• Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flowchart 2.jpg
image-197.jpg
Gilda.jpg
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

Credits: Alex Levy on Youtube for posting a video guide explaining the basics (

).

Buckaroo65 for Horse, Fireball, EC and Rescue MB Details

Everyone: As we are all learning this game, please point out inaccuracies, fill in missing details, and build on it by posting below. I'll periodically update this original post to reflect feedback.

*Originally based on 1.12 but as of Oct 4 trying to incorporate updates to 1.21

Skill shot:
Hit one of the lit skill targets, one randomized "BALL" target, witch, or one of the 2 random OZ lanes (can't manually select) (Witch is 5,000 pts to start, goes up incrementally, not sure about the other values)

Emerald City Multiball:
Hit Lion (x4), Scarecrow (x9), and TinMan (x6) rollover targets to light lock 3x and lock 3 balls up ramp to start multiball
* Shoot rollover and ramp combos x3 (Lion, Scarecrow, Tinman)
* Shoot Throne Room
* Shoot Rollover
* Shoot Throne Room to collect prize (first is 25k, then 50k, then 75k)
* Repeat for Lion, Scarecrow, TinMan

Throne Room (Wizard):
* Shoot Throne Room to light WIZARD letter
* Complete WIZARD to get 7,500 points
* There’s mention in the changelogs of a Wizard mystery but I don’t know anything about it (light special, light extra ball, spot character, more points, multiball)

Munchkin Playfield (House):
* Complete RAINBOW spot targets
* Hit center ramp to enter Munchkin playfield
* Complete a certain number (?) of loops to activate a random Munchkin Mode. If you don’t, you have a few seconds to hit the center ramp again for a second chance
* Welcome to Munchkinland
* All shots score 1000
* RAINBOW builds value
* Mode ends after 25 seconds
* Munchkinland Frenzy
* All switches score 100
* RAINBOW builds value
* Mode ends after 25 seconds
* 2 More Munchkin Modes coming

Crystal Ball Modes:
* Complete BALL targets
* Hit Spinner to get mode, will cycle through them so you don’t repeat them:
* Lights Out (2-ball multiball, 2X Scoring)
* Lights On (2-ball multiball, 2X scoring)
* Can be stacked with Munchkin Modes
* More Crystal Ball Modes Coming

Rescue Multiball:
* Hit 2 targets above pop bumpers to light Capture Dorothy
* Hit Loop to Capture Dorothy
* Hit Winkie Guard drop target
* Shoot Winkie Guard VUK
* Hit RESCUE spot targets on upper playfield to open door
* Shooting Search lights a RESCUE letter until they’re all collected, then it says “Rescue Lock”. I believe this is a soft lock that allows you to up the number of balls during multiball from 2 up to 5?
* With RESCUE all lit, shoot through door to start Rescue Multiball
* Super Jackpot at the castle scoop becomes available once you collect three jackpots on at least one of the six jackpot shots. The inserts for each jackpot change from green (single jackpot) to yellow (double jackpot) to red (triple jackpot) to show that you have 3, 2, or 1 jackpot(s) left. The insert is blue once you've completed that shot, and is worth a few points, but less than a single jackpot. Then you go up to the castle mini-playfield, bash down the door, and collect the super. I know the super is tied to the value of the jackpots you've collected. Once you collect a super all of the jackpots reset on the lower playfied. I'm pretty sure the value of the jackpots is tied to how many balls you started rescue multiball with (starting with 5 balls is worth more than starting Rescue with 2 balls) I also think the value of the super can be multiplied if you hit the rescue letters before collecting the super.

