what to do....After a minute it a ball ...

• CLB

What’s Up Doc? - it’s the Looney Tunes owners club! Post #1 in topic

Posted 4 days ago by jfh – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply yesterday

... Backglass Optional Direct Print Cabinet (aka “Butter Cabinet”) Original music by Matt Montgomery ACME Vault Orbit Kicker Interactive Acme Crate Bash Door Anvil-Loading Space Rocket Ball Lock Mechanism ACME Magnet ... Taz Whirl-O-Meter Desert Cliff Orbit Diverter and Ball Lock Mechanism Backside Flipper Ball Lock Lifted Captive Ball Four Powder Coated ...

• CLB

Stranger Things Club. Join our Party! Post #21308 in topic

Posted 5 days ago by SantaEatsCheese – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... driving me nuts. On 7 of my last 10 shots up the right orbit, it came back and drianed straight down the middle. Can't nudge or ... the joy out of my game. Does a shot on the right orbit come back to your left flipper, right flipper, or SDTM? Anyone ... been a pita for me as well. I’ve tweaked the right orbit rail to get it to flow more smoothly and have been able to ... % of the time no matter how far up I shoot it up the right orbit. I removed the right return (3 screws and a electrical quick release connector) and ...

• CLB

Stranger Things Club. Join our Party! Post #21305 in topic

Posted 5 days ago by BlueIrocGuy – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... left flipper. This area has been a pita for me as well. I’ve tweaked the right orbit rail to get it to flow more smoothly and have been able to get maybe ...

• CLB

Stranger Things Club. Join our Party! Post #21303 in topic

Posted 5 days ago by SantaEatsCheese – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

All right... this is driving me nuts. On 7 of my last 10 shots up the right orbit, it came back and drianed straight down the middle. Can't nudge or catch it on the flippers and it is sucking the joy out of my game. Does a shot on the right orbit come back to your left flipper, right flipper, or SDTM? Anyone else with this same issue and if so how did you fix it? Thanks! [att=8037018,3780362 caption=""]

• CLB

CONGO CLUB....Owners Only! Post #2731 in topic

Posted 6 days ago by cookpins – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply 2 days ago

I have mine occasionally get stuck underneath the other hand, that’s over the left orbit. Never had it get stuck on this one.

• HB

WIP - The Ball of Cthulhu Post #262 in topic

Posted 6 days ago by leeoneil – in Homebrew pinball ‐ Last reply 5 days ago

... english style. It's instruction for the player, such as "go to the bumpers" or "right orbit right now", to help during the game. It's sounding better and better !

• CLB

Stranger Things Club. Join our Party! Post #21276 in topic

Posted 6 days ago by Jason_Jehosaphat – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... , the flatrail is already as far up as the edge of the neighboring flatrail (right orbit) will allow. As in, if the shooter lane's flatrail were bent any more upwards, ... the ball would collide with edge of the orbit's flatrail. Is this making sense? I don't see an adjustment apart from removing the ... orbit's flatrail (huge PITA), filing away a bit of its edge, and then re-installing it, thereby ...

• CLB

Stranger Things Club. Join our Party! Post #21247 in topic

Posted 7 days ago by SilverUnicorn – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

Still trying to get my new rin Premium dialed in. Watched Chuck's videos but I can get the left eject to shoot around the orbit. It kicks out an hits the right 2 drop targets or the right post behind them. Time to tinker some more I guess. At least the Kinetic lock seems to be working pretty well for now. Still cant land a ball in the Demogorgon unless completely by accident. U mean I am ok with that I guess. You don't want it TOO easy to do? Or maybe I do. I'm not good at playing pinball. LOL Chris

• CLB

Official Avengers Infinity Quest owners thread. "Pinsiders Assemble!" Post #12569 in topic

Posted 7 days ago by Nicholastree – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply 6 days ago

... . Still no problem at all in hitting the Marvel ramp, Stark tower, BW ramp, BP orbit, etc. I'd say these bushings, combined with just maintaining Stern flipper kits, has yielded a 15% increase ...

