(Topic ID: 12917)

Will a pin fit in a Mazda3 hatch? Debatable.

By jayhawkai

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MAZDASPEED3_172.jpg
    Mazda3-5-Door-Exterior_Image-04-1280.jpg
    Indy_500_pinball.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

You be the judge. Short trip in clear weather with a tie-down strap and some blankets to secure it.

Indy_500_pinball.jpgIndy_500_pinball.jpg

#2 12 years ago

Sure. Go for it,but don't play Fittipaldi.

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from Angyalpor:

Sure. Go for it,but don't play Fittipaldi.

haha, must be a Hungarian thing.

#4 12 years ago

Which?

#5 12 years ago

Its does not really fit...but I admire the can do attitude.

#6 12 years ago

Only if your going directly across the parking lot. Good luck!

#7 12 years ago

Unbolt the backbox hinges and slide the head forward about 6 inches (the harnesses are long enough to allow it.

Actually on second thought, don't. It still wont fit.

#8 12 years ago

That's a lot of weight hanging off behind the rear axle.
    It may have an effect on steering - I would not do it.

Rent a Uhaul

#9 12 years ago

Take the head off! Problem solved.

Pins definitely fit better in their last style..

#10 12 years ago

Take the head off. Slide the head through the back with the left seatback down and the passenger seat all the way forward. Put the head in the right back passneger seat. Slide the front passenger seat back. It will wedge the head in (I recommend covering in towels first).

Slide the cab in the back ont he right side. You will need some towels to cushion it against the hatch. Lean the driver's seat back to brace it.

With stern heads you can fit two people comfortably in the car for a long trip. I did this with my father and he is well over 300lbs and 6ft tall. It also gives you room for luggage or a blown tire (done that before). With stern heads you have to be careful not to damage the headliner. I have a mark in mine from trying to squeeze it through the door, that is why I say bring it in the hatch.

With williams heads the passenger is a bit uncomfortable. They are shorter but wider than sterns. I moved a cp with my fiancee in the passenger seat, but she looked a bit unhappy and she is tiny.

Other word of the wise. The car will handle fine if you do this, but if you get in a wreck that machine will slide forward and break the seat back. It is a little nerve racking going down steep hills as you will feel the machine pushing hard against the seat.

#11 12 years ago

You're crazy, man! There's nothing to debate, that doesn't fit!

#12 12 years ago

How did it go? i would never take that chance, and if i had to it would take me an hour to go a mile in distance..

#13 12 years ago

what year mazda 3 is that?

#14 12 years ago

It went fine. Short drive with very little traffic. Heading back today because I forgot the keys!

#15 12 years ago

Pinheads are a tenacious lot.

#16 12 years ago

Not sure what year the car was. My friend has a zipcar account and said "oh, look, they have a minivan. that will work." What it actually said was the Mazda3 was the sports car enthusiast's answer to the minivan. Not quite the same thing, but much bigger than my 2-door Honda.

#17 12 years ago

Did the front have a smile, like a car from the movie Cars?

#18 12 years ago

Well at that point there's no turning back!

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

My friend has a zipcar account

I have always wondered about this. I have read several horror stories about getting dinged for phantom damage to the vehicle on turn in. What is your opinion after using one to move a pin?

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Did the front have a smile, like a car from the movie Cars?

That's a "smile" car for sure, I can tell by the tail lights and back door shape (that's what SHE said)

- B

#21 12 years ago

Zipcar for pins eh...now that's smart thinking right there.

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

It went fine. Short drive with very little traffic. Heading back today because I forgot the keys!

Told you...
    Pinsiders are like challanges.

#23 12 years ago

I can fit a WPC machine in my STi. I just have to take the head off but i can close the rear hatch. I'm suprised the Mazda3 cant.

#24 12 years ago

northvibe said:Did the front have a smile, like a car from the movie Cars?
    That's a "smile" car for sure, I can tell by the tail lights and back door shape (that's what SHE said)
    - B

Ya I thought it was a 2010+ but just wanted to make sure. I had a Mazdaspeed 3 2009 for a while but forgot what it looked like... Here is a 2010 wagon and a ms3

Mazda3-5-Door-Exterior_Image-04-1280.jpgMazda3-5-Door-Exterior_Image-04-1280.jpg MAZDASPEED3_172.jpgMAZDASPEED3_172.jpg

Ya I think it would fit in a old one. I had 4 wheel/tires and 4 tires for racing and it fit great.

#25 12 years ago

I thought the zipcar process was pretty easy. Just be sure you know what you're reserving.

The game itself is in great shape - may be HUO based on cabinet and coin door condition. That or someone replaced the coin door with a brand new one. Perfect translight. Just needs some dusting/waxing, replacement of one rollover switch, and maybe a flipper readjustment.

1 year later
    #26 11 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

You be the judge.

Looks like a stupid move to me.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from Propaganda:

Looks like a stupid move to me.

Like quoting a year old post?

Chris

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Like quoting a year old post

Oh no! It's the thread revive police. Did you have to pass a test to get the badge for that?

#29 11 years ago

Trade it in for a newer honda fit. My old model has fit a gottlieb deadly weapon, pinbot and earthshaker. Think the newer ones can also do widebodies, which im not sure mine can.

Think someone should just make a sticky listing with car models and a list of what pins fit. People can PM the author and they can edit it to add info.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from Propaganda:

Oh no! It's the thread revive police. Did you have to pass a test to get the badge for that?

I did

Honestly the test was way too easy. I think anyone could do it.

Chris

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-a-pin-fit-in-a-mazda3-hatch-debatable and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.