• Latest reply 10 years ago by blondetall
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jjack2.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I picked up my WOZ yesterday.

Here are just a couple things I've noticed.

#1...the munchkin playfield needs the Cliffy edge protector installed before launching the 1st ball. I've played 5 games on mine, and already my playfield has a couple chips.

I guess I should've installed mine before playing, but I figured a few short games won't hurt....WRONG!!!

I also noticed while disassembling the pop bumper so I can grind the area that rubs the ball guide, JJP's assembly is a little backwards compared to the Williams assemblies in regards to the steel plate and Phenolic plate. On the Williams machine, the steel plate is towards the playfield and the Phenolic plate towards the coil. Also, on my WOZ they're not using the thin washers that usually go between the pop bumper rods and the plates. It seems that with the pop bumper rods will cause the phenolic plates to wear and produce slop in the assembly, especially with the missing washers.

#2 10 years ago

Great Information Indypin......

I am looking to pick up a WOZ too... but I enjoy working on my own machines as you do to. These things are important information to me. Especially the 'cliffy' protectors which I don't currently own on my machines but have been told that it's a good investment.

I can share with you my machines but I just looked at my own 'profile' and it says I don't own any. Tried to add a few but just a little confused how to add pinballs to my collections... It keep wanting me to look up based on my entry.

Anyways, congrats on the new pinball. Would love to check it out sometime.

#3 10 years ago

Best Built, Highest Quality machine there is. And, IIRC, JJP said something like "We luvs ya Cliffy, but there will be no need for your protectors on WoZ".

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

while disassembling the pop bumper so I can grind the area that rubs the ball guide

Having to grind anything on a brand new pinball machine is concerning. Wasn't this issue pointed out long ago? Why isn't this taken care of at the factory?

#5 10 years ago

Respect the thread!!! NO bad talk.

#6 10 years ago

Hi Indy,

Have you had a chance to check if you have the new anti-lockup boards and, well, have you had any lock-ups?

#7 10 years ago

went to a open house pin party the WOZ was only 1 day old and was having bumper problems lets see how they are doing in about 5 years

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

went to a open house pin party the WOZ was only 1 day old and was having bumper problems lets see how they are doing in about 5 years

I suspect fine in five years. Not a big deal to make adjustments to a new pin. A mates Metallica needed a flipper adjustment out of the box does that mean it will not last? Relax dude.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Have you had a chance to check if you have the new anti-lockup boards and, well, have you had any lock-ups?

No lock-ups yet.

I've only played about 10 games on it so far.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Best Built, Highest Quality machine there is. And, IIRC, JJP said something like "We luvs ya Cliffy, but there will be no need for your protectors on WoZ".

Your wife must love arguing with you as you bring up that time back in college she got a bit tipsy.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I picked up my WOZ yesterday.
Here are just a couple things I've noticed.
#1...the munchkin playfield needs the Cliffy edge protector installed before launching the 1st ball. I've played 5 games on mine, and already my playfield has a couple chips.
I guess I should've installed mine before playing, but I figured a few short games won't hurt....WRONG!!!
I also noticed while disassembling the pop bumper so I can grind the area that rubs the ball guide, JJP's assembly is a little backwards compared to the Williams assemblies in regards to the steel plate and Phenolic plate. On the Williams machine, the steel plate is towards the playfield and the Phenolic plate towards the coil. Also, on my WOZ they're not using the thin washers that usually go between the pop bumper rods and the plates. It seems that with the pop bumper rods will cause the phenolic plates to wear and produce slop in the assembly, especially with the missing washers.

Is JJP addressing these issues along with the rubbing/scraping pop bumper?

Are the Ruby Reds shipping with updates?

#12 10 years ago

Yeah not sure why they chose not to update the games that are shipping

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Are the Ruby Reds shipping with updates?

Correct me if I am wrong, but there were only a couple of prototype reds made and these are not shipping??? If Red LEs are shipping, I know someone waiting on his green LE that will cancel his order first thing in the morning on Monday.

And WTF is an anti lockup board? Hard to keep track of all of the problems these have had.

