IMG_1572.JPG
Capture.PNG
20131011_013235.jpg
Backlash.jpg
i-fJpTQDf-XL.jpg
image.jpg
i-sxWZbFB-L.jpg
Stuck-mud.jpg
There are 1,709 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 35.
#1651 10 years ago

Just ordered mine on the last Pinbits supply. Really looking forward to maxxing out my Tron!

#1652 10 years ago

Arrrgh. I missed out again!

#1653 10 years ago

Awesome kit. Big thanks to Eli for making the kit, and big thanks to Buckman for his videos on installation. Here she is after the install:
20131215_194307.jpg20131215_194307.jpg

#1654 10 years ago

Agreed, just another one on the pile. I kinked mine a bit on entry into the PF, and I was careful so I guess another warning to others, still looks great...
IMAG2871.jpgIMAG2871.jpg

#1655 10 years ago

Question for everyone who is familiar with this kit. During lightcycle multiball the Left Ramp (by left ramp I mean the one that the entrance is on the left side of the playfield between the Z and U targets) is lit blue and the other ramp is lit yellow. Is this normal or should they both be yellow?

#1656 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

Question for everyone who is familiar with this kit. During lightcycle multiball the Left Ramp (by left ramp I mean the one that the entrance is on the left side of the playfield between the Z and U targets) is lit blue and the other ramp is lit yellow. Is this normal or should they both be yellow?

Normal. This was to simulate the battle between the cycles. There are other differences you will notice compared to the LE. See if you can spot them all

#1657 10 years ago

Got my ramps drilled, and the tubes installed. Too darn tired to finish tonight. Looking forward to getting it rocking tomorrow.

#1658 10 years ago

Thanks for all the nice comments, it's really great to see more and more photos of them installed. Damn TRON looks good with the lit ramps and mirror blades...

#1659 10 years ago

I received my kit today.....I am going to fit it over the Christmas holidays....will look excellent I am sure

#1660 10 years ago

Got the boards installed, and everything connected. There's a couple of spots I'm not happy with regarding my drilling techniques, but the kit is GREAT! Hard to watch the ball when I'm watching the ramps light up. Big thanks to Eli and Pinbits!

#1661 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

Normal.

On the LE the light cycles were on the corresponding yellow and blue ramps. If you follow the Hallmark light cycle mod the ramps should correspond correctly to them as well!

#1662 10 years ago
Quoted from Millz:

Awesome kit. Big thanks to Eli for making the kit, and big thanks to Buckman for his videos on installation. Here she is after the install:

Millz - You're machine looks awesome! Glad to hear that the vids in my installation thread helped out, it's cool to see some fellow Pinsiders comment on the thread and how it's helped them.

#1663 10 years ago

Sorry...Buckman, your videos were invaluable too. Thank you for putting them together!

#1664 10 years ago

big props Buckman! i would have fallen prey to the dreaded left ramp right ramp fiber flip fiasco had i not watched your video!

#1665 10 years ago

Those videos were very helpful. I referenced them as well when I did my install. Thank you so much for making them!

#1666 10 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

Thanks for all the nice comments, it's really great to see more and more photos of them installed. Damn TRON looks good with the lit ramps and mirror blades...

Yes, the mirror blades do wonders for helping to illuminate and give depth to the playfield. Thank you again for all your hard work designing this mod. After playing only a few games, I feel even more immersed into the game.

Quoted from Buckman:

Millz - You're machine looks awesome! Glad to hear that the vids in my installation thread helped out, it's cool to see some fellow Pinsiders comment on the thread and how it's helped them.

Buckman - Thank you...for the compliment on my Tron (a labor of love), but also taking the time to make/share your videos. I watched them all before doing my install (great to see what you're up against), and referenced them a time or two during. A great community service you have provided.

#1667 10 years ago

Thanks fellas! Definitely appreciate the comments and just makes me feel good that I'm able to help out and it's awesome to see all of these pimped out Trons!

