10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0606.JPG
#1 10 years ago

I have a 78 WWC that is giving me troubles. The machine has boards and a power supply from Kohout's. The score boards are upgraded to pinscore and the entire machine has cointaker LEDs.

Turn on the game and all is fine. Start a game all is fine. Begin playing and the trouble starts. Some switches immediately cause the game to reset and some cause the left GOAL scoring hole coil to fire randomly.

I cannot get the game into diagnostic mode. I don't know if this is because of the modern technology I added, but Kohout's instructions don't work. He keeps telling me to try the same thing.

The boards did fine for 6 years. I sent them to him for diagnostics and he said all was well. Not sure what else he can do for me.

Bought a totally new populated playfield, same exact issues. Still, it is good to have the spare so I'm ok with that.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the problems. This was a machine that my father and I found on the side of the road and is the reason I got into pinball. I never want to get rid of it and want it to be working.

#2 10 years ago

Check your coin door wiring, particularly the slam tilt switch, and the coin switches, to see if something is grounding against the door itself.

6 months later
#3 9 years ago

I am still trying to find out what my issue is here. By process of elimination I have cut the coil that was firing randomly loose on the ground side.

I start a game and tested every switch to determine which ones cause the game to cut out.

The top left rollover, top right rollover, the left kickout and right kickout, and the out hole.

If I disconnect J2 the issue cannot be replicated. Plug it back in and the game trips again.

I replaced the entire upper harness. Still the same issue.

I started a game, unplugged cabinet harness and coin door harness, then tried same switches. Still tripping.

The game blacks out essentially and I must cycle power to get it reset.

Any System 3 guys have any ideas?

I'm looking for any help I can get. Could this be a board issue? Im using Kohout aftermarket boards.

IMG_0606.JPGIMG_0606.JPG
#4 9 years ago

Managed to get the game into diagnostic mode finally! Everything on the game passes the diagnostic test.

Does this mean I have board issues since my errors are only during gameplay?

1 week later
#5 9 years ago

I installed a new Rottendog combo board and the game works perfect now. FWIW Kohout did offer to repair the boards free of charge since the last time that I sent them to him the "fix" didn't correct the issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-world-cup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.