• CLB

Labyrinth owners club - Give me the Child! Post #1266 in topic

Posted 7 days ago by chrisntr – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

Just got the game and topper set up and excited to try out the new code!! For some reason I keep getting balls stuck under the ramp, and sometimes multiple balls get stuck (and then ball saved) out of the left orbit/captive ball, and my wiseman drop target sticker is all scrunched up. This game is honestly incredible! The topper *just* fits and I thought I had a lot of room to spare! Thanks?! [att=8034322,3777583 caption=""][att=8034322,3777581 caption=""][att=8034322,3777582 caption=""]

• CLB

Labyrinth owners club - Give me the Child! Post #1264 in topic

Posted 7 days ago by Chalkey – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... City Multiball" gameplay in phase 1: ------------------------------------------------------- - The mode is started by locking a ball on the left orbit, between the forks and the drop target, instead of through the U-Turn like normal modes ... ball, you can restart once by re-locking the remaining ball back into the left orbit. - Once the golem is defeated, shoot under the left ramp to enter the city. - The ...

• ALL

Elton and Jaws: A Half-Ass Summation Post #125 in topic

Posted 8 days ago by JakeFAttie – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply 2 days ago

... not a lot of fun. Two extra flippers and neither one of them gives us an orbit or a satisfying shot. And what-the-toy? A bash shark that come up out of a boat ...

• CLB

The Official JJP GnR Owners Thread Post #27622 in topic

Posted 8 days ago by fooflighter – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply yesterday

Drooping the flippers some to make the left ramp hard to back hand will help with this. I did this on my left flipper as well...was getting too easy to make the left ramp, now it's a challenge but still makeable but not a gimme. Makes the right ramp, orbit, and under the flipper shot way more accurate which increases the flow and enjoyability of the game for me as opposed to grinding out song buildup patch exploits.

• CLB

007 James Bond Owners Club - From Stern With Love Post #14448 in topic

Posted 8 days ago by gumnut01 – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... combos on the machine that bring a smile to my face. The right orbit is as quick as my TWD orbit. Code wise, DP is approachable from the get go. Bond is like ...

• CLB

"Morning MU/TH/UR" Pinball Brothers Alien Remake Owners Club Post #17783 in topic

Posted 8 days ago by Batesy – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... had a ball get hung up on it and the sensor works perfectly now. 4. The right orbit always sent the ball back to the right sling or bouncing off the top post ...

• CLB

Venom (Stern) Owner's Club. Choose Your Host, Change the Game! Post #2795 in topic

Posted 8 days ago by Ceemunkey – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... strangest thing - I tested more last night and everything else works flawlessly including those orbit shots for all the other hosts. I've also tried testing with the glass off ... with Peter as the host if I roll the ball over the right orbit then press the left orbit switch with my hand it fails the mini mode. Bizzarely enough after ... is causing it. I think perhaps @citizendrain might be on to something with the right orbit switch (or maybe something else) sticking slightly, so I'll have a closer look at that ...

• CLB

Venom (Stern) Owner's Club. Choose Your Host, Change the Game! Post #2784 in topic

Posted 9 days ago by CitizenDrain – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... white shot for Peter never registers for me...? Weird. Parker's second white shot is a complete orbit not a divert back down and towards the left flipper. Weird, sorry I though I had replied ... white but you should be able to left orbit switch then right orbit switch the second. My hot take is that your right orbit switch is sticky/bent in a way that ... if that awards. If so something is missing when the ball completes the left orbit and the culprit is somewhere on the rights hand of the machine. The diverter ...

• ALL

Help complete my 3 pin collection. What's your ideal 3? Post #57 in topic

Posted 9 days ago by Eskaybee – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply 4 days ago

... but it has some extremely difficult shots for novice players (upper flipper ramp shot, right orbit, and the lair lock shots are the ones that come to mind). A Steve Ritchie game ...

• CLB

Labyrinth owners club - Give me the Child! Post #1233 in topic

Posted 9 days ago by mpdpvdpin – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... during multiball ball save time. That shot is very smashable from the return of the L orbit. I’ve rocked three in a row during multi with this method. Do not step in the ...

• CLB

Venom (Stern) Owner's Club. Choose Your Host, Change the Game! Post #2780 in topic

Posted 9 days ago by Ceemunkey – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... delayed from when it stopped the ball from the right orbit. As for your issue; that is very bizarre. Do other left orbit shots register for other hosts mini modes or multiball ... ? Are there any switches closed during switch test? Yep the orbit works for all other things as far as I can tell eg Gwen's yellow mini mode ... combo works fine where the second shot is the left orbit. When I run active switches in the test - it says these are active: dip 1,3,4 left ...

