Grand Prix 325
Gorgar 400
Black Jack 250 NW
Operation Thunder 250
Future Spa 150 NW
Motor Dome 225 NW

NW = non working

#2 12 years ago

Quite the auction this time. Good to see some volume and options, seems to keep the prices a little lower than when there's only 10 machines.

#3 12 years ago

Alot of Pin's,, but the Prices vs's Condition Sucked !!! I bought Nothing ,, and the AFM Looked Terrible .. If it Had Been better , I Would've bought it..

The Banker bought Godzilla for $ 1500.00 Cash ,, ( my Cash ) from Green-Coin before The Pin's were sold !!

#4 12 years ago

NBA 3K?? WTH?

That FT although it had some weird issues (solenoids randomly firing) had hardly any insert issues or PF wear and would clean up nice. Big time Cab fade, tho. Of all those prices, I'd say that was the best deal.

SST at 950, not bad
Robocop at 600 is a very good buy

Good to see everybody

#5 12 years ago

Wow, those prices seem high...I guess thats the market though...even if some were buy backs.

#6 12 years ago

How were the TAF's?

#7 12 years ago

Both TAF 's had Issues,, I wanted the I500 , It Needed a Shop BAD , Flipper's were Soo Slow,,
Credit Dot City ,, and it Sold for $ 1925.00 ... Income Tax Money was Being Burned !!!

Jack bought the Best TAF ,, I will be Shop'd and 4-Sale in a Few week's .. I'll Post it Here when
he get's it Ready with Pict's added..

#8 12 years ago

How does one go about finding a pinball auction? Are there any coming up in the midwest anytime soon?

#9 12 years ago

AFM for under $4K???? Someone's coming home happy.

#10 12 years ago

I would totally have bought the robocop

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I was offered the Robocop after the Auction by the Buyer for $ 800.00 . I Played a Game on it ,
it Did Noth-n for me.. It was Super Clean tho !!!

#12 12 years ago

what were the fees (auction and state taxes), 20%? It makes the I500 close to $2400, which is pretty high if needing a shopping and DMD

#13 12 years ago

Came home with a few deals but even the arcades were getting ridiculous....

#14 12 years ago

I missed this , but im broke ....too would have loved to gone and gottin myself in to debt

#15 12 years ago

How was the Operation Thunder?

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

totally thought about it. Really cool backglass. Everyone is right about the % the auction takes if you're buying for home-use. Kinda fun to go regardless.

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from JesseB:

what were the fees (auction and state taxes), 20%? It makes the I500 close to $2400, which is pretty high if needing a shopping and DMD

Yikes, I sold mine for $2200 and it was damn near perfect.

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

That had to be one rough AFM.

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from JesseB:

10% buyers fee, 7% sales tax. If you sell something, then you only pay $10 on a purchase + sales tax. If you are 'in the business' and not a home buyer you also avoid the 10% buyers fee. If you have a tax exempt cert, you avoid the tax.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

one of the nices PF's there.

The deals were on the drivers behind the second row of pins. I looked over there were five to six people with the caller and the drives went under 300 (hydro thunder -somthing 4x4 and another)
They had so much there the normal rows were getting messed up. (normally the drivers are on the outside edge, also three pins were in the first row and went cheap. Fully working Dolly went $350 would have been higher in the pin rows. Just the boards and display were worth that much.
Could have been a good platform for Lost Vegas.

Shadow was the big gamble...popped but no dmd action or boot $1200. Best thing for it was the pf was complete and the cab was good.

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

kwiKimart said:

That had to be one rough AFM.

see the other thread. beat up fairly bad.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wsalem-feb-4th-arcadepin-auction

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Both TAF 's had Issues,, I wanted the I500 , It Needed a Shop BAD , Flipper's were Soo Slow,,
Credit Dot City ,, and it Sold for $ 1925.00 ... Income Tax Money was Being Burned !!!
Jack bought the Best TAF ,, I will be Shop'd and 4-Sale in a Few week's .. I'll Post it Here when
he get's it Ready with Pict's added..

Black_Rose I gotta call BS on that one. You should get glasses and Jack needs a stronger pair (or he bid on the wrong machine). The other TAF was much nicer.

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from loriradford:

Black_Rose I gotta call BS on that one. You should get glasses and Jack needs a stronger pair (or he bid on the wrong machine). The other TAF was much nicer.

uh-oh, those are fightin' words.

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

loriradford said:Black_Rose I gotta call BS on that one. You should get glasses and Jack needs a stronger pair (or he bid on the wrong machine). The other TAF was much nicer.

Nope, just a different opinion. I'd never pick a fight with him. He's my friend!!

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from loriradford:

I'd never pick a fight with him.

me neither. i kinda knew you were kiddin'. shoulda put a smiley in there.

#26 12 years ago

Jack bought the one that would not play and had a bit of magnet burn on the playfield.The other TAF was playable but needed all new ramps.I think he did ok.

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

10% buyers fee, 7% sales tax. If you sell something, then you only pay $10 on a purchase + sales tax.

robertmee, are you certain of this? I brought a sign that I was going to put in the auction and hopefully save some cash if I picked up a pin. The girl in the office and one on the floor both told me there was no fee waived if I was a seller, so I didn't even take it out of the truck.

Ended up not getting a pin, the ones I was interested in went too high. Met B_R and some of the other pinsiders and pick up a new glass (thanks Andrew!), so was a good day.

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from southbound:

robertmee said:10% buyers fee, 7% sales tax. If you sell something, then you only pay $10 on a purchase + sales tax.
robertmee, are you certain of this? I brought a sign that I was going to put in the auction and hopefully save some cash if I picked up a pin. The girl in the office and one on the floor both told me there was no fee waived if I was a seller, so I didn't even take it out of the truck.
Ended up not getting a pin, the ones I was interested in went too high. Met B_R and some of the other pinsiders and pick up a new glass (thanks Andrew!), so was a good day.

Almost certain, unless they've changed something recently. Ask B_R or HOOKED as they've both recently sold/bought items at the auction. Maybe they were thinking you were talking about a seller's fee, which there is....$10 for buying an item.

In fact, now that I think about it, Mike (not sure if he's on pinside) sold an item and bought one. I saw his checkout slip. He wasn't charged the 10% buyers fee....Just the $10 sellers fee.

#29 12 years ago

Hmm, yea maybe there was a misunderstanding. Worked out for the better anyway since I didn't get anything. I'll bring it again next time.

#30 12 years ago
Quoted from loriradford:

davewth said:loriradford said:Black_Rose I gotta call BS on that one. You should get glasses and Jack needs a stronger pair (or he bid on the wrong machine). The other TAF was much nicer.
Nope, just a different opinion. I'd never pick a fight with him. He's my friend!!

My Bad !!! Jack bought the TAF w/ NO Topper !!! Can't Rem- which was Nicer now.. And Thanxx Lori for Sett-n me Strait.. Jump on my Back Anytime !! I can Take it ..
Glass's huh ,, LOl,,, I Only wear them when I'm soldering or read-n..

TAF_,_Feb_4th.JPGTAF_,_Feb_4th.JPG AD.jpgAD.jpg B_R_with_Glass_es.jpgB_R_with_Glass_es.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Glen Rock, PA
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 169.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/winston-salem-auction-results-2412 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.