Wicked Witch:
* Hit once to start hurry-up (starts at 2,500 points and goes up 100 each time and counts down for about 20s)
* Hit witch to collect hurry-up
* Complete 3 hurry-ups and next time you hit her it starts Fireball Frenzy

Fireball Mode
* Edited from Buckaroo65’s post… Thanks!!! *
* 1-ball mode, and it starts with two random shots lit.
* One of the shots will be lit blue, and the other will be flashing orange/red.
* You want to shoot the blue shot, and avoid the fireball shot.
* If you shoot the blue shot you’ll collect a jackpot that is worth half the total of the 3 hurry-ups that you collected to get to the frenzy. (So if you collected hurry-ups of 1500, 1700, and 2300 your jackpot will be worth 2750). It also adds 500 points to the next blue shot (so in this case the next blue shot will be worth 3250)
*If you hit the fireball shot, the witch throws a fireball at the scarecrow and decreases the available jackpot by 500.
* After either shot is made (blue or flashing red/orange) different random shots light up blue and red.
*As you make blue shots, more fireball shots are added, so it becomes more difficult to avoid hitting fireballs. The mode ends when you hit three fireballs and the scarecrow catches fire, or when you drain your ball in play.

Toto:
* Light 4 TOTO rollovers
* Make timed shot to save ball

There's No Place Like Home
* Light all spot targets
* Complete all 4 stages to save ball
* First: Shoot Rainbow targets
* 2nd: Shoot Crystall Ball and Throne Room
* 3rd: Outer Loop (Right AND Left)
* 4th: Shoot Ramp
*Note: It appears that throughout this mode you continue to collect points one way or another. If you take note of your score before this starts and then afterwards (even if you don’t save your ball) it can go up by quite a lot.

Horse of a Different Color
* Hit four horses then shoot the COLLECT under the right center field flipper which drops the ball back into the plunger.
* Points Breakdown (Taken again from a Buckaroo65 post… Thanks!)
Cow (White): 500 points
Rainbow (RB): 400 points
Red: 350 points
Orange: 300 points
Yellow: 250 points
Green: 200 points
Blue: 150 points
Violet: 100 points
* Add these values up, and then multiply the total based on the following conditions
Success – Each horse is a different color or all horses are the same color
Multiplier: # of horses (4 - 7)
Raises the # of horses to collect the next round. Maximum is 7
Failure – At least two different colors and at least two horses with the same color
Multiplier: 0.5
Decreases the # of horses to collect the next round. Minimum is 4
Rainbow Horse – Acts like a wild card, and is always different from any other horse
Multiplier: 0.5
All One Color – Still counts as Success
Multiplier: 3
All Rainbows – Still counts as Success
Multiplier: 5
*Horse lights are relit and randomized at the top lane (OZ) slingshot
*Scoring Examples
4 RB: 32,000 = (400 + 400 + 400 + 400) * 4 (Success) * 5 (All Rainbows)
Y, G, B, V: 2,800 = (250 + 200 + 150 + 100) * 4 (Success)
Y, G, B, RB: 2,000 = (250 + 200 + 150 + 400) * 4 (Success) * 0.5 (Rainbow)
Y, B, V, V: 300 = (250 + 150 + 100 + 100) * 0.5 (Failure)
V, V, G, RB: 200 = (100 + 100 + 200 + 400) * 0.5 (Failure) * 0.5 (Rainbow)

Haunted Forest
* Hit pop bumpers to light Haunted Forest, collect to start various different bonus point modes

In-lane Hurry-Ups
*Going through inlane while hurry-up is lit activates some kind of hurry-up mode which is different between the left and right inlanes

Post edited by chasosaur : 1.21 Stuff added, Rescue MB and EC MB expanded

#2 10 years ago

Cool...thanks!

#3 10 years ago

Thanks for putting this together! Would like to see this updated as new code updates are released. Besides "Horse of a Different Color" has any other modes been added since 1.08?

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Thanks for putting this together! Would like to see this updated as new code updates are released. Besides "Horse of a Different Color" has any other modes been added since 1.08?

Agreed. I didn't include version number in the subject so that this can evolve as code is updated.

As for updates since 1.08 I haven't played enough yet to comment. If anyone can explain Horse of a Different Color then please do so!

#5 10 years ago

I think for HORSE you hit four horses then shoot the COLLECT under the right center field flipper which drops the ball back into the plunger. Still figuring it out beyond that. No idea how you get cows.
BSL

#6 10 years ago

Version now 1.12
Has anybody been able to record HSTD?
Or is that a function not working yet?