• CLB

Venom (Stern) Owner's Club. Choose Your Host, Change the Game! Post #2779 in topic

Posted 9 days ago by Eskaybee – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... should - it's really bizarre. Literally I hit the right orbit, then hit the left orbit on the next shot and it's almost as if I " ... fail" the mini mode as soon as it hits the left orbit rollover switch (as I mentioned, it even makes a "failure" sound). Also ... I do notice that the left orbit shot goes all the way around as Peter/Spiderman but I'm not sure its ... , but it's always too late to stop the ball. Left orbit with Peter does go all the way around. The stop post ...

• CLB

Venom (Stern) Owner's Club. Choose Your Host, Change the Game! Post #2778 in topic

Posted 9 days ago by Ceemunkey – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... that it’s completed? Otherwise, I fail to come up with anything that would end the flashing orbit shot. You’ve tried the insert light in test mode and/or seen it light ... the inserts light as they should - it's really bizarre. Literally I hit the right orbit, then hit the left orbit on the next shot and it's almost as if I "fail" the mini mode ... as soon as it hits the left orbit rollover switch (as I mentioned, it even makes a "failure" sound). Also I do notice that the ...

• CLB

Stern Godzilla Official Owners Club King Elwin Post #26835 in topic

Posted 9 days ago by TheBananaPeel69 – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

boy. mastering that live catch off the right orbit is really the key to success with this game!

• CLB

Venom (Stern) Owner's Club. Choose Your Host, Change the Game! Post #2777 in topic

Posted 9 days ago by Chambahz – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... with the glass off, and after Peter's first white shot (right orbit) is hit the left orbit flashes for the next white shot as normal. However, that shot then ... somehow gets immediately "cancelled" if I hit the left orbit switch (it makes a sort of failure sound and the active white shot moves back to ... bug? Guessing it’s not a faulty white insert in the playfield, right? Like maybe the orbit works fine but you’re not seeing the insert showing you that it’s completed? Otherwise ...

• CLB

Venom (Stern) Owner's Club. Choose Your Host, Change the Game! Post #2776 in topic

... testing with the glass off, and after Peter's first white shot (right orbit) is hit the left orbit flashes for the next white shot as normal. However, that shot then ... somehow gets immediately "cancelled" if I hit the left orbit switch (it makes a sort of failure sound and the active white shot moves back to ... the right orbit again). Am I missing something obvious? I thought maybe the orbit switch was wired up incorrectly, but why would that ...

• CLB

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh! Post #10645 in topic

Posted 10 days ago by kevster – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply yesterday

... : But I'm definitely getting better. Honestly, the biggest thing has been continuing to adjust the right orbit ball guide. I didn't realize just how many cheap drains I was getting from that. My survivability ...

• CLB

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh! Post #10644 in topic

Posted 10 days ago by IronMan8Bit – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply yesterday

- What triggers the subway? Does the shot need to land in a specific area under the top playfield, does it get activated through any other rule? 50-60 games in, these two remain a real mystery to me (see what I did here ) I've also seen mine grab balls on those shots to Freds orbit to either activate the Mystery Machine lock a ball or to start a mode like I shot it in the Mystery Machine. I don't know if it's intended or not or if our subways are malfunctioning! Ha.

• CLB

Venom (Stern) Owner's Club. Choose Your Host, Change the Game! Post #2767 in topic

Posted 10 days ago by Ceemunkey – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

Hmmm ok I think I have an issue on my LE. I cannot complete the white mini mode for Peter Parker. First white shot to the right orbit registers ok, but when the 2nd white shot lights for the left orbit, the ball goes all the way around the orbit and doesn't award me the shot. I hear a little clunk like a diverter activating but seems like its too late. Is the ball supposed to get diverted into the VUK?

• CLB

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club! Post #15377 in topic

Posted 10 days ago by Jagrmaister – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

I’m still having a ton of trouble keeping my launch into the left orbit working as it should. I can clean the playfield and adjust the angle of the stainless ... , tighten nut while pushing. Had issues after about 100 plays where the launch into left orbit would miss for a stop into a post or wherever, since the adjustment and 400 or so ... time. Have seen this issue on location countless time. Bricks off the plunge vs the orbit and pisses me off. [att=8029698,3774780 caption=""]

• CLB

Jaws Owners "We're Going To Need a Bigger Club" Post #529 in topic

Posted 10 days ago by flynnibus – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... mini-flipper, fin pops up quickly to be hit. Bounties are started at the right orbit (first one after two orbits). Bounties have a number of shots that must be hit... once ...

