Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by northvibe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Cash burning a hole in my pocket. I will be at MGC and would be happy to place a deposit on a game that will be there.

Really want:
Star Trek Pro (are there even any HUO versions available? or just NIB?)
Metallica Pro (don't want to pay for NIB)
NBA Fast Break (I just missed about 4 of these locally in the last few months!)
Skateball (early 1980's Bally)

Kind of Want:
World Poker Tour (player's condition is fine)
Iron Man (If push comes to shove, I don't think I'll want to pay $5.5k for one though)
Mary Shelly's Frankenstein (I don't really want to buy one. I've just never got to play one before)

I don't have a pin hauling vehicle. So, local delivery is a huge plus. If you don't want to deliver, I can always figure it out.

I'm an easy buyer to deal with. Just get me some pictures, a price, and any major issues and I'll let you know. I'm not going to nit-pick on scratches, scuffs, or $50 in price haggling.

#2 10 years ago

I hear you...tax return time definitely opens up some nice pin possibilities. I've seen WPT on our local craigslist for a bit and there are two on there now. Beyond MGC, which I'm heading to as well, you may want to check out LTG's next Pinball Circus as people tend to bring extra games to sell.

Good luck with the hunt!

#3 10 years ago

I am assuming you talked to ChrisS about his NBAFB already?

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Tony, Chris was close to having NBAFB ready. You had dibs on that one so you should grab it if Chris is still willing.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Quoted from RustyLizard:

Tony, Chris was close to having NBAFB ready. You had dibs on that one so you should grab it if Chris is still willing.

Thanks guys. I'm already on it.

Fun Fact: Chris and I have a standing agreement. I am allowed to keep sending him picture messages of people in duck costumes until he is willing to sell me his NBAFB.

He's been getting picture messages on and off for about 6 months(?)

I'm on page 3-4 of my Google search results page.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Fun Fact: Chris and I have a standing agreement. I am allowed to keep sending him picture messages of people in duck costumes until he is willing to sell me his NBAFB.

That would explain his text to me asking me if I had a duck costume to wear this Sunday before he leaves for his next tour of duty.... Man, that guy is weird.

#7 10 years ago

Tim and Tony, duck both of you.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Tim and Tony, duck both of you.

You better watch how you talk with that big ducking mouth of yours....

#9 10 years ago

The one on CL (WPT) was mine and HUO - you can see it is the one with the signed translite FYI

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

That would explain his text to me asking me if I had a duck costume to wear this Sunday before he leaves for his next tour of duty.... Man, that guy is weird.

Hahaha. Seriously? That is hilarious.

#11 10 years ago

I new to make mine fuckin work first. It's all about the defender motor. Fails for me but won't for Tim.

Makes me mental. I'm def ready to move it on an your top of the list. Either you or Rusty. I figure of Rusty takes it at some point it will end up at Josh's and then at your place.

I'll try to carve out some time to look into it.

Still don't know how your going to check it as baggage but I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Here is the current order.

Tony,
Rusty,
Tim,
Dave B,
NEO

CHRIS

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I new to make mine fuckin work first. It's all about the defender motor. Fails for me but won't for Tim.
Makes me mental. I'm def ready to move it on an your top of the list. Either you or Rusty. I figure of Rusty takes it at some point it will end up at Josh's and then at your place.
Still don't know how your going to check it as baggage but I'm sure you'll figure it out.
Tony,Rusty,Tim,Dave B,NEO
CHRIS

So he has neither confirmed nor denied that he is trying to get his hands on a duck costume ... hmmm

http://amzn.com/B004UUJZ84

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Tony,
Rusty,
Tim,
Dave B,
NEO
CHRIS

Wait, this doesn't make sense...

Whysnow is supposed to have dibs on every machine in Wisconsin, so he needs to be on there.

And I feel like I should be on there too. Although what I'd do with a third NBAFB, I don't know.

#14 10 years ago

Yeah Chris was drunk at his party and must have forgot that I called dins on every game in the damn house...

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Wait, this doesn't make sense...
Whysnow is supposed to have dibs on every machine in Wisconsin, so he needs to be on there.
And I feel like I should be on there too. Although what I'd do with a third NBAFB, I don't know.