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Version now 1.12
Has anybody been able to record HSTD?
Or is that a function not working yet?

Nope, that won't come until the new code coming, which should be soon? I was hoping by this weekend. Alex has hinted that it is coming soon.

#8 10 years ago

I was at JJP the other day and Jack said soon too.

2 weeks later
#9 10 years ago

Anyone have updates re: 1.14? I heard it came out but haven't had a chance to play lately.

#10 10 years ago

still can't wait to get MY WOZ

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from chasosaur:

Anyone have updates re: 1.14? I heard it came out but haven't had a chance to play lately.

In a word, Wow! I had not played WOZ since version 92. The difference between the one I had played and 1.14 makes this a completely different game.

So Spoiler Alert...

There are some tough parts of this game. I didn't rescue Dorothy, but I finally understand how to capture her by hitting the two blue targets above the haunted forest, then right orbit. And lights out is fun... But the ball saving modes are just killer fun. The one shot to save Toto puts the pressure on. Miss it, and you might have just enough time for another shot, but probably not. I kept choking on that shot. The "No place like home" mode from the state fair pop in the left outlane is thrilling. I was playing a ball saving mode like it was a main part of the game, and the inserts being only white during it was just cool. Thumbs up Keith!

Also one thing I hadn't seen was the changes in the rollover targets. They now do the color splash similar to the BALL targets along with some callout changes. So when you are trying to hit one last one to light a lock, you can really see when it registers.

There also seemed to be insert changes that I thought made them easier to see. But that might have been the great lighting where I was playing. Things like the lock for the ramp seemed to stand out much better than the last one I saw. Oh, and it was the first time I saw the capture Dorothy light come on (yellow).

On this version it is very playable. When I first played a WOZ running 58P I was left imagining how good it was possibly going to be. Back then it was just looking at the inserts, and wondering what they were really going to do with it. Now it is way beyond what I had imagined.

Oh, Horse of a different color. I didn't figure it out yet. I was collecting horses, but never hit the collect, even though it was lit. I need more games on it to understand it.

With 1.14 I found it to be very addictive and fun. If I hadn't been so tired I'd have put another 20 games on it.

Doh! One last thing. For about 10 minutes I was alone in the room, so no other machines were playing so I could hear a lot more of the sound. Pardon all the superlatives, but again, bang on. I wished I had some headphones with me to hear it all like that (It had the headphone jack). Especially No Place Like Home.

#12 10 years ago

I can't believe that I resisted the urge to read this. It will be better to discover the rules on my own when my game arrives. I am glad that it's here so that it'll be there if needed.

1 week later
#13 10 years ago

I still can't figure out the point of the witch?

Anyone?

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

I still can't figure out the point of the witch?
Anyone?

You will battle her once the cod is more developed.

#15 10 years ago

For now, my WOZ rule sheet is still one word:

WAIT.

And I'm kicking ass at doing that!

1 month later
#16 10 years ago

Very helpful and now there is more going on with the witch.

#17 10 years ago

FYI. Rescue MB rules have changed completely since the thread was posted.

#18 10 years ago

Good to know. Thanks.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

FYI. Rescue MB rules have changed completely since the thread was posted.

Can someone update them, please?

#20 10 years ago

yes, please update to 1.21

#21 10 years ago

+1 on the update to 1.21 plesae

1 week later
#22 10 years ago

OK I kind of forgot about this thread but I'm back on it and I'll start updating with the info I have just from playing it a bit last night on 1.21. There's a lot to update so if anyone has info make a post and I'll edit the top one with the info.

