(Topic ID: 14431)

Who's coming to the Michigan Pinball Expo?

By mipinballexpo

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by cfh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

254156_1792140448240_1381519105_314911.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

We know everyone can't make it although we wish you all could! Lots of exciting stuff going on at this years show! Jersey Jack speaking with some surprises for the crowd! Skit-B Predator on display! Greg Freres of Jersey Jack Pinball and Whizbang presenting Big Juicy Melons! And much, much more!

#2 12 years ago

Might go to pinball at the Zoo???

5.5 hours from Madison vs. 8 hours makes it tough.

#3 12 years ago

Going to try.. Hey I have a very bad hip ( actually two), would anyone say anything about a folding stool so I can play the machines?

#4 12 years ago

Pinball At The Zoo is a great show to attend.

Bill, absolutely not! We provide 50 foot stools for the little ones so they can stand and play without their parents holding them up. No one is going to give you a problem with a folding stool to sit and play on.

#5 12 years ago

Awesome.. Believe me, I'd rather not have to use one. I'm really going to try to go again this year..
    Last year the shows were on the same weekend. I hadn't planned on going till I woke up Friday morning and said "Yep.. Sounds fun.!" I did the 2 1/2 hour drive North up to PATZ on Friday. Played till closing and drove to Rochester, Mi.. Another 2 1/2 or so East that night.. Searched and searched for a room to sleep in. Woke up and did 6 hrs Saturday at MPE. Great Weekend of Pinball!

#6 12 years ago

Bill: I recall talking with you last year. That's great that you were able to hit both shows! We look forward to seeing you again at MPE this year.

#7 12 years ago

Already pre-paid, I'll be there (just don't know which day yet).

#8 12 years ago

I will be there too - probably 2 of the days.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from mipinballexpo:

Bill: I recall talking with you last year. That's great that you were able to hit both shows! We look forward to seeing you again at MPE this year.

Yea, I think we spoke again at "12 hours of Pinball" Right?

#10 12 years ago

I'll be there as close to doors opening as I can pull off!

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from Blakesell:

I'll be there as close to doors opening as I can pull off!

To arrive around 8am from Columbus...you are going to need an early start!!!

#12 12 years ago

I can only go the first day... I gotta man my booth at the Lansing/Mason gun show fri-sun...
    I'll be hitting the zoo the following weekend..

#13 12 years ago

Would anyone be willing to keep an eye out for a set of Johnny Mnemonic or Jurassic Park plastics for me ? I would like to come, but I don't know if I'll be able to make that drive on such short notice. I'd of course Paypal you some money if you saw a set of either/both. Just figured I'd ask!

#14 12 years ago

NPO, you got a price range ya wanna stay within?

#15 12 years ago

I'm new as to how much a full set should cost. Can someone educate me on this so I don't sound like a loon by saying something nuts like "As long as it's under $1000..."

#16 12 years ago

I'll be there all four days, enjoying myself to the hilt!

On a different note, I wanted to put something out there....

I've been truly enjoying the wonderful community that's built up here at Pinside. From all the great advice I got a few months ago getting my first pin, to all the cool people I've met through here and this hobby. I've had a few folks invite me into their homes to enjoy their collections, and I've been wanting to find a way to "pay it forward" so-to-speak. So here it is....

For any of you Pinsiders from out of town looking to come out to MPE, you're welcome to crash at my place anytime Wednesday night through Saturday night. I'm about a 30~40 minute drive from the show, and I've got three extra beds (one of which is spoken for by my brother on Saturday night), two extra couches, and a ton of floor space.

Please PM me if you are interested / for details.

Thanks,
    Eric

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from BillinIndiana:

Yea, I think we spoke again at "12 hours of Pinball" Right?

Yeppers, another great pinball party!

Quoted from EchoVictor:

For any of you Pinsiders from out of town looking to come out to MPE, you're welcome to crash at my place anytime Wednesday night through Saturday night. I'm about a 30~40 minute drive from the show, and I've got three extra beds (one of which is spoken for by my brother on Saturday night), two extra couches, and a ton of floor space.

What an awesome gesture! Eric is a great guy!