#14 10 years ago

I hope they will get all the issues worked out. I think they will. But I sit here and cant stop laughing at all the guys that protect woz as a newborn child. Its a new company....it has new problems....it will get worked out.....its only a pinball machine!! Everyone is allowed to voice opinion, but if a negative opinion is expressed, look out the woz holy rollers will attack!!! I will have a woz someday but will wait for the greats like Lloyd etc to figure out the problems and get them right.

Jack keep up the good work and keep learning that's all we can ask for. Im happy there is a Hobbit and third game planned...hopefully they keep getting better!

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Correct me if I am wrong, but there were only a couple of prototype reds made and these are not shipping??? If Red LEs are shipping, I know someone waiting on his green LE that will cancel his order first thing in the morning on Monday.
And WTF is an anti lockup board? Hard to keep track of all of the problems these have had.

You are right.

I should have said, Will the Ruby Reds ship with the updates?

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

You are right.
I should have said, Will the Ruby Reds ship with the updates?

There was a Red at an auction yesterday, so it perked my interest when it was mentioned here...

#17 10 years ago

How and why was that ruby red at the auction? I guess JJP has built all the ecle And moved on to the 75th Anniversay addition.
Hopefully they're getting ready to ship hobbits on time.

#18 10 years ago

Buddy took it there just to let people play. It was not up for auction

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

I hope they will get all the issues worked out. I think they will. But I sit here and cant stop laughing at all the guys that protect woz as a newborn child. Its a new company....it has new problems....it will get worked out.....its only a pinball machine!! Everyone is allowed to voice opinion, but if a negative opinion is expressed, look out the woz holy rollers will attack!!! I will have a woz someday but will wait for the greats like Lloyd etc to figure out the problems and get them right.
Jack keep up the good work and keep learning that's all we can ask for. Im happy there is a Hobbit and third game planned...hopefully they keep getting better!

Funny, I can't stop laughing at all the guys, with zero interest in the pin for 3 years continuing to waste time criticizing it like its the alien newborn child, and then lob a few veiled compliments like "i hope they get it right…..blah, blah, blah…"

Yeah its funny, its a great pin, that has had some issues, mine has had a couple of minor switch adjustments and blown fuse, there is a reason why the positive reviews far outweigh the BS, yes it sucks that not all Le's are delivered yet and it has had some issues for some. Time to get over it, JJP has created a great pin, maybe you guys can play one on location.

But then again, this is pinball, and pinheads will complain about a chipped fingernail while playing, and blame the flipper button!

It's not limited to Woz or JJP, take a look at SkitB right now, that $$$ is about to change hands and its non stop with respect to Stern too. It's the way it is, but to complain non stop, one would think you'd have some interest in the actual pin instead of taking joy at someone else's issues.

#20 10 years ago

I have a question for WOZ owners...

How do I get my machine to show my custom message?

Also, how do I get my machine to display my LE number?

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I have a question for WOZ owners...
How do I get my machine to show my custom message?
Also, how do I get my machine to display my LE number?

Does it not ship with a manual?

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Funny, I can't stop laughing at all the guys, with zero interest in the pin for 3 years continuing to waste time criticizing it like its the alien newborn child, and then lob a few veiled compliments like "i hope they get it right…..blah, blah, blah…"
Yeah its funny, its a great pin, that has had some issues, mine has had a couple of minor switch adjustments and blown fuse, there is a reason why the positive reviews far outweigh the BS, yes it sucks that not all Le's are delivered yet and it has had some issues for some. Time to get over it, JJP has created a great pin, maybe you guys can play one on location.
But then again, this is pinball, and pinheads will complain about a chipped fingernail while playing, and blame the flipper button!
It's not limited to Woz or JJP, take a look at SkitB right now, that $$$ is about to change hands and its non stop with respect to Stern too. It's the way it is, but to complain non stop, one would think you'd have some interest in the actual pin instead of taking joy at someone else's issues.

Hi Ice,,, nice example there.

Hope you are enjoying your pin. I have been interested in woz since it was first heard of. I have well over 100 plays on WOZ. I'll have one some day. At the time I couldn't put aside 6500 so I was unable to get on the list. Ill wait until all the glitches are worked out and buy a nice used or routed one down the road...sounds like yours is without issue or major issues...congrats! Its pinball and when you take peoples opinions and call it a waste of time because it doesn't agree with you that doesn't seem respectful to other peoples interest and/or feelings in the hobby.....Everyone has a right to their opinion but someone always whines if they don't agree.

