image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0583[1].JPG
IMG_0582[1].JPG
TNPLH.jpg
SLING.jpg
DIVIDER.jpg
DSC_9371.JPG
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

I designed/manufactured playfield plastic protectors for my WOZ.

These are machined on a cnc machining center, NOT a laser cutter. The edges will have a nice, machined edge, not polished.

I make these using 1/16 thick polycarbonate, not the typical, PETG.

I have designed 4 of these, (both slingshot plastics, the inlane/outlane divider, as well as the "No Place Like Home" plastic.

Here is a pic of the protectors installed on my WOZ, as well as screen capture showing the plastic geometry in regards to the actual playfield plastic geometry, (magenta is the playfield plastic, yellow is the protector geometry). I offset the edges .100 where I could. You'll notice I'm not able to offset the edges where the ball drops, or it would interfere with the ball dropping out of the wireforms.
It's hard to see from the 1st pick, but I also didn't offset the edges near the flipper rubbers, so the protectors won't interfere with changing the flipper rubbers.
The 2 larger holes on both the divider and TNPLH plasics are clearance holes for the rubber stand-offs the JJP uses to mount the upper most plastic.

Price: $30 for the 4 piece set, SHIPPED anywhere in the continental US.

Any interest?

DSC_9371.JPGDSC_9371.JPG
DIVIDER.jpgDIVIDER.jpg
SLING.jpgSLING.jpg
TNPLH.jpgTNPLH.jpg

#2 10 years ago

I believe you're a little misinformed about PETg, it's NOT Breakable....We have been using PETg for All of our CPR Plastics Sets for over 8 years now and have Never had any piece "break or chip", nor have we ever had a customer contact us complaining about a piece breaking....PETg is pretty In-Destructable, which is why we use it.....

Quoted from indypinhead:

not the typical, breakable PETG

#3 10 years ago

Thanks Stu...

I stand corrected.

I'll edit the post.

#4 10 years ago

I will take a set

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from JIM_Z:

I will take a set

Me too.

#6 10 years ago

Anyone who is interested in these, please send me a PM.

#7 10 years ago

I sent you a pm this afternoon. Let me know if you did not get it.

#8 10 years ago

Bump...

for the weekend morning crowd.

#9 10 years ago

Do you deliver to overseas pinheads?

Cheers,
Bigmac

#10 9 years ago

I can look into it.

I'd have to see what shipping w/ insurance would be.

#11 9 years ago

I'll take a set too please

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from JDinNOVA:

I'll take a set too please

Please send me a PM so I can keep track of orders...

Thanks...

#13 9 years ago

Wish i had them sooner,my right sling just broke I kept thinking of putting some washers on them.

Protect them while you can.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from JIM_Z:

Wish i had them sooner,my right sling just broke I kept thinking of putting some washers on them.

JIM_Z,

This is my first NIB....I put my protectors on before the 1st game.

I've been designing/machining protectors for all of my machines during "down-time" in the shop...

I've noticed that in the week that I've had my machine...there seems to be a lot of air-balls...even set the coils down some....that ball really seems to fly around on WOZ.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from JIM_Z:

Therefor you have a second set of slings in the goodibag
While installing .. dont forget washers or protectors ....

But nice to know, if I remove the glas next time I will protect the plastics. Its true, on the new playfield occurs airballs.

However .. all my pins are for playing and shit happens sometimes.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Therefor you have a second set of slings in the goodibag
While installing .. dont forget washers or protectors ....
But nice to know, if I remove the glas next time I will protect the plastics. Its true, on the new playfield occurs airballs.
However .. all my pins are for playing and shit happens sometimes.

Put them on with washers last night. I had the washers all along in my parts box that came off off my SM. This did not need to happen My fault for not doing it. Had the game apart doing all the other protectors.

Also check your games,the replacements are thicker in mine. You may want to swap them now and keep the thinner ones as spares. I am ordering a set from the guy on Ebay selling some WOZ parts.

#17 9 years ago

Put the broken plastic to work! New WOZ keychain.

IMG_0582[1].JPGIMG_0582[1].JPG IMG_0583[1].JPGIMG_0583[1].JPG
#18 9 years ago

Guys,

I just ran the 1st batch of these...

after doing a time study, and taking into account the material cost as well as the cost for the shipping envelope, I've realized that I'm selling these way too cheap. It takes quite a while to machine these.

I have to increase the cost to $30 shipped, continental US.

I've had a LOT of interest in these, and for those of you who have contacted me, I'll honor the original cost of $25, shipped, continental US.

Going forward, I'll have to charge $30 .

Sorry about having to increase the price, but even at $30 shipped, I'm really not making much money at this.

I'm just hoping to be able to help out my fellow WOZ owners a bit.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from JIM_Z:

Put the broken plastic to work! New WOZ keychain.

Fixed the doors on my castle playfield and on this chance also put under protectors/clear washers.
Maybe the better way until the protectors will arrive.

