(Topic ID: 86633)

Would it be safe to assume this is SHOT? Sega board

By balboarules

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC01079.JPG
    DSC01077.JPG
    DSC01078.JPG
    #1 10 years ago

I got this board in the mail a few weeks ago, I just got around to opening it...

Would I be safe to assume that this is now toast? I have never had this happen on a board before.. I opened the box and my mouth dropped when I saw this.. I am assuming that attempting to put this in a game would spell disaster...

DSC01077.JPGDSC01077.JPG
    DSC01078.JPGDSC01078.JPG
    DSC01079.JPGDSC01079.JPG

#2 10 years ago

I don't think the game would spontaneously combust, but I think I'd write it off. Was it properly packed? Insured? I take it no signs on the outside of the box that it was damaged?

#3 10 years ago

There is still some value to this board. The chips are worth $10

Then other parts have some value

#4 10 years ago

The box was a small bit wider on both sides, maybe an inch.. I am hoping it was insured..

It was in an antistatic bag with bubble wrap around it.. and some peanuts and paper.

#5 10 years ago

The board is toast. As hank says the chips have value though its more than $10 - working BSMT2000 worth more than the other chips put together. Hopefully whoever shipped it to you insured it.

viperrwk

#6 10 years ago

Looks like they did.. so all is going to end well..

#7 10 years ago

It can definitely be fixed, I've fixed worse. Time consuming certainly, but the board is a tough find. If the insurance doesn't cover it, or they let you keep it, don't toss it.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#8 10 years ago

Bit of duct tape. no problem
    faz

#9 10 years ago

that sucks D:

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-it-be-safe-to-assume-this-is-shot-sega-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.