• CLB

Venom (Stern) Owner's Club. Choose Your Host, Change the Game! Post #2760 in topic

Posted 10 days ago by CitizenDrain – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

No, sorry the right orbit switch. for example with captain america i can't validate the blue item. each time i light the ... shoot, i make the right lane but not recognized by the machine Cap's right orbit shot is not an orbit, to validate the shot it must land in the trough that feeds the ... so hard that the ball is coming back to the right flipper. Peter Parker's right orbit is like this as well, and I think Flash Thompson too.

• STN

New Metallica? Post #294 in topic

Posted 10 days ago by Rampmaster – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply 3 days ago

... way in the 80s. Was nothing like it. Bands I listen to now (Lamb of God, Orbit Culture, etc) would not exsist.

• CLB

Venom (Stern) Owner's Club. Choose Your Host, Change the Game! Post #2755 in topic

Posted 11 days ago by BubbaPin – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... to time aswell as alot of other players. ball goes into right orbit, deflector comes down, stops ball, ball is supposed to fall down ... , bit if hit too hard will bounce back down the right orbit. alot of players have stated to check the deflector mech to ... 247 with pinmonk fans, at this set up when i make that orbit im succesful about 80 percent of the time. still trying to figure ... yet. reminds me of spiderman, that game had same issue with left orbit shot, but you could resolve it with putting a bumper pad on ...

• CLB

Venom (Stern) Owner's Club. Choose Your Host, Change the Game! Post #2753 in topic

Posted 11 days ago by SkyKing2301 – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... mode? Depends on the scenario, it might appear to not be working -- 1) Some right orbit shots for a mini-mode (e.g., on Flash), require the ball to go up the right ... . 2) This one is common on a lot of Stern games with a switch in the right orbit -- during ball saves and multiballs, whenever the game is shooting ball(s) into play, it will ... ignore the right orbit switch, because it can't tell if the switch is activated by a ball in play ...

• CLB

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club! Post #15364 in topic

Posted 11 days ago by Apollo18 – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... the shot enough on mine that fixed my plunge into orbit. I’m still having a ton of trouble keeping my launch into the left orbit working as it should. I can clean the playfield and ...

• CLB

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club! Post #15363 in topic

Posted 11 days ago by AssaultSuit – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

I’m still having a ton of trouble keeping my launch into the left orbit working as it should. I can clean the playfield and adjust the angle of the stainless guide but it’ll start hitting the little flipper in only 20 games or so. I don’t want to clean that often to keep it going right and I have seen filthy IMDN pros on route where the launch transfer works 90%+. Is there a bulletin from Stern or a thorough guide for getting this right?

• CLB

Venom (Stern) Owner's Club. Choose Your Host, Change the Game! Post #2751 in topic

Posted 11 days ago by Marco44 – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

the right orbit? if so does it come back around the right orbit as if it bounced out? No, sorry the right orbit switch. for example with captain america i can't validate the blue item. each time i light the blue second shoot, i make the right lane but not recognized by the machine

• CLB

Venom (Stern) Owner's Club. Choose Your Host, Change the Game! Post #2750 in topic

Posted 11 days ago by BubbaPin – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

Sorry I did some research but clearly didn't go through the 55 pages of the topic. I have a problem with my pro, the right lane does not take into account the passage of the ball in play even though it works very well in test mode? the right orbit? if so does it come back around the right orbit as if it bounced out?

• CLB

007 James Bond Owners Club - From Stern With Love Post #14366 in topic

Posted 11 days ago by m00nmuppet – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

I absolutely adore this game, the theme the rules and the flow... it hits on all 3 such a gem and the first time I broke 2b on a pin [quoted image] It's such a cool pin with so many modes. Love the layout and crazy shot paths on the right, and the super satisfying spinner/orbit/ramp shot on the left, plus the set-up to the upper flipper with the rocket gate, genius. It should be higher in the rankings. Even GF, Venom and (soon) Elton get to flash into the Top 10 for a week. Bond deserves it more.

