• Latest reply 9 years ago by Stretch7
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WOZ_playfield.png

#1 9 years ago

So I was playing WOZ last night and I remember someone mentioned here with the new update that the "BALL" lights for crystal multiball change colors to tell you which mode will play out once you start it, and I was wishing I knew what those colors were, heh.

Then, when we last had some people over, a few were playing the WOZ and I really wanted to explain all the different things for you to do/accomplish.. but there is so much I wasn't really sure where to start.

Lastly, I have been pondering how to decorate the walls by the WOZ and the TSPP and after seeing a few others game rooms I thought about maybe getting a WOZ movie poster and some sort of Simpsons one and then getting them framed, but was still decided what to get.

SooOoooOo, I was thinking, why not make some sort of playfield rulesheet "Map" for each game, get it printed and framed and hang that up instead. Then when people come over (and for my own benefit) I have a simple visual means to document the different parts of the game (as seen on top of the playfield).

I would just take a good high res pic of my playfield with the glass off, then have a large border around it where I can point things out, etc etc (the arrows and bubbles with text). This would not be "for sale" nor would I print and distribute it, I would use no JJP or WOZ logo or art (other than whats on the playfield itself) so my assumption is that this would fall under "fair use".

Unless something like this already exists, that's my plan, heh. (I remember seeing a rule sheet "flowchart" floating around, but not quite what i'm looking for)

I will also probably be posting at least some questions here about the rules, as I know some of the basics but am certainly far from an expert.

I'd like to respectfully ask that this be kept on topic. I am aware of and respect everyone's opinions on JJP, love em' or hate em' and also hope the remaining ECLE orders get shipped out asap, but there are plenty of other threads to vent in for that stuff.

#2 9 years ago

Forgive my ignorance, but what are the new rules for defeating the witch in 3.0? Do you have to make all of the green shots and can these shots be changed by hitting the witch?

I have defeated the witch in earlier versions, but have focused more on scoring lately. I seem to score more by focusing on stacking than on battling the witch.

#3 9 years ago

I would love to have what you propose. Thanks!

#4 9 years ago

as posted in other thread...

arcadenerd925 - I have the flowchart... I think it was posted on the JJP group - not sure by who - so i don't believe it's not something that Jack would like kept under wraps anymore - I will ask him if you'd like and if ok by him I can send to you for inclusion... PM me if interested...

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I would love to have what you propose. Thanks!

np, I will post the completed graphic for anyone interested to DL on a free file sharing site TBD.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

as posted in other thread...
arcadenerd925 - I have the flowchart... I think it was posted on the JJP group - not sure by who - so i don't believe it's not something that Jack would like kept under wraps anymore - I will ask him if you'd like and if ok by him I can send to you for inclusion... PM me if interested...
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

Yeah ive seen it, but need to find it again so i can mine it for info, lol. My goal is to present a visual way to see the rules as overlayed over and around the playfield so that its both easy to ready, and something that you'd like displayed next to your woz, so any help that allows me to figure out the rules I am all for. I'll search the google group for your flowchart thread too, gotta be in there somewhere. thanks!

#7 9 years ago

Frankly, I think the one I have from Jack way way long ago wasn't even complete - it was Keith's work in progress when he was still programming, so I don't have anything special... and the most recent one I saw was something somebody posted maybe here on Pinside from the JJP group... so it's out there, i just didn't know if Jack put it out there officially and I don't want to be disrespectful and let something loose I shouldn't, it's his property, not mine.... let me know if you need help if you don't find it 'out there' easily, i can just ask Jack for you, and i would bet it's not a problem at all. He doesn't care about stuff like that and always would want to help someone who's excited about the game. And I posted myself as I now have newbie customers who bought WOZ's from me asking for rules etc... so they can learn, teach kids, etc... it's kinda needed now.
Joe

#8 9 years ago

No worries, and no need to bug Jack, he's got more important stuff to do. Half the fun will be learning all the rules.

I took some pics of the playfield with the glass off with my DSLR, played with different flash settings, blah blah blah. I took the pic of it powered off cause I thought it looked best that way. But when I do each rule call out, I will have a blown up "bubble" close up for each part, and those will be with lights on.

This is the one I thought came out best.

WOZ_playfield.pngWOZ_playfield.png
#9 9 years ago

I wouldn't mind a flow chart either.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-playfield-maprule-sheet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.