Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by BrianR73
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20121206_202814.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Code was suppled by Brian who got it on his xmen le and then backed it up and sent it to me.

ftp://jackal2001.gotdns.com/xmenle122.zip

UPDATE:
    Updated my machine. Works fine. Ignore the file name when shown in the display as it looks like it is truncating the name. Before the fash it looks like 1.1 or something like that in the display. IMG_20121206_202814.jpgIMG_20121206_202814.jpg

#2 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

Code was suppled by Brian who got it on his xmen le and then backed it up and sent it to me.
    Make sure to run the verify on the code before letting it flash as I didn't have time to test it and it was sent through email.
    Let me know if it works/doesn't work.

Yeah...get some other sucker to install it and F up their machine! Brilliant!

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

Yeah...get some other sucker to install it and F up their machine! Brilliant!

This is a complete ignorant statement. Even if its flagged all f's and 0's to the flash the pinball os is hard coded in the eprom and separate of the flash. The core os to update will always boot. Outside of the original OS becoming corrupt which could never happen from a flash the SAM system is virtually brick proof. Please know what you speak of.

#4 11 years ago

Thanks but ill pass till the power pack is out this month

#5 11 years ago

Thumbs downing technical fact sure sucks huh.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

This is a complete ignorant statement. Even if its flagged all f's and 0's to the flash the pinball os is hard coded in the eprom and separate of the flash. The core os to update will always boot. Outside of the original OS becoming corrupt which could never happen from a flash the SAM system is virtually brick proof. Please know what you speak of.

How so...yeah, you aren't going destroy the machine but it won't work and you'll have to revert to the old code. That takes time and your high scores are gone. Maybe "F up their machine" was the wrong statement, but I don't want to waste my time and destroy my high score table. The OP wants someone else to take the risk...that was the WHOLE point.

#7 11 years ago

your high score table does not carry over into a update anyway. New rules new scores. Always been that way since day 1. Even if the flash was successful no old scores for you. Your point is moot.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Thumbs downing technical fact sure sucks huh.

Don't worry buddy I gave you a thumbs up.

#9 11 years ago

Plus the System does its own authentication on it before install if you ask it to. Rom runs with sam.c its good to go.

#10 11 years ago

Works like a champ, thanks!

#11 11 years ago

well, does anyone know what the actual differences are?

#12 11 years ago

Current version is V1.21 - September 24, 2012
    This version is V1.22

#13 11 years ago

I only played 2 games and didn't notice anything different yet.

#14 11 years ago

Check the locks. I know they were running an updated version of the code on the Pro's at Expo that disabled the real lock and made it a virtual lock (oh what a fix).

#15 11 years ago

Cable just appeared through a time portal in my basement and gave me code 1.23, enjoy your ancient 1.22.......mouthbreathers

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

UPDATE:
    Updated my machine. Works fine. Ignore the file name when shown in the display as it looks like it is truncating the name. Before the fash it looks like 1.1 or something like that in the display.

Thanks for your post.

#17 11 years ago

Yeah...thanks jackal. I played a few games and didn't notice any differences, but I like to have any code revisions that are released. I'm still heart broken I didn't get a copy of 1.0.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Cable just appeared through a time portal in my basement and gave me code 1.23, enjoy your ancient 1.22.......mouthbreathers

Happen to see some Transformers Code in there?

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

He said they were all exiled to Genosha and therefore irrelevant. He also mentioned the game was, meh...

#20 11 years ago

Anyone figure out the differences yet because I can't find any?

#21 11 years ago

Anyone's board blow out on 1.22 yet?

#22 11 years ago

I have hit Xavier mode 4 times and no Nightcrawler pop up during it. Maybe they realized popping up a left Nightcrawler that wasn't the mutant was a terrible mistake so they took Nightcrawler out of Xavier mode all together.

If that is the case...hopeful he will return in the mode in a better and more well thought out fashion on future updates.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

That code came from the machine they sent to me. You all should of asked me, I could of told you it doesnt really change anything. I was just happy that Stern kept their word and updated the replacement machine BEFORE they sent it out to me.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from BrianR73:

That code came from the machine they sent to me. You all should of asked me, I could of told you it doesnt really change anything. I was just happy that Stern kept their word and updated the replacement machine BEFORE they sent it out to me.

Well if it doesn't change anything...why would you care if it's updated? Does saying 1.22 instead of 1.21 magically fix any problems that it would have had other wise?

Anyway...thanks for backing it up and putting it out there.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

Well if it doesn't change anything...why would you care if it's updated? Does saying 1.22 instead of 1.21 magically fix any problems that it would have had other wise?
    Anyway...thanks for backing it up and putting it out there.

I didnt want stern to send me another machine just so I can update it and have AUX board fry out on me again, so I asked them to update the pin and test before they sent it out to me. I didn't think they would put 1.22, just what's currently on the website. Maybe its the fix for the AUX board issue? (very doubtful, but never hurts to wish!)