#23 10 years ago

it's on a CD...just haven't tried to look it up yet

#24 10 years ago

It doesn't say in the manual how to turn on the custom message display.

I've entered my custom message...but the machine doesn't show it.

#25 10 years ago

My WOZ also shows the incorrect date/time.

I've set the clock in utilities, but my changes aren't taking.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

My WOZ also shows the incorrect date/time.

I've set the clock in utilities, but my changes aren't taking.

Never mind.....

I guess I should have followed the instructions at the bottom of the display telling me to hit the start button to save my changes....

DOH!

#27 10 years ago

I was just going to post that. I just set mine. Do you see your game number on your screen?

#28 10 years ago

I put Welcome to WOZECLE #___/1000 on my custom message.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I put Welcome to WOZECLE #___/1000 on my custom message.

There's a special place to enter your game number and it does it for you. You don't have to make a custom message to do it. I've had mine now for over a month with zero problems. I did install the munchkin land protector before I launched the first ball. Enjoy your game!

Kevin

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

Hi Ice,,, nice example there.

Hope you are enjoying your pin. I have been interested in woz since it was first heard of. I have well over 100 plays on WOZ. I'll have one some day. At the time I couldn't put aside 6500 so I was unable to get on the list. Ill wait until all the glitches are worked out and buy a nice used or routed one down the road...sounds like yours is without issue or major issues...congrats! Its pinball and when you take peoples opinions and call it a waste of time because it doesn't agree with you that doesn't seem respectful to other peoples interest and/or feelings in the hobby.....Everyone has a right to their opinion but someone always whines if they don't agree.

Hi Scott, I hope you are able to get one some day, its a great pin, weren't most of those plays on Woz with early code on the boardwalk and a proto? You really should get another 100 on 3.0, you'd love it. For myself, I love to hear everybody's opinion, good or bad, its all in the presentation, I'm respectful of honest opinions and feelings, "whining" over and over again, I'm not….and I'm not saying its you, except for

the unnecessary comment you made towards people "can't stop laughing at all the guys who protect Woz as a newborn child"……….well, you saw my opinion above, just not in agreement with that attitude, sorry…And isn't that really just your way of saying you disrespect everybody else's opinion and view that hold it up in such high regard?

Have a great day Scott!

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hi Scott, I hope you are able to get one some day, its a great pin, weren't most of those plays on Woz with early code on the boardwalk and a proto? You really should get another 100 on 3.0, you'd love it. For myself, I love to hear everybody's opinion, good or bad, its all in the presentation, I'm respectful of honest opinions and feelings, "whining" over and over again, I'm not….and I'm not saying its you, except for
the unnecessary comment you made towards people "can't stop laughing at all the guys who protect Woz as a newborn child"……….well, you saw my opinion above, just not in agreement with that attitude, sorry…
Have a great day Scott!

I understand!

I have played new code. Not 100 games but 25 plus games. It is different from the early code! I like it. I'll come across one someday, I always said my IJ would be trade bait down the road.

Have a great day as well....I'm looking forward to a nice B-Day dinner tonight! Well everyone else thinks 4-20 this year is Easter but I am ok if it falls on my B-Day....nice big dinner at Mom's!

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

I understand!
I have played new code. Not 100 games but 25 plus games. It is different from the early code! I like it. I'll come across one someday, I always said my IJ would be trade bait down the road.
Have a great day as well....I'm looking forward to a nice B-Day dinner tonight! Well everyone else thinks 4-20 this year is Easter but I am ok if it falls on my B-Day....nice big dinner at Mom's!

Happy Easter and happy B-Day! Dinner at Mom's with family is always a great day…..

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Happy Easter and happy B-Day! Dinner at Mom's with family is always a great day…..

Thanks!!!