Very nice idea with keychain !!

#20 9 years ago

Anyone else have any interest in the playfield protectors?

I'm hoping to finish off this first batch in the next day or 2.

I haven't decided, just yet, if I'll be running more after I finish this first batch. The machining/deburring takes quite a while.

Thanks again everyone.

I plan to ship these soon.

#21 9 years ago

These are going fast.

The first batch is almost sold out.

#22 9 years ago

Payment sent, thanks Tim.

#23 9 years ago

UPDATE

I have shipped the protectors to everyone that has paid for their orders so far.

#24 9 years ago

Anyone else interested in these?

I only have a few more sets left.

It may be another month or 2 before I can run these again.

Real work in starting to pick up in the shop.

Please let me know.

#25 9 years ago

... minus one set, which goes to Luxembourg.
Bigmac

#26 9 years ago

PM Sent

#27 9 years ago

Product received, they look nice. I do not have my WOZ to test these on yet unfortunately, I am just gathering some things I need for when it gets here. Thank you Tim.

#28 9 years ago

pinstyle,

You're gonna love WOZ.

Thanks again,

#30 9 years ago

Yea I'm pretty excited Tim, I have been gathering information on things I need, things I need to take care of once the game gets here, along with common known issues and how to resolve them. The list has about 32 entries I believe, it's going to come in handy once the game arrives. I have quite a wait ahead of me though. Take care.

#31 9 years ago

pinstyle...feel free to share your list.

I've obly had my WOZ for 2 weeks.

The most important things to do to WOZ, IMO, is to grind down the lower pop bumper ring and install the Munckinland edge protector from Cliffy.

#32 9 years ago

how cool you already shipped them, they might be waiting for me when I get home from Pinfest!
and I just picked up my cool Pinnovator mod for the WoZ as well.

#33 9 years ago

Payment sent Tim - I'm patiently waiting for my WOZ also... So far I have collected mirrorblades, pin gulp, full cliffy set, and now your protectors.

Wolf - was that the the volume control or Bluetooth jukebox thingy?

#34 9 years ago

mountain, what I found to be the coolest mod was the cushioned decals that spelled out rainbow.
The emerald city mod does NOT sparkle and you might want to go slow on that mod. Lot of money. The more I look at it I think I like the original set up. If there was something I could do to make it more attractive I would do it.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

pinstyle...feel free to share your list.
I've obly had my WOZ for 2 weeks.
The most important things to do to WOZ, IMO, is to grind down the lower pop bumper ring and install the Munckinland edge protector from Cliffy.

Let me see if I can copy and paste it, the list in on my note pad on my phone. I think a lot of people can benefit from it.

#36 9 years ago

Done. List added.

#37 9 years ago

I got the high quality protector set in a day after ordering; thanks for getting them in the mail so fast!

Tim -- you should consider making more plastics protectors besides the WOZ set. I've seen your work on custom protectors for other games and they awesome.

Jesse

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from JesseB:

Tim -- you should consider making more plastics protectors besides the WOZ set. I've seen your work on custom protectors for other games and they awesome.

Jesse

I'm considering it Jesse.

Thanks for the praise.

#39 9 years ago

I received the WOZ protectors today and have tested them. To me this goes under the category of "no brainer". These are really nice. An extra bonus is that the part that sticks out (edges) has a rather bright glow when playing. Very noticeable. At least on my machine. A real bargain.

#40 9 years ago

Received and installed my protectors today. Top quality product that looks good on the machine.

#41 9 years ago

Thanks for the good word guys.

I currently have 2 sets left.

I'll be running the next batch after next week.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Thanks for the good word guys.
I currently have 2 sets left.
I'll be running the next batch after next week.

Put me down for a possible set in the future in the event that I receive my pre-order ECLE.

#43 9 years ago

I want a set! As soon as you are able.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I want a set! As soon as you are able.

I have 2 sets left right now, if you're interested.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Put me down for a possible set in the future in the event that I receive my pre-order ECLE.

I'll keep you posted.

I've also received a request to design/machine a protector for the playfield plastic that goes over the winkie guard drop target.

I've heard of a few instances already of that plastic breaking. More than likely, the breakage was caused by the ball bouncing out the side of the castle VUK wireform. I've seen this happen a few times already on my WOZ. Even after lowering the coil setting, I've seen this happen.

It looks like this particular protector will need to be installed ABOVE the existing playfield plastic.

I'll look into designing that next week.

#46 9 years ago

One set left.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I have 2 sets left right now, if you're interested.

Hi Tim,

I installed the protectors today and they are perfect. Thanks for doing these.

Gord

#48 9 years ago

Pm sent

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Thanks for doing these.

You're welcome.

#50 9 years ago

30 bucks is a GREAT price. GREAT job. I feel like buying a set and don't even have a woz.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 91.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-playfield-plastic-protectors-for-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.