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from BrianR73:

I didnt want stern to send me another machine just so I can update it and have AUX board fry out on me

You do realize that whatever your issues were, they were not caused by the update process, right? Or maybe you don't.

#27 11 years ago

Stern doesn't even update their readme files with every little change they make so who's to say there isn't a change in the update? I'm sure something in there has been updated or else they wouldn't have recompiled the update and installed it on his machine with a different version number.

#28 11 years ago

Brian, Stern sent you a new machine because of repeated AUX board issues, is that correct? I am curious if you had other issues as well.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

I have hit Xavier mode 4 times and no Nightcrawler pop up during it. Maybe they realized popping up a left Nightcrawler that wasn't the mutant was a terrible mistake so they took Nightcrawler out of Xavier mode all together.
    If that is the case...hopeful he will return in the mode in a better and more well thought out fashion on future updates.

I had Nightcrawler pop up during Xavier 1.22

#30 11 years ago

Probably just a couple of minor bug fixes.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I had Nightcrawler pop up during Xavier 1.22

There goes that idea then.

How about a fix for the lock? Strangely enough since updating, I have only hit the add a ball in Wolvie mode 1 time since the update with 2 balls already locked.....and the game only released 1 ball from the lock (like it is supposed to, but rarely has since v 1.1). Maybe they fixed the lock timing*?

* wishful thinking

Post edited by DugFreez : added a thought

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

There goes that idea then.
    How about a fix for the lock? Strangely enough since updating, I have only hit the add a ball in Wolvie mode 1 time since the update with 2 balls already locked.....and the game only released 1 ball from the lock (like it is supposed to, but rarely has since v 1.1). Maybe they fixed the lock timing*?
    * wishful thinking
    Post edited by DugFreez : added a thought

*wink wink wink wink*

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

You do realize that whatever your issues were, they were not caused by the update process, right? Or maybe you don't.

But does anyone here have facts to back up that the firmware update did NOT cause the AUX board issues? Game was fine until I updated the firmware. The first game I played after the firmware, BOOM, issue occurred. LOL....Everything I read so far is speculation. (this is JUST an opinion, not fact!) But I do not know what are in the minds of Stern. All I know is that I have many mysteries at work going on with some of our servers, so now Stern can deal with the mystery of my pinball, I need a break from figuring out problems. I have a full time job, don't want another one with this pinball.. No thanks!

We all went through hell, we deserve #1 service! (Stern did 100% and for that I am very grateful! )

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

Brian, Stern sent you a new machine because of repeated AUX board issues, is that correct? I am curious if you had other issues as well.

Stern sent me another machine because they think that I may of had more issues than just the AUX board. I dont know if I can agree with that. Not sure why my machine was any different, since I had the same symptoms as everyone else...Maybe it was Stern showing good PR? I dunno... But Thank you Stern!

#35 11 years ago

Confirmed that 1.22 is supposed to fix the ball lock timing issue where it sometimes releases two balls when it should only release one. I haven't had time to check myself yet.

#36 11 years ago

I must be one of the lucky ones and have no AUX issues. The day I got the game I installed 1.21 (was NIB so no older code was ran on the game)

I also don't have an issue with the 2 ball (teehee) release (teehee again). I found that the screw was coming lose on the lock gate after about 20 plays and releasing multiple balls (tee...awe...never mind). Once I tighten the screw up and put a dab of locktite on it I haven't had an issue

My game is set up with slightly more angle than is recommended by the 'bubble'

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

Confirmed that 1.22 is supposed to fix the ball lock timing issue where it sometimes releases two balls when it should only release one. I haven't had time to check myself yet.

I used to get the 2-ball release a lot and it hasn't happened once with 1.22 ...and I've tried all sorts of variations ...locking a few balls then starting Weapon X ...getting Add-a-Ball ...getting balls in the lock when lock's not lit w/ 2 balls or 3 balls Locked. Seems to be perfect now!

#38 11 years ago

Alright... I was putting off this update until I knew what it fixed... but I guess I have to learn to play without the freebie random add-a-ball sometime so I might as well

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

Good news there and a fix worth updating for. Now lets just hope it doesn't get broke again with the POWER PACK! update.

#40 11 years ago

Well at least something was solved. Granted a small issue.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from BrianR73:

But does anyone here have facts to back up that the firmware update did NOT cause the AUX board issues?

Well a few things: we all updated our code. All our machines didn't suddenly blow up. Technically, nothing about the update process can cause this. Just because you had that particle order of events doesn't mean that's the cause. It could be that there is a change in the updated code that pulses various coils differently but the update, itself, cannot cause this.
    And that is not speculation or opinion.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Well a few things: we all updated our code. All our machines didn't suddenly blow up. Technically, nothing about the update process can cause this. Just because you had that particle order of events doesn't mean that's the cause. It could be that there is a change in the updated code that pulses various coils differently but the update, itself, cannot cause this.
    And that is not speculation or opinion.

I agree with you. and I hope you figure it out what the cause is.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-code-122-grab-it-here and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.