#1668 10 years ago

I am halfway through fitting this kit.....very easy to do but I thought I would polish and wax the playfield and polish the ball guides while I have the ramps off. Should have it finished after the weekend. Surprised tho that the ball guides are not even polished from new as I got this NIB 6 months ago

#1669 10 years ago

Thanks to all who make these mods my best looking game by far

image-218.jpgimage-218.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image-922.jpgimage-922.jpg
#1670 10 years ago

When not in a mode, and the ramps are not on, is it possible to make the ramps light up blue or yellow when i hit them or make the gem shot light turquoise? They don't do anything at the moment when making these shots. I noticed that quorra shot lights them green so it seems possible.

#1671 10 years ago

There's no way for the mod to know when the ramp with is hit, so it's impossible to do anything on a ramp shot unless there's a way to identify it from a lamp or flasher.

#1672 10 years ago

Pinbits has what I believe is their last batch for the year listed on their site. http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_65&products_id=566

I'm not sure how many they have, but I know they were trying to have a larger batch than usual. In the new year I'll be contacting everyone who's posted or PM'ed me to take stock of where we are on remaining demand. Thanks everyone, for your patience and support on this project. Long live the users!

#1673 10 years ago

Best

Quoted from coz6:Thanks to all who make these mods my best looking game by far

image.jpg 91 KB

A colorDMD is next on my list, early Christmas present to myself perhaps

#1674 10 years ago

Pinbits has the kit available now. Got mine installed this weekend ,looks awesome.

#1675 10 years ago

Back in stock now.

#1676 10 years ago

Back in Stock Now!

#1677 10 years ago

They put 30 kits up last night. If you're still in need of a kit after this batch has sold out please get in touch with me so I can get a new estimate (I'll be going through everyone I haven't contacted before now as well.)

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_65&products_id=566

Thanks for all the support.

#1678 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Back in Stock Now!

I don't even own a Tron and I still had a desire to click that link fast.

#1679 10 years ago

Hey Eli,
I have a question regarding my kit. I noticed in attract mode, the kit will actually shut off after a certain amount of time, then kick back on after about a minute or two. Is this normal behavior or is my kit overheating or something?

Also, do you plan on releasing the code as open source fro customization any time in the future?

Awesome job with it BTW. I love my kit.

Thank you,
--Scott

#1680 10 years ago

It's supposed to fade out and run the attract less and less often if it isn't being played for power saver but that code wasn't really tested.

The microcontroller code probably won't be open source as there are complicated support issues with that, but I still plan on doing the customization through a web page for setting your own colors and effects for the various modes. Not quite sure when I'll be getting back to that.

#1681 10 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

It's supposed to fade out and run the attract less and less often if it isn't being played for power saver but that code wasn't really tested.
The microcontroller code probably won't be open source as there are complicated support issues with that, but I still plan on doing the customization through a web page for setting your own colors and effects for the various modes. Not quite sure when I'll be getting back to that.

Oh ok, that makes sense. I definitely agree that there could be a major support issue with the microcontroller code as I have written a bunch myself (AVR). Do you happen to have a version of the code that does not shut down during attract mode? That would be my only request as a few days ago I walked into my gameroom to show my wife the awesome new ramps and they were off. I thought I broke them...

Thanks man,
--Scott

#1682 10 years ago

I would love the code without the shut down myself too...

#1683 10 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

They put 30 kits up last night. If you're still in need of a kit after this batch has sold out please get in touch with me so I can get a new estimate (I'll be going through everyone I haven't contacted before now as well.)
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_65&products_id=566
Thanks for all the support.

Finally! My Tron is getting some lit ramps!

#1684 10 years ago

Finally got to order! Thanks Eli!!

#1685 10 years ago

Back in stock, and I think I have now contacted everyone who asked to be notified. Phew... Thanks again to all of you for your patience throughout the development, I know things ended up being much slower than I predicted. Hopefully everyone will enjoy the final results for years to come.