• HGR

New pinball skateboard deck Post #4 in topic

Posted 12 days ago by Yoko2una – in All gameroom talk ‐ Last reply 8 days ago

I mean that left orbit is completely unhittable. Must be a Pinball Adventures or HomePin design.

• CLB

Foo Fighters Official Owners club - "Rock Aliens" Post #10668 in topic

Posted 13 days ago by splitcms – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

Does anyone have the problem with area 51 multiball where the mode will start even if that back target isnt hit? Not sure if thats part of the game or not. I'll make it to the upper playfield, hit the spinner enough times and the orbit, then sometimes a shot to the spinner will start the multiball mode instead of hitting the orbit shot and the standup target. I figured it might have been just a sensitive standup target switch but I've tested everything in the switch test and everything is fine.

• STN

Dah dum…Jaws hype thread. Post #6969 in topic

Posted 13 days ago by Zen_Monkey – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply today

... return it to left flipper was easy to hit ( i never got it to do the orbit one). But i suspect the game is a lot harder and flow gets faster once you start ...

• TDM

Nascar / Grand Prix Inner orbit post not working Post #3 in topic

Posted 13 days ago by arolden – in Tech: DMD era games ‐ Last reply 13 days ago

... game went into ball search because I had the balls out of the trough. The inner orbit post fired during the ball search. Then, when I went to test it in test mode ...

• CLB

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all. Post #16015 in topic

Posted 14 days ago by BrokenChair – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply 2 days ago

So I could suggestion of some people I removed this piece from my game I don’t know why it was there, but it makes the right orbit shop much better.. I know this has been discussed before but I just wanted to say wow what a difference… Took me about an hour to figure out, but once it was out, I could see no reason why it would be there.. [att=8023483,3769450 caption=""][att=8023483,3769451 caption=""]

• CLB

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all. Post #16010 in topic

Posted 14 days ago by BrokenChair – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply 2 days ago

... the sword enough so I can get that metal edge on the left of the right orbit I think I just need to remove the 2 obvious metal screws ; 2 small black handle screws and a final ...

• CLB

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all. Post #16006 in topic

Posted 14 days ago by vikingerik – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply 2 days ago

... ? If you hold the left flipper while you plunge, the ball will exit the left orbit with good speed and then you can drop the flipper as the ball touches it ... off of it and pass to your right flipper. I can live catch from most left orbit exits on mine. This is very sensitive to flipper rubber though, it only works well ...

• CLB

The Official JJP GnR Owners Thread Post #27580 in topic

Posted 14 days ago by mostater – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply yesterday

... when it came apart. - Also, should there be a mini-post and rubber in the left orbit? I can place a ball there and consider it stuck. I see no evidence of anything being here ... , but it looks identical on mine. Same with the lack of post in the left orbit. Never had a ball stuck there during game play so it's been a non-issue for me ...

• CLB

The Official JJP GnR Owners Thread Post #27579 in topic

Posted 15 days ago by wrd1972 – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply yesterday

Two more questions. Does this stud over the right most rollover guide serve a purpose. There was nothing there when it came apart. - Also, should there be a mini-post and rubber in the left orbit? I can place a ball there and consider it stuck. I see no evidence of anything being here from the factory because the clearcoat is not pooled up an eight-inch high. - Thanks [att=8022501,3768701 caption=""][att=8022501,3768704 caption=""]

• CLB

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all. Post #16003 in topic

Posted 15 days ago by Smack – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply 2 days ago

... directly to the flippers (like SW, STh.) Deadpool's plunge can only come down the left orbit hard or exit the bumpers, and both of those are risky. On mine, if you ... medium-soft so the ball tops out just below the orbit switch, sometimes it will rattle enough to come down the right orbit entrance softly. Or if it goes back into the ... ? If you hold the left flipper while you plunge, the ball will exit the left orbit with good speed and then you can drop the flipper as the ball touches it ...