#18 12 years ago

I will be at the expo with the wife. Most likely going on Saturday. I know it is crowded that day, but it is also the most exciting day with the all the people, events, and kids tournament. Hoping to see people there. I will most likely be wearing a shirt with He-Man on it.

Jeremy

#19 12 years ago

I'll be there helping to setup all the way to tearing it down. Will have RGP lanyard on, come on by and say Hi.

Todd S.

#20 12 years ago

I'll be there, it was a great show last year. Trying to decide if I have anything interesting to talk about other than with Jack... Anyone have any ideas? (Unreleased product is out of the question unfortunately.)

#21 12 years ago

If I can go I'll be the bald guy with a cane and possible a folding stool.

Bill in Indiana

p.s. That isn't really me in my Avatar..Ha

#22 12 years ago

I'll be there. My friend and I are entered in the Pinbrawl!!!

#23 12 years ago

So Keefer.. essentially you can only talk about Stern and Melons?

That's ok, Jack always talks about the unreleased product from the vids and in person that I've seen.

#24 12 years ago

How about where peeps can get parts, do they have to order from JJP, or can they get them elsewhere?

#25 12 years ago

Eric,

PM sent.

#26 12 years ago

I'll be there as well. Last year was a lot of fun. Planning to do Pinbrawl, Pingolf, some Classics, and the main tourney.

Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I'll be there, it was a great show last year. Trying to decide if I have anything interesting to talk about other than with Jack... Anyone have any ideas?

I missed your talk last year but have you ever done anything like an intro to pinball programming where you show how to take a few switches and make them do various things when triggered by doing the code real time? I don't know how time consuming it'd be but I think it'd be really interesting to see and maybe inspire some of the young coders out there.

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from Blakesell:

So Keefer.. essentially you can only talk about Stern and Melons?

If by Melons you mean Whizbang's game, I don't have anything to do with that other than being impressed by the end result. I could talk some about JJP, but unfortunately most of the stuff I'm working on I prefer not to divulge until release.

Quoted from ARTMAN:

I missed your talk last year but have you ever done anything like an intro to pinball programming where you show how to take a few switches and make them do various things when triggered by doing the code real time? I don't know how time consuming it'd be but I think it'd be really interesting to see and maybe inspire some of the young coders out there.

Interesting idea. It would be fun to try sometime, but certainly won't happen by this weekend.

#28 12 years ago

Nah, I just meant Melons in general

#29 12 years ago

If you're coming from the south to the show, don't forget to stop by my warehouse pinball games and parts sale. it's right on the way. email me for details. Also in the warehouse is about 100 games for viewing/playing. cfh at provide.net

#30 12 years ago

I'm this guy most days... so if you see me, I'm probably me..

254156_1792140448240_1381519105_314911.jpg254156_1792140448240_1381519105_314911.jpg

#31 12 years ago

something has come up with work & I cant make it tomorrow!! Can someone else keep an eye out for N.P.O.'s Plastics for 'em?

#32 12 years ago

Plan on attending Sun. Cant wait to play some of the titles I will never have. MM, AFM and The Predator!. Also plan on playing as many as I can. For future purchases... hopefully.

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from Chochi_ca:

Plan on attending Sun. Cant wait to play some of the titles I will never have. MM, AFM and The Predator!. Also plan on playing as many as I can. For future purchases... hopefully.

Remember Sunday is a short day!

#34 12 years ago
    Quoted from Chochi_ca:

Cant wait to play some of the titles I will never have.

hah! don't be so sure, this obsession takes you places you never thought when first getting in.

I should be there, maybe sat.

#35 12 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Remember Sunday is a short day!

Isn't it nice that the "short day" is 9 hours (8am-5pm)? At some shows that is a long day.

#36 12 years ago

If guys want to stop by the warehouse on Friday night i will be there with lots of parts and games for sale. (Northville MI 48167) Also have an AC/DC Premier for sale/play, and should have the AFM color DMD thing up and running. There's about 100 games at the shop, it's worth stopping by for a look, and to rummage through all the parts/plastics and misc. games i have for sale (probably around 10 games.) Email me for details. I'll be there Friday afternoon, Friday evening, and during the day on Saturday and Sunday. Email: cfh at provide.net

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whos-coming-to-the-michigan-pinball-expo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.