with blades.JPG
after.jpg
Before.JPG
100_0914.jpg
CV_Neon_Zoom.JPG
CVRGB_004.jpg
CVRGB_007.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Hi, just purchased a CV and I am looking to buy neons for it in both Blue and Purple (separate, not the multi). I'm looking for the standard one that is frost white when off. I saw BAA has them but they are out... not sure if these are hard to come by or not. My game will have red when I eventually receive it so I could trade as well. Thanks!!

#2 10 years ago

The one I bought from BAA broke in transit. BAA told me they will only do local pickup now for the neons. As a result, I had a local guy make a custom neon. He charged $80 and it came out great.

https://plus.google.com/photos/107337606262396306861/albums/5949969330770511601?authkey=CJOhzNuuqbGGvAE

#3 10 years ago

I need the insert assembly for the backbox part #03-96961 if anyone has one for sale. Mine is all cracked and taped together at the bottom. I assume this is common?

#4 10 years ago

PPS has it for $60. Unfortunately, the insert decal is out of stock. I haven't been brave enough to transfer my original decal to the new insert.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PP&Product_Code=PPS-03-96961&Category_Code=GS-4059

#5 10 years ago

Any other places for the insert decal?

#6 10 years ago

I searched and posted here looking for the decal. No luck thus far..... If you find some, get me one.

#7 10 years ago

So the only way to get one is to have one made? Crap...

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from goalyguy33:

So the only way to get one is to have one made? Crap...

Honestly, not that big of a deal. I found a local neon sign company, asked if they could do it, brought the plastic neon ramp in for him to make a template, and a day later had an awesome custom neon tube. He also kept the template if I decided to make additional color tubes in the future. All I can say is it is worth the effort. Good luck!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Honestly, not that big of a deal. I found a local neon sign company, asked if they could do it, brought the plastic neon ramp in for him to make a template, and a day later had an awesome custom neon tube. He also kept the template if I decided to make additional color tubes in the future. All I can say is it is worth the effort. Good luck!

+1

Did the same, and opted to get some custom colours (Vader Red, Skywalker Green and Kenobi Blue) made up.

Once they have the template (I used the dimensions of the existing tube), the choices are almost endless as to the colour scheme.

CVRGB_007.jpgCVRGB_007.jpg
CVRGB_004.jpgCVRGB_004.jpg

#10 10 years ago

Very cool! Let's see a pic of them in the machine.

#11 10 years ago

Here is a pic of mine (if anyone had trouble with the link above).

CV_Neon_Zoom.JPGCV_Neon_Zoom.JPG

#12 10 years ago

^That purple looks fantastic.

Is the DMD green film or a green LCD?

100_0914.jpg100_0914.jpg

#13 10 years ago

Very nice! Your neon colors are quite vibrant.

My display is a green Xpin DMD.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=XP-DMD4096-G

#14 10 years ago

I do have an extra neon and the ramp from when I bought my game last year if someone needs one. I put in the purple and the one I took out was either red or green (can't remember). It works great. I also put purple LEDs in all of the white and purple inserts as well as most of the GIs. I was going for the ultraviolet effect, but LEDs just aren't bright enough in UV. The mostly purple does look pretty sharp IMHO.
Howie

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from loanguy7171973:

I need the insert assembly for the backbox part #03-96961 if anyone has one for sale. Mine is all cracked and taped together at the bottom. I assume this is common?

I couldn't find this part either, so I looked up how to repair the plastic with reinforced epoxy and some mesh cloth. If I remember correctly, there were a few discussions about the repair procedure on RPG. This is a very common problem because the tub is not strong enough to handle the weight and impact caused by the coil.
Howie

#16 10 years ago

How much did that cost you for the custom neon?

#18 10 years ago

WOW. Gorgeous. If you dont do this to your CV, you are way behind.

Xfassa, your CV is gorgeous.

#19 10 years ago

Thanks! It has been fun doing some of the upgrades (lighted eyes in Ring Master, custome neon). I'm glad my wife convinced me to snag this machine when it popped up locally.

3 weeks later
#20 10 years ago

Mine started with purple but I got this green and blue one about 6 years ago from the US via ebay, they actually shipped it across the pond and it survived! It looks better now with mirror blades though. Love CV!!

Before.JPGBefore.JPG after.jpgafter.jpg with blades.JPGwith blades.JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-neons-for-cirqus-voltaire-both-blue-and-purple and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.