• CLB

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all. Post #16002 in topic

Posted 15 days ago by bwalter – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply 2 days ago

Deadpool doesn't feed the plunge to a flipper (like JP, AIQ) or allow a soft plunge directly to the flippers (like SW, STh.) Deadpool's plunge can only come down the left orbit hard or exit the bumpers, and both of those are risky. Interesting. On my DP Pro, a full-power plunge (or a strong shot to Wolverine) coming around the left orbit almost always hits the left flipper, and *occasionally* the left sling. It pretty much never goes SDTM. Now, rejects from either Katana shot, on the other hand... :evil:

• CLB

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all. Post #15999 in topic

Posted 15 days ago by vikingerik – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply 2 days ago

... directly to the flippers (like SW, STh.) Deadpool's plunge can only come down the left orbit hard or exit the bumpers, and both of those are risky. On mine, if you ... medium-soft so the ball tops out just below the orbit switch, sometimes it will rattle enough to come down the right orbit entrance softly. Or if it goes back into the ...

• LCD

Deadpool control gate opens on initial plunger pull Post #5 in topic

Posted 15 days ago by Deek – in Tech: LCD era games ‐ Last reply 15 days ago

... where the top lane control gate will still open up and let the ball fully orbit on a new plunge even when I don't hold down the left flipper button. Everything checks out ...

• MO

GHOSTBUSTERS Mod's - Fire House, Flat Iron, Library & Sky Storm Cloud Post #468 in topic

Posted 15 days ago by swinks – in All modding! ‐ Last reply 3 days ago

... does change the feel in a positive way and I love being able to see down the orbit path on that side now.

• CLB

Stranger Things Club. Join our Party! Post #21122 in topic

Posted 15 days ago by Sinistarrett – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... lock straight down the damn middle. Nearly impossible to make the mouth shot too. Right orbit shots and mystery shot returns clanging off the slings to drain out the sides! Aaarggh ...

• !!

UPDATED: Dead Drop Foam Has Bounced Back! Post #11 in topic

Posted 15 days ago by jdoz2 – in New parts announcements ‐ Last reply 15 days ago

I recently put some of this stuff in my space station to help with the left orbit lock rejects. This helped a ton and I haven't had a reject since. Im going to try it on my robocop next for the same reject issue but on the right saucer.

• ALL

Elton and Jaws: A Half-Ass Summation Post #51 in topic

Posted 15 days ago by LeMansFan – in All Pinball ‐ Last reply 2 days ago

... that kid yell Shark! That gets old fast! And I don’t know why, but that left orbit shot just fell completely flat with me. Elton John on the other hand. That thing ...

• CLB

Venom (Stern) Owner's Club. Choose Your Host, Change the Game! Post #2680 in topic

Posted 16 days ago by CitizenDrain – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... existing shot paths 1 : 1. Also, there's nothing quite like that tension and release of NAILING a right orbit to complete a mini-mode and your level 3 Rampage all in one go.

• CLB

Foo Fighters Official Owners club - "Rock Aliens" Post #10614 in topic

Posted 16 days ago by Chet_Hardbody – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

Does anyone know who’s dog is on the playfield near the left orbit and what kind of dog it is?

• CLB

Labyrinth owners club - Give me the Child! Post #1055 in topic

Posted 16 days ago by mpdpvdpin – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... the power on the upper flipper but I backed mine down after finding the shots. Inner orbit can be a hard shot, you want to aim for the guide rail at the tip ...

• CLB

Dialed In Owners and Fans Club Post #13581 in topic

Posted 17 days ago by DeeGor – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply 7 days ago

... this update will change the flow of the game in a negative way. Hitting the right orbit shot too fast tends to result in the ball flying over the wireform switch next ...

• CLB

007 James Bond Owners Club - From Stern With Love Post #14261 in topic

Posted 17 days ago by JustEverett – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

I like Elvira a lot. It definitely has great code, excellent level of camp (the b horror movies are hilarious). All that said, I do think bond is a better game. The layout in bond is so good. Definitely clunkier than Elvira, but Elvira’s fan is so smooth it’s often too easy. Drop catch off the orbit. Shoot it up the middle. Over and over.

• CLB

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near! Post #4781 in topic

Posted 17 days ago by RussMyers – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply 3 days ago

... , should probably be selectable ON/OFF in the settings? 5. ULTRA Skill Shot: Ball start, Full orbit from plunge, then shoot directly into the Beta Capsule Scoop - "SHUUUUWATCH !!!!!" RussMyers

• HB

Legends of Vox Machina - The Pinball Post #18 in topic

Posted 17 days ago by leeoneil – in Homebrew pinball ‐ Last reply yesterday

Nice, you work fast ! And the game looks already superfun whith that external orbit and the inner orbit !

