View topic image gallery

TR6 Front-3 7-16-02 (2).jpg
TR6 interior-2 7-16-02-585.jpg
TR6-3.jpg
TR6-6.jpg
TR6-2.JPG
TR6-1.JPG

#1 9 years ago

I know this is a bit unorthodox, but I'm looking to build up a collection in one big move. Maybe someone here is ready for a different summer hobby???

I'd LOVE to trade my 71 Triumph TR6 roadster for some nice pinball tables (plus/minus cash as needed). Approximate market value of car is around $17-18k. It's a desirable early factory overdrive car and just spend 9k on hot engine/trans last year (and no rust!).

Looking for newer Sterns (Tron Pro/LE, Star Trek Pro/Premium/LE, Luci, Mustang Pro, LOTR), and A-list or high B-list Bally/Williams (TOTAN, MM, Monster Bash, Scared Stiff, etc)

I won't waste space with a lot of detail here, if anyone is serious please PM for more info.

TR6-1.JPGTR6-1.JPG

#3 9 years ago

Nice looking ride...know why you are selling it.... Can't haul any pins! GLWTS

#4 9 years ago

Just took her out for a spin tonight. Awesome car!

#5 9 years ago

Best wishes with a trade !

LTG : )

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from big_ragu:

I won't waste space with a lot of detail here, if anyone is serious please PM for more info.

I can't say I'm interested in your car but would love to see more pictures of it. Feel free to post here.

Mike O.

#7 9 years ago

Very nice car! Good luck with your trade.

#8 9 years ago

Yeah man, Ill trade you my TRON pro straight up.

That car would look awesome with all my ladders stacked on top going to work.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

I can't say I'm interested in your car but would love to see more pictures of it. Feel free to post here.
Mike O.

Here's another one-

TR6-2.JPGTR6-2.JPG

#10 9 years ago

I drove a TR6 in high school. Such a fun car. GLWT

#11 9 years ago

Wow. Fun idea, but the Mrs. would blow a gasket unless I could get it down into the basement.

#12 9 years ago

Guess I'm not the only Minnesotan pinhead/Triumph owner. Have a '79 Spitfire I might be selling this spring.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Guess I'm not the only Minnesotan pinhead/Triumph owner. Have a '79 Spitfire I might be selling this spring.

Love the Triumph, but I also have another old car and a motorcycle. Just don't have the time to enjoy them all!

Good luck with your sale!

1 week later
#14 9 years ago

Shameless bump.

I know it's a long shot, can't hurt to throw it out there

#15 9 years ago

Awww..Man, TR6 has been my favorite car since I was in jr high. I used to pine over a British racing green one across the street from my school at lunch hour everyday *sigh*, Porsche is a good substitute though.

Edit: I also like them with the solid rims, but yours fit the car much better.

#16 9 years ago

might look nice with the 1966 Sprite we have. Like his and hers cars

I will check to see if this car makes the better halves bucket list. (If this was an older nice Morgan you would likely have my MM)

#17 9 years ago

Got a 1980 TR7 myself. But with a Buick V6 in it. Been working on it for the last 4 years. Complete tear down and restomod. Starting on putting the new interior in. Should be finally done this year.

#19 9 years ago

Morgans are awesome!

kvan99- I still have the stock wheels with newer tires on them. My wife likes the stock ones better, I'm kinda hooked on the Panasports

#20 9 years ago

I have one too.

74 TR6 with a full frame off completed 15 years ago

TR6-6.jpgTR6-6.jpg TR6-3.jpgTR6-3.jpg TR6 interior-2 7-16-02-585.jpgTR6 interior-2 7-16-02-585.jpg TR6 Front-3 7-16-02 (2).jpgTR6 Front-3 7-16-02 (2).jpg
#21 9 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

I have one too.

Mother f....that's the one from my school days. Very cool, somewhere Steve McQueen is smiling.

#22 9 years ago

My dream Triumph would be a convertible TR-8 with the 5-speed manual. To think one was for sale in the late 90s for a mere 6K.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

I have one too.

Doug- AWESOME car, very impressive.

Quoted from s1500:

My dream Triumph would be a convertible TR-8 with the 5-speed manual. To think one was for sale in the late 90s for a mere 6K.

s1500- they're still out there, not expensive, but 8's are pretty rare. If you can settle for a 7 you can be into one cheap cheap cheap. They were practically free not too long ago. Hell, I remember when really nice 6's were 4-5 grand!

---

Hard to find nice TRs, most are rusty as hell. I looked forever to find a high compression early car (69-71), with factory overdrive, without trunk rack, no rust, and in an original color I like.

...and then after about 500 miles I completely lost cylinder 5 and the OD died.

So, I've got about 9k into the motor and OD, did lots of performance upgrades while it was apart. I LOVE this car, not even sure I want to part with it to tell the truth. Would love to do a frame off someday, but I'm already into the damn thing for around 25k!

#24 9 years ago

Wow....would like to add your TR-6 to my collection of Britmobiles.
The only Triumph I've ever had is a TR-4A (currently in the que
to be restored). Almost bought a TR-6 years ago but ended up with
an Austin-Healey 3000, mk III instead which I still have.

Good luck with the trade!
Steve

#25 9 years ago

Oh man, LOVE LOVE LOVE those big Healeys!!!

2 weeks later
#26 9 years ago

Bump.

Had it at a car show last weekend, lots of fun.

More info and pics on my craigslist ad-

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from big_ragu:

Love the Triumph, but I also have another old car and a motorcycle. Just don't have the time to enjoy them all!

I know, if I can't say something nice... but it bothers me when sellers say they'd love to keep xxx but just don't have the room/time or have too many other similar items only to suggest a trade for something just like their original item (CL ad says you'd trade for a different car, truck, bike). /endrant

Now if I haven't offended you too badly lol, I wish you were closer as the only thing that would pry my Tron and MM out of my hands would be a trade for a nice collectible car! I've always had a thing for the TR6, yours looks amazing. I've been itching to work on another project for a few years since completing my wish list on my current ride.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

I know, if I can't say something nice... but it bothers me when sellers say they'd love to keep xxx but just don't have the room/time or have too many other similar items only to suggest a trade for something just like their original item (CL ad says you'd trade for a different car, truck, bike). /endrant
Now if I haven't offended you too badly lol, I wish you were closer as the only thing that would pry my Tron and MM out of my hands would be a trade for a nice collectible car! I've always had a thing for the TR6, yours looks amazing. I've been itching to work on another project for a few years since completing my wish list on my current ride.

Well, since you mentioned it...

I've bought and sold lots of cars/bikes, many on craigslist. I put that in there to maximize response. Quite often, a lame trade offer turns into a regular sale, or someone offers a car a friend may want, or maybe I can get most of the money I want PLUS a cheap car/bike that I can more easily sell. All of these things have happened.

My end goal is to have one less car in the garage and more pins in my house- I'm losing my winter storage, and I don't want to have to park my daily driver outside during our 9 months of winter.

Know what I mean?

#29 9 years ago

Now I'm glad I shot my mouth off That definitely makes sense.

#30 9 years ago

Pshh, this is just a two-seater with no multiball!

I kid of course. You hear of all sorts of people trading up to get what they want. Keep us posted on your trade story. I'm interested to see what comes of this. GLWT

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtt-your-a-list-tables-for-my-sweet-triumph-tr6-in-mn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.