#23 10 years ago

I didn't write this, and I forget where I found it, sorry! Still, its good info:

HORSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR SCORING:
Upon making the collect shot, which is accomplished by holding up the right middle flipper and shooting the ball successfully back into the shooter lane), you get points based off of each horse:
purple = 100
blue = 150
green = 200
yellow = 250
orange = 300
red = 350
rainbow = 400
cow (White) = 500
A level is "completed" when each horse is a different color (rainbows are always different from anything else).
The total is then multiplied thusly:
Success = x # horses
Failure = x 1/2
Any rainbow horse = x 1/2
All the same color = x 3 (and counts as success, too)
All rainbows = x 5 (and the rainbow penalty doesn't apply)
The all the same and all rainbows do not combine. It's either x3 or x5.
Therefore, 4 rainbows would score 32,000. Purple/blue/green/yellow would score 2,800. Blue/green/yellow/rainbow would score 2,000. Purple/purple/blue/yellow would score 300. Purple/purple/green/rainbow would score 200.
A successful completion raises the # horses for collect next round. A failure reduces the #. Min is 4, max is 7.
Horse lights are relit/randomized by the top lane (OZ) slingshot.

#24 10 years ago

Updated based on changelogs and info found in other threads.

#25 10 years ago

Chasosaur,

I'm glad you dug up my posts from the other thread and incorporated them in your rulesheet. This weekend I was planning on taking the glass off and getting specific point values as you progress through Rescue and Emerald City multiball.

I completed EC multiball (collected all three gifts from the wizard) this morning, and I feel that each gift was worth 25k, 50k, then 75k. I'll confirm over the weekend and post what I find.

I also know that Rescue has some pretty sophisticated scoring. Super jackpot at the castle scoop becomes available once you collect three jackpots on at least one of the six jackpot shots. The inserts for each jackpot change from green (single JP) to yellow (double JP) to red (triple JP) to show that you have 3, 2, or 1 jackpot(s) left. The insert is blue once you've completed that shot, and is worth a few points, but less than a single JP. Then you go up to the castle mini-playfield, bash down the door, and collect the super. I know the super is tied to the value of the jackpots you've collected. Once you collect a super all of the jackpots reset on the lower playfied. I'm pretty sure the value of the jackpots is tied to how many balls you started rescue multiball with (starting with 5 balls is worth more than starting Rescue with 2 balls) I also think the value of the super can be multiplied if you hit the rescue letters before collecting the super.

So, those are just some observations I've noted, and will try to confirm over the weekend. Maybe someone else has already figured it out, but I haven't seen it posted anywhere.

#26 10 years ago

Thanks Buckaroo65, your info has been invaluable. I'm playing some more tonight so I'll take note of what I can. Maybe this thread will catch Keith's attention and he can tell us how wrong we are...

#27 10 years ago

Thanks!

#28 10 years ago

Is Extra ball just a Wizard award or is it tied to something else? I'm not getting them for score threshold but not sure what is awarding it and I really need it as the game kicks my ass.

#29 10 years ago

Not fully clear on HOADC: do the horse colors stay lit when you make the shots, or go out? And do you have to hit 4 (or more) to light the collect shot? Does the game remember which colors you already made, or do you score based on what horse colors are lit when you hit the collect shot?

Sorry for the confusing mix of questions, but there's enough going on that I can't figure out this mode too! (I did make 3 steps on TNLH and managed to gack before hitting the simple ramp shot!)

#30 10 years ago

As promised, here is the scoring detail for EC multiball. Rescue details are coming later, but are much more involved.

Rollover 1: 2,500
Ramp 1: 7,500
Rollover 2: 2,500
Ramp 2: 10,000
Rollover 3: 2,500
Ramp 3: 12,500
Throne Room: 15,000
Rollover 4: 2,500
Gift 1: 20,000
Rollover 5: 2,500
Gift 2: 30,000
Rollover 6: 2,500
Gift 3: 40,000

So if you complete the multiball you will earn a total of 150,000 in jackpots along the way. Tie this into a crystal ball mode, and your score will go up very, very quickly.

I hope JJP adds some sort of indication to the display to show the value of the jackpots that you earn. These point values get crazy toward the end of the multiball, and definitely deserve an animation.