• CLB

Venom (Stern) Owner's Club. Choose Your Host, Change the Game! Post #2649 in topic

Posted 17 days ago by BubbaPin – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

Had at it at a 6.5. Noticed some rejects from right orbit aswell as issues with being able to make it up left ramp. Installed flipper fans today and adjusted pitch to a 6.7. Left ramp is better. Still some rejects from right orbit. The jump ramp thingie on the right horseshoe is rough from left flipper. Flipper fans do help though i can say, left ramp continues to stay backhandable Beat knull last night, got captain America. Fun as hell

• PFR

If i want to edit the playfield art what kind of paint? Post #3 in topic

Posted 18 days ago by Jagrmaister – in Playfield restoration ‐ Last reply 18 days ago

... clear (I believe Satin finish) because the areas were into the locks and around the back orbit so it was easy to isolate to playfield only with tape and not have to ...

• CLB

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all. Post #15989 in topic

Posted 18 days ago by BrokenChair – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply 2 days ago

Thank you vikingeriki must have missed it or forgot. I'm only human.. thanks again my right orbit shot is very clunky as well its a tight shot has t one hit perfectly to work

• STN

*~*THE~NEXT~STERN*~* Post #44962 in topic

Posted 18 days ago by pinmister – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply today

... . Some of the shots are really unique and love how it flows especially the left orbit that feeds to lower left(feels really good). Love the sound of the fishing reel ... I can see how they play different. I am not sure I will enjoy the upper and the orbit shot on the Pro is magical as it switches up flow from standard fan layouts ...

• STN

Dah dum…Jaws hype thread. Post #6816 in topic

Posted 18 days ago by pinmister – in Stern Pinball ‐ Last reply today

... . Some of the shots are really unique and love how it flows especially the left orbit that feeds to lower left(feels really good). Love the sound of the fishing reel ... I can see how they play different. I am not sure I will enjoy the upper and the orbit shot on the Pro is magical as it switches up flow from standard fan layouts ...

• CLB

Galactic Tank Force Owners Club - Get your ice cream here! Post #1098 in topic

Posted 18 days ago by Ferret – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

When lock is lit, left orbit shots trigger the magnet to capture the ball over the left VUK. Both the Left Orbit Enter and Left Orbit Exit switches need to register.

• CLB

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all. Post #15985 in topic

Posted 19 days ago by vikingerik – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply 2 days ago

I’m really confused and would like some clarification Soemtimes when I plunge and it goes down domino opening I get credit for a domino powerup??? Is it supposed to work that way ? Didn't I explain this to you a few pages ago? If you plunge so the ball crosses the right orbit switch twice (going up and then again going back down), the second hit counts as a right orbit shot, for Domino and also weapons and chimichangas.

• CLB

JJP Elton John Official Owners Club Post #302 in topic

Posted 19 days ago by daveyvandy – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

Does Elton John have any magnets used during gameplay? Yes. One above the pop bumpers to grab orbit shots to feed super jets.

• CLB

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all. Post #15980 in topic

Posted 19 days ago by vikingerik – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply 2 days ago

Just rattled around most of the time and ended in the pops There are times when the ball is supposed to divert into the pops - notably when Sabretooth is running. Sure you're not just seeing that? My right orbit is fine and I've never seen a Deadpool where it wasn't. I don't think there's any reason to expect you'd get a bad one.

• CLB

Labyrinth owners club - Give me the Child! Post #1031 in topic

Posted 19 days ago by Chalkey – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

That must be some magical ball recovery code... Lost ball recovery code makes it so the game compensates for a stucky that can not be unstuckied. The ball search code is fine. I upped the flipper pulse time a little bit. I haven't been there when this happened but players told me they thought it was jumping up after a shot from the upper flipper towards the ramp / orbit.

• CLB

Labyrinth owners club - Give me the Child! Post #1030 in topic

Posted 19 days ago by MrMikeman – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... anything and when I hit the shot perfectly (and hard) it cruises right through The upper orbit from the third flipper is a bit weird. The entrance for that shot is super wide ... as it rattles back out 80% of the time. You have to hit the left orbit ball guide ASAP on that shot for it to go around.