#1686 10 years ago

Thank you Eli!!!

#1687 10 years ago

Yes, thanks again Eli for the Mod of the Year!!!!

#1688 10 years ago

When you're installing your kit definitely consider picking up some smaller screws / nuts (6 in total to be exact). You'll find that you'll eliminate almost all of the dips on your cables if you use the shorter screws / nuts (they are still very small but you won't be able to notice them while playing):

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-fibre-optic-ramps-how-to-fix-the-dips

#1689 10 years ago

Finally was able to get mine installed after having to wait a few weeks for enough time off to get it done. What an absolutely incredible increase in the way this machine looks and plays! Thanks to Eli for this great mod and also to Buckman for his easily followable video instructions. If you haven't gotten this mod already do it now!

#1690 10 years ago

Question - does the first hit to the recognizer target not suppose to go red on the ramps? The 3 hits after the first do that. Is this the norm?

#1691 10 years ago
Quoted from tomaszb1:

Question - does the first hit to the recognizer target not suppose to go red on the ramps? The 3 hits after the first do that. Is this the norm?

Right. The first hit of the recognizer doesn't light the ramps because the hit doesn't call a lamp or solenoid (flasher). Subsequent hits fire a lamp or solenoid, so they are coded to fire off the red ramps. So this is the "norm" for this kit.

This is the same with QUORRA. The first hit to Quorra doesn't light the ramps green, but subsequent spins of quorra light the ramps green.

#1692 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Right. The first hit of the recognizer doesn't light the ramps because the hit doesn't call a lamp or solenoid (flasher). Subsequent hits fire a lamp or solenoid, so they are coded to fire off the red ramps. So this is the "norm" for this kit.
This is the same with QUORRA. The first hit to Quorra doesn't light the ramps green, but subsequent spins of quorra light the ramps green.

Excellent thanks so much for the reply and insight!

#1693 10 years ago

Hey Eli,
I still am amazed at how awesome this kit turned out. Just curious if you had any plans to release an update without the powersaver in attract mode. Please let me know. Thank you!
--Scott

2 months later
#1694 10 years ago

Is the website where we could change the colors of the modes, still work in progress?
I would like to get the mode colors etc as close as possible to an LE.

2 weeks later
#1695 10 years ago

I need help.. I have this kit.. and it has been working flawlessly since I got it in late October 2013. But all of a sudden, tonight, when I turned on my machine tonight, it stopped working. I thought there was a problem with the connections, so I disconnected everything and plugged it all back in.
When I power on the machine, I see the purple light on the controller board come on for a second, and then go out.
Whatever do you think happened?

I don't know what to do, I tried to hit the test button on the controller board, the purple light came on for a second and went off, but it did not make any difference. If I had a guess I would say it is a controller board problem.

Help!

#1696 10 years ago

Sorry Joe, I know I've posted in a couple other threads since you PMed me, but I'm trying to limit TRON support to the weekend. The first thing to try is "upgrading" the code (basically just re-installing it.) You can download the code from the Pinbits page. I don't know if it's a very rarely hit bug or just the noisy electronic environment of the pinball machine but there have been two other people who had a similar issue that was caused by corrupted code and fixed by replacing the code.

If that doesn't fix it let me know.

#1697 10 years ago

THANKS ELI!! That did it.. it is working again.!!

6 months later
#1698 9 years ago

Eli, any progress on this?

Quoted from lyzanxia:

Is the website where we could change the colors of the modes, still work in progress?
I would like to get the mode colors etc as close as possible to an LE.

#1699 9 years ago
Quoted from lyzanxia:

Eli, any progress on this?

Honestly it's on the way, way back burner. There wasn't a huge demand and I had already put more time into TRON than I could really justify. Sorry to get your hopes up.

#1700 9 years ago

All I want is a version of the code that does not turn off during attract mode.

Will you open source the code at any time?

Thanks!

--Scott

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

There are 1,709 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wthack-tron-pro-near-98501/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.