Shortly after I had gotten out of the service, I had moved back to live with parents untill we had become stable enough to get out own place to rent. Over the years I had always tried to get things for my father to remenence on his childhood, and relive those memories though objects. One day we had a discussion on pinball machines, in which to me growing up in the 80's I was thinking machines with lights, features, flippers and such. But he mentioned something like a Bingo Machine. I got on the internet and started looking at what I could afford at the time.
Around November of 2015 I had seen a couple machines on Ebay for around $250.00 and said what the hell, It didnt look bad in the pictures and was thinking couldnt be that difficult to fix if it needed it. My wife and daughter and I had set out on a road trip around 250mi to obtain these machines. It was a Bally Lido and Bahama Beach machine. After looking at them in real life it really didnt seem all that bad untill I got home for a closer inspection. Noticed a lot of wood rotting away from moisture, but playing field and most parts was still in the Bahama Beach Machine, and Lido was actually just for parts due to missing a ton of things. But both playingfields was straight, and pretty good condition. After I had presented these machines to my father for Christmas I had began to work on the playing field cabinet to help support it's own weight and stop falling apart at the seams. After a couple months of working got it in a decent condition, and we sat the score board cabinet on the playing field cabinet and noticed the top cabinet was seperating under its own weight and was causing alot of internal componets to crush each other. Turned machine on, didnt do much. Again it sat for another few months with nothing being done.
In 2017 I had secured my own house with my family, and moved the machine to my little shop to finish this project, and to keep me busy when I get board. This year has been very productive on this machine, After disassembling the cabinet I seen a lot of electrical problems, parts that was burnt out, and wires that was cobbled up and decided to start working. Fired up the soldering iron and went to work, and tried to use as much shrink wrap as possible to stop short circuits and less electrical tape (looks a lot better outcome in my option).
After months in a stand still with the mystic lanes features unit I had finally come to a place for help. Seems like all the old bingo sites people are no longer there, and always made me feel bad after finding out they had gone to the arcade in the sky. After finding this site, I was able to get the mystic lanes feature unit soldered back up, and find answers to my questions. This year my goal is to get this unit in a working order and have a long ways to go!