• LCD

Mando machine that drains when level Post #2 in topic

Posted 20 days ago by dtopinballer – in Tech: LCD era games ‐ Last reply 19 days ago

Looks like I might have found others with the same issue. Wanted to confirm ball is supposed to hit the left flipper, looks like it is. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mandalorian-left-orbit-metal-rail-adjustment-question

• LCD

Mando machine that drains when level Post #1 in topic

Posted 20 days ago by dtopinballer – in Tech: LCD era games ‐ Last reply 19 days ago

... launch the ball, it typically hits the left flipper when it comes down the left orbit? Here is a video of the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMvxmR-Qcnw I then did ... a slow motion video and I think as the ball comes down the left orbit, it hits the post which changes its trajectory. https://youtu.be/sscGtTNRgD0?t=27 (around 27 ...

• CLB

Jaws Owners "We're Going To Need a Bigger Club" Post #255 in topic

Posted 20 days ago by Xelz – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... control to hit my intended targets. Just three games in and I was already hitting the “orbit” shot 4 of 5 times when intended - The location turned the auto plunge power waaaaaay down so ...

• CLB

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all. Post #15976 in topic

Posted 20 days ago by vikingerik – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply 2 days ago

Thinking about getting back into the club, but with a premium this time. My old DP the right orbit shot was clunky more than half the time. Has this shot been corrected on the newer builds to be smoother? I have an older build (pre Insider) and the right orbit shot is always smooth. What was clunky about yours?

• LCD

JJP Fully Populated Enhanced I/O Board Post #495 in topic

Posted 20 days ago by GrooTheWanderer – in Tech: LCD era games ‐ Last reply 3 days ago

... fired so hard that it spun the spinner while shooting the ball around the right orbit into the pops. I smiled when that happened but I’m not sure I need yet another way for ...

• LCD

JJP Fully Populated Enhanced I/O Board Post #493 in topic

Posted 20 days ago by Betelgeuse – in Tech: LCD era games ‐ Last reply 3 days ago

I’ve heard a few pinsiders mention that the updated IO board has improved pops,slings and even magnets.Can people that have upgraded chime in on this? From my experience, it does. I installed the updated board in Pirates the other day. Multiple times, I have had the pop bumpers send the ball all the way through the orbit to the upper-left flipper, which never happened before. The starmap magnet also throws the ball around a lot more.

• CLB

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club! Post #18731 in topic

Posted 20 days ago by Betelgeuse – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply yesterday

... before is that the pop bumpers can send the ball straight up and around the orbit to the upper-left flipper. I've had lot more success with that Lawlor shot through ...

• CLB

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all. Post #15972 in topic

Posted 20 days ago by Mattyk – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply 2 days ago

Thinking about getting back into the club, but with a premium this time. My old DP the right orbit shot was clunky more than half the time. Has this shot been corrected on the newer builds to be smoother?

• CLB

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs) Post #14976 in topic

Posted 20 days ago by junkyard – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

Thank you for sharing a picture of what was causing the SDTM orbit. I will fix this on my CC LE #932 I read this and went and checked mine, yep opto poking out. I put a washer under the bracket on one screw. Seems to be working and doesn’t go SDTM on the orbit now. Thanks for highlighting it. I was wondering what was causing it.

• CLB

Venom (Stern) Owner's Club. Choose Your Host, Change the Game! Post #2622 in topic

Posted 20 days ago by John1210 – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... them there is very little action, Eddy would have been better chucking a spinner on each orbit.

• CLB

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs) Post #14973 in topic

Posted 20 days ago by JoeChamp – in All clubs (...members only!) ‐ Last reply today

... a video of how the ball was passing through that area and touching along the left orbit to feel the opto protruding, your suggestion seemed to fit the situation. I removed the bracket ... "fun way." [quoted image] Thank you for sharing a picture of what was causing the SDTM orbit. I will fix this on my CC LE #932

• HB

HOMEBREW: Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Post #131 in topic

Posted 21 days ago by DaddyManD – in Homebrew pinball ‐ Last reply 5 days ago

Yesterday I started working on the actual shoot whitewood. I've installed a couple mechs, and will continue to develope it over the next couple weeks. This is always the slow part, setting shots, wiring thi gs up, testing, and retracing things. I know it's not super interesting, but this part is key, and vital to a decent pin. We put a lot of work into these, and we want them to be right, and fun. [quoted image] LOVE this build! and interested to see what’s going on in that left orbit area!

Found 19,324 forum posts. Currently showing results page 1 of 194.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/search?s=1&q=orbit%201 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.