Man I wish I had the space you have for setting up all those machines.

I wanted 2 NBAFB machines at one point so I could run them together but I'm out of space

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I wanted 2 NBAFB machines at one point so I could run them together but I'm out of space

Ummmm, sure you are.... I could have sworn I saw this huge desk down in one of your pinball rooms that you use for "work". Being that you are gone on the road all the time, I am not what kind of work that desk is being used for, but it seems like some sort of a cover-up if you ask me. That desk occupies at least 5 machines worth of space, so obviously it must mean something else is going on.

Tell you what, I have the space and you have the need, lets pool our funds together and build that giant shed in my back yard, you can visit them whenever you want....

#17 10 years ago

Not saying I measured, but he could also fit at least 12 more machines in the front room which does not appear to be used...

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Tony,
Rusty,
Tim,
Dave B,
NEO
CHRIS

Maybe you need to sell that sucker broken to someone who will give it the love it needs.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Maybe you need to sell that sucker broken to someone who will give it the love it needs.

Better be Tony for now. I just bought 3 games and only have about $1300 left in the toy fund until I sell something.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I totally "Super Auctioned" him.... It was working perfect at my place, and then I crossed a cable when he came to pick it up. Now it blows a fuse. I can't pay full price for a half working machine....

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I totally "Super Auctioned" him.... It was working perfect at my place, and then I crossed a cable when he came to pick it up. Now it blows a fuse. I can't pay full price for a half working machine....

Me either man. I just dug up the email when he offered to sell it to me in 2011. He also offered Heavy Metal Meltdown at a sweet price and some other stuff he doesn't seem to have anymore. I might have to just stick to going to his house to play all his games. Now if I could just get some of you guys to make the drive up here once.

#22 10 years ago

where/when is the invite?

road trip! also, what is for sale

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Heh, man I wish I had the space I should have for setting up all these machines.

Seriously, the tournament for the MGC has been a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it. It's been my excuse to own over half of what I own. Both NBAFBs are supposed to be for it, although one is currently lacking most of the boardset, which I was hoping that the MMR would solve...

I actually have way curtailed my buying until I get a place to actually set stuff up. I have a list of about four more that I'd still be willing to buy if they came up for a really fair price, but I'm not looking for anything in particular until the expanded house to put them in happens.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

where/when is the invite?
road trip! also, what is for sale

I have been doing some Friday night open house stuff but I need to set a date ahead of time so people can plan. Or if you want to just come and play any time is fine. Nothing for sale, I get too attached.

#25 10 years ago

Cash burning a hole in my pocket. I will be at MGC and would be happy to place a deposit on a game that will be there.

Seitz had a Met Pro down the road from you.
Jim has WPT
Len has a MSF up north for sale.
There was an IM on CL a week ago or so.
NBAFB seem to pop up every 2 or 3 weeks there as well.
Jesse sold a ST pro last few months back.
I sold my Skateball.

Timing is everything

1 week later
#26 10 years ago

Thanks to Rufer and Tilt Amusements, I'm pulling the trigger on a NIB ST Pro today. My first NIB and I am very excited!

#27 10 years ago

Congrats man!!

#28 10 years ago

good stuff!!!

#29 10 years ago

So, when am I 'allowed' to add it to my Pinside collection?

#30 10 years ago

So, when am I 'allowed' to add it to my Pinside collection?

You know you have to keep NIB pins for more than a couple weeks Tony...

#31 10 years ago

Well, you should probably rate it now before you even play it that is how most of the ratings seem to work.

You can only add it to the collection after you put up a high score is my rule...

#32 10 years ago

Congrats..

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

You know you have to keep NIB pins for more than a couple weeks Tony...

Not according to my classes as Bohnsack University!

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Well, you should probably rate it now before you even play it that is how most of the ratings seem to work.
You can only add it to the collection after you put up a high score is my rule...

Oh, I've played that baby already. Also put up a high score ... just not on my machine.

Time to start researching ST mods ... I think there was a good thread on that somewhere...

#35 10 years ago

Sell your WWFRR cheaply now

#36 10 years ago

I get to tea bag the game first right?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-in-mn-or-at-mgc-st-pro-met-pro-nbafb-wpt-im-msf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.