Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by akm
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I have a Stern 2008 Batman Dark Knight pinball machine and I am looking for a Stern Avatar Pro machine in good shape and am looking to trade straight, game for game. I am also willing to sell it outright for $4,000 cash (firm), or trade for a game of lesser value + cash, depending.

I am looking to deal locally, as I have no way to transport this machine outside of my area. If someone wants to transport their game here from out of state, great! I just have no way to bring mine elsewhere.

Please see my second post for full exterior cabinet and playfield photographs.

This BDK was supposedly routed by a beach somewhere in the Northeast region for several years since it was new. As such, it has a good bit of cabinet wear (start button area, coin mechs, lockdown bar, etc.). The cabinet itself has a tiny bit of fade on the front, but overall looks OK with minimal nicks or scratches. The most noticeable ones are on the backbox head (see photos). Despite the cabinet wear, the the playfield looks good with most of the wear coming in the form of a rough shooter lane. There are no ball tracks that I can see (see photos of the return lanes).

Mechanically the game is sound, with everything working fine, with two exceptions--First, the Scarecrow crane is sensitive and registers phantom hits when progressing towards the first Scarecrow multi-ball. It doesn't seem to affect Scarecrow multi-balls 2 and 3. The game is still fully playable (and enjoyable), it's just extremely easy to get to the first Scarecrow multi-ball now. Second, two return lane bulb sockets are finicky and flicker, so I have the bulbs taken out (it's the one bulb nearest to the left flipper, and the one bulb nearest to the right flipper. Seems to be typical on some of these Sterns).

The entire machine has LEDs for both the GI and playfield inserts. I also have Herg's LED OCD board installed. This softens the look of the playfield LEDs and removes the strobe effect they are typically known for. Other upgrades include the shooter lane metal protector, decal kit for the standups, a replacement Joker drop target protector, and a Cliffy (scoop protector) for the Scarecrow scoop.

I have recently replaced the coil sleeves inside the flipper coils. I have replaced the old ball shooter assembly with all new parts (housing, shooter rod, inner and outer springs, washers, tip cover). There are Super Bands on the flippers, and Super Posts for the mini playfield. Some of the rubbers have been changed out (all of the black rubbers you see are new). The white ones you still see were tough to get to, so I didn't bother.

Backglass is clean, as are the boards in the backbox. DMD and speakers are good.

Tournament button and assembly is there, but is not wired up. It has the connector, it likely just needs to be plugged in.

#3 10 years ago

Price?

#4 10 years ago

Got any pics?

#5 10 years ago

Price???

#6 10 years ago

Really detailled pictures. Honest FS thread, what you see is what you get. I respect that. No bad surprises.

GLWTS

#7 10 years ago

Finally got into this game this weekend at the bowling alley up the street. This a game that will open up to you and let you kick its ass if your real nice to it first- unlike my harder than fake knockers JM

#8 10 years ago

$4,000. Although, I have two different potential deals lined up already (awaiting on the response of both individuals, I am still weighing my options), with a few other messages to respond to..

I made a top-down video of the game in action, will post that once it's done processing.

#9 10 years ago

One day.. One day I will own this machine!

#11 10 years ago

Here's a top-down gameplay session I put together yesterday. Shows the issues the game has, as well as how well it plays.

To those that sent me messages, I still haven't gotten to my inbox.. will do that shortly after I run a couple of errands.

#12 10 years ago

Current pending deals fell through. Game is still available.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from akm:

This BDK was supposedly routed

I think you mean "clearly" routed?

#14 10 years ago

*rimshot*

#15 10 years ago

I can take out the LED OCD board for those that would want to pay $3,800. Playfield LEDs will just be brighter and have their typical flicker.

#16 10 years ago

Damn. Wish you were closer. Been lookin for one of these.

#17 10 years ago

Wish this was in the midwest somewhere.

#18 10 years ago

Trade deal pending again. Will make another post if something goes awry and it's available once more.

#19 10 years ago

Akm - I will buy the OCD board if it is available.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Akm - I will buy the OCD board if it is available.

It will be going with the machine.. Or if it doesn't, I'll be holding onto it for my next Stern.

Definitely keep an eye out on the LED OCD web site. I'm not sure when another batch will be made, but I definitely recommend checking it out when more become available.

Link: http://ledocd.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=2

*edit: Apparently Comet Pinball has some. They are $10 more than the regular price, but it's the only place you can technically buy them at right now until another batch is made: http://www.cometpinball.com/Stern-LED-OCD-Board-p/ledocdstern.htm

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtt-batman-dark-knight-for-sterns-avatar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.