(Topic ID: 52877)

You asked for it, you got it .... Lengthy WOZ gameplay video!

By gweempose

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by B9
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

You_Da_Man.jpg
There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

I believe this video covers most of the modes currently available in the game. I was hoping to show them all individually, but it got a little crazy on ball three. At one point, I think I had four modes stacked: "Dorothy Escapes Multiball", "Emerald City Multiball", Munchkin Frenzy, and Lights ON 2X Scoring.

Bear in mind, the software is still at a fairly early stage. There are some bugs, and I also think a couple of my switches may need a little tweaking. That being said, the game still plays quite well. Sorry about the video being sideways. I couldn't figure out any other way to fit the entire playfield and LCD in the shot.

Enjoy!

Edit: Rotated version now available:

#2 10 years ago

My neck hurts!

Seriously though, nice work Bri! Looks great. Doesn't look "slow" either, especially for a wide body. What is your pitch?

#3 10 years ago

Neck hurts

#4 10 years ago

Apparently you can rotate uploaded videos on YouTube:

#5 10 years ago

By the way, what is it that happens at about the 3:57 mark when you lose the ball, then it's put back into play, and says "one shot" with the LCD saying "Toto Escapes"? The pin went dead shortly after that, like you lost the ball or tilted? Did you just not hit the shot in time to keep the ball alive?

#6 10 years ago

I believe the 'one shot' is a chance to save your drain from the TOTO rollovers

#7 10 years ago

Very Nice Gweem !

#8 10 years ago

Very cool! Thanks for Sharing!

#9 10 years ago

Great video.

I spent some time on it at the Silverball museum yesterday.

I should have watched Alex's video before hand, though.

Anyone who says woz isn't a fun and challenging pin clearly has no idea what they're talking about.

Enjoy!

#10 10 years ago

Oh, and one more thing: nice hair!

#11 10 years ago

Toto Escapes is when the ball drains down the right outlane, hitting each rollover T-O-T-O. the ball goes back into play and you have a limited amount of time to hit a certain shot. Hit the shot in time and it saves your ball and you keep playing.

There is not enough time to hit the switch in this version of the software. Something they are fixing in the next update.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

By the way, what is it that happens at about the 3:57 mark when you lose the ball, then it's put back into play, and says "one shot" with the LCD saying "Toto Escapes"? The pin went dead shortly after that, like you lost the ball or tilted? Did you just not hit the shot in time to keep the ball alive?

If you light all four of the "TOTO" rollovers in the right outlane, it will go into "Toto Escapes" mode when your ball drains. The idea is that you have a very limited amount of time to make the lit shot. If you do it, you get your ball back. As it stands, it's virtually impossible to accomplish. You simply aren't given enough time, and the ball usually doesn't even make it to the flippers before everything goes dead. To be honest, I think I actually made it once, and I still didn't get the ball back. As I said before, the software is quite rough in some areas.

Edit: Looks like Pinstym beat me to it.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Toto Escapes is when the ball drains down the right outlane, hitting each rollover T-O-T-O. the ball goes back into play and you have a limited amount of time to hit a certain shot. Hit the shot in time and it saves your ball and you keep playing.
There is not enough time to hit the switch in this version of the software. Something they are fixing in the next update.

That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

Edit: thanks to Gweem as well, who answered while I was typing.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Oh, and one more thing: nice hair!

LOL! I know, I look like some kind of mad scientist. I need a hair cut bad!

#15 10 years ago

best video so far, thanks for posting it.

#16 10 years ago

Thanks for the video! It's the first one I've seen that makes it feel like a real game. Nice job stacking everything. Obviously some of the transitions are a little clunky (like the drains to TOTO and TNPLH) but it's looking really promising now overall!

#17 10 years ago

What was that you said about not having time for video again?

#18 10 years ago

Watching on iPad? Double click home button. Swipe icons on the bottom to the right till it stops. Click on the little semi circle with the arrow and it locks the screen so you can hold the iPad vertically and watch.

#19 10 years ago

Fun to watch. Thank you !

LTG : )

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

What was that you said about not having time for video again?

Did you see his hair?!

#21 10 years ago

Stop with the videos!!!! (not getting mine for another 2 months)...

#22 10 years ago

Really impressed with the machine. Seems quick playing with decent shots and a deep rule set. Sounds are nice too, not at all grating like some have mentioned. I bet it looks sweet with all those LED's going crazy in a dark room. Those that have been patient seem as though they will be rewarded with an awesome game.

#23 10 years ago

Wow that's so weird. So cool, but so weird! It doesn't look like it plays like any Sterns or BW games. It looks like it has a completely unique feel to it. Kinda like a Capcom or something. Hard to describe, especially without playing it. It's very clear to me that the LCD has endless potential for theme and gameplay integration and creativity.
Hope its fun!