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just remeber that Jack himself took direct shots at Gary Stern and Gary's Company in front of hundreds of people at pinball shows. That changed my opinion of him. And, Jack's perfect company, team, second pin and roll-out of his first pin turned out to be nothing close of what he promised. He also said money was not an issue and he did not need financing nor pre-sale money, he just wanted the money to gauge production. He later gave a published interview in a magazine or newspaper that indicated his earlier words were lies. Now do you understand why some keep it up? It may be a good idea for new potential customers to know what has happened in the past and who they are dealing with.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Just remeber that Jack himself took direct shots at Gary Stern and Gary's Company in front of hundreds of people at pinball shows. That changed my opinion of him. And, Jack's perfect company, team, second pin and roll-out of his first pin turned out to be nothing close of what he promised. He also said money was not an issue and he did not need financing nor pre-sale money, he just wanted the money to gauge production. He later gave a published interview in a magazine or newspaper that indicated his earlier words were lies. Now do you understand why some keep it up? It may be a good idea for new potential customers to know what has happened in the past and who they are dealing with.

Could not agree more with your statement

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Do you think Gary Stern was being Mr Nice Guy when JJP was starting up? I suspect WOZ may have been shipping 6-8 months earlier if Stern didn't pull any crap to make life harder for their competition. Just basing this on some info I've gathered; gather your own if you don't believe me.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Could not agree more with your statement

Of course. What else would a Stern distributor say here?

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Do you think Gary Stern was being Mr Nice Guy when JJP was starting up? I suspect WOZ may have been shipping 6-8 months earlier if Stern didn't pull any crap to make life harder for their competition. Just basing this on some info I've gathered; gather your own if you don't believe me.

At least Gary didn't make any PUBLIC shots!!

#39 10 years ago

Not a stern distributer; just saying that was wrong what was done in his speeches that is all; I am in for AMH and love what spooky is doing give the public something to see and present a finished game; that is the way it should be done

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

There's a special place to enter your game number and it does it for you. You don't have to make a custom message to do it.

Anyone know where I add this info?

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Jjack2.jpgJjack2.jpg

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Now do you understand why some keep it up? It may be a good idea for new potential customers to know what has happened in the past and who they are dealing with.

Thank you for admitting you have something specific against JJP and are deliberately following his threads to post negative things. You're free to do that, of course (mods allowing), but it's nice you finally admitted you're stalking JJP threads to bash him You're right that the WOZ release didn't go quite according to Jack's plans, but at some point you need to let it go. Especially since you never bought one and have no personal dealings with him. Just a repetitive voice from the peanut gallery... it gets old.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I wonder if this is all about cure time. Let me explain. I got my WOZ a few months back after a long period without much of anything shipping due to "cabinet supplier issues". I have not installed any cliffys yet after hundreds of games, and have no issues anywhere on the playfield. It might be that my playfield cured longer before playing.

Classic playfield Reproductions demands that there playfields have 2 months to cure after you receive them.....hmmmm.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Beating a dead hours gif.

#45 10 years ago

Mods....

Please close this thread.

I didn't start this thread for it to turn into the typical JJP p!ssing match.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Thank you for admitting you have something specific against JJP and are deliberately following his threads to post negative things. You're free to do that, of course (mods allowing), but it's nice you finally admitted you're stalking JJP threads to bash him You're right that the WOZ release didn't go quite according to Jack's plans, but at some point you need to let it go. Especially since you never bought one and have no personal dealings with him. Just a repetitive voice from the peanut gallery... it gets old.

He's also the biggest name dropper on this forum. "Back in my day I used to hang out with so and so from Bally or Williams and we use do do this that and this". So many times he drops names that 95% of the people here have no who he's talking idea about. I remember a thread he posted in (or started) that was like "omg guys check what xxx posted on their blog" and everyone was like WHO??

We get it MrBally, you've been around since pinball was next to the model T at the worlds fair but reminding all of us constantly will get you no where

#47 10 years ago

Alex...while you're hear....can you tell me where it is in the settings that I can set my LE# so it appears in attract mode?

#48 10 years ago

I've also set the machine to play attract sounds/music...but my machine isn't making a sound.

Do I need to power it off for the settings to "take"?

#49 10 years ago

Game settings. I believe the last item in the list.

#50 10 years ago

found it....

Thanks Alex

Now....what about the attract sounds?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-1st-observations and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.