#31 10 years ago

Also not mentioned, there are 4 skillshots on ball launch:
1) go through lit upper lane
2) hit the witch
3) hit the jackpot on the side next to the haunted forest bumpers
4) hit the lit letter of crystal ball.

All of these increase in value as you perform the same skill shot again. Can't remember the values off the top of my head so need to verify these values, but believe that 1 is the lowest starting at 5k, 2 next at 6k, 3 next at 7.5k and finally the crystal ball letter the highest at 10k.

Baldric

#32 10 years ago

Baldric pretty much nailed it. Adding on to his information, each skill shot also gives you something associated with the shot that you made.
1) Top lane, 5000 point base value and increases your bonus multiplier.
2) Witch, 5000 point base value and starts a witch hurry-up.
3) Haunted Forest Target, 7500 point base value and immediately starts a haunted scoring mode.
4) Lit B-A-L-L Target, 10,000 point base value and spots all B-A-L-L targets so that a CB mode is ready

#33 10 years ago

I noticed that "Advance Yellow Brick Road" insert is located at the right loop, near the upper right flipper.
I thought that hitting the ramp advanced the Yellow Brick Road.
Also not clear what that accomplishes.

Please expect lots of stupid questions in the very near future -and thanks for your help!

#34 10 years ago

Hm, I can't make out what hitting the "Gilda target" (except a "bling") effects? Any ideas?

#35 10 years ago

Can someone please explain the hurry ups to me.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Can someone please explain the hurry ups to me.

Not sure how to light them, but each inlane has 3 hurry-up inserts. The main arrow on each side is for the opposite orbit, there's one for the winkie guard/castle vuk, and the left lane has a hurry-up for the throne room. (I forget what the other right-lane hurry-up is, and am not near my WOZ). I suspect these hurry-ups will be part of more refined scoring/goals as the software evolves.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from wizzard:

Hm, I can't make out what hitting the "Gilda target" (except a "bling") effects? Any ideas?

Sometimes, Gilda says "Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?" when you hit the Gilda target, but I haven't noticed what else happens.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from the_Lockesmith:

Sometimes, Gilda says "Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?" when you hit the Gilda target, but I haven't noticed what else happens.

Gilda?

Gilda.jpgGilda.jpg
#39 10 years ago

Uuups O.K. with the new code (v1.22) Glinda is integrated in the game now, gives ball or rainbow letters.

#40 10 years ago

^^ I've also noticed random points sometimes.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from wizzard:

Glinda is integrated in the game now, gives ball or rainbow letters

I have also received additional hurry-up time during witch hurry-up.

#42 10 years ago

Does anyone know what the color changing insert on top of the Munchkinland playfield represents? It changes colors often, but I have no idea why or what it is for?

#43 10 years ago

I think it's supposed to represent the next munchkin mode

#44 10 years ago

All,

How do we get the house to display the witches legs? Do we need to hit the ramp multiple times or munchkin mode during twister?

tim

#45 10 years ago

Once you complete the requisite number of loops during twister mode, the magnet catches the ball, and one of the munchkin modes is activated. At that moment, the legs pop out of the side of the house, but only briefly.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Q-Dog:

I have also received additional hurry-up time during witch hurry-up.

Cool. I saw a video today where she rewarded additional haunted mode time as well. On a side note I heard a new wizard callout where he announces awarding a player 10,000 points.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Gilda?

Gilda.jpg 183 KB

I was thinking of this Gilda: http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Gilda lol

#48 10 years ago

Is there a way to collect an extraball outside of the throne room randomly awarding it? I know about score thresholds but I don't award EBs. Thanks.

1 month later
#49 10 years ago

Thanks to all that have compiled this.
Is there an updated version of this out there (initial edit post says 1.21)? Couldn't find an obvious rule sheet between this and 1.24 among the myriad of WOZ posts that resulted from my search on pinside.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Is there a way to collect an extraball outside of the throne room randomly awarding it? I know about score thresholds but I don't award EBs. Thanks.

Right now, 10 YBR ramp shots also lights the throne room saucer for a non-random EB.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-rulesheet-written and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.