#24 10 years ago

Great video and great game! Gweem, have you finished " there's no place like home" ( or whatever its called)? Only completed 2 stages so far. Have done toto escapes....do a soft plunge and let ball fall to right flipper. The shot is usually the ramp.
It was fun to be able to watch the LCD as you played ( oh so that's what's showing on rescue multiball). Thanks for the video!

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What is your pitch?

Just checked, and it's at 5.8. It's probably supposed to be a little steeper. It's also not quite level.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Gweem, have you finished " there's no place like home" ( or whatever its called)? Only completed 2 stages so far.

I finished the first three stages. Don't even remember what the fourth one was. It's a very cool idea having the multi-stages and showing the film clips on the screen during them. I do, however, think it's so special that it should probably only be available once per game. As it stands, you could technically get it multiple times if you keep draining down the left.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Just checked, and it's at 5.8. It's probably supposed to be a little steeper. It's also not quite level.

Nice, that means it will actually play faster when you ramp it up to at least 6.5 degrees. Doesn't look slow now, and the ball isn't floating like it was in so many of those early videos from the shows.

Quoted from TomN:

Sounds are nice too, not at all grating like some have mentioned.

I have to agree, and it was a relief to see (hear) that the (annoying to me) WOZ music is not playing constantly. Some of the sounds were pretty cool.

#28 10 years ago

Nice vid.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I finished the first three stages. Don't even remember what the fourth one was. It's a very cool idea having the multi-stages and showing the film clips on the screen during them. I do, however, think it's so special that it should probably only be available once per game. As it stands, you could technically get it multiple times if you keep draining down the left.

It will be limited more than likely as will toto. And probably configurable.

#30 10 years ago

Great video,Looks like it is coming along nicely in all aspects.I especially liked the animations on the LCD!!Thanks Gweem

#31 10 years ago

Great video Gweem.....and slow, it's not, even at 5.8, should be a blazer at 6.5

The crystal ball is great, sound, lcd, lights, etc....wow factor

#32 10 years ago

best vid i have seen yet.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Stop with the videos!!!! (not getting mine for another 2 months)...

Ignorance is bliss. No videos for me until I play first hand!

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Ignorance is bliss. No videos for me until I play first hand!

I totally get that. I purposely didn't play the game at Expo or MGC because I wanted the first time to be in my house on my machine.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I totally get that. I purposely didn't play the game at Expo or MGC because I wanted the first time to be in my house on my machine.

I would never be able to maintain that level of discipline. I would have been all over it.

#36 10 years ago

Looks like @ 8:45 you got screwed by the Crystal ball popper

#37 10 years ago

Awesome video -thanks for posting it!
Hope you have a blast with your new pin.

#38 10 years ago

Thanks for posting, I really enjoyed watching the video

#39 10 years ago

Thanks for sharing Gweem. I haven't been following WOZ much, been waiting for it to be closer to finished. This was a nice video.

I find it interesting that it is such a low scoring game. Until you got multiball going it was REALLY low scoring.

#40 10 years ago

Rotate the vid! I'll watch it then. I can't move my monitor, lol.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Actually I hit it about half the time on the one at Joystix. It may be longer though, who knows.

#42 10 years ago

Great video Gweem, thank you. And congratulations on your shooting; you really put the game through its paces for us!

#43 10 years ago

I've booked an appointment with my Chiropractor after that indulgence!
Thanks for the Vid post!

#44 10 years ago

Cool video...thanks for sharing. It would of been sweet to see it in the dark all lit up and to see the color changing GI....couldn't really see the effects with the room lights on. And what happened to the flying monkey toy?? Did that idea get scrapped?

#45 10 years ago

Meh, I think the playfield looks all dimpled

lol JK!!!

Nice video man, thanks for being the first person to upload some WOZ meat & taters!!!!

Game On!

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

And what happened to the flying monkey toy??

He's back there. I think it just didn't get the ball during that game. It was installed and working in the game I played.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

He's back there. I think it just didn't get the ball during that game. It was installed and working in the game I played.

It absolutely did. That's how he got rescue multiball. The monkey came down and grabbed the ball in the rear of the playfield.

#48 10 years ago

The monkey is cool as hell.

#49 10 years ago

Awesome job. Great playing too. It looks really fun. I understand why people say there is so much going on. Definitely a lot of wow factor going on. Thanks for taking the time do this.

#50 10 years ago

Great job with the video gweem! Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-asked-for-it-you-got-it-lengthy-woz-gameplay-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.